PDA

View Full Version : Liberty......

LP57
10-01-2003, 10:37 PM
i just wanted to hear some opinions about the liberty team this yr.

jason
10-01-2003, 10:40 PM
wont get past area round of playoffs...they're non contenders...

crunkandfocused
10-01-2003, 11:52 PM
Liberty is a very physical team, always has been and always will be. However, they don't seem to be executing to well right now and until they do most of their games are going to continue to be close. I believe that in the next week or so they will get it all down and do very well the rest of the year.

LP57
10-02-2003, 06:51 AM
thanx crunk and to jason i have to disagree with you i think this team will be more than just an area contender

EAGLETOWN
10-02-2003, 07:34 AM
What the deal.

Someone is on here every week asking how will Liberty be or how will we do this year.

You Liberty guys always seem like you need a boost of confidence every week on here.

With most of the people I know from Liberty that is not the case.

They have plenty of confidence.

Liberty has a good ball team.

They alway do.

With yall its not a matter of how many times you have made the playoffs.

Its more like how many time you have not.

More times than not you are in the running.

The one thing no one can do is ever take Liberty lightly.

If you do you will get beat.

GOOD LUCK THIS YEAR.

wink I hope you guys win all of you games this year. wink

:D EXCEPT FOR THE ONE AGAINST THE HILL. :D

:p HA HA HA.. :p

RBARKER
10-02-2003, 07:44 AM
I agree that Liberty will be a force in the playoffs. I'm not talking about state but they will play teams close. I have not seen the Liberty team play but have reviewed their stats. Good luck to Liberty Just represent 22-3A and play hard. Seya on Oct 17th your house

trojandad
10-02-2003, 11:53 AM
I think Liberty showed 22 3A proud last year in the way they beat the spread against Bellville. They were extremely physical.

The one thing I notice in the posts of Liberty compared to the Hill is that the Panther's posts seem to be about destruction, demolition, fear, grinding bones, etc. whereas the players on the Hill for the most part talk about not forgetting opponents and keeping one's mind right. I think once Liberty puts a program together that emphasizes game plans and football play over maiming and destroying, their personnel are gonna be a load.

LP57 is definitely a change to the positive for sure, most of his posts have been to be upbeat. Maybe they're on the way to change. Got tired of MILF posts from Liberty kids last year, was WAY out of bounds.

I know this, Bellville is no doubt one of the best teams in the state, and if they play Liberty next year, you can bet they won't be taking them lightly, so it definitely behooves others not as talented to do so, namely us.

pgamgt1982
10-02-2003, 01:16 PM
Liberty will make a run this year, but depending on how well they execute the small things will determine how far they will actually go. Physical team, absolutely. Disciplined team, absolutely. Overall talented team, not exactly. I'm pulling for the Panthers this year. I can not wait til' the game against B-H, tis' going to be a great match-up.

Xpanther03
10-02-2003, 01:28 PM
i've only ventured back to see liberty play one game and i was thoroughly impressed with them... i won't get to see another game for a while, but by what i saw and what i hear, they are an extremely physical team... i think it has always been a liberty tradition to just want to give all out effort and never slack on either side of the ball... these guys love to hit, i found that one out last year... i think if they keep up the intensity and take it game-by-game there is no limit to how far they can go this season...

good luck

RBARKER
10-02-2003, 01:36 PM
I can't wait till the BH - Liberty game either. This is going to be a good match up between two great teams. I havn't heard to much about the panthers this year except that they are winning. Someone from Liberty give us a run down of your team, I know you have a stud LB but what about your RB, QB, Offensive & Defensive Line?

LP57
10-02-2003, 04:58 PM
i think we have a pretty solid team overall rbarker. we excell in line play like we do each yr. in the skilled positions weve been pretty good so far also. that lb you speak of is having a great season so far and so is his counterpart. our secondary isnt the strongest but they can improve alot and on o our game is sound in the backfield if we ever learn to hold on to the ball, execute, and get the blocks on the outside. how bout you guys rbarker

LP57
10-02-2003, 05:05 PM
hey eagletown not trying to be rude but i wasnt asking for any confidence we have all the confidence in the world right now i was just asking opinions about the team

RBARKER
10-03-2003, 07:33 AM
LP57:
i think we have a pretty solid team overall rbarker. we excell in line play like we do each yr. in the skilled positions weve been pretty good so far also. that lb you speak of is having a great season so far and so is his counterpart. our secondary isnt the strongest but they can improve alot and on o our game is sound in the backfield if we ever learn to hold on to the ball, execute, and get the blocks on the outside. how bout you guys rbarkerLP57, out O line is getting better each game they are opening up holes and protecting the QB very well. The QB is very versatile and could easily be the starting RB instead. The QB is a Soph and has alot of pose and makes pretty good desisions. The RB is a different running back from what yall seen last year he is a smashmouth type player that hits the hole hard not a lot of break away speed but is very quick. The Defensive is playing great they have alowed some points but half of the points came of turnovers. BH's secondary is what has impressed me this year they have 12 interceptions for the year and one guy holds 7 of them. Overall the team is young in the skilled positions but you can see the improvemnet each game.