Originally posted by CS DAD
who is the favorite remember division 1 and 2

D1 Abilene Wylie
D2 Liberty Hill

trojan37
02-13-2008, 07:11 PM
will china spring take region 1 next season

Haha, that was a good one. If China Spring's takes Division I, the Astros win the World Series, Stone Cold Steve Austin is president, and I hook up with GoBlue's hot girl of the month! :D

CS DAD
02-13-2008, 07:23 PM
we will see ,we are still strong and going to make a run

jimmyceatworld
02-13-2008, 09:10 PM

Going to make a run? I can believe that. But win region 1? The new region 1 looks pretty strong with LH and some other schools. It should be interesting, but they have to have to upper hand.

injuredinmelee
02-13-2008, 09:30 PM

Dlow history clearly states that when a teams fans get on here making big predictions this early they get bumped very early.

Centextrash
02-13-2008, 09:33 PM
will china spring take region 1 next season

No

Uhh No...

and finally, H--- NO...

Who will???? Here are the contenders (In case you have been in the gym watching CHina Spring girls round ball too long):
Brownwood Iowa Park
Wimberley Decatur
Liberty Hill Andrews
Sweetwater Monahans
Snyder Vernon
Glen Rose China Spring

It will be a war come week 11....then the last one standing will see the Celina Bobcats in week 15...

jimmyceatworld
02-13-2008, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Dlow history clearly states that when a teams fans get on here making big predictions this early they get bumped very early.

I'm wondering if it will have the opposite effect if I make bad predictions :thinking:

trojan37
02-13-2008, 09:38 PM
Ah, right! If for some reason Gatesville decides to step up and play football in the new district, which shouldn't be hard for them to do, China goes DII, which=early exit. District 2 has already been tabbed as the powerhouse district out of all classifications by Texas Football. If China gets passed the 2nd round, I will be shocked. Granted, Hicks returns, but you still don't have a proven qb that can get him the ball.

Old Tiger
02-13-2008, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
No :p ;)

Welcome! :) hahahhahahaah

cshscougar08
02-13-2008, 10:01 PM
Hey hey, it's CS Dad!!!! Bout time you took my advice and came over here!! trojan37 there will be no early exit for CS no matter which bracket. You, along with everyone else, totally underestimate Brian Bell. Sure he hasn't played varsity before, but so what? Dustin's first varsity year was better statistically that his second. Plus, B is a very smart football player. He will catch on quick. Plus he has plenty of targets to throw to. Ya know, people underestimate CS a lot. I know that lots of teams have firmly established themselves as perennial playoff teams. But like always, good coach=good team. And Mark Bell fits the mold. Watch out Region I. You may scoff, but the Cougars are here.

trojan37
02-13-2008, 10:07 PM
Welcome to the 3A downlow, home of the hecklers! I must say, you guys were very lucky you didn't match up against LH last year, because that would have been ugly. I don't think anyone underestimates CS, I think you underestimate the region. I'm not saying you guys aren't good, you're just not good enough to take region 1.

VWG
02-13-2008, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Centextrash
No

Uhh No...

and finally, H--- NO...

Who will???? Here are the contenders (In case you have been in the gym watching CHina Spring girls round ball too long):
Brownwood Iowa Park
Wimberley Decatur
Liberty Hill Andrews
Sweetwater Monahans
Snyder Vernon
Glen Rose China Spring

It will be a war come week 11....then the last one standing will see the Celina Bobcats in week 15...

Vernon could miss the playoffs. Lost a ton to graduation. Who replaces Miller at QB?
Iowa Park.... are you kidding me???
Snyder has to replace the "Day and Clay" tandem. Big shoes to fill there.

You left out A. Wylie, they lose Cameron R. in the backfield but their JV could have beaten some bad 3A varsity teams.

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-13-2008, 10:50 PM
No

Uhh No...

and finally, H--- NO...

Brownwood Iowa Park
Wimberley Decatur
Liberty Hill Andrews
Sweetwater Monahans
Snyder Vernon
Glen Rose China Spring

I agree, it's gonna be a tough region. Even if Casey disagrees it's true.

CS DAD
02-13-2008, 10:53 PM
No

Uhh No...

and finally, H--- NO...

Brownwood Iowa Park
Wimberley Decatur
Liberty Hill Andrews
Sweetwater Monahans
Snyder Vernon
Glen Rose China Spring

celina ............. very lucky to beat cs........... very lucky

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-13-2008, 11:31 PM

Sounds like a homer to me...

He will fit in well here.

Ranger Mom
02-13-2008, 11:42 PM

OH NO!!! Don't say that!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :doh:

Ranger Mom
02-13-2008, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud

He will fit in well here.

That's no lie!!

Old Tiger
02-13-2008, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud

He will fit in well here. Especially in region I. That is where most of the homers are.

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-13-2008, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Especially in region I. That is where most of the homers are.

I'd argue with you, but it's true.

Black_Magic
02-14-2008, 09:04 AM
celina ............. very lucky to beat cs........... very lucky Not acording to Some coaches from Celina. According to them the CS game went exactly the opposite of the Snyder vs Celina game. IN the CS game celina could not catch a break. lost a key starter in the first series. and it just kept going down hill from there. We know the feeling. Snyder fumbled the opening kickoff from celina right off the bat. Sometimes the ball just always tends to bounce away from you instead of to you. CS caught nearly all the breaks and still got beat. So It was hardly lucky.

Texasfootball2
02-14-2008, 09:19 AM
Especially in region I. That is where most of the homers are.

What is it the Pot called the Kettle??????:doh: :thinking:

Daddy D 11
02-14-2008, 09:23 AM
goblue really isnt a homer, but most region 1 posters are...which means we now are too:D

injuredinmelee
02-14-2008, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Hey hey, it's CS Dad!!!! Bout time you took my advice and came over here!! trojan37 there will be no early exit for CS no matter which bracket. You, along with everyone else, totally underestimate Brian Bell. Sure he hasn't played varsity before, but so what? Dustin's first varsity year was better statistically that his second. Plus, B is a very smart football player. He will catch on quick. Plus he has plenty of targets to throw to. Ya know, people underestimate CS a lot. I know that lots of teams have firmly established themselves as perennial playoff teams. But like always, good coach=good team. And Mark Bell fits the mold. Watch out Region I. You may scoff, but the Cougars are here.

wow must be bells daddy

charlesrixey
02-14-2008, 09:44 AM
No

Uhh No...

and finally, H--- NO...

Brownwood Iowa Park
Wimberley Decatur
Liberty Hill Andrews
Sweetwater Monahans
Snyder Vernon
Glen Rose China Spring

Uhhh, no

Andrews, Glen Rose, Monahans, and Iowa Park should not even be in this discussion right now

West Texas is going to be lightyears ahead of where it has been recently; teams like monahans and andrews are going to get a rude awakening this fall. Only the best Region I teams will be able to compete with LH and Brownwood and Wylie

China Spring, Wimberley and possibly Vernon (or whoever takes their place as best in the district) are the only real serious competition for the top 3, IMO

and a lot of the best teams play each other, so we should get a good feel early on for who is a contender and who isn't

the week 15 prediction is probably correct, though!

charlesrixey
02-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Not acording to Some coaches from Celina. According to them the CS game went exactly the opposite of the Snyder vs Celina game. IN the CS game celina could not catch a break. lost a key starter in the first series. and it just kept going down hill from there. We know the feeling. Snyder fumbled the opening kickoff from celina right off the bat. Sometimes the ball just always tends to bounce away from you instead of to you. CS caught nearly all the breaks and still got beat. So It was hardly lucky.

Both were great teams, but China Spring's defense was better

Centextrash
02-14-2008, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
Both were great teams, but China Spring's defense was better

And Didn't the cougars graduate most of the kids off of the Defense?

As far as the other post I had, I was trying to be P.C.
AS it has been stated before, I think it will most likely be between District 2 & 8 for the rights to play the Bobcats (who play in a VERY weak region now)

watz4dinner
02-14-2008, 11:51 AM
graduated 3 starters from that defense

Panther One
02-14-2008, 11:56 AM
I'll say they have a chance. From what I understand, next year's senior class at China Spring has always been a pretty dominant class, kind of like next year's seniors at Liberty Hill. They'll have another Hicks, presumably playing runningback, and a Bell at QB, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say they've got a shot to perhaps be as good as last year's team. Whether or not that's enough to win the region, we'll just have to see.

Old Tiger
02-14-2008, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
What is it the Pot called the Kettle??????:doh: :thinking: What am I a homer for? Definately not my hometown.

Old Tiger
02-14-2008, 11:58 AM
fact of the mater is that LH and Burnet are central texas teams :D

Texasfootball2
02-14-2008, 12:07 PM
fact of the mater is that LH and Burnet are central texas teams :D

And Region l teams, by the way. I would bet $$$ that you'll be the first one to start praising the region 3 athletes that Gilmer has added to reg 3 and as you would say it "the fact of the matter is Gilmer is an east tx team and north of I 20"(which means they are geographically a reg 2 team). But you will find a way to justify them being region 3, and LH and Burnet not being true reg 1 teams.

Old Tiger
02-14-2008, 12:08 PM
And Region l teams, by the way. I would bet $$$ that you'll be the first one to start praising the region 3 athletes that Gilmer has added to reg 3 and as you would say it "the fact of the matter is Gilmer is an east tx team and north of I 20"(which means they are geographically a reg 2 team). But you will find a way to justify them being region 3, and LH and Burnet not being true reg 1 teams. Nah dude LH has leftover region III talent....you got it all wrong. plus i like LH good people so i'm rooting for them regardless. Region II and III are still tougher you'll see come the state game except.

That message excludes Abilene Wylie, Brownwood, and Liberty Hill. Those are the only 3 in region I with legit shots at a state title.

NastySlot
02-14-2008, 12:18 PM
what makes everyone think that brownwood a legit choice for a shot at state........what do they have coming back?.......i know about the tradition there........and i also know that they didn't make the playoffs in 4A last year so were they young and have a lot coming back.

Old Tiger
02-14-2008, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
what makes everyone think that brownwood a legit choice for a shot at state........what do they have coming back?.......i know about the tradition there........and i also know that they didn't make the playoffs in 4A last year so were they young and have a lot coming back. I'd say they have more of a shot than Burnet.

DaHop72
02-14-2008, 12:24 PM
what makes everyone think that brownwood a legit choice for a shot at state........what do they have coming back?.......i know about the tradition there........and i also know that they didn't make the playoffs in 4A last year so were they young and have a lot coming back. Because Go Blue said so.:devil:

Texasfootball2
02-14-2008, 12:25 PM
what makes everyone think that brownwood a legit choice for a shot at state........what do they have coming back?.......i know about the tradition there........and i also know that they didn't make the playoffs in 4A last year so were they young and have a lot coming back.

To Brownwoods defense, they were in maybe the toughest 4A district in the state. At one time they were ranked #7 in the state but were third in their district because Copp. Cove and Waco were #1 and #3 respectively with another district foe being ranked around #12. Brownwood had their one bad night against Killeen and lost a game they should have won and it cost them a playoff spot because of tie breakers. They have some very good football players returning lead by a Div 1 type QB.

LH Panther Mom
02-14-2008, 12:26 PM
Div 1 type QB.
:thinking: :thinking: Why does this sound familiar? ;)

Texasfootball2
02-14-2008, 12:46 PM

I don't know, but he's 6'3 over 200 lbs. and can run out outrun stride for stride with everybody on your team, and has a cannon for an arm. I would say that he is a Div 1 Type QB. Unless you've seen him in person I guess you can have doubts, but I doubt anyone who has seen him play would argue with the statement.

Who knows where he will end up but he will get plenty of Div 1 attention.

NastySlot
02-14-2008, 12:48 PM
To Brownwoods defense, they were in maybe the toughest 4A district in the state. At one time they were ranked #7 in the state but were third in their district because Copp. Cove and Waco were #1 and #3 respectively with another district foe being ranked around #12. Brownwood had their one bad night against Killeen and lost a game they should have won and it cost them a playoff spot because of tie breakers. They have some very good football players returning lead by a Div 1 type QB.

thanks for the info.

LH Panther Mom
02-14-2008, 12:56 PM
I don't know, but he's 6'3 over 200 lbs. and can run out outrun stride for stride with everybody on your team, and has a cannon for an arm. I would say that he is a Div 1 Type QB. Unless you've seen him in person I guess you can have doubts, but I doubt anyone who has seen him play would argue with the statement.

Who knows where he will end up but he will get plenty of Div 1 attention.
I wasn't speaking so much about the QB in particular, but more about the "D1 talent". ;)

Old Tiger
02-14-2008, 12:57 PM
I wasn't speaking so much about the QB in particular, but more about the "D1 talent". ;) :D :clap: :clap: :D

Texasfootball2
02-14-2008, 01:17 PM

Then maybe I don't understand your statement, because you pull a quote from my post that said "Div 1 type QB" ??????

What am I missing here:doh:

So if your were not talking about the QB then................:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
02-14-2008, 01:32 PM
Then maybe I don't understand your statement, because you pull a quote from my post that said "Div 1 type QB" ??????

What am I missing here:doh:

So if your were not talking about the QB then................:thinking:
I should've dropped "QB" in my quote. Strictly an opinion here, so no one needs to have waddage. Division 1 talent on any high school football team is a great thing to have. But, that in itself doesn't necessarily win the games. (see 3A DI championship game..... ;) )

Old Tiger
02-14-2008, 01:34 PM
I should've dropped "QB" in my quote. Strictly an opinion here, so no one needs to have waddage. Division 1 talent on any high school football team is a great thing to have. But, that in itself doesn't necessarily win the games. (see 3A DI championship game..... ;) ) hahahhahahaha i got it!

Sweetwater Red
02-14-2008, 01:35 PM
I should've dropped "QB" in my quote. Strictly an opinion here, so no one needs to have waddage. Division 1 talent on any high school football team is a great thing to have. But, that in itself doesn't necessarily win the games. (see 3A DI championship game..... ;) )

That is true. Big Spring had a D 1 QB the year before last. The
problem was most of the rest of the team wouldn't make
Sweetwater, Snyder, or Wylie's varsity team. It showed when
we stomped them. We being Sweetwater and either Snyder or
Wylie.

LH Panther Mom
02-14-2008, 01:36 PM
hahahhahahaha i got it!
I knew you did...... :p

I need to figure out how to pull something off a dvd for loading onto youtube. :nerd:

Texasfootball2
02-14-2008, 01:46 PM

I totally agree with you, talent doesn't make you succesful. But that was part of a post where I was defending BWood for not making the playoffs last year when they were in the toughest 4A district in the state and were ranked as high as #7 at one time. Low and behold they go from the toughest 4A district in the state to "ONE" of the toughest 3A districts in the state (don't want to disrespect Dit 8). They will definiltey have their hands full just getting out of district and if they are fortunate enough to make the playoffs, unless Wylie were not to make it, they will be Div 2 and if you looked at the possible bracket in reg 1, div 2, the road just gets harder as you go. As for Wylie, they may have been placed in a much harder district, but if they make the playoffs, the Div 1 road is not quite as difficult especially with Gilmer being moved to reg 3. I'm sure Burnet and or Fredericksburg will be quality opponents in reg 1. Everybody else is pretty much the same ole group.

Panther One
02-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Regarding Pachall, he did rush for 40% of his season rushing yards against Wylie, so I can see why someone from Wylie would think highly of him. He looks like a good athlete on film, but his stats are far from impressive. I realize some of that is due to his competition.

Passing
85-182 1339 yds 46.7% 9 TDs 9 INT 18 Sacks

Rushing
115-465 yds 4 TDs 7 FUM

Texasfootball2
02-14-2008, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
Regarding Pachall, he did rush for 40% of his season rushing yards against Wylie, so I can see why someone from Wylie would think highly of him. He looks like a good athlete on film, but his stats are far from impressive. I realize some of that is due to his competition.

Passing
85-182 1339 yds 46.7% 9 TDs 9 INT 18 Sacks

Rushing
115-465 yds 4 TDs 7 FUM

Thats good stuff. An your right, we witnessed one heck of a show. I like to think it was a flash in the dark performance.

Old Tiger
02-14-2008, 01:58 PM
I knew you did...... :p

I need to figure out how to pull something off a dvd for loading onto youtube. :nerd: rip the dvd to your computer then cut the clip from the ripped dvd and upload

cshscougar08
02-14-2008, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
wow must be bells daddy

Haha yeah whatever. Pretty sure being 17 would NOT make me B's daddy. But it was an interesting idea nonetheless. :D

Ranger Mom
02-14-2008, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Haha yeah whatever. Pretty sure being 17 would NOT make me B's daddy. But it was an interesting idea nonetheless. :D

Maybe Bell himself??:thinking:

BwdLions
02-14-2008, 04:42 PM

Oh Nasty, envy is not a desirable character trait my friend. I wouldn't go out on a limb and make any ridiculous predictions, but the Bwd Lions will have a successful year in 2008. :kiss:

Sweetwater Red
02-14-2008, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Oh Nasty, envy is not a desirable character trait my friend. I wouldn't go out on a limb and make any ridiculous predictions, but the Bwd Lions will have a successful year in 2008. :kiss:

If by successful you mean battling Snyder for third place then...:thumbsup:

:thinking:

I'm really going to wear that out by the time football season
gets here ain't I?:D

nobogey72
02-14-2008, 05:04 PM

Hey Nasty,
You ever heard the phrase "let a sleeping dog lie"? Trust me, they will be fine next year. Don't be fooled by them not making the playoffs in 4A last year. We have had to start the last 2 seasons playing them in week 0. :)

cshscougar08
02-14-2008, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Maybe Bell himself??:thinking:

Lol. Another good one. :D

CS DAD
02-14-2008, 06:19 PM
dang ,when is the season starting

UNFINISHED BUSINESS