PDA

View Full Version : Jason Kidd to Mavericks!!!

Sweetwater Red
02-13-2008, 01:36 PM
????:devil: :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3244102

Adidas410s
02-13-2008, 01:47 PM
please no...trading away Harris doesn't solve the problem. What happens if Kidd gets hurt??? Then we don't have a backup. Go get Cassell, Bibby, or Andre Miller and KEEP DEVIN HARRIS!!!

JR2004
02-13-2008, 01:57 PM
Oh man let this panic trade happen! This just adds to the unintentional comedy of Snaq coming back out West in a panic move.

pirate4state
02-13-2008, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Oh man let this panic trade happen! This just adds to the unintentional comedy of Snaq coming back out West in a panic move. who is Snaq?? LOL

Jason Kidd a Maverick again? I remember back when I still liked basketball going to watch games b/c he was a Maverick. wow :o

jason
02-13-2008, 02:01 PM
this is a terrible deal for the mavs...why would they want to trade away all that young talent for somebody who only has a few years left....

JR2004
02-13-2008, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
who is Snaq?? LOL

Snaquille O'Meal

Macarthur
02-13-2008, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by jason
this is a terrible deal for the mavs...why would they want to trade away all that young talent for somebody who only has a few years left....

Because Jason Kidd can do things on the court that Harris will never even dream of.

I'm not sure Kidd puts them over the top, but he's a huge upgrade over Harris.

Adidas410s
02-13-2008, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Because Jason Kidd can do things on the court that Harris will never even dream of.

I'm not sure Kidd puts them over the top, but he's a huge upgrade over Harris.
Kidd's also shooting a career low 36% this year...how is that an upgrade???

Maroon87
02-13-2008, 02:27 PM
Bad trade for the Mavs I think.

Txbroadcaster
02-13-2008, 02:30 PM
Oh man let this panic trade happen! This just adds to the unintentional comedy of Snaq coming back out West in a panic move.

I dont know if this is a panic move or not because this rumor trade has been around BEFORE the Shaq move

Is this a good move? I dont think if it happens we will be able to tell till the season is played out. If the Mavs win the title then yes it is..IF they dont, I guess it depends on how long Kidd plays

As far as HArris, I like him..BUT I dont think oh man he is a one of a kind PG that if we lose we might not ever get that type of player again type of guy.

I feel a player with his ability can be gotten again after Kidd is done, so I have no problem with tradking him

I am more worried about trading the depth of Diop

DUKE22
02-13-2008, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Kidd's also shooting a career low 36% this year...how is that an upgrade??? He is capable of getting a triple double every night. He has experience, been to the finals twice. Most important, I think for the Mavs to get over the hump they need to defend the likes of NASH, PARKER, DAVIS. This guy can do that. Harris is good and this is a gamble, but I dont see them winning with what they have now. By the way I cant stand Dallas that is just my take.

3afan
02-13-2008, 02:46 PM
from CBS:

The Nets agree to trade All-Star point guard Jason Kidd and Malik Allen to the Mavericks for Devin Harris, Jerry Stackhouse, Devean George, DeSagana Diop, two first-round picks and cash, sources tell Tony Mejia of CBSSports.com

:eek:

3afan
02-13-2008, 02:47 PM
from NBA.com:

Although sources say that the teams are still sorting out final details, this deal was described as "imminent" by multiple sources close to the process after negotiations moved to an advanced stage Tuesday night. The proposed swap -- salvaged from talks on a three-way trade with Portland that developed and fizzled quickly two weeks ago -- would require Dallas to send 24-year-old point guard Devin Harris, veteran swingman Jerry Stackhouse, the expiring contracts of center DeSagana Diop and swingman Devean George and guard Maurice Ager to New Jersey for Kidd and forward Malik Allen.

Texasfootball2
02-13-2008, 03:53 PM
Any thoughts. Great short term, no so good long term!

eagles_victory
02-13-2008, 04:03 PM
Way too much for Jason Kidd. Kidd is a player who has been overrated his whole career and you just morgaged your future for him dont understand that at all. They could of went and got a guy who is younger and a better shooter then Kidd and kept Harris. Plus I dont want a guy on my team who has been yelling for a trade for 3 years. The Spurs passed up on Kidd a few years ago and kept some Parker guy how did that work out for them?

Maroon87
02-13-2008, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
from CBS:

The Nets agree to trade All-Star point guard Jason Kidd and Malik Allen to the Mavericks for Devin Harris, Jerry Stackhouse, Devean George, DeSagana Diop, two first-round picks and cash, sources tell Tony Mejia of CBSSports.com

:eek:

Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol thinks that trade is wack...:doh:

Texasfootball2
02-13-2008, 04:18 PM

Kidd brings with him great floor leadership. Makes everybody on the floor better. Kidd is a great defensive player with a phsical presents. Dirk and Howard will both be more consistant with Kidd on the floor. Kidd also gives them a great rebounding gaurd, and someone who can match up the players like Barron Davis, Steve Nash, and Parker in the Western conference. Plus he will take the leadership roll from Dirk, which will make Dirk only better.

I really like this for this year and maybe next, but long term it could set them back down the road. I say lets win now and worry about the future later.

Go Mavs!!!!!!!!!

Emerson1
02-13-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by jason
Because if they don't win the next 2 years, they mine as well call it quits anyways. Popularity will drop huge if they don't make it to at least the WCF this year

Sweetwater Red
02-13-2008, 04:31 PM
I'm just waiting for all these Western Conference teams to
beat the snot out of each other in the playoffs and then the
Pistons clean up whats left in the Finals.:D

kaorder1999
02-13-2008, 04:56 PM
Dallas got better for THIS year...thats all I care about. THe Mavs have been "building for the future" since 1989 or so!

Sweetwater Red
02-13-2008, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Dallas got better for THIS year...thats all I care about. THe Mavs have been "building for the future" since 1989 or so!

Excellent post.:clap:

The Mavericks were my second favorite team back in the 80's. The
teams of Rolando Blackmon, Mark Agguire, Derick Harper, Roy
Tarpley, and Sam Perkins couldn't ever get over the top.:(

Macarthur
02-13-2008, 05:28 PM

You seriously don't think Kidd is an upgrade over Harris?

Look, Kidd regularly puts up triple doubles. How can anyone in their right mind not think he's an upgrade over Harris. Harris just an above average PG. Not that that is a bad thing, but he is not a Jason Kidd.

Kidd has never been a lights out shooter, but he does so many little things like a key steal, getting a finger on a pass and a 9 or 10 assist night is a down night for him.

JR2004
02-13-2008, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Any thoughts. Great short term, no so good long term!

Being a life-long fan of the flagship franchise of the NBA, here's what I think.

First my guys go out and get Gasol for practically nothing and it's like Christmas in February. I was ecstatic enough with just that happening. I didn't think it could get any better than that this season.

Then Phoenix brings Snaquille back to the Western Conference. At this point Laker fans like myself are on cloud nine as it brings the Big Cap Killer to our biggest Western rival. I'm thinking this just can't possibly be happening. At some point us Laker fans are going to wake up and it'll just be a dream. I figure there's absolutely nothing, nada, zilch, zero that can top Phoenix sabotaging itself.

Then today happens...

Not that Dallas was a worrisome team for my guys as it was constructed, but to see another team pull a Phoenix and go all in while my guys didn't have to do that to significantly upgrade our championship possibilities was just astounding. Today is the icing on the cake. The only boneheaded move left to make is Artest heading to Denver. If they pull that off I just won't know what to do. What an amazing turn of events in just a two week timespan. It's gone from my gosh I don't know how much more Kwame I can take to now watching other teams in the West try to counter LA stealing Gasol.

eagles_victory
02-13-2008, 06:13 PM

Then Phoenix brings Snaquille back to the Western Conference. Did you call him that when he carried your guys to 3 straight NBA championships?

kepdawg
02-13-2008, 06:17 PM
Being a life-long fan of the flagship franchise of the NBA, here's what I think.

First my guys go out and get Gasol for practically nothing and it's like Christmas in February. I was ecstatic enough with just that happening. I didn't think it could get any better than that this season.

Then Phoenix brings Snaquille back to the Western Conference. At this point Laker fans like myself are on cloud nine as it brings the Big Cap Killer to our biggest Western rival. I'm thinking this just can't possibly be happening. At some point us Laker fans are going to wake up and it'll just be a dream. I figure there's absolutely nothing, nada, zilch, zero that can top Phoenix sabotaging itself.

Then today happens...

Not that Dallas was a worrisome team for my guys as it was constructed, but to see another team pull a Phoenix and go all in while my guys didn't have to do that to significantly upgrade our championship possibilities was just astounding. Today is the icing on the cake. The only boneheaded move left to make is Artest heading to Denver. If they pull that off I just won't know what to do. What an amazing turn of events in just a two week timespan. It's gone from my gosh I don't know how much more Kwame I can take to now watching other teams in the West try to counter LA stealing Gasol.

The Mavs went all in? How so?

JR2004
02-13-2008, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Did you call him that when he carried your guys to 3 straight NBA championships?

First he didn't CARRY us to three titles. It was a TEAM effort. I realize you might've just began to watch basketball around the time LA was in the midst of a three-peat, but he didn't carry us on his own just as Magic or Kareem were never solely responsible for the Showtime days. Without Big Game James, Coop, B. Scott, Mychal Thompson and AC Green among many others (Bob McAdoo comes to mind.) none of those titles would've been possible.

Snaquille attacked the organization. I don't respect guys who go after the Buss family considering that they've been the model owners in pro sports over the last three decades. I didn't respect the Kobester either when he went after them. I'm a Laker fan, not a Snaquille fan. Players come and go, but the franchise doesn't.

eagles_victory
02-13-2008, 06:27 PM
First he didn't CARRY us to three titles. It was a TEAM effort. I realize you might've just began to watch basketball around the time LA was in the midst of a three-peat, but he didn't carry us on his own just as Magic or Kareem were never solely responsible for the Showtime days. Without Big Game James, Coop, B. Scott, Mychal Thompson and AC Green among many others (Bob McAdoo comes to mind.) none of those titles would've been possible.

Snaquille attacked the organization. I don't respect guys who go after the Buss family considering that they've been the model owners in pro sports over the last three decades. I didn't respect the Kobester either when he went after them. I'm a Laker fan, not a Snaquille fan. Players come and go, but the franchise doesn't. You make some good points but looking at the facts how many have you won since he left?

JR2004
02-13-2008, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
The Mavs went all in? How so?

Going for a short-term fix of acquiring Kidd that isn't going to work in the West. Take Dallas out east and they could make the JV conference finals with a team like this though. Gosh everything is lining up really well for the Lakers and the Spurs this year. Cuban just couldn't handle not making a splash and it'll come back to bite him in the rear. On behalf of Laker fans everywhere, thanks Mark!

It's like Christmas all over again for the third time in two weeks!

kepdawg
02-13-2008, 06:29 PM
Going for a short-term fix of acquiring Kidd that isn't going to work in the West. Take Dallas out east and they could make the JV conference finals with a team like this though. Gosh everything is lining up really well for the Lakers and the Spurs this year. Cuban just couldn't handle not making a splash and it'll come back to bite him in the rear. On behalf of Laker fans everywhere, thanks Mark!

It's like Christmas all over again for the third time in two weeks!

You must be overrating Harris and Diop.

JR2004
02-13-2008, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
You make some good points but looking at the facts how many have you won since he left?

The facts show that we were rebuilding on the fly and managed to pull it off in three years. Considering the last rebuilding job didn't culminate in a trip back to the finals for just about an entire decade I'm more than happy to just have to wait four, possibly five (next year is realistically the year we begin to roll through the West) years tops to begin another run of dominance. Our quick rebuilding job is really unprecedented with how the CBA is setup.

Go ask Leprechaun fans how they've felt for the last two decades. We went through nothing like that. I'd gladly take three years of what LA went through versus a twenty year run of ineptitude.

JR2004
02-13-2008, 06:34 PM
You must be overrating Harris and Diop.

You must be a Mavs fan who thinks this is a good trade! :clap:

The run is over man...Time for Dallas to go back to their place in the pecking order. They had their chance against Miami. It's just over.

kepdawg
02-13-2008, 06:37 PM
You must be a Mavs fan who thinks this is a good trade! :clap:

The run is over man...Time for Dallas to go back to their place in the pecking order. They had their chance against Miami. It's just over.

So about Harris and Diop?

JR2004
02-13-2008, 06:40 PM
So about Harris and Diop?

I like Harris. Rod Thorn hit a home run as he usually does in these situations. He got out from under a gigantic contract for a guy more than a decade younger who is still 2-3 years away from his prime.

Diop did what was asked of him. Rebound, block shots and use up his fouls. Anything offensively was just a plus. He did his job. Oh well I guess we get to see if Dampier can earn his salary. He always fancied himself as the Snaquille-stopper. Let's see what happens.

kepdawg
02-13-2008, 06:47 PM
I like Harris. Rod Thorn hit a home run as he usually does in these situations. He got out from under a gigantic contract for a guy more than a decade younger who is still 2-3 years away from his prime.

Diop did what was asked of him. Rebound, block shots and use up his fouls. Anything offensively was just a plus. He did his job. Oh well I guess we get to see if Dampier can earn his salary. He always fancied himself as the Snaquille-stopper. Let's see what happens.

Harris and Diop weren't going to lead the Mavs to a championship so I have no problem getting rid of them.

As for your comment in the earlier post about the run being over: What on earth are you talking about? Run!?! What run? You make it sound like the Mavs are the Spurs or something.

The Mavs have a better chance this year with Kidd than they did with Harris and Diop. I don't think they will win a championship with Kidd in the next 2-3 years but I think they have a better chance than had they not made the move.

So, yes, I do think it is a good move. I am happy to see Harris gone. In the short term the Mavs have upgraded at point guard while forcing themselves to have someone other than Harris at the point in the long term.

JR2004
02-13-2008, 06:51 PM
As for your comment in the earlier post about the run being over: What on earth are you talking about? Run!?! What run? You make it sound like the Mavs are the Spurs or something.

When I say run, I mean run of being a serious contender.

Highschoolfan78
02-13-2008, 09:21 PM
I do think this is a horrible trade, but I wouldn't call Kidd overrated his whole career. He may not have a championship, but hasn't exactly had a Tim Duncan with him. How many other point guards rebound, assist, and score as much as Kidd has his entire career. He' good, but not for that many young players AND prospects AND cash!!! That is absurd.

kepdawg
02-13-2008, 09:29 PM
Devean George is holding up the deal with his no trade clause.

Adidas410s
02-13-2008, 09:40 PM
Devean George is holding up the deal with his no trade clause. :D

kepdawg
02-13-2008, 09:43 PM
:D

I can't say I blame him for not wanting to go to NJ.

Emerson1
02-13-2008, 09:45 PM
Sub Trenton Hassel for George and it still works out money wise. Devean George is not going to make this deal not work.

He wanted a trade last week, what a B

Adidas410s
02-13-2008, 09:46 PM
I can't say I blame him for not wanting to go to NJ. Personally I want to get rid of George. I've never been a fan of that overrated role player...

Emerson1
02-13-2008, 09:56 PM
Personally I want to get rid of George. I've never been a fan of that overrated role player...
Wish we would of kept Adrian Griffin