PDA

View Full Version : Chad Johnson

coach
02-13-2008, 12:23 AM
Just been reported that the Washington Redskins, Philidelphia Eagles, and The Dallas Cowboys are all interested in him!!

DU_stud04
02-13-2008, 12:40 AM
heard rumor for a while cowboys were lookin at him.... i say bring him to texas :D

mistanice
02-13-2008, 12:46 AM
I think there'd be some conflict with who gets more balls thrown their way!

DU_stud04
02-13-2008, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by mistanice
I think there'd be some conflict with who gets more balls thrown their way! cant double team both of them. having two receivers with their talent and that opposing secondary doesnt look as thick anymore.

coach
02-13-2008, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
heard rumor for a while cowboys were lookin at him.... i say bring him to texas :D

i agree we always talk about we didnt have a deep threat last year well now we do...

injuredinmelee
02-13-2008, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
cant double team both of them. having two receivers with their talent and that opposing secondary doesnt look as thick anymore.

as great a player as Johnson is and as great a receiver Owens is there wouldnt be enough balls go go around in Dallas. Neither player would do sacrifice their own numbers for the good of the team.

Bearkat
02-13-2008, 09:29 AM
I don't think this can happen.

1. Too many ego's between Johnson and Owens.
2. Not enough balls to go around. (Remember, Jason Witten caught close to 100 balls this past season.)
3. The money. I'm pretty sure that Chad Johnson wouldn't come cheap.

In a perfect world where everyone is a team player, no one cares about their individual catches, and Johnson would take a pay cut to play for the COWBOYS, I say bring him to BIG D.

Adidas410s
02-13-2008, 09:31 AM
I still think we should go after Roy Williams. I think he would have a Leonard Davis-like resurgance and turn into a dominant receiver. Offer Millen either our higher 1st and 3rd this year or a lower 1st and next year's 2nd....see if he'll bite.

Sweetwater Red
02-13-2008, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I still think we should go after Roy Williams. I think he would have a Leonard Davis-like resurgance and turn into a dominant receiver. Offer Millen either our higher 1st and 3rd this year or a lower 1st and next year's 2nd....see if he'll bite.

I've tried to put together all the scenarios that would have him
going to Dallas via trade. He has already said he wants to play
for Dallas. Why would Dallas give up something now when they
can get him for "free" after this next season.:thinking:

Texasfootball2
02-13-2008, 09:42 AM
Ocho-Cinco + Ocho-uno = Super Bowl

Texasfootball2
02-13-2008, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Ocho-Cinco + Ocho-uno = Super Bowl

On a serious note! I think the Cowboys should offer Roy Williams and Patrick Crayton for Johnson and a second or third round pick.

crzyjournalist03
02-13-2008, 09:48 AM
On a serious note! I think the Cowboys should offer Roy Williams and Patrick Crayton for Johnson and a second or third round pick.

Nobody wants our Roy Williams...he's slowing down and has a ridiculous contract for the next several years. Right now, you couldn't get a first day draft pick for the guy.

crzyjournalist03
02-13-2008, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
as great a player as Johnson is and as great a receiver Owens is there wouldnt be enough balls go go around in Dallas. Neither player would do sacrifice their own numbers for the good of the team.

Owens sacrificed his numbers for the good of the team during basically an entire month this season and didn't say a peep. Chad Johnson has been the number two guy in Cincy for two years now and hasn't made a big public fuss about it, although there's clearly been some behind-the-scenes issues that he's mentioned. If Chad Johnson has been playing second-fiddle to T.J. Houshmanzadeh, I'd imagine he'd be fine coming in to play along side "The Original 81."

Texasfootball2
02-13-2008, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Nobody wants our Roy Williams...he's slowing down and has a ridiculous contract for the next several years. Right now, you couldn't get a first day draft pick for the guy.

In the Bengals defensive scheme Williams would be a great outside LB and Crayton is a quality young WR who would compliment TJ Housh.

pirate4state
02-13-2008, 09:56 AM
It'll never happen! :(

Adidas410s
02-13-2008, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I've tried to put together all the scenarios that would have him
going to Dallas via trade. He has already said he wants to play
for Dallas. Why would Dallas give up something now when they
can get him for "free" after this next season.:thinking:
1. Williams has a base salary of $3.4 million and a total salary of $5.15 million.
2. Last year, the 23rd pick (Dwayne Bowe, WR - Chiefs) earned $4.1 mil and the 30th pick (Craig Davis, WR - Chargers) earned $3.62 mil. The Cows have the 22nd and 28th picks.
3. Right now Roy has the 6th highest cap figure for a WR. That number is only going to go up after 2008 when he can sign a veteran contract. Get him now at a "discounted price" vs what you'll pay in 09. The sooner you can sign him...the cheaper he'll be.

I think it would be pretty easy for JJ to justify paying $1 to $1.5 mil extra for the certainty you have in a proven commodity (Williams) vs what you would pay for a 1st Round WR that is not proven. Also, it gets him in Dallas while you still have TO under contract and he's at the edge of his prime production. Wait another year...and you could lose TO to free agency or he could start to break down ala Marvin Harrison. The NFL is a win NOW league because of free agency. If you can get the right players in place NOW then don't wait a year and hope to do it later.

Adidas410s
02-13-2008, 10:04 AM
also...I haven't seen any reports out that the Cows are interested in Chad Johnson. The only team showing legitimate interest right now is the Washington Redskins. If there is a premium WR that the Cows want...it's Roy Williams and NOT CJ.

crzyjournalist03
02-13-2008, 10:10 AM
In the Bengals defensive scheme Williams would be a great outside LB and Crayton is a quality young WR who would compliment TJ Housh.

Maybe three years ago...Williams is too slow to be a OLB now...he's not even good against the run anymore.