PDA

View Full Version : Distrtict 18-3A basketball scores

Dogman_1969
02-12-2008, 11:52 PM
No scores posted tonight so far so I'll start.

Rockdale closes out the year with a win over Hutto in Hutto 70-62. Good luck to the Hippos even though some of the kids from Hutto were trying to turn over our bus after the game......

HippoBaseball05
02-13-2008, 01:15 AM
I'll take that as sarcasm.

:rolleyes:

Unfortunately I missed this one since we had a baseball scrimmage in Llano. From what I heard, Hutto came to play basketball while Rockdale let it all hang out and with their 'no tomorrow' attitude chose to play rugby. We were lucky to escape with no serious injuries or suspensions for the playoffs stemming from retaliations to your guys thuggery.

Congrats and good luck in the play......

....oops.

Panther One
02-13-2008, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by HippoBaseball05
I'll take that as sarcasm.

Unfortunately I missed this one since we had a baseball scrimmage in Llano. From what I heard, Hutto came to play basketball while Rockdale let it all hang out and with their 'no tomorrow' attitude chose to play rugby. We were lucky to escape with no serious injuries or suspensions for the playoffs stemming from retaliations to your guys thuggery.

Congrats and good luck in the play......

....oops.
So you're saying Hutto has a bunch of panzies on the floor that crumble in a physical matchup? Or are you implying that Rockdale was cheating? Were there no refs at this game to call fouls? This game was in Hutto, right? And you weren't there to see any of it, correct? Am I asking too many questions?

HippoBaseball05
02-13-2008, 02:54 AM
I guess I don't know what you're implying.

Did you attend the game or talk to someone who was there?

Am I asking too many questions?

You didn't ask how Rockdale was able to accomplish what L.H. was unable to get done.

From what I was told by those who attended, Rockdale was able to manhandle our guards and the 'physicalness of the game got away from the refs. We do not have a big team but rely on speed and defensive intensity. When one team is allowed to impose their will on another team whether or not it is within the framework of the normal rules of basketball, it makes a huge difference.

We average over 80+ pts. a game and only scored 62 in a home game vs. the worst team in the district? That seems logical.

c-town_balla
02-13-2008, 09:16 AM
maybe Hutto played bad dog...

Daddy D 11
02-13-2008, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
maybe Hutto played bad dog...

nooooo:rolleyes: that would be dumb to think that.

Johnny Utah
02-13-2008, 09:54 AM
Rockdale is coached by a very classy, cagey vet. I am sure Hutto played poorly, or maybe and I would tend to think this way.... Rockdale PLAYED VERY WELL. Look out for the Tigers next year and good luck to the Hippos in the playoffs and in 4A baby!!! You will get a glimpse of that when you play Hendrickson in the warmup game. 4a here you come!!!

Dogman_1969
02-13-2008, 09:59 AM
I guess I don't know what you're implying.

Did you attend the game or talk to someone who was there?

You didn't ask how Rockdale was able to accomplish what L.H. was unable to get done.

From what I was told by those who attended, Rockdale was able to manhandle our guards and the 'physicalness of the game got away from the refs. We do not have a big team but rely on speed and defensive intensity. When one team is allowed to impose their will on another team whether or not it is within the framework of the normal rules of basketball, it makes a huge difference.

We average over 80+ pts. a game and only scored 62 in a home game vs. the worst team in the district? That seems logical.

Since you were not at the game let me tell you the opinion from Rockdale's side. The ref's were not the best I've seen but did seem to give the edge to the Hippo's. After a intentional foul call on Rockdale under the basket the Hutto player missed the first foul shot. Before the second shot the ref walked up to the shooter and talked to the kid for about 10 or so seconds as a parent would to his son to calm him down in a tight game. On Rockdale's next possession down the court two Hutto kids tackled the Tiger drippler at half court in a fast break opportunity with a few seconds remaining in the half and the ref nearest the play didn't even blow the whistle while the ref under the Hippo basket made the foul call at which time the ref that had not blew his whistle called it a intentional foul.

I thought Hutto didn't give the Tigers any respect and it cost them. In pregame warm up half the Hutto team was shooting from half court and did not look like they had a game that week muchless that night. Hutto just got beat because they didn't play their game and didn't take the game seriously, expecting the Tigers to rollover. The Tigers only had 8 varsity players last night with 4 of them being sophomores, 2 juniors and 2 seniors and these kids played to win and believed in each other and in their selves.

I thought Hutto shot way too many 3's from about 15 feet behind the arc (missing all but 1), fought amongst themselves multiple times during the game and lost control of themselves to include the Hippo coach sending one of the guards to the locker room after the game was over and the kid taking off his jersey and throwing it in the bleechers.

Now as I said before, good luck to the Hippo's in the playoffs. I think that district 18-3A had some great moments this basketball season with some phenominal athletes making some great plays and we should all be greatful for being a part of that.

Johnny Utah
02-13-2008, 10:09 AM
Dogman!!! YOUR THE MAN!!! Go Tigers!!!

HippoBaseball05
02-13-2008, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Rockdale is coached by a very classy, cagey vet. I am sure Hutto played poorly, or maybe and I would tend to think this way.... Rockdale PLAYED VERY WELL. Look out for the Tigers next year and good luck to the Hippos in the playoffs and in 4A baby!!! You will get a glimpse of that when you play Hendrickson in the warmup game. 4a here you come!!!

We've scrimmaged Hendrickson the past few years in football and baseball with great success. I think we'll manage in 4A.

Thanks!

Johnny Utah
02-13-2008, 03:33 PM
With your growing numbers you should be able to compete, good luck to you in 4a and then in 5a.

Panther One
02-13-2008, 04:00 PM
I didn't have to. You made it clear that the only reason Rockdale won was because of their thuggish, physical play.

87 TIGER
02-13-2008, 04:49 PM
Looks like the "Dream Team" had a nightmare.
jk good luck the rest of the way. & for 4a ever heard of Lake Travis, better be ready.

HippoBaseball05
02-13-2008, 06:23 PM
Lake Travis will just be our new Liberty Hill in 4A form.

Being in a seven team district will help out tremendously in regards to making the playoffs. Especially when the top four teams qualify for the post season.

The only drawback about the 'Dream Team' is that they all play baseball. We were in Llano last night or rest assured they would have been there in full force again.