PDA

View Full Version : Trips to Destin

Adidas410s
02-12-2008, 01:22 PM
Has anybody booked a trip to Destin before?? Trying to decide what rental company to use for our family trip but don't have any prior experience. Also, what areas are the "best" to be at??? One site breaks down Destin into:
Holiday Isle
Scenic Gulf Drive (formerly Scenic Hwy 98)
Other Destin Rentals
Mid-Destin
Sandestin

44INAROW
02-12-2008, 02:08 PM
in 2000, we drove to Florida to see friends in the Lakeland area - we planned a 3 day "layover" at Navarre Beach (which is on Destin Island) and stayed at the Holiday Inn there - it was OK - nothing fancy but certainly served our needs. Right on the water - I think it's suffered alot of damage due to storms in the past few years. I don't have any info for you Ad, just thought I'd mention it is a beautiful place to go - Have fun ;)

Adidas410s
02-12-2008, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
in 2000, we drove to Florida to see friends in the Lakeland area - we planned a 3 day "layover" at Navarre Beach (which is on Destin Island) and stayed at the Holiday Inn there - it was OK - nothing fancy but certainly served our needs. Right on the water - I think it's suffered alot of damage due to storms in the past few years. I don't have any info for you Ad, just thought I'd mention it is a beautiful place to go - Have fun ;)
Thanks Phil...err I mean Lorey! ;);)

44INAROW
02-12-2008, 02:18 PM
I respect Destin Florida :D

c-town_balla
02-12-2008, 03:15 PM
If you want a house I sugest the Senic Gulf Drive or Crystal Beath area. If you want a condo then SanDestin if you golf or Mid-Destin.

Ive gone every year for 13 years and we have done both Condos and houses.

Adidas410s
02-12-2008, 03:20 PM
Ok thanks. There will be 8 or 9 of us I think so a house is probably our best bet.

c-town_balla
02-12-2008, 03:23 PM
look on Ocean Reef Reasorts (http://www.oceanreefresorts.com/rentals/beachhomes.php?list=list6)
and
Carter Beach Properties (http://www.carterbeachproperties.com/)

Adidas410s
02-12-2008, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
look on Ocean Reef Reasorts (http://www.oceanreefresorts.com/rentals/beachhomes.php?list=list6)
and
Carter Beach Properties (http://www.carterbeachproperties.com/)
Ocean Reef is a site we've been trying out. They haven't answered their phones when we've called and I can't do online chat at work. I'll check out Carter Beach!

Heffelfinger
02-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Three years ago we enjoyed our stay a few miles east of Destin on Santa Rosa Beach. We stayed at the Robertson House leased by Dune-Allen Properties (beautifulbeaches.com). I recommend it for families. It is quieter, cleaner but close enough to town if you want to go in. A nice public golf course across the street, good restaurants nearby. Incredible beach. This was of course the summer before Katrina.

AP Panther Fan
02-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I respect Destin Florida :D

Adidas, I highly recommend that wherever you stay, please visit the lounge of a local hotel. Try to schedule your visit when Pelican Key West is playing on either a Tuesday or Thursday. A good time to be had by all.;)

Adidas410s
02-12-2008, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Adidas, I highly recommend that wherever you stay, please visit the lounge of a local hotel. Try to schedule your visit when Pelican Key West is playing on either a Tuesday or Thursday. A good time to be had by all.;)
I wonder if they do wedding receptions? :thinking:

AP Panther Fan
02-12-2008, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I wonder if they do wedding receptions? :thinking:

Are you getting married during this trip?

Adidas410s
02-12-2008, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Are you getting married during this trip?
nope...just about to start looking for a DJ

SWMustang
02-12-2008, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
nope...just about to start looking for a DJ

are you insane? have you learned nothing from nobogey's stories?

Cameron Crazy
02-12-2008, 07:39 PM
We have been going to Destin, Florida for a good 6 years now. We have a condo at www.destinpointe.com. That place is one of the best to stay, prcies are kind of high, but with 8 or 9 of you you should be able to manage.

Hope that helped a little. :D.

Remember, those beaches are some of the prettiest ever.

Adidas410s
02-12-2008, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
are you insane? have you learned nothing from nobogey's stories? knowing Nobogey like I do...I try to ignore his stories! ;)

charlesrixey
02-13-2008, 08:26 AM
see The Big Kahuna!

;)