PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell or Cameron or Rockdale

Milk That Cow
02-12-2008, 09:20 AM
Who Has The Easiest Pre-District Schedule ???

CALDWELL SCHEDULE
Bellville
Waco Connally
Splendora
Sheppard

CAMERON SCHEDULE
Waco Connally
Lexington
Lorena
Gatesville

ROCKDALE SCHEDULE
Lampassas
Llano
Marlin
Austin Johnston

c-town_balla
02-12-2008, 09:21 AM
Rockdale

jason
they all look pretty weak...

Old Tiger
Tie between Rockdale/Cameron in my humble opinion.

c-town_balla
02-12-2008, 09:34 AM
Here is my thing.

Austin Johnson strugles to field a team.
Lampassas lost to BOTH Taylor and Gatesville last year.
Marlin ok
Llano ok

Johnny Utah
02-12-2008, 09:55 AM
Milk, does it really matter???? Win a state title man then come on here and talk noise about every one else!!! Your posts wear me out at times. I hope I did not offend you. Go Tigers!!!

c-town_balla
02-12-2008, 09:57 AM
But, come on does it really matter? All of our schedules are pretty difficult with district. Couple of D1 RBs in there

Bull19
02-12-2008, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
But, come on does it really matter? All of our schedules are pretty difficult with district. Couple of D1 RBs in there

what do all those numbers mean c-town??

c-town_balla
02-12-2008, 10:01 AM
playoff appearances

Bull19
02-12-2008, 10:01 AM
in???

c-town_balla
02-12-2008, 10:02 AM
football
for Cameron

Johnny Utah
02-12-2008, 10:12 AM
The Yoe is always tough. Congrats on getting in the playoffs in hoops as well.

Dogman_1969
02-12-2008, 11:14 AM
People sometime look at schedules and term them weak when they actually turn out tougher than you thought.

Example: Tigers 2007 schedule.

Gonzales at home - Gonzales went 2-3 deep
Caldwell on road --- Caldwell went 2-3 deep
Madisonville --------- Madisonville playoff team
Mexia------------------ Mexia got rolling and wen t a game or 2
China Spring--------- Played Celina close in DII finals
Robinson--------------Playoff team who got LHill

You never know how a schedule will work out. Also you'd really be surprised which teams elected not to play the Tigers over the next 2 yrs. There were several that people consider state powers and some that simply did not want to give the Tigers another shot.

Your pre-district schedule is only as good as who will step up to the plate. Timing also has something to do with it due to coaches scrambling to fill out a schedule since the UIL seems to always make decisions like they did again this year.....

CenTexSports
02-12-2008, 11:31 AM
Not only that but in some cases the pre-district is made out not knowing anything about your classification or district.

Example: Cameron's schedule was made out at least a month before reclassification and Cameron could have easily gone north into the district that they are playing in predistrict plus they were only 8 students from being 2A and then the current schedule is a pretty tough predistrict for a 2A team.

Milk That Cow
02-12-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Milk, does it really matter???? Win a state title man then come on here and talk noise about every one else!!! Your posts wear me out at times. I hope I did not offend you. Go Tigers!!!

I've Got Love For The Tigers...

That's Why I Want Them To Do Better Than They Are...

I've got vivid memories of the Glory Days of the 70's and 80's and want that Tiger Pride to come back...

If it's wrong to expect more from Rockdale(and Cameron)

Then I don't want to be right...

that is all...

Panther One
02-12-2008, 04:23 PM
Based on the 2005 season, Rockdale's schedule definately didn't appear to be that tough, but over the past two years, it got much tougher...probably much tougher than they expected. I'm guessing they tried to schedule games they had a chance in to try to build the program and wound up playing some really good teams. Next year's schedule again looks to be pretty easy so that they can get some wins under their belt. Whether it stays that way, we'll just have to see.

2005: 31-32
Gonzales: 6-4
Caldwell: 4-6
Madisonville: 4-6
Mexia: 3-7
China Spring: 6-5
Robinson: 8-4

2006: 39-30
Gonzales: 3-8
Caldwell: 5-5
Madisonville: 7-4
Mexia: 4-7
China Spring: 8-3
Robinson: 12-3

2007: 51-22
Gonzales: 10-3
Caldwell: 9-2
Madisonville: 9-2
Mexia: 3-8
China Spring: 14-2
Robinson: 6-5

Also, there's nothing wrong with a team like Rockdale scheduling easy teams. In Coach Vance's first few years at Liberty Hill, we played a bad non-district slate, but winning games fueled the program. After winning six games in the three previous years combined, 5-5 in Vance's first year was something special. We built on that and went 10-2 the next year. Regardless of your opponents, ten wins does a lot for a program. The kids bought in and the wins kept coming. As the team got better, so did the non-district schedule because with the program established it switched from getting wins to preparing the team for the playoffs. When we faced Jasper in the semis in 2004, we weren't ready for a team like that. It took the first half for our guys to get adjusted. In 2006, even though we lost a couple of close games, our schedule had us ready for anything the playoffs had to offer and went on to win state...and we haven't lost since.

Sometimes for teams to get over the hump and get their program to the next level, it requires wins, so there's nothing wrong with scheduling games you can win. Wins lead to participation. They lead to kids working harder. Losses have the opposite effect, even if the losses are to really good teams. When the season is over, 7-3 against pasties looks a lot better than 3-7 aagainst powerhouses. And remember, it's not just the varsity you have to be concerned about. Scheduling teams you can compete with in middle school and on the sub-varsity level is also critical to building a program.

Johnny Utah
02-12-2008, 04:32 PM
Very well put Panther, totally agree about the progression of a team and its schedule to get back to the playoffs. Good point.

Dogman_1969
02-12-2008, 04:45 PM
I agree with Panther One. In some ways success builds interest and participation. There are several things that enter into a school building a good football program, school growth (example: Hutto, Liberty Hill, Lake Travis, etc.), coaching & school district support.

By school growth I am including transfers as well as kids moving in at the junior high level and funneling in through high schools. Examples of these are a few yrs back Rockdale had a RB move in from Colorado that led the district in rushing and led a team to the playoffs only to loose a close one to Bellville in round 1. I attribute a lot of Liberty Hill's success over the last 2 yrs to the move in of a great DE that was moved from RB upon his arrival at the Hill. These type of things you can not predict, they just happen and you like this type of thing if you are a fan.

As far as Rockdale goes, from week 6 of last football season they were one of the top teams in the state. The only losses were to Liberty Hill on the road (game that they led at the half and were inside the 3 yd line before a fumble) and a last second field goal loss in round 1 against China Spring (game that was played in Waco and most of the calls went the way of the baby blue). The Tigers return 9 on defense that started at some point during the year and return 10 on offense that started at some point during the year. Now they did loose some guys that stepped up huge last year and with their graduation will create some holes but hopefully the Tigers will be able to continue with what was started that night in Liberty Hill.......

Cameron is always a solid team and I would not expect anything less from them next year. They will always do more than everyone thinks they can and that is a testiment to the coaching staff and the players.

Caldwell will again be tough. They use the slot-T and will be a winner again this season.

I can't wait.......

rockdale80
02-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
I agree with Panther One. In some ways success builds interest and participation. There are several things that enter into a school building a good football program, school growth (example: Hutto, Liberty Hill, Lake Travis, etc.), coaching & school district support.

By school growth I am including transfers as well as kids moving in at the junior high level and funneling in through high schools. Examples of these are a few yrs back Rockdale had a RB move in from Colorado that led the district in rushing and led a team to the playoffs only to loose a close one to Bellville in round 1. I attribute a lot of Liberty Hill's success over the last 2 yrs to the move in of a great DE that was moved from RB upon his arrival at the Hill. These type of things you can not predict, they just happen and you like this type of thing if you are a fan.

As far as Rockdale goes, from week 6 of last football season they were one of the top teams in the state. The only losses were to Liberty Hill on the road (game that they led at the half and were inside the 3 yd line before a fumble) and a last second field goal loss in round 1 against China Spring (game that was played in Waco and most of the calls went the way of the baby blue). The Tigers return 9 on defense that started at some point during the year and return 10 on offense that started at some point during the year. Now they did loose some guys that stepped up huge last year and with their graduation will create some holes but hopefully the Tigers will be able to continue with what was started that night in Liberty Hill.......

Cameron is always a solid team and I would not expect anything less from them next year. They will always do more than everyone thinks they can and that is a testiment to the coaching staff and the players.

Caldwell will again be tough. They use the slot-T and will be a winner again this season.

I can't wait.......

How big is your boy getting? At the rate that kid grows, he must be like 6'6'' by now. :)

ProudHornetMom
02-12-2008, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Panther One

Sometimes for teams to get over the hump and get their program to the next level, it requires wins, so there's nothing wrong with scheduling games you can win. Wins lead to participation. They lead to kids working harder. Losses have the opposite effect, even if the losses are to really good teams. When the season is over, 7-3 against pasties looks a lot better than 3-7 aagainst powerhouses. And remember, it's not just the varsity you have to be concerned about. Scheduling teams you can compete with in middle school and on the sub-varsity level is also critical to building a program.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Originally posted by Dogman_1969

I can't wait.......

Thank you! ;)
I can't wait either to see what's in store for District 24.:(
Sorry, I can't get the two different quotes to post correctly.

LH Panther Mom
02-12-2008, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Milk, does it really matter???? Win a state title man then come on here and talk noise about every one else!!! Your posts wear me out at times.
Did his team win a state title? :confused:

Dogman_1969
02-12-2008, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
How big is your boy getting? At the rate that kid grows, he must be like 6'6'' by now. :)

Not yet anyways. He's about 6'3.5" and turned 16 yrs old on the 25th of January. If his driving doesn't improve I'm going to take about 4 inches off of him....

Hope all is well with you...