PDA

View Full Version : I hate my new iMac

Adidas410s
02-11-2008, 10:20 PM
I just got a new computer today...my first Apple computer...and I was copying all of my photos from my external HD. I chose copy (not move), confirmed copy (not move), and it copied (not moved) them. Well it didnt copy them how I wanted so I went back to do it a 2nd time (deleted the 9000 photos it had just copied) and keep the pictures in their folders...and now all the pictures are gone from my external HD...I had just short of 9000 photos!!! I have most of them backed up at work but none of what I took this fall/thanksgiving/christmas...and now most of my engagement photos are gone as well. I have the 20 or so I wanted to edit...but I've lost all the others.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Blastoderm55
02-11-2008, 10:21 PM
So what are you mating it with? :D

Adidas410s
02-11-2008, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
blow me

Blastoderm55
02-11-2008, 10:27 PM
Said the Mac. :D

Astrosdawg07
02-11-2008, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I just got a new computer today...my first Apple computer...and I was copying all of my photos from my external HD. I chose copy (not move), confirmed copy (not move), and it copied (not moved) them. Well it didnt copy them how I wanted so I went back to do it a 2nd time (deleted the 9000 photos it had just copied) and keep the pictures in their folders...and now all the pictures are gone from my external HD...I had just short of 9000 photos!!! I have most of them backed up at work but none of what I took this fall/thanksgiving/christmas...and now most of my engagement photos are gone as well. I have the 20 or so I wanted to edit...but I've lost all the others.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

There's no doubt mac does take a little getting use too, but once you do you will love and never want to touch a Windows program again, I promise that.

Ranger Mom
02-11-2008, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55

LOL!! I was confused myself at first.

I think I will change it for him....sounds like he's had it rough today!!

Adidas, I'm sorry...that really stinks!!

When my computer crashed I lost all the pics of my granddaughter, fortunately, I had uploaded all my favorite ones to Photobucket!!

Cameron Crazy
02-11-2008, 10:34 PM
A friend of mine just got a New mac.

He has been having some troubles, just not like the regular good old pc.

Adidas410s
02-11-2008, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
LOL!! I was confused myself at first.

I think I will change it for him....sounds like he's had it rough today!!

Adidas, I'm sorry...that really stinks!!

When my computer crashed I lost all the pics of my granddaughter, fortunately, I had uploaded all my favorite ones to Photobucket!!
not to mention that my notebook crashed about 2 months ago and I lost 90% of my photos from college.

Adidas410s
02-11-2008, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
There's no doubt mac does take a little getting use too, but once you do you will love and never want to touch a Windows program again, I promise that.
sad thing is that I know how to use Macs just not Aperture...so I was being really anal and making sure I didn't screw anything up!

Ranger Mom
02-11-2008, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
not to mention that my notebook crashed about 2 months ago and I lost 90% of my photos from college.

Since that happened to me, I have tried to burn everything to a disk AND upload them to photobucket....I know all about the analness!!:p

Adidas410s
02-11-2008, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Since that happened to me, I have tried to burn everything to a disk AND upload them to photobucket....I know all about the analness!!:p
yeah I keep 2 external HD's but for some reason had never backed up my old photos from before I got my dSLR camera. I had all my music, all my documents, and all my dSLR photos backed up...and now most of those photos are gone. I don't think I've backed them up onto my work computer though since September or October so I've lost a LOT of photos that I took at football games this fall! :(

thewyliefan
02-11-2008, 11:53 PM
you can send it to me if you dont want it:)