PDA

View Full Version : Best Chips and Salsa

Matthew328
02-11-2008, 09:17 PM
I am a chips and salsa nut....so tell me some good spots to get chips and salsa...

Some of my favs (in no order)

Mexican Inn-DFW (LOVE the chips)
TaMollys-Paris/Greenville
Mercado's-Tyler
Trujulio's-Waco

There is a mexican spot in Sweetwater that is good also...it's in a little house over by some softball fields...I think off Alabama St.

Adidas410s
02-11-2008, 09:21 PM
I love me some chips and salsa as well...but oddly enough I hate the chips (they're like Frito's) at Mexican Inn. My favorites are:

- Chili's (though the locations south of I-20 in DFW have a different salsa...nowhere near as good.
- Abuelo's in Abilene and Lubbock do a great job. The - two I've been to in DFW aren't as good.
- Campuzano's in Midlothian, Duncanville, and one other place (I think)...probably the hottest restaurant sales I've ever had but still great flavor.
- Hula Hut in Austin...usually not a fan of the pico style, mild salsa but they added some extra pepper to up the spice level.
- Also a location in Baird, TX. I can't think of the name for the life of me but that was my "first love" for chips and salsa! ;)

lostaussie
02-11-2008, 09:22 PM
i like a salsa with no chunks...........everything blended well.................and a good bit of cilantro. to me cilantro makes the salsa. Tele's is my favorite.............several scattered around east texas.

Bull19
02-11-2008, 09:24 PM
" on the border " is pretty good. chips are awesome.

Matthew328
02-11-2008, 09:26 PM
Just dont get mexican food in New Orleans....yuck!!!!!!

I went a month ago and my date for the evening was like "try our mexican food I want to see if its good like in Texas" so went to a place called Chevy's in Harvey (across the river) and let me tell you...IT SUCKED! LOL

I'll stick with seafood in the Big Easy

Matthew328
02-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
" on the border " is pretty good. chips are awesome.

For a chain OTB is good

lostaussie
02-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328

I'll stick with seafood in the Big Easy duh:doh:

eagles_victory
02-11-2008, 09:32 PM
Pontes in Fairfield has some good chips and salsa. With all the talk about Sams Pontes is underrated.

Emerson1
02-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Madres Cocina in Forney.

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-11-2008, 10:47 PM

There is a mexican spot in Sweetwater that is good also...it's in a little house over by some softball fields...I think off Alabama St.

La Cocina Mexicana

STANG RED
02-11-2008, 11:27 PM
I really like Enrique's in Abilene, and they serve a white sauce along with the salsa that is good for a mix of flavors.

Dont know if its still there, but there was a place in Pecos that had the best salsa I have ever had. I liked it so well, I bought a gallon of it the last time I was there. Problem is they made it fresh every day without any preservatives, so it went bad before I could get the gallon ate up.:(

For store bought, you cant beat Julio's. Made in San Angelo, so its easy to find around here, but not so easy to find if you go very far.

JasperDog94
02-12-2008, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
to me cilantro makes the salsa Word.:cool:

pancho villa
02-12-2008, 09:05 AM
Lucy's in West Columbia Texas, Best there is!

firstdown
02-12-2008, 10:12 AM
Mi Casita in Denton is my fav. with three amingos in Grapevine a close second.

crzyjournalist03
02-12-2008, 10:16 AM
Tia Carrito's in Lake Dallas...homemade salsa every day, so the flavor isn't always exactly the same, but it's always terrific, and you have your choice between red and green salsa.

If you're ever in the Denton area, it's a must-try as their food is incredible as well.

Johnny 5
02-12-2008, 10:16 AM
Texadelphia in DFW . . .mmmmm

DDBooger
02-12-2008, 10:24 AM
I am a chips and salsa nut....so tell me some good spots to get chips and salsa...

Some of my favs (in no order)

Mexican Inn-DFW (LOVE the chips)
TaMollys-Paris/Greenville
Mercado's-Tyler
Trujulio's-Waco

There is a mexican spot in Sweetwater that is good also...it's in a little house over by some softball fields...I think off Alabama St. just to buy some from store, don't know if they get up to you, but the chips are called Julio's, they're seasoned. man, THE BEST! the salsa is good and spicy too!:D

Lion_Addict
02-12-2008, 10:50 AM
If you're coming through Brownwood, I would recommend stopping by Gomez Restaurant on West Commerce. Love them chips & Hot sauce!!

Bull19
02-12-2008, 11:01 AM
since we are on this topic.....do yall prefer yall's salsa to be served warm, cold, or room temperature?

i personally enjoy it warm.

crzyjournalist03
02-12-2008, 11:06 AM
since we are on this topic.....do yall prefer yall's salsa to be served warm, cold, or room temperature?

i personally enjoy it warm.

Cold...I prefer just about all forms of liquid to be cold.

TMer25
02-12-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
just to buy some from store, don't know if they get up to you, but the chips are called Julio's, they're seasoned. man, THE BEST! the salsa is good and spicy too!:D

I love Julio's chips

DDBooger
02-12-2008, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by TMer25
I love Julio's chips i see you are in san marcos too! i was worried when I got up here they wouldn't have any!

JasperDog94
02-12-2008, 11:35 AM
i personally enjoy it warm. same here

TMer25
02-12-2008, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
i see you are in san marcos too! i was worried when I got up here they wouldn't have any!

Got them a couple of years ago up here. Been hooked ever since.