PDA

View Full Version : Snyder's Scheme

bwdlionfan
02-11-2008, 04:30 PM
What type of offense does Snyder run?

Txbroadcaster
02-11-2008, 04:34 PM
Well this past year it was called the Clay Formation Offense..not sure what they will do in 2008

nobogey72
02-11-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan

OMG. I can't believe you asked that. Someone should have warned you. Christmas comes early to Sweetwater posters!!!:doh: :doh: :doh:

bwdlionfan
02-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Well I want a serious answer, but I figured this question would bring some funny posts from the Sweetwater folks.

firstdown
02-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Well this past year it was called the Clay Formation Offense..not sure what they will do in 2008

Unfortunately for us at Argyle is was quite effective.

Sweetwater Red
02-11-2008, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan

Their offensive scheme varies depending on what abilities the
RB they move in from out of town has.:devil:

DaHop72
02-11-2008, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
RB they move in from out of town has.:devil: :tongue: :tongue: Here we go again.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Now about your QB?:thinking: :devil:

Sweetwater Red
02-11-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:tongue: :tongue: Here we go again.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Now about your QB?:thinking: :devil:

Which one? Birdwell or Lawrence? Both born and raised here.:confused: :devil:

DaHop72
02-11-2008, 04:55 PM
Which one? Birdwell or Lawrence? Both born and raised here.:confused: :devil: :thinking: :thinking: What about Thomas????:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Old Tiger
02-11-2008, 04:58 PM
In 2008 Snyder will feature a entirely new offensive scheme from the one they presented in 2007 with RB Will Clay. The offense they ran last year consisted of three plays; Clay Left, Clay Right, and Clay Middle.

DaHop72
02-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
In 2008 Snyder will feature a entirely new offensive scheme from the one they presented in 2007 with RB Will Clay. Don't bet on it wonder boy.:devil: :devil:

coachkiss
02-11-2008, 05:08 PM
Against Celina, there was also the Clay go to the sideline when you get close to the goalline play, the Clay not run the ball very much in the second half play, and the Clay go talk to people in the stands during a timeout play.

I didn't see those listed, so I thought I would add them.

Old Tiger
02-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by coachkiss
Against Celina, there was also the Clay go to the sideline when you get close to the goalline play, the Clay not run the ball very much in the second half play, and the Clay go talk to people in the stands during a timeout play.

I didn't see those listed, so I thought I would add them. Snyder showed up to play Celina? :confused: :p

Sweetwater Red
02-11-2008, 05:12 PM
:thinking: :thinking: What about Thomas????:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Why do you always bring up the past? Lord knows I never do.:D

Adidas410s
02-11-2008, 05:20 PM
man I thought this was going to be a "how did they out-recruit Celina for Dee Walker" thread!

Matthew328
02-11-2008, 07:20 PM
Mostly I formation stuff last year..they ran some option game out of that...I thought they could have utilized their QB more in the option game than they did...of course having Clay they rode him to the semis..

DaHop72
02-12-2008, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
man I thought this was going to be a "how did they out-recruit Celina for Dee Walker" thread! Gee, it must have been the scenic West Texas forest.:D :D

Black_Magic
02-12-2008, 10:00 AM
Snyder has had 3 different tail backs in 4 years. In 4 years at that one position they have compiled over 8,200 yards rushing. Dee Walker is the ONLY move in Snyder has had that has made an impact. Will Clays Father Played For Snyder years ago so he is hardly any kind of move in.

Sweetwater Red
02-12-2008, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Will Clays Father Played For Snyder years ago so he is hardly any kind of move in.

Tell that to DaHop where our QB is concerned. It's either one
way or the other.

DaHop72
02-12-2008, 10:17 AM
way or the other. :confused: :confused: Will is a local boy. Dee did move to Snyder with his father and two brothers. Soooooooooooo if Dee was recruited according to some, couldn't the same be said for Thomas?:thinking: :thinking:

Ranger Mom
02-12-2008, 10:20 AM
:confused: :confused: Will is a local boy. Dee did move to Snyder with his father and two brothers. Soooooooooooo if Dee was recruited according to some, couldn't the same be said for Thomas?:thinking: :thinking:

Is he the one who played for Bandera once upon a time??

DaHop72
02-12-2008, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Is he the one who played for Bandera once upon a time?? I think that is right, but Red will know for sure.:D

Sweetwater Red
02-12-2008, 10:36 AM
:confused: :confused: Will is a local boy. Dee did move to Snyder with his father and two brothers. Soooooooooooo if Dee was recruited according to some, couldn't the same be said for Thomas?:thinking: :thinking:

Both Holsey's parents were born and raised here. 95% of his
family is from here. Walker's family moved in from New Mexico. I
don't see any similarities.

I don't think I've ever said Snyder recruits...Gilmer yes:devil: ...
but not Snyder. I do think they have been the beneficiary of
some talented move ins though.:thinking:

Black_Magic
02-12-2008, 10:37 AM
way or the other. Well now Did you QB start playing in Sweetwater in Jr high???? will did. As I understand it The one Da hop72 is talking about is one who moved in during his Soph year... The Clay Family has been here in Snyder as long as I remember. they have had Many kids come through the system in the last 12 years.

Black_Magic
02-12-2008, 10:42 AM
:confused: :confused: Will is a local boy. Dee did move to Snyder with his father and two brothers. Soooooooooooo if Dee was recruited according to some, couldn't the same be said for Thomas?:thinking: :thinking: Dee Walker Was not recuited in any way shape of form. Dee's Dad moved to Snyder(where his parents or Dee's grandparents lived) to be closer to family after a split between the parents. As I understand it they took a substantial pay cut in doing it. He just landed in Snyder because of Family. it happens all over the state all the time in nearly every town every year. To people who know what happend, the Idea that Snyder somehow Recuited Dee is silly.:rolleyes:

DaHop72
02-12-2008, 10:45 AM
Dee Walker Was not recuited in any way shape of form. Dee's Dad moved to Snyder(where his parents or Dee's grandparents lived) to be closer to family after a split between the parents. As I understand it they took a substantial pay cut in doing it. He just landed in Snyder because of Family. it happens all over the state all the time in nearly every town every year. To people who know what happend, the Idea that Snyder somehow Recuited Dee is silly.:rolleyes: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

DaHop72
02-12-2008, 10:49 AM

some talented move ins though.:thinking: So to be the devil's advocate, did Thomas and his family not move and then come back when he got in high school thus becoming a move-in??:devil: :devil:

Black_Magic
02-12-2008, 10:56 AM

I do think they have been the beneficiary of
some talented move ins though.:thinking: A single move in. ONE... I will grant you that. You think a town is entitled to at least ONE move in that makes a difference in 20 years? sure they are. when you deal cards out sometimes you get an ACE. sometimes you get a Duce. its just luck of the draw.

Texasfootball2
02-12-2008, 11:10 AM
A single move in. ONE... I will grant you that. You think a town is entitled to at least ONE move in that makes a difference in 20 years? sure they are. when you deal cards out sometimes you get an ACE. sometimes you get a Duce. its just luck of the draw.

If everyone is entitled to one in 20 yrs, where's ours:thinking: where stilling waiting:D

Maybe we need to fire our recruiting coordinator:foul:

Mustangpride09
02-12-2008, 01:26 PM
Well now Did you QB start playing in Sweetwater in Jr high???? will did. As I understand it The one Da hop72 is talking about is one who moved in during his Soph year... The Clay Family has been here in Snyder as long as I remember. they have had Many kids come through the system in the last 12 years.

He only moved away for 2 years. His 8th and 9th grade years. His 7th, 10, 11, and 12 he was here. And he lived here almost his entire life.

Texasfootball2
02-12-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
He only moved away for 2 years. His 8th and 9th grade years. His 7th, 10, 11, and 12 he was here. And he lived here almost his entire life.

This must have been the one that transfered (or was recruited by Merkel) to Merkel when they dropped to 2A thinking it was going to be a cake walk and then high tailed it back to Sweetwater.:D

Mustangpride09
02-12-2008, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
This must have been the one that transfered (or was recruited by Merkel) to Merkel when they dropped to 2A thinking it was going to be a cake walk and then high tailed it back to Sweetwater.:D

Ummm.....he was playing here his sophmore year when merkel was still 3a.

Texasfootball2
02-12-2008, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
Ummm.....he was playing here his sophmore year when merkel was still 3a.

Some people are just to serious about there facts. Just poking a little fun or pun either way. MY BAD:foul: for not knowing the excact day he moved and moved back while having a little fun. Shame on me:crazy1:

coachc45
02-12-2008, 01:48 PM

Does Go Lobos mean anything to you?

Sweetwater Red
02-12-2008, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Some people are just to serious about there facts. Just poking a little fun or pun either way. MY BAD:foul: for not knowing the excact day he moved and moved back while having a little fun. Shame on me:crazy1:

Sweetwater High School doesn't allow juniors to have a sense
of humor. They have to wait until they're seniors.:(

waterboy
02-12-2008, 02:54 PM

some talented move ins though.:thinking:
How did Gilmer get into this conversation? Can't help it if kids want to move to a school where the college scouts recruit regularly.:D There have only been 3 players in recent memory that have been move-ins, and the UIL reviewed the circumstances and okayed it. All 3 moved in on their own accord and NO recruiting took place. It's just so happened 2 of those players had already made a name for themselves at their previous schools. If they hadn't have been big name players this conversation would even be on here.

Black_Magic
02-12-2008, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
All 3 moved in on their own accord and NO recruiting took place. It's just so happened 2 of those players had already made a name for themselves at their previous schools. If they hadn't have been big name players this conversation would even be on here. Exactly. 2 two BIG name players who were big names before moving. Im not pointing a finger but if there is a finger to be pointed it stands to reason for those facts the finger usualy gets pointed at Gilmer.

Sweetwater Red
02-12-2008, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
How did Gilmer get into this conversation? Can't help it if kids want to move to a school where the college scouts recruit regularly.:D There have only been 3 players in recent memory that have been move-ins, and the UIL reviewed the circumstances and okayed it. All 3 moved in on their own accord and NO recruiting took place. It's just so happened 2 of those players had already made a name for themselves at their previous schools. If they hadn't have been big name players this conversation would even be on here.

I thought that jab might go unnoticed.:thinking:

Gilmer recruiting was a heated topic on here a few years ago. I
don't remember if it was after the Canton incident :( or when
Gilmer had a team with 43 division I recruits on it when they
played Snyder in the Semi's.:D

waterboy
02-12-2008, 03:03 PM
Exactly. 2 two BIG name players who were big names before moving. Im not pointing a finger but if there is a finger to be pointed it stands to reason for those facts the finger usualy gets pointed at Gilmer.
True. I guess success has it's drawbacks. They'd been just as successful without them. It's just a good program that get's it's share of fingerpointing.

waterboy
02-12-2008, 03:24 PM
I thought that jab might go unnoticed.:thinking:

Gilmer recruiting was a heated topic on here a few years ago. I
don't remember if it was after the Canton incident :( or when
Gilmer had a team with 43 division I recruits on it when they
played Snyder in the Semi's.:D
Yeah. That '04 team was good. That was before all the big name move-ins, though. There was only one player on that team that didn't play for Gilmer in junior high. Gilmer has been blessed with quite a lot of talent.

SNYDER325TIGERS
02-12-2008, 05:14 PM
RB they move in from out of town has.:devil:

Yea man haven't you heard?

Were movin in Garrett Gilbert from Lake Travis.

:D :D :D :D :D

SNYDER325TIGERS
02-12-2008, 05:17 PM

:rolleyes:

He went to the stands one time when the game had about 30 seconds left