PDA

View Full Version : so did celina ever get a 5th non-district game or what?

charlesrixey
02-11-2008, 02:07 PM
:confused:

bwdlionfan
02-11-2008, 02:08 PM
I don't know, but maybe they should try a Div-1AA team since they think everyone from 3A to 5A is afraid to play them.

pirate4state
02-11-2008, 02:09 PM
haha

"or what" - George Lopez ;)

Lion_Addict
02-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
I don't know, but maybe they should try a Div-1AA team since they think everyone from 3A to 5A is afraid to play them.

Preach it brother :clap:

Matthew328
02-11-2008, 02:35 PM
I had heard they are playing FW Eastern Hills instead of FW Poly and that they picked up Whitehouse..but thats just rumor

charlesrixey
02-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I had heard they are playing FW Eastern Hills instead of FW Poly and that they picked up Whitehouse..but thats just rumor

that's more than what we got

whitehouse would be an interesting game

Black_Magic
02-11-2008, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
I don't know, but maybe they should try a Div-1AA team since they think everyone from 3A to 5A is afraid to play them. Snyder was willing to play them and contacted them about playing a game but it didnt work out. Not everyone is afraid to play them. but I imagine many are. Its not easy getting games when you go 3-4 rounds every year. other programs treat you like dracula or like you have the plaugue when you aproach them about playing.. It wont get any easyer until they become less succesful.

charlesrixey
02-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Snyder was willing to play them and contacted them about playing a game but it didnt work out. Not everyone is afraid to play them. but I imagine many are. Its not easy getting games when you go 3-4 rounds every year. other programs treat you like dracula or like you have the plaugue when you aproach them about playing.. It wont get any easyer until they become less succesful.

It's not easy when your record since 1994 is 57-5

IN THE PLAYOFFS

or if you think that is going too far back, it's 34-4 since 2000 (including 4 years in 3A)

add that to a team that loses an average of one regular season game every five years and most teams don't come knocking without necessity.

that's not conceit, that's reality

injuredinmelee
02-11-2008, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Snyder was willing to play them and contacted them about playing a game but it didnt work out. Not everyone is afraid to play them. but I imagine many are. Its not easy getting games when you go 3-4 rounds every year. other programs treat you like dracula or like you have the plaugue when you aproach them about playing.. It wont get any easyer until they become less succesful.

why didnt yall play Sweetwater or Wylie the last two years?

thewyliefan
02-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
why didnt yall play Sweetwater or Wylie the last two years?

you do bring up a gooooood point....

BILLYFRED0000
02-11-2008, 07:59 PM
Cause we were already in a two year deal with 3 schools and we had an 8 team district. We only had 3 pre district games.

celinaorange
02-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Celina has also been talking with Lytle (3A south of San Antonio) about 0 week and maybe play at Temple. All very tentative.

celinaorange
02-11-2008, 09:41 PM
and btw, game with Ft. Worth Eastern Hills did not work out..Celina still needs 1 or maybe 2 pre-season games, depending on a game with either Whitehouse or Lytle for 0 week.

Emerson1
02-11-2008, 10:02 PM
Who does whitehouse have coming back? I would love to see how Celina does against them.

Matthew328
02-11-2008, 10:05 PM
they return their QB who is a stud....I think they graduated heavy at the skill spots though

Black_Magic
02-12-2008, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
why didnt yall play Sweetwater or Wylie the last two years? where have you been. That one has been talked about on here several times in the last TWO years. It is because of Several reasons. One of them being that they didnt schedule each other prior to the realignment because they had already been on the schedule and figured they would be in the same district again. when that didnt happen they had to fill the other games not locked in prior to realignment. Games Not locked in didnt match up with each other. the only ways they could play each other was if Snyder or Sweetwater or Wylie just backs out of an agreement they already made with some other school to play. Do you have that short of memory or have you been under a rock when it comes to this subject.?? Besides all that. I believe we are talking about the most recent alignment. not 2 years ago.

charlesrixey
02-14-2008, 03:53 PM
:confused: