PDA

View Full Version : Celina/Daingerfield?

Gsquared
02-11-2008, 01:06 PM
Not sure if its true or not but heard Celina and Daingerfield will play next two years in Royse City, pre district. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Txbroadcaster
02-11-2008, 01:09 PM
I cannot confirm, or deny this at this present time

Gsquared
02-11-2008, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I cannot confirm, or deny this at this present time
You should just make something up and tell me, that way my mind is at ease :p

Txbroadcaster
02-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
You should just make something up and tell me, that way my mind is at ease :p

ok then

yes they are playing..but here is the kicker

It will NOT be the 2008 teams playing, but will be the all time great teams playing agianst each other

injuredinmelee
02-11-2008, 01:24 PM
you could probably make a Celina all star team out of all the title teams and not field a good enough team to beat the 83 Tigers.

NastySlot
02-11-2008, 01:25 PM
ok then

It will NOT be the 2008 teams playing, but will be the all time great teams playing agianst each other

then i will go with 83 daingerfield.

Gsquared
02-11-2008, 01:30 PM
ok then

I heard that from Randal Hugg, you are correct sir!

celinaorange
02-11-2008, 09:47 PM
yes, Celina and Dangerfield are playing next year at Royse City. Don't know about the next year(09) or where that game would be. And don't know the date for next year for sure.

Matthew328
02-11-2008, 09:56 PM
Maybe I'll get lucky and it's a Saturday game.....or maybe its during RC's off week and then it'll be Friday both times...

Gsquared
02-12-2008, 08:31 AM
Celina is going to wipe Dfield out im afraid. Daingerfield is going to be down this year, Hurndon is a SR

Matthew328
02-12-2008, 08:59 AM
I agree. Daingerfield isn't what they used to be

TexanFan4Life
02-12-2008, 09:13 AM
Speaking of Daingerfield, I thought some of you might be interested to know that RB Johnie Hurndon will play at Blinn College next season.

Gsquared
02-12-2008, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
Speaking of Daingerfield, I thought some of you might be interested to know that RB Johnie Hurndon will play at Blinn College next season.
Hurndon is a stud, just have to keep him from flying off the handle. His attitude will cost him eventually. Hopefully they can straighten him out down there.

waterboy
02-12-2008, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Celina is going to wipe Dfield out im afraid. Daingerfield is going to be down this year, Hurndon is a SR
What did Celina lose? I know they usually just reload, but how many returning starters on offense and defense? They had to have lost alot of players I would think. Losing Hurndon will definitely have an impact on Daingerfield this year, at least early, but I still think the Tigers will be competitive.

BILLYFRED0000
02-12-2008, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
What did Celina lose? I know they usually just reload, but how many returning starters on offense and defense? They had to have lost alot of players I would think. Losing Hurndon will definitely have an impact on Daingerfield this year, at least early, but I still think the Tigers will be competitive.

Well we do lose a few seniors but the simple truth is that we will reload again. We will have all our skill positions back save the qb but we have two guys that can work the system well behind Seth. It remains to be seen whether they throw as accurately but running the offense is no problem. On d we lose a little as well but retain our Linebacker core and in our defense that is the hardest part to play. I see us close to what we are or were this year.

lion75
02-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
you could probably make a Celina all star team out of all the title teams and not field a good enough team to beat the 83 Tigers. Celina would not score on them. Best defense in 3a history with 10 senior defenders gaining division 1 scholarships and 295 lb. junior nose tackle Willie Everett. They played the entire 16 game season without giving up a point. The only 6 points given up during the season by their team was an interception returned for a TD given up by the offense. That amazing defense hustled onto the field and BLOCKED the extra point.

lostaussie
02-12-2008, 08:33 PM
hasn't Celina figured out that that can't beat anyone east of the Sabine..............................oh wait..........i forgot about Pewitt:D

Gsquared
02-13-2008, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
hasn't Celina figured out that that can't beat anyone east of the Sabine..............................oh wait..........i forgot about Pewitt:D
:eek:

charlesrixey
02-13-2008, 08:21 AM

Big Sandy 1974 (State Title)
Elysian Fields 1998, 1999 (State Titles)
Cooper 2000
Omaha Pewitt 2005 (State Title)
Pittsburg 2007

there are many other east texas wins, but they are just west of the sabine

Alto 1995 (State Title)
Garrison 2001 (State Title)
Grand Saline 1998-1999
Canton 2006
Brownsboro 2006

etc.

lostaussie
02-13-2008, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
Big Sandy 1974 (State Title)
Elysian Fields 1998, 1999 (State Titles)
Cooper 2000
Omaha Pewitt 2005 (State Title)
Pittsburg 2007

there are many other east texas wins, but they are just west of the sabine

Alto 1995 (State Title)
Garrison 2001 (State Title)
Grand Saline 1998-1999
Canton 2006
Brownsboro 2006

etc. Oh I know, I forgot about Pitt this year. and I hope you know I'm just picking. To be honest with you, I think D'field made a bad choice of opponents for the coming year.

charlesrixey
02-13-2008, 08:31 AM
Oh I know, I forgot about Pitt this year. and I hope you know I'm just picking. To be honest with you, I think D'field made a bad choice of opponents for the coming year.

oh, i know--and i hope someday we can reverse that score!

:p

waterboy
02-13-2008, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by lion75
Celina would not score on them. Best defense in 3a history with 10 senior defenders gaining division 1 scholarships and 295 lb. junior nose tackle Willie Everett. They played the entire 16 game season without giving up a point. The only 6 points given up during the season by their team was an interception returned for a TD given up by the offense. That amazing defense hustled onto the field and BLOCKED the extra point.
I'll have to agree with you there. To this day I've never seen a defense anywhere near as good as that '83 Tiger defense. I don't think any team will ever match what they did. I don't think defense is stressed today nearly as much as it was back then, but by the same token, most teams in that day rarely passed the ball, either.

MARLINDOGS
02-13-2008, 09:07 AM
I'll have to agree with you there. To this day I've never seen a defense anywhere near as good as that '83 Tiger defense. I don't think any team will ever match what they did. I don't think defense is stressed today nearly as much as it was back then, but by the same token, most teams in that day rarely passed the ball, either. Yeah you are right about passing. But they could not pass on us either. Our secondary won state in track. And 2 out of 4 end up going pro. But any how Daingerfield lost alot this pass year. The QB, Hurndon and alot of lineman. Of course Hurndon"s brother will be back this year. But looks like Daingerfield will have alotttttttt of work to do.

MARLINDOGS
02-13-2008, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by TexanFan4Life
Speaking of Daingerfield, I thought some of you might be interested to know that RB Johnie Hurndon will play at Blinn College next season. Thanks for the info. Last time I talked to his dad he was undecided. Hope he does well in College. I sure will try to make a few of those games.:D

waterboy
02-13-2008, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by MARLINDOGS
Yeah you are right about passing. But they could not pass on us either. Our secondary won state in track. And 2 out of 4 end up going pro. But any how Daingerfield lost alot this pass year. The QB, Hurndon and alot of lineman. Of course Hurndon"s brother will be back this year. But looks like Daingerfield will have alotttttttt of work to do.
Yeah ...... it's kinda hard to pass the ball if a player is on you before you blink, or can get the ball off. That Tiger defense was in the backfield on every play. They were the quickest team I've ever seen. The stats they had don't do justice for what they actually did on the field. You had to have seen them to believe it. I know they left a life-long impression on me, and I'm from Gilmer!

MARLINDOGS
02-13-2008, 09:43 AM
Yeah ...... it's kinda hard to pass the ball if a player is on you before you blink, or can get the ball off. That Tiger defense was in the backfield on every play. They were the quickest team I've ever seen. The stats they had don't do justice for what they actually did on the field. You had to have seen them to believe it. I know they left a life-long impression on me, and I'm from Gilmer! LOL That is bad if we left a impression on you. Especially if you are from Gilmer.:D :D Yeah I played on that team. You know that was a rough year. Alot of our parents worked at Lone Star Steel. I knew some parents that would have to take stuff to the pawn shop just to be able to go watch us play. We always talked about that before the game. We felt we had to give the town something back because of what they where going through.;)

waterboy
02-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by MARLINDOGS
LOL That is bad if we left a impression on you. Especially if you are from Gilmer.:D :D Yeah I played on that team. You know that was a rough year. Alot of our parents worked at Lone Star Steel. I knew some parents that would have to take stuff to the pawn shop just to be able to go watch us play. We always talked about that before the game. We felt we had to give the town something back because of what they where going through.;)
Yeah ...... my Daddy worked at Lone Star Steel for 29+ years before he was laid off. He was less than 800 hours from drawing full retirement. He finally got called back after about a year and got to finish his time out.

Txbroadcaster
02-13-2008, 10:56 AM
Dennia Alexander once said ONE team in 3A he has seen could play with the 83 team and that was the 86 Jefferson team

that Jefferson team beat a Daingerfield team in the play-offs alot were comparing to the 83 team

lostaussie
02-13-2008, 11:32 AM
Dennia Alexander once said ONE team in 3A he has seen could play with the 83 team and that was the 86 Jefferson team

that Jefferson team beat a Daingerfield team in the play-offs alot were comparing to the 83 team what was te QB's name from jefferson? he went, i think to UCLA on a track scholarship. he was one fast dude.

Txbroadcaster
02-13-2008, 11:56 AM
what was te QB's name from jefferson? he went, i think to UCLA on a track scholarship. he was one fast dude.

U sure ur thinking of the QB? He was more a drop back guy..now Terry Johnson was pretty fast and played WR/DB

Had the Smith Brothers at RB and Rafel Robinson who went on to play with the Seahawks

lion75
02-13-2008, 12:13 PM
Vernon met D'field in the 84 semifinals and 85 semifinals losing 14-7 and 20-12. This was our first two years in 3a. Our 83' 4a playoff team had beaten Brownwood in bidistrict and we thought 3a was gonna be a breeze. Daingerfield helped us to understand that 3a would never be an easy proposition.