PDA

View Full Version : The Grammys

Blastoderm55
02-10-2008, 09:20 PM
Wow, Kanye West's performance was amazing. :eek: :clap:

And who in the hell is Amy Winehouse and why does she keep winning awards? :confused:

Adidas410s
02-10-2008, 09:26 PM
Amy Winehouse's album is very highly regarded...though she's a huge trainwreck. Her single "Rehab" is a literal song about her friends and family trying to get her to go to Rehabbut she won't. Sucks that I missed Kanye...wanted to see him...

tigerpride_08
02-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Kanye's performance was really good...liked his sweet glasses...but my favorite part was how he ended it...:clap:

Adidas410s
02-10-2008, 09:37 PM
man they have a terrible mix on Brad Paisley's voice. I've seen him 3 times in concert and he always sounds REALLY good. Here it's like they're concerned with his guitar and turned his vocals to just pick up lows with a few mids.

Blastoderm55
02-10-2008, 09:41 PM
I didn't care for that performance. He did one last year that was incredible. "She everything I ever wanted" or whatever that song is. It was amazing on that awards show.

Adidas410s
02-10-2008, 09:42 PM
poor Kanye...they started turning the music up on him while he was talking about his mom....he was less than pleased

Adidas410s
02-10-2008, 09:45 PM
Right now I'm just not gonna say anything about what's on the TV now...

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Blastoderm55
02-10-2008, 09:54 PM
I left the room so as not to make any rude comments. :D

Adidas410s
02-10-2008, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
I left the room so as not to make any rude comments. :D

err...yellow...err...whale...cough, cough, gargle

Adidas410s
02-10-2008, 10:05 PM
memo to Tim McGraw...plastic, shiny cowboy hat...still not cool..

Adidas410s
02-10-2008, 10:20 PM
Kanye just got punk'd by...

wait for it...

Vince Gill

HA!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Emerson1
02-10-2008, 10:21 PM
I cannot stand Kanye West

sahen
02-10-2008, 10:26 PM
amy winehouse is winning because if she keeps on going how she is right now then she wont be around for too many more grammy's...people are jsut trying to give her some awards before she is gone...

Emerson1
02-10-2008, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by sahen
amy winehouse is winning because if she keeps on going how she is right now then she wont be around for too many more grammy's...people are jsut trying to give her some awards before she is gone...
We should all feel so bad for her :rolleyes:

sahen
02-10-2008, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
We should all feel so bad for her :rolleyes:

not saying its right...just saying thats what appears to be happening...

Adidas410s
02-10-2008, 10:34 PM
She's a victim of society indeed :(

Adidas410s
02-10-2008, 10:36 PM
another show...and Taylor Swift shows up in another prom dress...

CHSfan
02-10-2008, 11:15 PM
amy whitehouse has the worst music!!! that rehab song i sooooooo annoying....her voice just hurts my ears!

Adidas410s
02-10-2008, 11:49 PM
conrgats to Herbie Hancock on winning Album of the Year. Only the 2nd time ever and 1st time in 43 years that a jazz artist has won the most prestigious Academy Award.

3afan
02-11-2008, 08:15 AM
overall I thought the show was terrible .....

Tiger Turtle
02-11-2008, 09:14 AM
Vince's dig at Kanye was classic. Hope he had security in the parking lot to ward off the drive-bys for dissing the self-laudatory rapper.

Adidas410s
02-11-2008, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Tiger Turtle
Hope he had security in the parking lot to ward off the drive-bys for dissing the self-laudatory rapper.
Other than your own ignorance...what basis could you possibly have for that statement? Kanye is black and a produces/sings rap music??? Give me a break... :rolleyes:

eppy 12
02-11-2008, 10:10 AM
TINA TURNER STILL GOT IT!:clap:

Rocket
02-11-2008, 11:18 AM
Being somebody that really loves rap music, and thoroughly knows the history behind it, I must say that Kanye is an idiot. His only talent lies in production, other than that, I see a wannabe rapper with great beats and production (which I give him all the credit for). I am glad that he is still humbled in not winning album of the year. If you listen to the song, Stronger, it is nonsense... blah blah blah, the first verse is ok, but it just steeps into a pit of nothingness after that. As far as I am concerned, he needs to step off the stage and let the talented people do the rapping and he stick with making the nice music behind it... he looked like a space cadet.

Rabbit'93
02-11-2008, 11:31 AM
Not a fan of Kanye at all.......he's arrogant, uninformed, self-absorbed, and most of all not talented. he can't rap and with "stronger" he took the hook from Daft Punk.

Oh and if you want to to talk to your dead mom after receiving an award, do it at the beginning when you know it won't get cut off. Because sorry Kanye, it's not all about you......

Oh yeah the Foo Fighters are amazing.

pirate4state
02-11-2008, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Not a fan of Kanye at all.......he's arrogant, uninformed, self-absorbed, and most of all not talented. he can't rap and with "stronger" he took the hook from Daft Punk.

Oh and if you want to to talk to your dead mom after receiving an award, do it at the beginning when you know it won't get cut off. Because sorry Kanye, it's not all about you......

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

AMEN!!! Couldn't have said it better myself!

Don't get me started on his stupid sunglasses. :rolleyes:

Maroon87
02-11-2008, 11:37 AM

Word...

Adidas410s
02-11-2008, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
Being somebody that really loves rap music, and thoroughly knows the history behind it, I must say that Kanye is an idiot. His only talent lies in production, other than that, I see a wannabe rapper with great beats and production (which I give him all the credit for). I am glad that he is still humbled in not winning album of the year. If you listen to the song, Stronger, it is nonsense... blah blah blah, the first verse is ok, but it just steeps into a pit of nothingness after that. As far as I am concerned, he needs to step off the stage and let the talented people do the rapping and he stick with making the nice music behind it... he looked like a space cadet.
I agree for the most part. His beats are great...his lyrics average at best. Half the time he's taking shots at somebody. Sometimes it's "humorous/cool" lyrics...but a lot of it is filler. I like Kanye's music...but I think it's as much for his beats rather than his lyrics. And yes...his attitude when he's not performing leaves a lot to be desired IMO.

pero chato
02-11-2008, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
conrgats to Herbie Hancock on winning Album of the Year. Only the 2nd time ever and 1st time in 43 years that a jazz artist has won the most prestigious Academy Award.

His album "Headhunters" from the seventies is a classic, especially the song "Chameleon". Good stuff.

Blastoderm55
02-11-2008, 01:27 PM
I thought the Foo Fighters were terrible. I can't even think of the last song of theirs that I actually liked. Oy, rock music is so bad nowadays. That's why I'm listening to country nowadays. At least with "International Harvester" and "The More I Drink" I can listen to songs with funny lyrics. :D

Blastoderm55
02-11-2008, 01:28 PM
I agree for the most part. His beats are great...his lyrics average at best. Half the time he's taking shots at somebody. Sometimes it's "humorous/cool" lyrics...but a lot of it is filler. I like Kanye's music...but I think it's as much for his beats rather than his lyrics. And yes...his attitude when he's not performing leaves a lot to be desired IMO.

His performance was good, but Daft Punk made it incredible. Love me some Techno. :cool:

Bull19
02-11-2008, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
overall I thought the show was terrible .....

ditto.

Big Papa
02-11-2008, 03:01 PM

yeah and im sure that he really cares if you like him or not...

Adidas410s
02-11-2008, 03:02 PM
His performance was good, but Daft Punk made it incredible. Love me some Techno. :cool:
I hope it shows up on YouTube today cuz I missed it last night.

Rocket
02-11-2008, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Big Papa
yeah and im sure that he really cares if you like him or not...

Kanye is overhyped and a crybaby. Great producer. Period.

The whole rap game is at an all time low... that is the only reason people like Kanye West can "be on top of it".

GreenGobbla
02-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by CHSfan
amy whitehouse has the worst music!!! that rehab song i sooooooo annoying....her voice just hurts my ears!

come on now...she's good

CHSfan
02-11-2008, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by GreenGobbla
come on now...she's good

no shes not!.......i seriously hope you were being sarcastic

i think she is horrible..

Blastoderm55
02-11-2008, 05:30 PM
I hope it shows up on YouTube today cuz I missed it last night.

Here ya go. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Tm8M_Pr8C8Q)

GreenGobbla
02-11-2008, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by CHSfan
no shes not!.......i seriously hope you were being sarcastic

i think she is horrible..

no, actually i was being serious

GreenGobbla
02-11-2008, 05:34 PM
and personally i think kanye is the sh..

Bull19
02-11-2008, 05:54 PM
rap as a whole is a joke and shouldnt be considered music.

CHSfan
02-11-2008, 06:01 PM
come on now...she's good

i just realized that i said amy WHITEhouse instead of WINEhouse...haha whoops...but i dont like her but i do like kanye!

GreenGobbla
02-11-2008, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
rap as a whole is a joke and shouldnt be considered music.

let me guess, big country fan

Emerson1
02-11-2008, 07:03 PM
Google "when will amy winehouse die"

Bull19
02-11-2008, 07:07 PM
let me guess, big country fan

big fan of actual music that requires talent. not computer generated music that anybody can do.

Blastoderm55
02-11-2008, 09:06 PM
big fan of actual music that requires talent. not computer generated music that anybody can do.

Make me some music on your computer if its so easy. There's real art in programming and synthesized music. Way more than those four chords that Junior learned in fifth grade.

Bull19
02-11-2008, 09:25 PM
Make me some music on your computer if its so easy. There's real art in programming and synthesized music. Way more than those four chords that Junior learned in fifth grade.

your ignorance is hillarious.

Blastoderm55
02-11-2008, 09:52 PM

Coming from the one who chastises an entire genre of music simply because it does not match his tastes. :rolleyes:

Emerson1
02-11-2008, 10:00 PM
I'm not a big fan of rap, but I would love to see you try and do it. There is a reason a beat for one song can cost a rapper hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars.

Bull19
02-11-2008, 10:17 PM
if rap is so hard to do, why is it that its all of the people coming out of the projects, and prison without any education doing it?

Blastoderm55
02-11-2008, 10:18 PM
if rap is so hard to do, why is it that its all of the people coming out of the projects, and prison without any education doing it?

Wow, I think I just figured out your last name, Bull. :D

Ranger Mom
02-11-2008, 10:40 PM

Is freestyle considered rap? If so, how can you say it's "easy"? I didn't come from the projects and am fairly educated but I can barely make something rhyme if I think about it and put in on paper, much less coming up with something like that on a moments notice.

I don't think where you come from or what your education is matters when it comes to talent....you either have it or you don't!

Just my opinion!

slpybear the bullfan
02-11-2008, 10:49 PM
Overall, I also agree the show was pretty blah. Of course I think that about popular music in general for a while now.

The Foo Fighters were awesome when "Colour and Shape" came out... since then?

U2 has turned into a caricature.

Rap's biggest artist is Kayne? WOw.

Amy Winehouse's repackaging of 60's RnB takes record of the year? (perfect title for that crackhead).

Sorry to sound jaded, but just pretty disgusted with Popular music right now... this is supposed to be musics biggest night and it was weak in my opinion.

Just my .02!

Ranger Mom
02-11-2008, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Overall, I also agree the show was pretty blah. Of course I think that about popular music in general for a while now.

The Foo Fighters were awesome when "Colour and Shape" came out... since then?

U2 has turned into a caricature.

Rap's biggest artist is Kayne? WOw.

Amy Winehouse's repackaging of 60's RnB takes record of the year? (perfect title for that crackhead).

Sorry to sound jaded, but just pretty disgusted with Popular music right now... this is supposed to be musics biggest night and it was weak in my opinion.

Just my .02!

I didn't even realize it was on...sounds like I didn't miss much!!

I pretty much only like classic rock and country....maybe very little of the new rock.

Adidas410s
02-11-2008, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I don't think where you come from or what your education is matters when it comes to talent....you either have it or you don't!
I guess that many of the basketball and football players that we watch and cheer for aren't really all that special because they're not academically gifted. Heck, we've got who knows how many baseball players that never went to college. What a shame!!! Lebron James, Kevin Garnett...you've got to be kidding me. What an absolute joke those guys are!!! :mad::mad::mad:

SNYDER325TIGERS
02-11-2008, 11:22 PM
beyonce was lookin fine! lol

Emerson1
02-11-2008, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Is freestyle considered rap? If so, how can you say it's "easy"? I didn't come from the projects and am fairly educated but I can barely make something rhyme if I think about it and put in on paper, much less coming up with something like that on a moments notice.

Just my opinion!
It took me 20 minutes to write an 8 line poem on anything you wanted that tied in carpe diem

Ranger Mom
02-12-2008, 01:01 AM
I guess that many of the basketball and football players that we watch and cheer for aren't really all that special because they're not academically gifted. Heck, we've got who knows how many baseball players that never went to college. What a shame!!! Lebron James, Kevin Garnett...you've got to be kidding me. What an absolute joke those guys are!!! :mad::mad::mad:

I have NO clue what you are talking about!!

District303aPastPlayer
02-12-2008, 08:30 PM
so the end of the K. West performance got me... say what you want about him, he's talented. Period. His song for mama and roses have to be two of the best songs for loved ones ive heard in a while...

Bull19
02-12-2008, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
so the end of the K. West performance got me... say what you want about him, he's talented. Period. His song for mama and roses have to be two of the best songs for loved ones ive heard in a while...

:rolleyes: