PDA

View Full Version : The Mess that is District 19-3A Basketball

jimmyceatworld
02-09-2008, 07:18 PM
After a very promising pre-district performance with wins over quality teams lsuch as Glen Rose and Pittsburg my Eagles started off district on a rocky road (to put it nicely) and stumbled to a 1-4 district start. Since then we've won 4 in a row and are poised to win the final game against Mexia in the "dungeon." But regardless, things are looking a little complicated. Here's how things are right now:

Mexia, 8-1
Madisonville, 6-3
Fairfield, 5-4
Westwood, 5-4
Palestine, 2-7
Groesbeck, 1-8

If I'm a little off I'm sure EV will correct it, but I know Mad'ville, WW, and FF record's are correct which leads me to my main point. If FF wins Tuesday, and WW loses, we're obviously in the playoffs and vice versa. If we both lose we're in because we beat them both times. BUT if we both win then we have to play a mini tournament with WW and Madisonville (because the ponies play WW on Tuesday) or maybe it would better be called a round robin. Anyway, it's a little messy.

eagles_victory
02-09-2008, 07:23 PM
I think you got it right Jimbo. District 20 is even more of a mess then 19 3a right now. Hopefully Madisonville wins and we go in as the 3 seed that is the best scenerio possible for us at this point.

jimmyceatworld
02-09-2008, 07:23 PM
how's that looking?

eagles_victory
02-09-2008, 07:24 PM
I just saw something on the news about it like Carthage is 9-4 Central is 8-5 Hudson is 8-5 and I think someone else is 8-5 with Crockett being district champs. If it holds we could possibly being playing Carthage in boys and girls.

jimmyceatworld
02-09-2008, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I think you got it right Jimbo. District 20 is even more of a mess then 19 3a right now. Hopefully Madisonville wins and we go in as the 3 seed that is the best scenerio possible for us at this point.

it's possible for us to get 2nd but I'd prefer the stangs just win to solidify us a spot

eagles_victory
02-09-2008, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld
it's possible for us to get 2nd but I'd prefer the stangs just win to solidify us a spot I like our playoff road much better if we take the 3 seed.

jimmyceatworld
02-09-2008, 07:26 PM
I just saw something on the news about it like Carthage is 9-4 Central is 8-5 Hudson is 8-5 and I think someone else is 8-5 with Crockett being district champs. If it holds we could possibly being playing Carthage in boys and girls.

ugh ...

jimmyceatworld
02-09-2008, 07:28 PM
I like our playoff road much better if we take the 3 seed.

I don't know what the picture looks like, but I think how you finish in district is a little overrated because when it all boils down to it, you've still got to beat good teams (eventually) if you want to go far. (I wasn't trying to make it out like that's what you said BTW)

eagles_victory
02-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Yea I agree with you that your going to have to beat good teams. However, if you come in third to make it out of your quarter to get to regionals you have to beat probably Carthage (as of now), Gatesville ( a good solid team but a team we matchup well with) and Mexia (if the seeds hold possibly Connally or Lavega or another team)

In the second place quarter you have to beat either Central or Hudson. Hutto an undefeated district champ who dominated everyone except for Liberty Hill and Crockett we both know how good they are and I think they are also an undefeated district champ

jimmyceatworld
02-09-2008, 07:34 PM
On a different note, I'd argue that Groesbeck is the best last place team in the state. Not to say we have the best district, but almost all their games have been close ones. They just can't finish I guess (which is probably why they're in last). But anyway, I'd take them in a toilet bowl tournament any day of the week.

jimmyceatworld
02-09-2008, 07:35 PM
Yea I agree with you that your going to have to beat good teams. However, if you come in third to make it out of your quarter to get to regionals you have to beat probably Carthage (as of now), Gatesville ( a good solid team but a team we matchup well with) and Mexia (if the seeds hold possibly Connally or Lavega or another team)

In the second place quarter you have to beat either Central or Hudson. Hutto an undefeated district champ who dominated everyone except for Liberty Hill and Crockett we both know how good they are and I think they are also an undefeated district champ

I agree ... about the first quarter looking easier

eagles_victory
02-09-2008, 07:39 PM
On a different note, I'd argue that Groesbeck is the best last place team in the state. Not to say we have the best district, but almost all their games have been close ones. They just can't finish I guess (which is probably why they're in last). But anyway, I'd take them in a toilet bowl tournament any day of the week. When they beat us I heard that was their first district win in 5 years.

jimmyceatworld
02-09-2008, 07:41 PM
It doesn't look good that of the 3 wins Groesbeck and Palestine have 2 of them are against us ... ehh ... but we're red hot right now and I'd prefer that instead of cruising through district.

eagles_victory
02-09-2008, 07:42 PM
It doesn't look good that of the 3 wins Groesbeck and Palestine have 2 of them are against us ... ehh ... but we're red hot right now and I'd prefer that instead of cruising through district. Westwood might be the best team in the state not to make the playoffs. Grayland Crawford might be the best player not playing in the playoffs if they indeed come up short and miss the playoffs

jimmyceatworld
02-09-2008, 07:43 PM
When they beat us I heard that was their first district win in 5 years.

Rikki Wooley tried to tell me that was their first win since the early 90s. I said, "I watched us lose to them when I was in 7th grade."

lol (I'm pretty sure it was 7th but that doesn't really matter)

jimmyceatworld
02-09-2008, 07:44 PM
Westwood might be the best team in the state not to make the playoffs. Grayland Crawford might be the best player not playing in the playoffs if they indeed come up short and miss the playoffs

True. He's a poor man's Tremain Thomas. AND don't even get me started about him.

eagles_victory
02-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Rikki Wooley tried to tell me that was their first win since the early 90s. I said, "I watched us lose to them when I was in 7th grade."

lol (I'm pretty sure it was 7th but that doesn't really matter) They went to the regional tournament in the early 2000's they played in the state title game in 91. Rikki definitely isnt a crediable source. But dang Jamsey first showing up in a picture on KVs myspace now conversations with Rikki your moving up in the world.

eagles_victory
02-09-2008, 07:46 PM
True. He's a poor man's Tremain Thomas. AND don't even get me started about him. Crawford is a Lumberjack next year

jimmyceatworld
02-09-2008, 07:48 PM
They went to the regional tournament in the early 2000's they played in the state title game in 91. Rikki definitely isnt a crediable source. But dang Jamsey first showing up in a picture on KVs myspace now conversations with Rikki your moving up in the world.

Me and KV are friends. And I wouldn't call it a conversation. I said she was talking to me but she was talking to the whole class and I had to inform her that she wasn't credible because (read my post about what she said)

jimmyceatworld
02-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Crawford is a Lumberjack next year

Really? Nice.

eagles_victory
02-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Me and KV are friends. And I wouldn't call it a conversation. I said she was talking to me but she was talking to the whole class and I had to inform her that she wasn't credible because (read my post about what she said) If im not mistaken wasnt there a leg touch in that picture? You not attending Sally Ellens surprise party tonight?

jimmyceatworld
02-09-2008, 07:52 PM
If im not mistaken wasnt there a leg touch in that picture? You not attending Sally Ellens surprise party tonight?

Leg touching there was. And I will be attending the party very soon ... I guess I better be going. See you when the Eagles make it to Austin ... or play in some JC gym the first round. Whichever

mwynn05
02-09-2008, 08:52 PM
madisonville winning is the easiest route for us to get into the playoffs we just need to hope they take care of business and if the game is in madisonville im sure they will make sure that that happens

pittqueen
02-09-2008, 09:47 PM
True. He's a poor man's Tremain Thomas. AND don't even get me started about him.

Yea, but they both have to take a backseat to Kendall Wright, he's hands down the best player in 3a and Top 10 in the state.

HippoBaseball05
02-09-2008, 10:16 PM
After our first round bye we play the winner of the District 19 runner-up and District 20 third place team game.

jimmyceatworld
02-10-2008, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
madisonville winning is the easiest route for us to get into the playoffs we just need to hope they take care of business and if the game is in madisonville im sure they will make sure that that happens

Madisonville does play at home

jimmyceatworld
02-10-2008, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by pittqueen
Yea, but they both have to take a backseat to Kendall Wright, he's hands down the best player in 3a and Top 10 in the state.

But for some reason he didn't do that great against FF. For that matter not even the whole team. I'm not trying to be smart aleck but did they just have an off game? How do they fare right now?

eagles_victory
02-10-2008, 02:19 AM
Yea, but they both have to take a backseat to Kendall Wright, he's hands down the best player in 3a and Top 10 in the state. Grayland is better then Kendall.

sportsfan10
02-10-2008, 06:16 AM
joey worley will have his team ready for mexia....

pittqueen
02-10-2008, 10:00 AM
Grayland is better then Kendall.

Ask Grayland, better yet, ask Grayland's coach and he will tell you. Against FF they were flat and out of shape, but hasn't lost a game since. Furthermore, if you haven't seen kendall play, introduce yourselves to him in the Link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tvb59rcfkEA

mwynn05
02-11-2008, 10:29 AM
Ask Grayland, better yet, ask Grayland's coach and he will tell you. Against FF they were flat and out of shape, but hasn't lost a game since. Furthermore, if you haven't seen kendall play, introduce yourselves to him in the Link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tvb59rcfkEA you use all these excuses but yall just got blown straight out of the gym....yeah you hit a few shots when it didnt matter against the back ups to make it look respectable but any one who saw the game knows pitt got dominated

pittqueen
02-11-2008, 11:05 AM
you use all these excuses but yall just got blown straight out of the gym....yeah you hit a few shots when it didnt matter against the back ups to make it look respectable but any one who saw the game knows pitt got dominated

Dont get on here talking about getting blown straight out the gym and hitting a few shot against backups, when you know, if you were at the game that, there were now backups in and Pitt had finally got in a groove, and yall was scared as hell. I sure hope we could meet now and show you what Pitt really has.

mwynn05
02-11-2008, 12:56 PM
well all i can tell you was you had your shot and it wasn't close

Hill Man
02-11-2008, 03:44 PM
After a very promising pre-district performance with wins over quality teams lsuch as Glen Rose and Pittsburg my Eagles started off district on a rocky road (to put it nicely) and stumbled to a 1-4 district start. Since then we've won 4 in a row and are poised to win the final game against Mexia in the "dungeon." But regardless, things are looking a little complicated. Here's how things are right now:

Mexia, 8-1
Madisonville, 6-3
Fairfield, 5-4
Westwood, 5-4
Palestine, 2-7
Groesbeck, 1-8

after tonight's game.. - Let us know the standing change

eagles_victory
02-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Dont get on here talking about getting blown straight out the gym and hitting a few shot against backups, when you know, if you were at the game that, there were now backups in and Pitt had finally got in a groove, and yall was scared as hell. I sure hope we could meet now and show you what Pitt really has. scoreboard scoreboard

texasjeremy
02-12-2008, 11:52 AM
Does Palestine have a lot of young guys or lack talent or what? For the better part of 20 years they were one of the premier 4A programs in East Texas, it sucks to see them struggling down in 3A. Seems like it has gone downhill since they ran off coach Tommy Blake.

eagles_victory
02-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by texasjeremy
Does Palestine have a lot of young guys or lack talent or what? For the better part of 20 years they were one of the premier 4A programs in East Texas, it sucks to see them struggling down in 3A. Seems like it has gone downhill since they ran off coach Tommy Blake. It was pretty much a one man show for them this year with Larry Jackson. They had a good big man named Skinner but he was too insane to play so that hurt them bad not having him.

eagles_victory
02-12-2008, 10:01 PM
Madisonville beat Westwood 86-85. Mexia 1 seed Madisonville 2 seed Fairfield 3 seed.

PHS Wildcats
02-12-2008, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by texasjeremy
Does Palestine have a lot of young guys or lack talent or what? For the better part of 20 years they were one of the premier 4A programs in East Texas, it sucks to see them struggling down in 3A. Seems like it has gone downhill since they ran off coach Tommy Blake.

Yea, since they ran off Blake, Basketball is irrelavent and most people in Palestine fill the same way.

eagles_victory
02-12-2008, 11:09 PM
Fairfield beat Mexia 41-40

Mexia 8-2
Madisonville 7-3
Fairfield 6-4
Westwood 5-5
Palestine 2-7 (dont know outcome vs gbeck)
Groesbeck 1-8 (dont know outcome vs phs)

Fairfield started off 1-4 and rallied to win 5 in a row.

jimmyceatworld
02-12-2008, 11:58 PM
Fairfield beat Mexia 41-40

Mexia 8-2
Madisonville 7-3
Fairfield 6-4
Westwood 5-5
Palestine 2-7 (dont know outcome vs gbeck)
Groesbeck 1-8 (dont know outcome vs phs)

Fairfield started off 1-4 and rallied to win 5 in a row.

glorious day

HippoBaseball05
02-13-2008, 01:22 AM
So Madisonville is the runner-up out of 19-AAA.

Anyone know who is #3 out of 20-AAA?

I know the #2 seed in 19-AAA plays the #3 seed out of 20-AAA in the first round of the playoffs. We get the winner of that one in the second round.

coach
02-13-2008, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by HippoBaseball05
So Madisonville is the runner-up out of 19-AAA.

Anyone know who is #3 out of 20-AAA?

I know the #2 seed in 19-AAA plays the #3 seed out of 20-AAA in the first round of the playoffs. We get the winner of that one in the second round.

central and hudson play in a playoff friday to see who plays madisonville

HippoBaseball05
02-13-2008, 01:29 AM
Thank you.....

mwynn05
02-13-2008, 09:39 AM
We ended the season pretty impressively by going undefeated the 2nd time through and finishing the season with a win @Mexia....and word on a warm up game?

texasjeremy
02-13-2008, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
Yea, since they ran off Blake, Basketball is irrelavent and most people in Palestine fill the same way.

That really is a shame, when I was at PHS, basketball was a big deal. My senior year both the boys and girls teams were ranked in the top 10 in the state in 4A.

mwynn05
02-13-2008, 07:54 PM
we play carthage at TJC on tuesday...my b-day....i wont be there

jimmyceatworld
02-13-2008, 09:03 PM
any word on a warm up game?

I heard we are trying to play Teague. Not sure how that will work out. I also heard the warm-up game will be in FF on Sat. at 3 regardless

mwynn05
02-13-2008, 10:55 PM
sucks for me they are going to have to win a few games for me to have a chance to see them again