PDA

View Full Version : burnet football

lv2937
02-09-2008, 01:02 PM
:D How do you think Burnet will do next year in their new district? I say we will be a 3rd place team. ...should have a good running game but our passing game will suck. Unproven qb and no recivers.

thatsminty
02-09-2008, 01:52 PM
I'm not sure why...
but I read this as:
Burnt Football

K-MAC Chuck
02-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Just asking, lv...
If you have Burnet finishing third, what 2 team do you have in front of the Bulldogs?

NastySlot
02-09-2008, 11:37 PM
my guess is liberty hill first and llano, wimberley, burnet and fred. fighting it out for the final two spots.

espn1
02-10-2008, 01:21 AM
You're on crack if you think Llano's going to beat Burnet. LMAO!

Old Tiger
02-10-2008, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by espn1
You're on crack if you think Llano's going to beat Burnet. LMAO! Maybe you're the one on crack

c-town_balla
02-10-2008, 01:41 AM
Llanos Wing-T is tricky

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-10-2008, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by thatsminty
I'm not sure why...
but I read this as:
Burnt Football

Haven't seen you on here in a while...

Dogman_1969
02-10-2008, 09:49 AM
There is always a kid at Air it Out Passing camp that should be a Junior next season that can throw the rock. Did he move or what is up there?

lv2937
02-10-2008, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by thatsminty
I'm not sure why...
but I read this as:
Burnt Football :rolleyes: liberty hill and fred, fighting it out for first. burnet 3rd.

marlin fan
02-10-2008, 03:17 PM
its okay Llano and Burnet have great bands lol so does LH

c-town_balla
02-10-2008, 04:25 PM
freds band is pretty cool....there tubas dance

marlin fan
02-10-2008, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
freds band is pretty cool....there tubas dance Never seen them before maybe this year

NastySlot
02-10-2008, 07:55 PM
You're on crack if you think Llano's going to beat Burnet. LMAO!

no not on crack just aware of the kids and coaching staff at llano. coach yeager and his staff have done a great job at llano. i believe he has been there 3 years now and has established llano as true contender for the playoffs.......now your turn explain why you think i would have to be on crack to think llano might beat burnet even though i don't think i said they would......if i remember right i said fred. wim. llano and burnet would fight it out for second and third.

NastySlot
02-10-2008, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
Never seen them before maybe this year

i've seen the fred band......im not an expert on bands but they are pretty good.

espn1
02-10-2008, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
no not on crack just aware of the kids and coaching staff at llano. coach yeager and his staff have done a great job at llano. i believe he has been there 3 years now and has established llano as true contender for the playoffs.......now your turn explain why you think i would have to be on crack to think llano might beat burnet even though i don't think i said they would......if i remember right i said fred. wim. llano and burnet would fight it out for second and third. Because I've been watching all of these teams since I was about ten, so that adds up to about 38 years. So I guess that pretty much explains why I said that. It was really just a joke. However I must say that If Burnet's kids keep losing interest in the program, we could end up like Marble Falls and in that case you would be correct. LH has a great program but they seem to have forgotten about Burnet owning them for about 7 years. Also Burnet had a new Coach last year and he runs the offense differently. I'm not too happy about the Coaching decision. But maybe he can make it work. Either way Burnet will be a contender. As for Llano, to exploit their main weakness, just pass the ball because they don't have a secondary. They also have very little speed.That's why they will be out of the playoffs. Llano does have a QB that's moving up to Varsity he's a personal friend. I'll definitely be rooting for him. He's also a great pitcher. Anyway It doesn't really matter that much to me anyway. My kids will probably be playing ball at McNeil or maybe Liberty Hill.

LH Panther Mom
02-10-2008, 09:34 PM
LH has a great program but they seem to have forgotten about Burnet owning them for about 7 years.
Trust me, no one at The Hill has forgotten. ;)

espn1
02-10-2008, 10:13 PM
One other thing I forgot to mention. I went to more LH Games than Burnet last year.

buff4ever
02-10-2008, 10:19 PM
where did the band talk come from, and what does that have to do with the playoff spots that are at stake here?:doh: :doh: :confused: :confused:

NastySlot
02-11-2008, 10:39 AM
Because I've been watching all of these teams since I was about ten, so that adds up to about 38 years. So I guess that pretty much explains why I said that. It was really just a joke. However I must say that If Burnet's kids keep losing interest in the program, we could end up like Marble Falls and in that case you would be correct. LH has a great program but they seem to have forgotten about Burnet owning them for about 7 years. Also Burnet had a new Coach last year and he runs the offense differently. I'm not too happy about the Coaching decision. But maybe he can make it work. Either way Burnet will be a contender. As for Llano, to exploit their main weakness, just pass the ball because they don't have a secondary. They also have very little speed.That's why they will be out of the playoffs. Llano does have a QB that's moving up to Varsity he's a personal friend. I'll definitely be rooting for him. He's also a great pitcher. Anyway It doesn't really matter that much to me anyway. My kids will probably be playing ball at McNeil or maybe Liberty Hill.

i was trying to say that in my opinion.........liberty hill will take first and the other four schools i mentioned all have shot at the final two spots.............don't count out llano..........burnet has established a good program over the past 6-7 years i wasn't knocking them...i included them in the four.....but fred and burnet should beware............llano is a lot tougher then last time both were in 3A.

K-MAC Chuck
02-11-2008, 08:54 PM
I was the editor/sports editor of one of the Llano papers when Yeager got to Llano..

He's a VERY smart coach...he's got a very casual yet stern style about him..and the kids definitely buy into what he's been coaching over there...

I agree with the sentiment that you'd better keep an eye on Llano next season. Heck, they went 3 rounds deep into the playoffs this past season..

What's gonna be fun is Week 10 of District 8-3A - Liberty Hill's Slot-T against Llano's offense - after all, Yeager told me his goal was to style the Llano offense after what Jerry Vance runs at Lib Hill...

marlin fan
02-11-2008, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
where did the band talk come from, and what does that have to do with the playoff spots that are at stake here?:doh: :doh: :confused: :confused: it came from me.. got a problem with it?

thatsminty
02-22-2008, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Haven't seen you on here in a while...

I know...you miss me.

burnetboy
08-05-2008, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
i was trying to say that in my opinion.........liberty hill will take first and the other four schools i mentioned all have shot at the final two spots.............don't count out llano..........burnet has established a good program over the past 6-7 years i wasn't knocking them...i included them in the four.....but fred and burnet should beware............llano is a lot tougher then last time both were in 3A.

i have a step dad who is the band director at marble falls so i went to the llano game unless they get a whole lot better this year i think burnet has 'em beat

Daddy D 11
08-05-2008, 12:54 AM
dude, just start a new thread. you're digging up stuff from months ago:doh:

LH Panther Mom
08-05-2008, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
dude, just start a new thread. you're digging up stuff from months ago:doh: Sometimes it's fun to read the old stuff. :p

(I'm liking the avatar!)

garciap77
08-05-2008, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........

(I'm liking the avatar!)

Good morning! I like it too!
:thinking: I just might make one for myself!

LHexPlayer
08-05-2008, 08:43 AM
Who exactly has Llano played that would make anyone think they are good. Llano only made the playoffs the last two years because their district was terrible. They didn't beat Wimberley when Wimberley was way down. If things fall right for you and you don't have to play a team like Cuero, then 3 rounds deep in region 4 is not saying much.

espn1
08-05-2008, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
I was the editor/sports editor of one of the Llano papers when Yeager got to Llano..

He's a VERY smart coach...he's got a very casual yet stern style about him..and the kids definitely buy into what he's been coaching over there...

I agree with the sentiment that you'd better keep an eye on Llano next season. Heck, they went 3 rounds deep into the playoffs this past season..

What's gonna be fun is Week 10 of District 8-3A - Liberty Hill's Slot-T against Llano's offense - after all, Yeager told me his goal was to style the Llano offense after what Jerry Vance runs at Lib Hill... Llano doesn't have the depth to go anywhere! But if they're going to get it done it better be this year because they fall way off next year!

espn1
08-05-2008, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Who exactly has Llano played that would make anyone think they are good. Llano only made the playoffs the last two years because their district was terrible. They didn't beat Wimberley when Wimberley was way down. If things fall right for you and you don't have to play a team like Cuero, then 3 rounds deep in region 4 is not saying much.
Llano did beat K'ville Tivy last year. I think?

wimbo_pro
08-05-2008, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by marlin fan
its okay Llano and Burnet have great bands lol so does LH

Marlin Fan!! How are you!! I drove through Marlin the other day, thought of you and your love for all things band...and drove on. Hope all is well with you!

LHexPlayer
08-05-2008, 09:12 AM
Nope Llano beat Tivy two years ago by one point. Llano was more impressive to me when they ran the spread.

pirate4state
08-05-2008, 09:14 AM
sheesh....all of a sudden I'm hoping Llano whoops everyone's ass! :rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
08-05-2008, 09:15 AM
Llano doesn't have the depth to go anywhere! But if they're going to get it done it better be this year because they fall way off next year!
:doh: So LH falls way off next year, Llano falls way off next year and we know Wimberley was a one-hit wonder. ;) So that leaves Burnet, Canyon Lake, Ingram and Fred to duke it out? :eek: :eek: :p

LH Panther Mom
08-05-2008, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
sheesh....all of a sudden I'm hoping Llano whoops everyone's ass! :rolleyes:
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

wimbo_pro
08-05-2008, 09:18 AM
:doh: So LH falls way off next year, Llano falls way off next year and we know Wimberley was a one-hit wonder. ;) So that leaves Burnet, Canyon Lake, Ingram and Fred to duke it out? :eek: :eek: :p

I dont think Ingram has "duked" it out with anybody in quite a while.

LHexPlayer
08-05-2008, 09:19 AM
[QUOTE]I dont think Ingram has "duked" it out with anybody in quite a while.

nope

LH Panther Mom
08-05-2008, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I dont think Ingram has "duked" it out with anybody in quite a while. True, but I had choices: a) leave them out, b) have them duking it out or c) have them falling way off with us and Llano. :( Somehow c) was just wrong. (And one-hit wonder didn't seem to apply. ;) )

LHexPlayer
08-05-2008, 09:23 AM
Anyone know Burnet's turn out this season.

pirate4state
08-05-2008, 09:24 AM
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

:D

Danger Will Robinson Danger. I sense it coming on. :cool:

wimbo_pro
08-05-2008, 09:29 AM
True, but I had choices: a) leave them out, b) have them duking it out or c) have them falling way off with us and Llano. :( Somehow c) was just wrong. (And one-hit wonder didn't seem to apply. ;) )
Hahahaha

And by the way...the term "one-hit-wonder" might be taken as an insult by some (I know you were being fecitious), but when it comes to championships, just to have ONE is very satisfying!! But trust me, we want another!!!

espn1
08-05-2008, 09:32 AM
:doh: So LH falls way off next year, Llano falls way off next year and we know Wimberley was a one-hit wonder. ;) So that leaves Burnet, Canyon Lake, Ingram and Fred to duke it out? :eek: :eek: :p I'm not sure about Wimberley? To me Llano will be the one to really fall off. Liberty Hill falling off isn't as bad because of your record. In my opinion Losing two game is falling off for the Hill. It also will depend on how many more years Vance stays there? I'll be curious to see how the Texans fair this year?