View Full Version : Cowboys hire A&M def. coordinator as LB coach

kepdawg
02-09-2008, 12:16 PM
Dallas Cowboys hire A&M def. coordinator as LB coach

Herring was hired by Aggies in January

09:45 AM CST on Saturday, February 9, 2008

By TODD ARCHER / The Dallas Morning News
tarcher@dallasnews.com

IRVING – The Dallas Cowboys added Reggie Herring to their staff on Saturday, naming him to the position of linebackers coach.

Herring was named defensive coordinator at Texas A&M in January by new coach Mike Sherman. He was Arkansas' interim head coach for the Cotton Bowl.
Reggie Herring, named Texas A&M's defensive coordinator in January by new coach Mike Sherman, was Arkansas' interim head coach for the Cotton Bowl.

Herring, 48, has spent two years in the NFL, serving as Houston's linebackers coach in 2002-03 where he worked with Cowboys defensive coordinator Brian Stewart. Herring broke into coaching in 1981 with Jimmy Johnson at Oklahoma State after his playing career at Florida State ended.

The Cowboys had talked with Gregg Williams about the position before he joined Jacksonville this week as its defensive coordinator. The Cowboys have had discussions with Dom Capers about a job on Phillips' staff.

Herring replaces Paul Pasqualoni, who left to become defensive coordinator in Miami under former Cowboys assistant Tony Sparano.

LINK (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/020908dnspocowlede.39761e9.html)

Adidas410s
02-09-2008, 12:17 PM
dang...even on a Saturday morning...Kep is a minute ahead of me with DMN news.

kepdawg
02-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
dang...even on a Saturday morning...Kep is a minute ahead of me with DMN news.

Haha! I just got on and I check DMN all the time.