PDA

View Full Version : Jr2004....Here ya go!

kaorder1999
02-09-2008, 01:22 AM
Middle school coach gets A. Maceo Smith post

11:07 PM CST on Friday, February 8, 2008

Dallas ISD athletic director Jeff Johnson said Elzie Barnett has been named new athletic coordinator and head football coach at A. Maceo Smith.

Barnett spent the last two years as athletic coordinator at Maynard Jackson Middle School. At A. Maceo Smith, he replaces Ron Grace, who was 2-8 as interim head coach in 2007. Grace took over for Lonnie Calahan, who was reassigned before the 2007 season.

Barnett was an all-district football and basketball player at Seagoville in the 1980s.

Damon L. Sayles

JR2004
02-09-2008, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Barnett spent the last two years as athletic coordinator at Maynard Jackson Middle School.

Barnett was an all-district football and basketball player at Seagoville in the 1980s.

And with those two things on your resume, you too could've had that job! :)

Without mocking this hiring anymore, I'll say this. In the end this will be a positive for you in my opinion. Here's an example. Madison's DC wanted the Velt job two years ago. He worked hard to get it. Instead, as you well know, they handed out the Lifetime Achievement Award and passed on him as well as several other coaches who had more accomplished resumes than what our DC has to hire a guy who hadn't coached at the high school level since both of us were in elementary school. Now look at Velt. It's a complete mess and I really feel the Good Lord kept him out of that situation and I know he does too.

You'll be thankful you didn't get this job because something better (It may not be a better situation win-loss wise, but you know what I mean.) will open up for you when you least expect it. You can count on that.