PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Lights

44INAROW
02-08-2008, 11:23 PM
OK - who saw tonight's episode and what did you think of it? since my oldest son reads the downlow from time to time, I won't go into detail but DAYUM Riggins is a fine specimen :D He is pulling out all the stops to get Tyra to dump the guy she's dating and go back to him.
I loved the interaction with Coach Taylor and Tammy's high school boyfrined. Too funny.
Did anyone notice the (generic) "Hill Country Fare" look-a-like cereral box in Street's kitchen?
I for one am glad they've slowed down Julie, Coach Taylor's daughter. She was getting pretty wild there for a while!
Smash went begging back to the coach from Alabama but the coach told him - "thanks but no thanks" Coach Taylor ended up taking Smash to a smaller college and Smash gave a verbal commitment to go there. That stadium looked like the stadium we played at in SW Austin - I forget the name of it - it was right off of 290W. Ok that's my thoughts - anyone else have any thoughts?

Snyder_TigerFan
02-09-2008, 12:52 AM
Great show. Very entertaining. The coach cracks me up. Looks like Garrity is going to be working her way back to Riggins. She can't get what she wants from the other guy.

FutureAD
02-09-2008, 01:37 AM
i didnt get to see the beginning i only got to see like the last 30 min of the episode so its kind of hard to put everything into place....

AP Panther Fan
02-09-2008, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by FutureAD
i didnt get to see the beginning i only got to see like the last 30 min of the episode so its kind of hard to put everything into place....

You were busy in Aransas Pass, right? I saw you! :eek: :D

Adidas410s
02-09-2008, 01:55 AM
I'm glad to see Smash make a "good decision" and go to Whitmore. Definitely not a top level school...but it seems like it will be a very good fit for him.

Tonight was a good episode and very much needed...I was getting pretty tired off too much drama and little substance this season.

Also, I like how Peter Berg made a cameo this week. Anybody notice that he does the same thing in all the shows/movies he's produced? That fight absolutely cracked me up...esp once the red light/green light thing made sense at the end!

lion75
02-09-2008, 11:28 AM
looks like Serenson is back on track.

pirate4state
02-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Just got done watching.

Streets situation is a bit much!

I wonder if the show will survive another season, but if it does I wonder if they'll follow up on Smash?

Overall, I thought it was an okay episode.

Bull's-eye
02-11-2008, 01:11 PM
I read where this was the last show made before the writers went on strike. If NBC decides to cancel FNL, this could of been the last epidsode. I hope they would least have another epidsode to tie up some loose ends.

FutureAD
02-11-2008, 01:25 PM
they need a couple more episodes at least to see if they make the playoffs or if they do if they can achieve back to back state titles

nobogey72
02-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Yep, I was POed that Garrity's boyfriend decided to save himself for marriage. Idiot. That was fixin to get steamy. Lila Garrity in real life is the daughter of the drummer for Aerosmith, just in case anyone was wondering who her dad in real life was.:)

crabman
02-11-2008, 06:23 PM
Not the drummer. The drummer is Joey Cramer. Rick Dufay is her father. He played guitar during the 80's with Aerosmith. He is not with the band anymore.