PDA

View Full Version : What I like about Burnet

mwisnews
09-09-2003, 11:06 PM
Every time I go down to Burnet to visit my grandparents, I either hear or see all about Burnet football. I first started to gain notice of Burnet when I came to Burnet last year to visit my grandparents during my school holiday. My grandparents took me to see Burnet play Llano. The first play Jordan Shipley playing as running back got the pitch and did a HB pass for a touchdown, it was the first play of the game. I was so impressed with that team, they did everything that my school Plano didn't like passing, traps, reverses, blitzing, good QB, good defense. I then went to the school website and I was amazed of the pictures and the video there were put on the site. I then came back on Thanksgiving to visit them and they that Burnet was playing Sinton in San Marcos. I wanted to go and I convinced my parents to take me. We got up that morning and got to the town square where I think about the whole town was there. When the Bus left, I was amazed to see an old fashion convey follow right behind the Bus the whole way to San Marcos. We got to the game and watched Burnet dominate the whole time. My mother who graduated from Burnet in 72' was smiling knowing that her High School was doing well in football. I was also was amazed the stadium filled with Burnet fans with a town of 5,000 and other towns that go to Burnet fill out a 9,000 side of the stadium. Our family then went to the state final game, where we saw Converse Judson come back in the last 20 seconds. Remember that? Well, that was fun driving down to San Antonio even though we lost. Since then I have graduated and gone to college, but finally I going down to see my grandparents again. They will take me to a Burnet game and that will make my day. I hope I can see some you there. I also hope to come down to the Marlin game. I like you Burnet fans because you come early, where green, and stay late like the UT Moto "Come Early, Stay Late, and where orange". I will have a fun time Friday.

Chris Hart
09-10-2003, 02:25 PM
Thanks for all the compliments about the team and the fans! What games are you coming to see? Maybe I could meet up with you at halftime or sometime.

JasperDog94
09-10-2003, 03:56 PM
The thing I like about Burnet is that they know how to win. They have a very consistant team with great fans. And man, what a band! I was really impressed. As a former band stundent, it looking like the Burnet band would be a fun group to be a part of.

olddawggreen
09-10-2003, 03:57 PM
Just curious, what were your mothers initials when she went to school in Burnet?