PDA

View Full Version : I was studying for my sociology test and discovered...

eagles_victory
02-07-2008, 01:05 PM
The speaking sociologically Phil C is right when he talks about people being victims of society. So it looks like Phil is correct when he talks about how we should take responsibility for the troubled people in our society.

Sweetwater Red
02-07-2008, 01:47 PM
I was watching the History channel. They were showing a
documentary on cults. I was really surprised by how easy it is
to brainwash weak minded individuals.:thinking:

DaHop72
02-07-2008, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
to brainwash weak minded individuals.:thinking: :thinking: Repeat after me: Go Snyder Tigers. :devil: :devil:

Sweetwater Red
02-07-2008, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:thinking: Repeat after me: Go Snyder Tigers. :devil: :devil:

Just because it worked on you and lured you to Tiger land
from Sweetwater doesn't mean it works on everyone DaHop.:thinking:

That was good though...:D :clap:

Mace Griffin
02-07-2008, 02:47 PM
to brainwash weak minded individuals.:thinking: He is actually right in what he is saying im guessing you have never studied sociology?

injuredinmelee
02-07-2008, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
The speaking sociologically Phil C is right when he talks about people being victims of society. So it looks like Phil is correct when he talks about how we should take responsibility for the troubled people in our society.

I disagree. There have been peopel that grew up in the most henious of conditions but yet they ended up leading successful lives. I think it is all about th choices you make in life. Sure life isnt fair and not always just but just like everything else you get out of it what you put into it. It is just easier for people to blame their own bad decisions and choices on society.

Just because it is written in a book doesnt make it true. I have read books that say aliens killed JFK so it must be true?

nobogey72
02-07-2008, 03:17 PM
to brainwash weak minded individuals.:thinking:

Well, I was watching Baywatch reruns the other night and I must be brainwashed or weakminded because it dawned on me that Pamela Anderson is actually in love with me. But, I'm staying away from that. I don't want to be known only as her "trophy" husband. I have standards. Actually I would join a cult if Pamela Anderson was in it. :nerd: :nerd: :inlove:

injuredinmelee
02-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Well, I was watching Baywatch reruns the other night and I must be brainwashed or weakminded because it dawned on me that Pamela Anderson is actually in love with me. But, I'm staying away from that. I don't want to be known only as her "trophy" husband. I have standards. Actually I would join a cult if Pamela Anderson was in it. :nerd: :nerd: :inlove:

bogey bogey bogey.. Pam isnt all that. She is no Amber C. of UNT fame (the most perfect woman to all who know her, for those of you who dont.)

eagles_victory
02-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I disagree. There have been peopel that grew up in the most henious of conditions but yet they ended up leading successful lives. I think it is all about th choices you make in life. Sure life isnt fair and not always just but just like everything else you get out of it what you put into it. It is just easier for people to blame their own bad decisions and choices on society.

Just because it is written in a book doesnt make it true. I have read books that say aliens killed JFK so it must be true? Im pretty sure that book on JFK wasnt an educational study done by actual educated people who were experts on the subject. That is a slippery slope my friend. Not saying I agree with it but if you think about it society does have an affect on your life in some way.

injuredinmelee
02-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Im pretty sure that book on JFK wasnt an educational study done by actual educated people who were experts on the subject. That is a slippery slope my friend. Not saying I agree with it but if you think about it society does have an affect on your life in some way.

of course it does but when it comes down to it its all about what you do with what your given. You cant sit back and wait for life to hand you happiness or success you ahve to seize it by the horns. Sure some people have more advantages than others but if you use that to sit back and not live to your potential because you have to work harder that makes you a victim of laziness not society.

eagles_victory
02-07-2008, 03:38 PM
of course it does but when it comes down to it its all about what you do with what your given. You cant sit back and wait for life to hand you happiness or success you ahve to seize it by the horns. Sure some people have more advantages than others but if you use that to sit back and not live to your potential because you have to work harder that makes you a victim of laziness not society. I agree with you on that and thats what it said in the book pretty much. I think you took me a little out of contex. But oh well I just took the test and did well so I could care less about sociology until the next rolls around in a month or so.

pirate4state
02-07-2008, 03:38 PM
injured - please he knows what he's talking about! :hand:

phil c said so!

injuredinmelee
02-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
injured - please he knows what he's talking about! :hand:

phil c said so!

if we base anythign on phil c saying so I swear to goodness I will cut off my left one.

pirate4state
02-07-2008, 04:34 PM
if we base anythign on phil c saying so I swear to goodness I will cut off my left one. it's a good thing you are right handed!

injuredinmelee
02-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
it's a good thing you are right handed!

yea thats what I meant.