PDA

View Full Version : Where is GP Stadium?

footballgal
07-21-2003, 04:18 PM
Sinton Fans, where is the G-P Stadium exactly, or the address so I can look it up on Map quest??
Thanks a million for any info.

pirate4state
07-21-2003, 04:54 PM
Right off of State HWY 181. The stadium is on Wildcat Drive. If you continue through on HWY 181 through Gregory you can exit either off of Buddy Graham or Lang Road. I'm sure someone else can offer better directions.

sinton66
07-21-2003, 05:13 PM
Coming up 77 from the Valley, go into Sinton and turn right on the main drag( at the Post Office/HEB). That is Hwy 181. Take 181 south through Taft. Just before you get to Gregory there is a turn to the right (before the RR tracks)on a Farm to Market Rd. That road becomes Wildcat Dr., and passes between the new school and the stadium which will be on your left. If You miss the Farm to Market on Hwy 181, you can take the curve at Gregory and continue on 181 to Buddy Ganen exit. Exit and turn right. The next signal light will be Wildcat Dr., turn left on Wildcat, and you will see the stadium on your left.

footballgal
07-22-2003, 08:14 AM
Thanks Alot, for the info. I will print this page, for later use (week 0) Again, Thanks! :)

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-22-2003, 10:43 AM
Ok, how about if you're coming in from the NORTH, say, from Dallas? I'll be coming into Corpus Christi on 37 from San Antonio, where do I go from there?

pirate4state
07-22-2003, 11:59 AM
TFINT-this is the route I use: ( I hate to drive through San Antonio. But if you like it there is a Sinton exit off of I-37 that will bring you right onto HWY 181 into Sinton and straight to Portland--see Sinton66 directions)

From Richardson: Take 75S to 35S to Waco, through Austin and I exit in San Marcos onto State Highway 123. This will take you through Seguin, Stockdale, Kennedy/Karnes City, Beeville and into Sinton. Once in Sinton hang a left at the first traffic light (HWY 181-AKA Sinton Street) Take 181 south through Taft. Just before you get to Gregory there is a turn to the right (before the RR tracks)on a Farm to Market Rd. That road becomes Wildcat Dr., and passes between the new school and the stadium which will be on your left. If You miss the Farm to Market on Hwy 181, you can take the curve at Gregory and continue on 181 to Buddy Ganen exit. Exit and turn right. The next signal light will be Wildcat Dr., turn left on Wildcat, and you will see the stadium on your left.

P.S. Depending on the day & time you could stop by Tasty Taco for a tortilla burger. :D As you travel eastbound on Sinton Street take a right on Vineyard Street, cross railroad tracks and Tasty Taco is on the right. The "building" is a little eek! scary, but the food is really good. :)

<small>[ July 22, 2003, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: pirate4state ]</small>

sinton66
07-22-2003, 01:49 PM
You can also exit at Waco and take US77 straight down. Goes thru Robinson, Giddings, La Grange, Halletsville, Victoria, Refugio, Woodsboro, then Sinton. Exit left at Sinton turn off and follow into town to the first light. Take a left and you're on US181 south. (Shortest route in road miles)

<small>[ July 22, 2003, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

pirate4state
07-22-2003, 03:06 PM
sinton66:
You can also exit at Waco and take US77 straight down. Goes thru Robibson, Giddings, La Grange, Halletsville, Victoria, Refugio, Woodsboro, then Sinton. Exit left at Sinton turn off and follow into town to the first light. Take a left and you're on US181 south. (Shortest route in road miles)But, all the lights in these towns are awful. :( And that stretch between Victoria-Refugio & Woodsboro sucks!! This was my route from Sam Houston State---ughh. Anyway...whatever! Have a safe trip.

Phil C
07-22-2003, 04:23 PM
Actually it would be better when you get to Halletsville to take the 77ALT through Yoakum, Cuero, Goliad and then on to Refugio. The difference is six miles farther this way but you miss having to drive through Victoria and all those red lights and actually save time.

sinton66
07-22-2003, 05:20 PM
If you're set on taking IH37, the exit you want is FM188 towards Sinton/Rockport(just south of Mathis). Follow it all the way into Sinton. That same road continues as US181 after the first traffic light. (Post Office corner).
If you follow pirate4state's route(which is less traffic and lights) 123 deadends into US181 at Karnes City. Then you just follow the 181 signs.

<small>[ July 22, 2003, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Bull Butter
07-22-2003, 05:30 PM
I believe FM 881 is now Texas 188

Bull Butter
07-22-2003, 05:39 PM
From the Valley, the shortest route to Portland is to exit on Hwy. 44 at Robstown, take 44 into Corpus Christi. Just past the CC Int. Airport, take the State Hwy 358 NORTH exit.(South will take you to the malls) I believe there is also a sign that says this exit takes you to I-37. From 358 exit onto I-37 South toward downtown. When you get close to downtown, you will begin seeing signs for US 181 to Portland. Take 181 over the Harbor Bridge and over the Causeway into Portland. Go thru Portland and exit on Wildcat Dr. This will take you to the place where the Tarpons will do some BEAR HUNTING!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-22-2003, 06:05 PM
I've heard of those famous "Tortilla Burgers" before. I may stop and get one on the way. Maybe some of the Sinton fans who want to go watch the Tarpons play can get to hang out with some of Port Isabel's "gente" (or is it spelled "jente"??)

sinton66
07-22-2003, 06:48 PM
TFINT, when is this game?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
07-22-2003, 08:38 PM
It's Week Zero. From what I understand, the game is on Friday Aug. 29th at 7:30. But i've also heard they may push it back to Saturday the 30th. I'm HOPING it is on Saturday, I can bring along a couple of my rowdiest PIHS alumni friends from Irving.

I'll let know when I find out for sure, but for right now, the game is scheduled for Aug. 29 @ Gregory Portland.

sinton66
07-22-2003, 09:15 PM
That's cool, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know.