PDA

View Full Version : Your honest opinion

pirate4state
02-07-2008, 11:40 AM
I've been chewing this over for a few days and since I'm bored I thought I'd ask.

There is only ONE condition

I only want votes, but I know some of you will be unable to resist. Be forewarned that if I don't like your comment or you bring up names, your post(s) will be deleted and you will be thread banned. :devil:

My question is this:

Do you believe that once mods/admins find out a former ROM'd poster is back under a new name that we should ban them immediately?

I know many of you will have an opinion on certain posters that have been ROM'd and are currently active posters - don't share that opinion here.

This is a yes or no question.

FOR NEW POSTERS:

ROM = Read Only Member

LH Panther Mom
02-07-2008, 12:09 PM
:devil: (Note: that was NOT a comment... :evillol: :evillol: )

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-07-2008, 12:12 PM
I think that it really and truly depends on the offense, but in the end everyone deserves a second chance and the people, in this case the moderators and administrators, who give them this second chance should not be chastised for it. That's just my opinion.

Txbroadcaster
02-07-2008, 12:14 PM
IMO If your going to allow them to return, then it should be under the old name...allowing them back under a new name IMO gives the perception that some people are protected or favorites

Ranger Mom
02-07-2008, 12:25 PM
As it is now, the person who initially banned you is the only one who can bring you back.

I know in the past, some posters have written a letter of explanation/apology or whatever to the person that gave them the boot. In some instances, that was enough to get them reinstated.

We aren't perfect, and sometimes there are extenuating circumstances that one mod knows and the other doesn't, that cause confusion....in those cases, a reinstatement can easily happen.

Old Tiger
02-07-2008, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

We aren't perfect, True.

Adidas410s
02-07-2008, 12:28 PM
I voted yes...and I'm in a similar boat as TXB. Allow them to come back under the same name...that way it is at your discretion and not theirs. If they try to circumvent the system...then the ROM becomes permanent. I've seen that as a rule on all other boards (like 4 or 5) that I'm an active participant in. You can be suspended/banned...and be allowed back. However, if you try to circumvent "your punishment" then you will never be allowed back.

GreenMonster
02-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I voted yes...and I'm in a similar boat as TXB. Allow them to come back under the same name...that way it is at your discretion and not theirs. If they try to circumvent the system...then the ROM becomes permanent. I've seen that as a rule on all other boards (like 4 or 5) that I'm an active participant in. You can be suspended/banned...and be allowed back. However, if you try to circumvent "your punishment" then you will never be allowed back.

Sounds like a great option. I vote for Adidias's plan.

injuredinmelee
02-07-2008, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Sounds like a great option. I vote for Adidias's plan.

I'll wrestle you for it. Meet me behind Cryovac at the old tank by the railroad tracks.

Ranger Mom
02-07-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I'll wrestle you for it. Meet me behind Cryovac at the old tank by the railroad tracks.

OMG!!! Yall aren't "rainbow flavored" too, are you?????:eek:

pirate4state
02-07-2008, 12:40 PM
Just to be clear:

Your opinions while interesting are irrelevant! :p :D

Love ya! :kiss:

3afan
02-07-2008, 01:04 PM
definitely NO ... but, they need to be on a short leash .... IMO

charlesrixey
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
IMO If your going to allow them to return, then it should be under the old name...allowing them back under a new name IMO gives the perception that some people are protected or favorites

agreed

if it is under any other name, they should be immediately cut

3afan
Originally posted by Adidas410s

sounds reasonable

eagles_victory
02-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Everybody deserves some sort of a second chance. Sure there are some circumstances where if they did something bad enough they should be given the permanent ax.

For example if someone came on here and cussed everyone out and aimed insults at specific posters and got rommed dont ever let him back. But if it was a questionable romming like there has been with some posters that could of gone either way i think they should be allowed a second chance and watched a little bit closer then your average poster.

I mean if you can get a second chance in life after making huge mistakes why cant you get a second chance on an internet message board. Most of the people who dont want rommed posters back were pushing for them to get rommed in the first place because of a personal issue. Some people on message boards have the tendancy to think they know it all and dont like being called out on it.

This thread is Rita at her best giving you a little bit of hope that your opinion counts for something then pulling the rug right out from below your feet. Cant help but love that from my girl Rita Pita. :clap:

Ranger Mom
02-07-2008, 04:02 PM
One nice thing is the "benched" option we have now!

That time out seems to help out quite a bit....and the posters usually seem somewhat "subdued" when they get back!:)

Ranger Mom
02-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I find it ironic that you say our opinions are irrelevent when you are asking for an honoest opinion from us.:doh: :doh:

LOL!! Your answer was supposed to be in the form of a YES or NO vote...only!!!

Ranger Mom
02-07-2008, 04:10 PM
A simple answer such as "yes" or "no" does not juistify ones true opinion on the subject therefore making this poll irrelevent. ;)

That's YOUR opinion!!:p

Which....rita has already deemed irrelevant!! :kiss:

Ranger Mom
02-07-2008, 04:13 PM
No that is fact...your opinion of it being an opinion is in fact an opinion.

In your opinion!!:hand:

Ranger Mom
02-07-2008, 04:15 PM
I have not stated an opinion. Just provided facts that you are expressing your opinion.

Ok....you win!

I want to take off tomorrow, so I need to forfeit this little war and get busy so I can!

Ranger Mom
02-07-2008, 04:21 PM
haha!
http://www.streetlessons.com/loser.JPG

:D

Wow!! That hurts!!

That is the second time I have been called that today!!:weeping: :weeping:

pirate4state
02-07-2008, 04:36 PM
I find it ironic that you say our opinions are irrelevent when you are asking for an honoest opinion from us.:doh: :doh: You really should just shut up now, mkay? I have to go clean up your trash!

Well, darn it. Kellye quoted all of your trash. Oh well. :D

AP Panther Fan
02-07-2008, 04:37 PM
lol...I was undecided for awhile on this until I glanced at another message board. I knew if I read some of the "material" former posters were putting up currently elsewhere, the answer would come to me.

I am now a "definite" yes.:cool:

(I think the benching works well and when that person sits the bench a bit too often, it is probably time for him/her to find a new team)

eppy 12
02-07-2008, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I've been chewing this over for a few days and since I'm bored I thought I'd ask.

There is only ONE condition

I only want votes, but I know some of you will be unable to resist. Be forewarned that if I don't like your comment or you bring up names, your post(s) will be deleted and you will be thread banned. :devil:

My question is this:

Do you believe that once mods/admins find out a former ROM'd poster is back under a new name that we should ban them immediately?

I know many of you will have an opinion on certain posters that have been ROM'd and are currently active posters - don't share that opinion here.

This is a yes or no question.

FOR NEW POSTERS:

ROM = Read Only Member YES. i will only say that while you have been chewing on it i hope you haven't jacked up your dental work;)
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l239/eppy12/toof.jpg

pirate4state
02-07-2008, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by eppy 12
YES. i will only say that while you have been chewing on it i hope you haven't jacked up your dental work;)
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l239/eppy12/toof.jpg :doh: you and your pictures! :speech:

STANG RED
02-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Yeah let em come back with just enough rope to hang themselves. If they do, go ahead and pop their heads off like a pullet chicken at slaughter.:D

Ranger Mom
02-07-2008, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Yeah let em come back with just enough rope to hang themselves. If they do, go ahead and pop their heads off like a pullet chicken at slaughter.:D

That just reminded me of that poor bird that got his head ripped off on the Sweetwater endzone at Vernon and Greenwood's playoff game!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

crzyjournalist03
02-07-2008, 05:15 PM
From what I understand, mods aren't going and checking IP addresses every day to see if Rommies have re-registered. Most of the time that they find out a former Rommie has a new screenname is because they start doing things that raise flags. In that instance, I'm all for banning them again immediately.

Ranger Mom
02-07-2008, 05:17 PM
You really should just shut up now, mkay? I have to go clean up your trash!

Well, darn it. Kellye quoted all of your trash. Oh well. :D

Sorry....feel free to delete my trash too!!

I forgot this was supposed to be a no comment thread!!:doh:

eppy 12
02-07-2008, 05:23 PM
:doh: you and your pictures! :speech: yep.
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l239/eppy12/200520ButterChurn.jpg

pirate4state
02-07-2008, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by eppy 12
yep.
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l239/eppy12/200520ButterChurn.jpg HA HA I work right across the street. Which one are you? Oh wait....no comments allowed! :mad: :p

pirate4state
02-07-2008, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Sorry....feel free to delete my trash too!!

I forgot this was supposed to be a no comment thread!!:doh:

Meh, I have enough votes to not care anymore. ;)

kepdawg
02-07-2008, 05:50 PM
You really want my honest opinion? :thinking: Of course you don't! :rolleyes:

Emerson1
02-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Yes if you notice it right off the back.

No if they are smart enough to go unnoticed for hundreds of post.

pirate4state
02-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
You really want my honest opinion? :thinking: Of course you don't! :rolleyes: I already know what your honest opinion is!