PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood Lions be scared

Old Tiger
02-06-2008, 10:16 PM
I just signed up for your message boards.

:evilgrin: :evil: :devil:

BwdLion_80
02-06-2008, 10:40 PM
Just a little advance warning, I am a moderator over there.:eek: :D

Old Tiger
02-06-2008, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
Just a little advance warning, I am a moderator over there.:eek: :D :(

Old Green
02-06-2008, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
:( Ha Ha !:p :D

pirate4state
02-06-2008, 11:28 PM
Just a little advance warning, I am a moderator over there.:eek: :D heehee :clap:

LH Panther Mom
02-06-2008, 11:37 PM
Just a little advance warning, I am a moderator over there.:eek: :D
What's the over/under here for 2 weeks? :devil: ;)

ILS1
02-07-2008, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
What's the over/under here for 2 weeks? :devil: ;)

I'll take the under!!!!

:D :D :D

Sweetwater Red
02-07-2008, 09:12 AM

They'll just chew you up and spit you out over there like we do here.:thinking: :D :devil:

Lion_Addict
02-07-2008, 10:28 AM

Don't think anybody will be scared. We've had plenty of the "scary" posters come over to the "Lions Den", i.e. Stephenville, Waco, Copperas Cove, Ennis, etc. The same rules apply there as I'm sure they do here. It's all in fun. We are just fans. We all just have to remember the kids that pour their hearts out on that field, along with the blood, sweat & tears....read the stuff on these sites. They should all be shown respect for that and not singled out.
I think "Rocket" & "BwdLion_80" welcome any & all who want to post on the site. We have alot of good folks on the site.....but be forewarned, they are very passionate about Brownwood Lion football and will strike if attacked.....:D

Old Tiger
02-07-2008, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
They'll just chew you up and spit you out over there like we do here.:thinking: :D :devil: Do yall? I prove a lot of you guys wrong over in west texas ;):p

Sweetwater Red
02-07-2008, 11:26 AM
Do yall? I prove a lot of you guys wrong over in west texas ;):p

If by West Texas you mean Snyder then yes that is true. :devil:

marler1972
02-07-2008, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Don't think anybody will be scared. We've had plenty of the "scary" posters come over to the "Lions Den", i.e. Stephenville, Waco, Copperas Cove, Ennis, etc. The same rules apply there as I'm sure they do here. It's all in fun. We are just fans. We all just have to remember the kids that pour their hearts out on that field, along with the blood, sweat & tears....read the stuff on these sites. They should all be shown respect for that and not singled out.
I think "Rocket" & "BwdLion_80" welcome any & all who want to post on the site. We have alot of good folks on the site.....but be forewarned, they are very passionate about Brownwood Lion football and will strike if attacked.....:D

The Rocket is a push over!!

Old Tiger
02-07-2008, 11:30 AM
If by West Texas you mean Snyder then yes that is true. :devil: :D

DaHop72
02-07-2008, 11:32 AM
If by West Texas you mean Snyder then yes that is true. :devil: Now now Red, just how far did the Mustangs get?:thinking: That's what I thought.:hand:

Oh and by the way, our head coaching isn't inteviewing for other jobs.:devil: :devil: Maybe the new district is going to be a litttle "hot" for the Mustangs.:doh:

Old Tiger
02-07-2008, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Now now Red, just how far did the Mustangs get?:thinking: That's what I thought.:hand:

Oh and by the way, our head coaching isn't inteviewing for other jobs.:devil: :devil: Maybe the new district is going to be a litttle "hot" for the Mustangs.:doh: :eek: :eek:

Rick that was mean! Please apoogize to sweetwater red. :(

DaHop72
02-07-2008, 11:41 AM

Rick that was mean! Please apoogize to sweetwater red. :( :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

:dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:

:devil: :devil: :devil:

Sweetwater Red
02-07-2008, 11:45 AM
Now now Red, just how far did the Mustangs get?:thinking: That's what I thought.:hand:

Oh and by the way, our head coaching isn't inteviewing for other jobs.:devil: :devil: Maybe the new district is going to be a litttle "hot" for the Mustangs.:doh:

Don't hate me because Snyder, Graham, and Breckenridge are
going to be playing to see who comes closest to missing the
playoffs.:thinking: :D

BwdLion_80
02-07-2008, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by marler1972
The Rocket is a push over!!

I am the one that tolerates less than Rocket!;)

Actually I tend not to talk trash at all. Rocket, on the other hand, can be very good at it!:clap:

I would just rather ban any problems, it saves a lot of time and typing.:p

Lion_Addict
02-07-2008, 12:51 PM
I am the one that tolerates less than Rocket!;)

Actually I tend not to talk trash at all. Rocket, on the other hand, can be very good at it!:clap:

I would just rather ban any problems, it saves a lot of time and typing.:p

I was just gonna keep quiet on this one. I found that comment kinda comical..."Rocket is a pushover" :thinking:. I'm sure he'll find out otherwise soon ;)....poor feller.

Rocket
02-07-2008, 01:31 PM
Don't worry about Marler... He is in my fantasy football league... I will handle him like I do in fantasy football...

Looking forward to introducing him to Brownwood Football this season in the Semi's, if Celina can make it that far...

Sweetwater Red
02-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Rocket

Looking forward to introducing him to Brownwood Football this season in the Semi's, if Celina can make it that far...

Me & you sure are going to have some fun come August.:thinking:

Or should that have been You & I....?:confused: :D

Texasfootball2
02-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Don't worry about Marler... He is in my fantasy football league... I will handle him like I do in fantasy football...

This is REALLY going to be interesting, and something tells me it's only going to get better!!!!! :thumbsup:

Lion_Addict
02-07-2008, 01:59 PM
I just don't know how I'm gonna get any work done.....I'm already getting addicted to this place! HELP ME!!!!!!:doh: :doh: :doh:

Sweetwater Red
02-07-2008, 02:12 PM
I just don't know how I'm gonna get any work done.....I'm already getting addicted to this place! HELP ME!!!!!!:doh: :doh: :doh:

Don't ask for help now. You're gonna need all you can get when ya'll play Snyder for for third place next season.:thinking:

pirate4state
02-07-2008, 02:15 PM
I would just rather ban any problems, it saves a lot of time and typing.:p I knew I liked you!! :D

Lion_Addict
02-07-2008, 02:43 PM
Don't ask for help now. You're gonna need all you can get when ya'll play Snyder for for third place next season.:thinking:

Now that's funny right there....:hand:. Ya'll aren't gonna have a prayer my lil RED friend. You just thought this past year's whipping we handed ya'll was bad.... :p. Get ready for even more of the same this season. 3rd? HA HA HA HA!:D

BwdLion_80
02-07-2008, 02:46 PM

Play Snyder for 3rd.:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: Do you really think that the Lions will be playing Snyder for 3rd? That means you must realize that Sweetwater will be playing Breck for 5th, cause Sweetwater might come a little closer than the 55-7 whipping we put on them last year, but it won't be all the close, and if they cannot beat Brownwood they cannot get into 1st or 2nd.:D :D :D

DaHop72
02-07-2008, 02:49 PM
Play Snyder for 3rd.:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: Do you really think that the Lions will be playing Snyder for 3rd? That means you must realize that Sweetwater will be playing Breck for 5th http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

Sorry Red, I think you have you hands full.
:devil:

BwdLion_80
02-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Dang it, this stuff is contagious! Truthfully, I don't normally talk trash and see what I have gone and done.:eek: :eek: :eek: :cool:

pirate4state
02-07-2008, 02:52 PM
Play Snyder for 3rd.:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: Do you really think that the Lions will be playing Snyder for 3rd? That means you must realize that Sweetwater will be playing Breck for 5th, cause Sweetwater might come a little closer than the 55-7 whipping we put on them last year, but it won't be all the close, and if they cannot beat Brownwood they cannot get into 1st or 2nd.:D :D :D

Actually I tend not to talk trash at all.

:D :D :D

Sweetwater Red
02-07-2008, 02:57 PM
Now that's funny right there....:hand:. Ya'll aren't gonna have a prayer my lil RED friend. You just thought this past year's whipping we handed ya'll was bad.... :p. Get ready for even more of the same this season. 3rd? HA HA HA HA!:D

I've got a bag full of excuses as to why we lost so bad last year.
Care to hear any of them?:D

BwdLion_80
02-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
This is REALLY going to be interesting, and something tells me it's only going to get better!!!!! :thumbsup:

This is already way better than we have had it in the past. Waco usually had 1 or 2 posters that talked it up, Waco U. had none, zero, zilch. Cove had a few, but they were not as knowledgeable as they thought they were, Waco Midway had a couple too and Killeen only had an asst. coach that got on our board, poor Alfred.

Now we have a whole new world of football fanatics to help entertain us. It is going to be a fun 2 years.:clap: :clap: :clap:

LH Panther Mom
02-07-2008, 03:01 PM
This is already way better than we have had it in the past. Waco usually had 1 or 2 posters that talked it up, Waco U. had none, zero, zilch. Cove had a few, but they were not as knowledgeable as they thought they were, Waco Midway had a couple too and Killeen only had an asst. coach that got on our board, poor Alfred.

Now we have a whole new world of football fanatics to help entertain us. It is going to be a fun 2 years.:clap: :clap: :clap:
You ain't seen nothing yet. Just wait until Week 3. :eek: :eek: :devil: ;)

Rocket
02-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Honestly, after driving 3 hours to watch Brownwood incinerate Sweetwater, I was sick to my stomach... It was like watching those Air Force videos of the helpless Iraqi Soldiers walking and the pilot using their hi-tech missle guidance system and then boom! Seriously, it was like they brought their 8th Grade B Team to town... the QB was running around like he was playing tackle the man with the football and passing was illegal... and then they would basically throw us the football instead of getting hit anymore (it reminded me of the scene on the Waterboy when Bobby gets the ball and throws it to the other team (except they wouldn't tackle us after they gave us the ball). I lost a ton of respct for Sweetwater after watching that. Wow...

Sweetwater Red
02-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Honestly, after driving 3 hours to watch Brownwood incinerate Sweetwater, I was sick to my stomach... It was like watching those Air Force videos of the helpless Iraqi Soldiers walking and the pilot using their hi-tech missle guidance system and then boom! Seriously, it was like they brought their 8th Grade B Team to town... the QB was running around like he was playing tackle the man with the football and passing was illegal... and then they would basically throw us the football instead of getting hit anymore (it reminded me of the scene on the Waterboy when Bobby gets the ball and throws it to the other team (except they wouldn't tackle us after they gave us the ball). I lost a ton of respct for Sweetwater after watching that. Wow...

That's ALMOST as bad as fighting back from 14 points down only
to lose by a last second (literally) FG isn't it?:thinking:

Sweetwater Red
02-07-2008, 03:22 PM
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

Sorry Red, I think you have you hands full.
:devil:

I ain't skeered of none of these Brownwoodeners(?).:D

Ranger Mom
02-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Me & you sure are going to have some fun come August.:thinking:

Or should that have been You & I....?:confused: :D

You and I!!:nerd:

Texasfootball2
02-07-2008, 03:35 PM
Okay, I'm going to officially declare that Sweetwater/Brownwood have become the early favorites to start World War Three in the trash talking catagory.

WOW, and it's only Feb. 7 too. Wait until the Vernon and Liberty Hill posters awake from their coma's!:foul:

75009Football
02-07-2008, 03:35 PM

So, who is considered the "Arkansas" of the "Little Southwest Conference"?????

Were all dieing to know

AP Panther Fan
02-07-2008, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
You and I!!:nerd:

When I can't remember, I just say "we"...I know, I know, it's the easy way out.;)

I have a feeling that many of us "elsewhere" in the state are going to know alot more about District 2 than we did before. Hard to imagine, isn't it?:D

Rocket
02-07-2008, 03:48 PM
That's ALMOST as bad as fighting back from 14 points down only
to lose by a last second (literally) FG isn't it?:thinking:

You are telling me that 55-7 butt whooping of an 8th Grade B Team is as bad as losing by 3? ummm, no..nice try, though... You won't ever have a team anytime soon as good as that '06 team... sad but true... and it took everything ya'll had to beat us at your house and we had a Sophomore QB and no legitimate RB and young defense... give me a break.

Rocket
02-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Marler? What is your affiliation with Celina? You aren't from there are you? Are you a lifelong fan of Celina or a bandwagoneer? HA HA

Old Tiger
02-07-2008, 03:55 PM
I can't wait till week 3 when LH puts it on Bwood and i talk it up at the M&G at halftime :D

Ranger Mom
02-07-2008, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
When I can't remember, I just say "we"...I know, I know, it's the easy way out.;)

I have a feeling that many of us "elsewhere" in the state are going to know alot more about District 2 than we did before. Hard to imagine, isn't it?:D

Yeah...it is! Especially considering that Distrist 2-3A didn't even HAVE a football team in it the last 2 seasons!

Sweetwater Red
02-07-2008, 03:58 PM
You are telling me that 55-7 butt whooping of an 8th Grade B Team is as bad as losing by 3? ummm, no..nice try, though... You won't ever have a team anytime soon as good as that '06 team... sad but true... and it took everything ya'll had to beat us at your house with a Sophomore QB and no legitimate RB... give me a break.

You beat a team that had no less than 6 sophomores and 2
freshman starters. Including the the QB. Our starting QB got
injured before the season even started. That was only the
second varsity game for most of those kids on the field. We
flat out couldn't block on the O-line or hold on to the ball.
Turnovers killed us all year. That game was valuable experience
for the starters that are returning this year. If you don't
execute against a quality opponent, you get drilled as we did.

Keep in mind, the out come of last year's game, doesn't mean
this year's will end the same.

Rocket
02-07-2008, 04:25 PM
Really? You mean last year's final score doesn't mean anything to this year's? Thanks for the heads up... My point is this... it was an embarrasment for me to have to sit there and watch that kind of football being played by a Varsity team. I could careless how many starters were soph's... it was shockingly bad.... I mean "head coach being fired right after the game" bad...I know Sweetwater HOPEFULLY will be able to make the game somewhat competitive this year... the jury is still out...

My other point is that the year you guys beat us by a field goal at your stadium was the year we had a soph QB and NO running game or established RB... and we still made a game of it... ;)

Sweetwater Red
02-07-2008, 05:10 PM
Really? You mean last year's final score doesn't mean anything to this year's? Thanks for the heads up... My point is this... it was an embarrasment for me to have to sit there and watch that kind of football being played by a Varsity team. I could careless how many starters were soph's... it was shockingly bad.... I mean "head coach being fired right after the game" bad...I know Sweetwater HOPEFULLY will be able to make the game somewhat competitive this year... the jury is still out...

My other point is that the year you guys beat us by a field goal at your stadium was the year we had a soph QB and NO running game or established RB... and we still made a game of it... ;)

You know how many times I've traveled expecting a good game
only to see our starters not even sniff the field in the second
half? I knew last year was going to be tough. I didn't even go
to Brownwood because I knew that was going to be 240 miles
just to see us get smoked. I am a heck of alot more enthusiastic
about this year than I was last year.

What ya'll better hope is that if Coach Jackson returns to his
roots, Coach Freeman (who I played for and was my world history
teacher) doesn't want to return to his.:thinking:

Okay that last part was a pipe dream.:D

marler1972
02-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Marler? What is your affiliation with Celina? You aren't from there are you? Are you a lifelong fan of Celina or a bandwagoneer? HA HA

No, I am not from there but I moved up here a few years my son is moving here next year. I have followed Celina for many years and no I am not a bandwagoner. lol

marler1972
02-07-2008, 05:15 PM

You do not handle me in Fantasy I had a bad year and still got 3rd. Brownwood may not even make it out of district. Remember in 3a they do not let 4 team in the playoffs. LOL ;)

Rocket
02-07-2008, 05:34 PM
We know Celina will make it out of District... I mean all those powerhouses you have to play... nothing new to Brownwood to have to earn it... when we meet up with Celina you guys will be just another team...

You followed Celina for many years? Riiiiiiiight.... Does many=3? What happened to your Richardson Eagles? At least I went to Brownwood... you sure do smell like one of them there bandwagoneers... LOL

Bad year in fantasy? Listen to these players... Terrell Owens, LT, Larry Fitzgerald, Tony Gonzales, Green Bay and Colts Defense, and Edgerrin James? Yeah, horrible year there buddy... ha ha

marler1972
02-07-2008, 05:39 PM
We will not talk about Richardson. They have no athletes there anymore the last coach was horrible. Hey when I played there we were pretty good. Tell that fat guy you work with to be quiet. lol

Look at how many free agents I picked up the only person that had less was Deron. I will be back on top of the league next year I have one trade that in the works that may put me over the top.

Rocket
02-07-2008, 05:53 PM
You are blaming your lack of free agents on me? Pick them up. We have waiver rules. That is all up to you. I had 8 moves and had the most points scored in the league BY DRAFTED PLAYERS. You had 5 moves. Wow, you showed me! I whooped your butt. Foreshadowing...

Sweetwater Red
02-07-2008, 05:54 PM
You are blaming your lack of free agents on me? Pick them up. We have waiver rules. That is all up to you. I had 8 moves and had the most points scored in the league BY DRAFTED PLAYERS. You had 5 moves. Wow, you showed me! I whooped your butt. Foreshadowing...

Can I play?:(

nobogey72
02-07-2008, 06:05 PM
Normally I like it when there are threads that are not ragging on Wylie about something but this one bothers me. I feel like we are being left out. Somebody say something ugly about Wylie , please....... Come one, anything! I'm kind of jealous of this whole new BROWNWOOD thing. Everything has to be all about Brownwood. Hey, we're Wylie. Remember us. We cheat on enrollment, we are all rich, pay the refs, take steroids.:D :D :D

Actually it's kind of fun being on the sidelines of this. But, just so you know, I'm just saving all my good stuff for the first Brownwood poster that pops off. Don't make me do it. Just keep talking about Sweetwater and Snyder. Don't make me bring out my A game. It's only Feb. I don't want to peak too early.:mad: :mad:

BILLYFRED0000
02-07-2008, 06:25 PM
We know Celina will make it out of District... I mean all those powerhouses you have to play... nothing new to Brownwood to have to earn it... when we meet up with Celina you guys will be just another team...

You followed Celina for many years? Riiiiiiiight.... Does many=3? What happened to your Richardson Eagles? At least I went to Brownwood... you sure do smell like one of them there bandwagoneers... LOL

Bad year in fantasy? Listen to these players... Terrell Owens, LT, Larry Fitzgerald, Tony Gonzales, Green Bay and Colts Defense, and Edgerrin James? Yeah, horrible year there buddy... ha ha

Making it out of district is no big deal. What you need to look at is how many times to the finals since o say 98. 7 trips 6 titles. and we have only lost 5 games since the streak began in 98. I used to have the number but it is somethin like 140 - 5.

Rocket
02-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Easy to keep accolades rolling in when YOU HAVEN"T PLAYED ANYBODY.

Wylie? Pretty good team... Well, when we aren't using them for tackling dummies in scrimmages or games (oh man).

BEAST
02-07-2008, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Normally I like it when there are threads that are not ragging on Wylie about something but this one bothers me. I feel like we are being left out. Somebody say something ugly about Wylie , please....... Come one, anything! I'm kind of jealous of this whole new BROWNWOOD thing. Everything has to be all about Brownwood. Hey, we're Wylie. Remember us. We cheat on enrollment, we are all rich, pay the refs, take steroids.:D :D :D

Actually it's kind of fun being on the sidelines of this. But, just so you know, I'm just saving all my good stuff for the first Brownwood poster that pops off. Don't make me do it. Just keep talking about Sweetwater and Snyder. Don't make me bring out my A game. It's only Feb. I don't want to peak too early.:mad: :mad:

Typical of Wylie people, they always think everything revolves around them. Hope yall enjoyed your district championship this year. It will be your last for atleast 2 years. Go ahead and engrave Brownwood on the district trophy.

BEAST

Rocket
02-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Well hello there BEAST...was wondering when you were going to get here.. open season...

BEAST
02-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Well hello there BEAST...was wondering when you were going to get here.. open season...

Been waiting for just the right time to make an entrance.

BEAST

Phantom Stang
02-07-2008, 08:34 PM
You know how many times I've traveled expecting a good game
only to see our starters not even sniff the field in the second
half? I knew last year was going to be tough. I didn't even go
to Brownwood because I knew that was going to be 240 miles
just to see us get smoked. I am a heck of alot more enthusiastic
about this year than I was last year.

What ya'll better hope is that if Coach Jackson returns to his
roots, Coach Freeman (who I played for and was my world history
teacher) doesn't want to return to his.:thinking:

Okay that last part was a pipe dream.:D
Maybe it's not that much of a pipe dream. I have no way of knowing what coach Freeman would actually do, but as I recall, W. T. Stapler left a great job in Conroe, to come to Sweetwater so he could be closer to his home town of Hamlin. That goes to show that anything can happen.;)

BEAST
02-07-2008, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Maybe it's not that much of a pipe dream. I have no way of knowing what coach Freeman would actually do, but as I recall, W. T. Stapler left a great job in Conroe, to come to Sweetwater so he could be closer to his home town of Hamlin. That goes to show that anything can happen.;)

Dream on parder. He just basically rebuilt their lakehouse for them to live in. He aint leaving any time soon. And if he did, Sweetwater?

Phantom Stang
02-07-2008, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Dream on parder. He just basically rebuilt their lakehouse for them to live in. He aint leaving any time soon. And if he did, Sweetwater?
Why would I dream? Sweetwater's ahead in the series since Freeman's been at Brownwood. As a matter of fact, I don't want to see Jackson go. I was just illustrating that you can never anticipate when a high school coach will decide to move on, or his reasoning for taking his next job.

Rocket
02-07-2008, 11:32 PM
So tell me, how many times do you have to read that "Sweetwater is good" before you actually start believing it? And the Flintstones? Come on now..

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-07-2008, 11:40 PM
So tell me, how many times do you have to read that "Sweetwater is good" before you actually start believing it? And the Flintstones? Come on now..

The "Sweetwater is good" is a long time joke on here. I do however believe it. I won't hate on the Flintstones either.

My dad graduated from Brownwood and I graduated from Sweetwater so I'm all screwed up in the head when it comes to this stuff.

pirate4state
02-07-2008, 11:52 PM
Don't mess with "Sweetwater IS Good" --- that's classic DL stuff right there

44INAROW
02-07-2008, 11:59 PM
what's wrong with having a Soph QB?

Snyder_TigerFan
02-08-2008, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by BEAST

:clap: :clap: :D

Rocket
02-08-2008, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
what's wrong with having a Soph QB?

Wouldyou rather have a Senior QB or a Soph QB playing in the 2nd game of their Varsity career, 1 year removed from Freshman Football... think about it..

Sweetwater Red
02-08-2008, 09:06 AM
Wouldyou rather have a Senior QB or a Soph QB playing in the 2nd game of their Varsity career, 1 year removed from Freshman Football... think about it..

Another level? Puh-lease. Sweetwater is like 14-2 against 4A
teams since dropping to 3A. You just said it didn't matter how
many sophomores are on a team. Now you're saying your QB was only a sophomore.:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Texasfootball2
02-08-2008, 09:07 AM

If he's the best man on campus for the job, then the alternative doesn't seem to be any better. I'll take the job Case Keenum did for Wylie as a Soph. over 98% of the seniors I've seen play in the last few years. I'm assuming your talking about the QB you presently have who's name I can neither spell nor pronounce properly.

Sweetwater Red
02-08-2008, 09:14 AM
If he's the best man on campus for the job, then the alternative doesn't seem to be any better. I'll take the job Case Keenum did for Wylie as a Soph. over 98% of the seniors I've seen play in the last few years. I'm assuming your talking about the QB you presently have who's name I can neither spell nor pronounce properly.

I can name two guys that started as sophomores and did well
for Sweetwater. Andrew Boatright was starter in the middle of
our 40 straight regular season wins and Mychal Carillo was a
ridiculous playmaker that embarrassed defenders at times.

Texasfootball2
02-08-2008, 09:15 AM
I can name two guys that started as sophomores and did well
for Sweetwater. Andrew Boatright was starter in the middle of
our 40 straight regular season wins and Mychal Carillo was a
ridiculous playmaker that embarrassed defenders at times.

"CARILLO":foul: I still have nightmares about that guy.

Old Green
02-08-2008, 09:19 AM
Wouldyou rather have a Senior QB or a Soph QB playing in the 2nd game of their Varsity career, 1 year removed from Freshman Football... think about it.. Gobblers did pretty good this year with a sophomore QB. Threw for 2500 yards , 28 Tds. ,and only 3 ints. He was the best man for the job.

Sweetwater Red
02-08-2008, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
Gobblers did pretty good this year with a sophomore QB. Threw for 2500 yards , 28 Tds. ,and only 3 ints. He was the best man for the job.

Do you have his parents phone number?:thinking: :D :devil:

Sweetwater Red
02-08-2008, 09:23 AM
"CARILLO":foul: I still have nightmares about that guy.

Ditto Case Keenum. On game day I would think to myself..."I
wonder what the chances are that Keenum missed the team bus?":D

44INAROW
02-08-2008, 09:24 AM

I thought about it - I'll take our Soph QB over 99% of the Senior QB's we played against this year

DaHop72
02-08-2008, 09:27 AM
wonder what the chances are that Keenum missed the team bus?":D No kidding, what a gamer he was.:clap: :clap:

Old Green
02-08-2008, 09:29 AM
Do you have his parents phone number?:thinking: :D :devil: I'll give it to you for $1,000,000 paid up front. You can trust me.:devil: :D

Texasfootball2
02-08-2008, 09:33 AM
wonder what the chances are that Keenum missed the team bus?":D

Rumor has it that Case Keenum DROVE the bus:D He was absolutley worth the price of admission. But I got to tell, your boy Corillo was pretty entertaining to watch.

Sweetwater Red
02-08-2008, 09:42 AM
Rumor has it that Case Keenum DROVE the bus:D He was absolutley worth the price of admission. But I got to tell, your boy Corillo was pretty entertaining to watch.

One thing about both of them was you thought they were
going to get tackled for a five yard loss and next thing you know
they're thirty or forty yards down field headed for the end zone.

SpeedOption
02-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Pretty funny stuff here.

Runnin Panther
02-08-2008, 11:32 AM

Don’t want to rain on Rocket’s parade since he’s new to the 3ADL but you sure do seem confident about making it to Celina. But I think you have forgotten one HUGE obstacle, remember that little town outside of Austin called Liberty Hill? I guess we will have to wait and see how confident you are after week 3.

Rocket
02-08-2008, 11:42 AM
What does liberty hill have to do with us playing celina? Also, I have seen Brownwood teams inch into the playoffs and go 4-5 rounds deep (2002, 2006). Trust me, liberty hill will be a great game, but we will go in as the favorites. Don't you for one second think that since you are LAST YEAR's state champs that the Lions will be scared or just allow you to win. Are you upset because I am not paying homage to the panthers? ha ha... liberty hill is a wanna be until I see proof otherwise. We will see after Week 3 if they are worth a crap... also, it's funny how we are so eager to play liberty hill? you would think with all the HYPE around them that we would steer clear of them, I mean they are the best thing to happen to football, right? give me a break... How long have you been a powerhouse team? We are going to swallow your team whole... The jury is still out for liberty hill, program or flash in the pan? Look for Brownwood to make liberty hill our statement game to let the rest of the 3A world know we are here and the exact implications of us dropping...

And another thing... if Liberty Hill is King of 3A then how come Brownwood is going to be the first and only 3A Team to ever play in the Dave Campbell's Texas Football Classic? hmmm... we start out the season in a big atmosphere....nothing new for the Brownwood Lions...

Texasfootball2
02-08-2008, 11:59 AM
What does liberty hill have to do with us playing celina? Also, I have seen Brownwood teams inch into the playoffs and go 4-5 rounds deep (2002, 2006). Trust me, liberty hill will be a great game, but we will go in as the favorites. Don't you for one second think that since you are LAST YEAR's state champs that the Lions will be scared or just allow you to win. Are you upset because I am not paying homage to the panthers? ha ha... liberty hill is a wanna be until I see proof otherwise. We will see after Week 3 if they are worth a crap... also, it's funny how we are so eager to play liberty hill? you would think with all the HYPE around them that we would steer clear of them, I mean they are the best thing to happen to football, right? give me a break... How long have you been a powerhouse team? We are going to swallow your team whole... The jury is still out for liberty hill, program or flash in the pan? Look for Brownwood to make liberty hill our statement game to let the rest of the 3A world know we are here and the exact implications of us dropping...

And another thing... if Liberty Hill is King of 3A then how come Brownwood is going to be the first and only 3A Team to ever play in the Dave Campbell's Texas Football Classic? hmmm... we start out the season in a big atmosphere....nothing new for the Brownwood Lions...

I believe it is officially ON NOW!:thumbsup:

DDBooger
02-08-2008, 11:59 AM

And another thing... if Liberty Hill is King of 3A then how come Brownwood is going to be the first and only 3A Team to ever play in the Dave Campbell's Texas Football Classic? hmmm... we start out the season in a big atmosphere....nothing new for the Brownwood Lions... DAYUUUUM! :clap: at least he isn't kissing butt! lol:p

marler1972
02-08-2008, 12:02 PM

OH MY FREAKING GOD DID YOU JUDT REALLY SAY ALL THAT?

Rocket
02-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Here is something else for you to chew on...

Brownwood Lions from 1947-2007...
Wins: 633
Losses: 320
Ties: 29
Winning Percentage: 66%

Not bad for the last 60 years...

Show me liberty hill's numbers? wanna be..

Sweetwater Red
02-08-2008, 12:16 PM

Uh...Rocket...see below....:thinking:

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78015

pirate4state
02-08-2008, 12:18 PM
HAHAHA

classic

Rocket
02-08-2008, 12:23 PM
Uh...Rocket...see below....:thinking:

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78015

What about it? I was talking to Liberty Hill... not you... I know you guys got some history..

44INAROW
02-08-2008, 12:25 PM
wow - where is Rundoe when you need him?:D :D :D

Ranger Mom
02-08-2008, 12:26 PM

Oh Lordy!!!!:eek: :eek:

44INAROW
02-08-2008, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Oh Lordy!!!!:eek: :eek:

:D :D :D :D :D :nerd: :nerd: It's Friday - figured "go for broke" :p

Sweetwater Red
02-08-2008, 12:34 PM

Isn't he a she?:thinking: :devil:

44INAROW
02-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Isn't he a she?:thinking: :devil:

you know, I just assumed he was a he - but I could be wrong.. (dang, almost went all week without making a mistake :D )

Phantom Stang
02-08-2008, 12:41 PM
You don't like the Flintstones?:confused:

Is this better?:D

SWEETWATER IS
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/2918/movingbreastfq4yc0.gif
GOOD!!!!

Txbroadcaster
02-08-2008, 12:48 PM

Only numbers that matters in the PRESENT day is LH..Two Time defending State Champs

What any team did back in the Nixon administration matters ZERO here in the present day

Ranger Mom
02-08-2008, 12:51 PM
you know, I just assumed he was a he - but I could be wrong.. (dang, almost went all week without making a mistake :D )

He is a he.....I have met him twice!!

BwdLion_80
02-08-2008, 12:51 PM

SWEETWATER IS

GOOD!!!!

I have to admit, this is WAY better than the flintstones!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Rocket
02-08-2008, 12:58 PM
No you are talking about temporary bragging rights and I will give you that but once your little run is over and you are 1 year removed from yours you are in the past like all of us.

Sweetwater Red
02-08-2008, 01:03 PM

There was a thread a while back where some of the poster's
gender was in confusion. I had always thought Rundoe was
a female because of the "doe" in rundoe. It turns out that that
is his Indian name. I was kinda making a joke that he or the
people that remember that thread would have gotten.:doh:

Sweetwater Red
02-08-2008, 01:06 PM

SWEETWATER IS
GOOD!!!!

Damn dude! You need to prepare people when you put something like
that on here. I scrolled down to it just as a co-worker came by.
He came over here to talk about the Pistons game tonight and
totally lost his train of thought as soon as he saw that/those.:D

Phantom Stang
02-08-2008, 01:24 PM
That was my sig on another site for a while. I voluntarily took it down because someone's (male:eek: )boss saw it and didn't approve.

However, I thought it might help to lighten up the Brownwood folks a bit.:D

Lion_Addict
02-08-2008, 01:31 PM
That was my sig on another site for a while. I voluntarily took it down because someone's (male:eek: )boss saw it and didn't approve.

Lighten up? Dangit man, I had something to say (type) and totally lost my train of thought! What was everybody talking about? Now I can't stop scrolling back up!!!!

Sweetwater Red
02-08-2008, 01:32 PM

Oh! I ain't complaining. I'm just saying.

As my co-worker stated,"Man. I could stare at those all day.":D

Ranger Mom
02-08-2008, 01:33 PM

LOL!!! I think he was just shocked!!

This is the same boss who has pictures of "boobies" in his office...they just don't move!!!

lion75
02-08-2008, 01:50 PM
I can't wait till week 3 when LH puts it on Bwood and i talk it up at the M&G at halftime :D Do you have a sudden interest in Region 1 football?

Sweetwater Red
02-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by lion75
Do you have a sudden interest in Region 1 football?

I think it's a case of...If you can't beat 'em join 'em.:thinking: :devil:

Looking4number8
02-08-2008, 02:57 PM

SWEETWATER IS
GOOD!!!!

WOW... Stop posting things like that.. I do not want to agree with anything a Sweetwater fan has to say or post .. Now every time I think Sweetwater, I think about these!!! That is just not right.... Please stop the attempt to make me a fan of the Red!

nobogey72
02-08-2008, 03:05 PM
There was a thread a while back where some of the poster's
gender was in confusion. I had always thought Rundoe was
a female because of the "doe" in rundoe. It turns out that that
is his Indian name. I was kinda making a joke that he or the
people that remember that thread would have gotten.:doh:

My wife's Indian name is Saggingbutt. It's not funny!:doh:

nobogey72
02-08-2008, 03:08 PM

My wife's may not be that big..... but they are way longer.:inlove:

firstcat
02-08-2008, 03:12 PM
No you are talking about temporary bragging rights and I will give you that but once your little run is over and you are 1 year removed from yours you are in the past like all of us.

One thing you need to think about, Rocket, before you sputter off into outerspace....
to BE the BEST you have to BEAT the BEST.....and that is us.
Until then....you go ahead and talk the talk. We'll be down here in God's Country...Walkin' the Walk.

Runnin Panther
02-08-2008, 03:14 PM

Sorry I’ve been away from my computer I would have liked to have replied real time.

You were the one who said that Brownwood would be meeting Celina in the semi-finals, I just pointed out that you will have to go through us to get to Celina and you can bet we are not scared of you.

It’s true that LH has not been world beater the last 20 plus years, I did not argue that, but we have been pretty stout the last 5 years. I really don’t care how good you guys have been in the past what I care about is how good you will be this coming year. I can promise you LH will be really good. I not going to sit here and guarantee another State Championship, that would be silly of anybody, but I can guarantee that we will have the talent and ability to make another run at it.

Old Green
02-08-2008, 03:18 PM

And another thing... if Liberty Hill is King of 3A then how come Brownwood is going to be the first and only 3A Team to ever play in the Dave Campbell's Texas Football Classic? hmmm... we start out the season in a big atmosphere....nothing new for the Brownwood Lions... I'm enjoying ya'lls banter. Good stuff here,but I have to correct you on one thing.

La Grange was the First 3A school to play in the Dave Campbell Classic. It was in 2001. Played against Bay City:thumbsup:

44INAROW
02-08-2008, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
I'm enjoying ya'll banter. Good stuff here,but I have to correct you one thing.

La Grange was the First 3A school to play in the Dave Campbell Classic. It was in 2001.:thumbsup:

touche';)

firstcat
02-08-2008, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Runnin Panther
Sorry I’ve been away from my computer I would have liked to have replied real time.

You were the one who said that Brownwood would be meeting Celina in the semi-finals, I just pointed out that you will have to go through us to get to Celina and you can bet we are not scared of you.

It’s true that LH has not been world beater the last 20 plus years, I did not argue that, but we have been pretty stout the last 5 years. I really don’t care how good you guys have been in the past what I care about is how good you will be this coming year. I can promise you LH will be really good. I not going to sit here and guarantee another State Championship, that would be silly of anybody, but I can guarantee that we will have the talent and ability to make another run at it.

Hey, RP! I'll even go a step further...LH will be as good or better than ever...now whether that takes us to the State Championship again, will depend on how everyone else measures up...but so far, I'm not worried.

And ROCKET:
As for the "wannabe" comment pointed at the Panthers....what else is there for us to want to be?
Let me check the list:
-Division 2 State Champs - check
-Division 1 State Champs - check
-Perfect Season - check
....oh yeah, your right, now I have one more thing I wannabe doing...
-kicking the crap out of Brownwood if they ever get the misfortune to play us - ___ (can you say c-h-e-c-k???)

Rocket
02-08-2008, 03:28 PM

I really don't care about what you did last year. The past is the past right? But I will echo your statement, we will also have the talent and ability to make a run at it. To correct you, we do not have to go through you to play Celina... our little game with you has nothing to do with being in the Semifinals... we are probably going DII, because Wylie has more enrollment. So Week 3 is probably our only game next season..weirder things have happened though.

Don't be mad if you get ranked behind Brownwood in the pre-season polls...which could happen...and probably will.

CHECK

firstcat
02-08-2008, 03:32 PM
I really don't care about what you did last year. The past is the past right? But I will echo your statement, we will also have the talent and ability to make a run at it. To correct you, we do not have to go through you to play Celina... our little game with you has nothing to do with being in the Semifinals... we are probably going DII, because Wylie has more enrollment. So Week 3 is probably our only game next season..weirder things have happened though.

Don't be mad if you get ranked behind Brownwood in the pre-season polls...which could happen...and probably will.

I don't think with Fredericksburg and Burnet in our district that we would be going D1 again...we are small, and many others in our new district have much larger numbers.

Runnin Panther
02-08-2008, 03:36 PM

Let me correct you Rocket, we WILL be D2 next year, so the only way you don’t go through us is if you are Wylie don't make the playoffs. You have not done you homework, already looks like the advantage is with the Panthers.

LH has not been ranked 1 the last two years, little difference that has made.

Sweetwater Red
02-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Would ya'll please say something negative about Sweetwater? I
wanna jump in and play too.:D

Runnin Panther
02-08-2008, 03:38 PM

SWEETWATER SUCKS again and again and again.

Feel better :D

firstcat
02-08-2008, 03:39 PM

I know what'll make you really hate me, Red.....
I used to live in Snyder!!!!

Runnin Panther
02-08-2008, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by firstcat

firstcat your too good, Rocket has no come back for you.

nobogey72
02-08-2008, 03:46 PM

Rocket,

You were sort of beginning to impress me. But, your stock went way down in my book when you had to mention something about preseason polls. Please tell me that you are not one of THOSE that gives PREseason polls a lot of credibility. (or any other poll for that matter) I thought you were going to be fun to jack with for the next couple of years, until you said that. It's a shame, because I thought you had potential there for a couple of days.:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Txbroadcaster
02-08-2008, 03:47 PM
Wait

Rocket says the past is the past, and does not care about last year, yet was quick to talk about the last 60 years of B-Wood football

Sweetwater Red
02-08-2008, 03:49 PM
SWEETWATER SUCKS again and again and again.

Feel better :D

Yeah! That's better. :thinking:

Man let a team win a couple SC's back to back and they think
they can beat Brownwood or something.:rolleyes: :D

Sweetwater Red
02-08-2008, 03:51 PM

Hey, no problem. You just wanted to move to a town that
actually has a solid football program.:devil:

Sweetwater Red
02-08-2008, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Wait

Rocket says the past is the past, and does not care about last year, yet was quick to talk about the last 60 years of B-Wood football

He did the same thing earlier. He said us having a sophomore
QB didn't mean anything. He later played the same card in defense
of Brownwood's QB.:doh:

firstcat
02-08-2008, 03:54 PM
Hey, no problem. You just wanted to move to a town that
actually has a solid football program.:devil:

Hey! We're going to get along after all! You are so right!!!
You are going to have to lace me up on the rivals in Region 1...we're the new kids on the block....and we don't want to be left sitting on the stoop when it comes to smack talk!

Man, do I look forward to the meet-n-greets this coming season!!!

How about you RP???

Rocket
02-08-2008, 03:54 PM
Firstcat-

I can tell you are genius... not.
We are playing you, Week 3. Welcome to reality.
2nd of all, you did all that without Brownwood being in 3A. New ball game now. I am sure you guys are pretty good and I am sure your State Championships are well deserved, but as far as tradition and winning, you have a LONG WAY TO GO before you are even mentioned in the same breath as Brownwood.

It is like comparing Green Bay and Tampa Bay. Who gets more respect? That is what I mean by wannabe. Win your littel district championships State Championship (D1 or D2) you need to go a little further down the road to be Brownwood.

Good, I am glad you will go D2. That way we can knock off all these so called Champions... ha ha;)

Sweetwater Red
02-08-2008, 03:55 PM
Rocket,

You were sort of beginning to impress me. But, your stock went way down in my book when you had to mention something about preseason polls. Please tell me that you are not one of THOSE that gives PREseason polls a lot of credibility. (or any other poll for that matter) I thought you were going to be fun to jack with for the next couple of years, until you said that. It's a shame, because I thought you had potential there for a couple of days.:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Yep. Something tells me he's one of them. He's going to freak
the first time he sees LHPM's next P.O.O.H poll.:D

Runnin Panther
02-08-2008, 03:56 PM
You are going to have to lace me up on the rivals in Region 1...we're the new kids on the block....and we don't want to be left sitting on the stoop when it comes to smack talk!

How about you RP???

I definitely ready to meet, greet and party Panther style

Rocket
02-08-2008, 03:59 PM
He did the same thing earlier. He said us having a sophomore
QB didn't mean anything. He later played the same card in defense
of Brownwood's QB.:doh:

I downplayed the past and the Soph because you downplayed it. You see when we bring up the past, you say that was a long time ago. But when you bring up your past, it is relevant. That is why I said the past is the past. Also, my argument on the Soph Qb was this. Their (SW) soph QB couldn't execute a play, ours almost beat them at their house in his 2nd start against the best team they have had in the last 3 years. ;)

Twist my words or just be ignorant, your choice.

Rocket
02-08-2008, 04:04 PM
Rocket,

nobogey - please don't take my bringing up the preseason polls as me giving them any credibility. I know as well as you do that they are based on the PAST. Basically, opinions... which is all we have here, right? If he gets upset at my worthless opiniions, what about those that get paid to know something about football!

That's my point on the preseason polls... ;)

Sweetwater Red
02-08-2008, 04:07 PM

How about you RP???

You have the Sweetwater/Snyder/Wylie trio. There is the Graham/
Breckeridge/Vernon trio that seem to play each other pretty
often. Then there is the Decatur/Iowa Park/Bridgeport trio. That's
about it for the region I old timers. District 8 is going to bring
all kinds of new rivalries to region I the next two years.

firstcat
02-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Firstcat-

I can tell you are genius... not.
We are playing you, Week 3. Welcome to reality.
2nd of all, you did all that without Brownwood being in 3A. New ball game now. I am sure you guys are pretty good and I am sure your State Championships are well deserved, but as far as tradition and winning, you have a LONG WAY TO GO before you are even mentioned in the same breath as Brownwood.

It is like comparing Green Bay and Tampa Bay. Who gets more respect? That is what I mean by wannabe. Win your littel district championships State Championship (D1 or D2) you need to go a little further down the road to be Brownwood.

Good, I am glad you will go D2. That way we can knock off all these so called Champions... ha ha;)

Not necessarily a genius...but since I just found out our preseason schedule, you can call me....delayed.

I am sure of what you are sure of...we are definitely pretty good, and we definitely well-deserved our Championships.

As for tradition, one comes before two, and two comes before three...give us time.

Old Tiger
02-08-2008, 04:08 PM
wow this thread is still going. :doh:

Sweetwater Red
02-08-2008, 04:18 PM
wow this thread is still going. :doh:

Totally off topic but yes.:thinking:

pirate4state
02-08-2008, 04:18 PM
You know you like it Casey!

Region I just got a little more heated, if that is even possible with Sweetwater & Snyder in the mix! :eek:

This banter has been great, just be careful not to let it get too personal! Wouldn't want to have to bench anyone. ;)

Old Tiger
02-08-2008, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Region I just got a little more heated, if that is even possible with Sweetwater & Snyder in the mix! :eek:

This banter has been great, just be careful not to let it get too personal! Wouldn't want to have to bench anyone. ;) I stopped reading after the second page.

Sweetwater Red
02-08-2008, 04:25 PM
I stopped reading after the second page.

But it still has Go Blue as the author on the discussion page. :thinking:

Old Tiger
02-08-2008, 04:25 PM
But it still has Go Blue as the author on the discussion page. :thinking: Perhaps.

Phantom Stang
02-08-2008, 04:29 PM
I stopped reading after the second page.
then you missed it

Sweetwater Red
02-08-2008, 04:31 PM
then you missed it

Did you ever!

Phantom did you remove "those" voluntarily?

Phantom Stang
02-08-2008, 04:35 PM
Did you ever!

Phantom did you remove "those" voluntarily?
Not this time. They're still there.

nobogey72
02-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Not this time. They're still there.

Well, Phantom if you happen to know that poor girl personally, have her try some Epson Salt soakings. That will help with the swelling. And, tell her to sit still. That bouncing is only going to aggravate them and make the swelling worse. If none of that works, then have her call me. I have a home remedy that generally works. Call me crazy, but I think I can help her.:cool:

Phantom Stang
02-08-2008, 04:56 PM
Well, Phantom if you happen to know that poor girl personally, have her try some Epson Salt soakings. That will help with the swelling. And, tell her to sit still. That bouncing is only going to aggravate them and make the swelling worse. If none of that works, then have her call me. I have a home remedy that generally works. Call me crazy, but I think I can help her.:cool:
Thanks Nobogey!
I'll take that under "advisement"!:D

LH Panther Mom
02-08-2008, 05:05 PM
Let me correct you Rocket, we WILL be D2 next year, so the only way you don’t go through us is if you are Wylie don't make the playoffs. You have not done you homework, already looks like the advantage is with the Panthers.

LH has not been ranked 1 the last two years, little difference that has made.
Hello.....you forgot one. They might lose before they get that far. :devil:

BwdLion_80
02-08-2008, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

This banter has been great, just be careful not to let it get too personal! Wouldn't want to have to bench anyone. ;)

Yeah, what she said!:clap: :clap: :clap: :D :D

LH Panther Mom
02-08-2008, 05:10 PM
Yep. Something tells me he's one of them. He's going to freak
the first time he sees LHPM's next P.O.O.H poll.:D
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: Is it already that time? Nah....I think I'll wait until folks settle down a bit first. I'd hate to be the cause of any untimely deaths due to heart failure. :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

44INAROW
02-08-2008, 05:19 PM
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: Is it already that time? Nah....I think I'll wait until folks settle down a bit first. I'd hate to be the cause of any untimely deaths due to heart failure. :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:
bout time you decided to show up :p :p :p

LH Panther Mom
02-08-2008, 05:20 PM
bout time you decided to show up :p :p :p
I actually had appointments today. :eek: :eek: ;)

Sweetwater Red
02-08-2008, 05:41 PM

Do it! Do it! We need a pre-pre-preseason poll. Purdy please.:)

Just forget to put Brownwood's name in the hat.:thinking: :devil:

Runnin Panther
02-08-2008, 05:51 PM
The great Gordon Woods lead Brownwood to 7 seven State Championships in 1960, 1965, 1967, 1969, 1970, 1978, and 1981. I think running the wing-T offense which is similar to what Liberty Hill runs. Football historians please correct me if my facts are wrong. What does Brownwood run now?

Brownwood W/L in 2000’s
Win Loss
2006 7 7
2005 4 7
2004 6 6
2003 11 1
2002 9 5
2001 7 3
2000 8 4

I could be missing something but Brownwood does not look like they have been dominating since the 80’s, so why does Rocket want to keep talking about the past? The last State Champion at Brownwood graduated before LH seniors were born.

I_DONT_CARE
03-07-2008, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by marler1972
No, I am not from there but I moved up here a few years my son is moving here next year. I have followed Celina for many years and no I am not a bandwagoner. lol
I KEEP READING THE SAME THING FROM DIFFERENT PEOPLE ON HERE. IS THERE ANYBODY THAT IS ACTUALLY FROM CELINA OR HAVE THEY ALL JUST MOVED THERE? :rolleyes: