PDA

View Full Version : Unless Nolan Ryan can

firstdown
02-06-2008, 04:36 PM
still pitch he can't help the Rangers otherwise just another Tom Hicks trick. I HATE TOM HICKS he has ruined the Rangers, the Stars, and the Soccer team in England. He sucks.

There I feel better.

coach
02-06-2008, 04:39 PM
he ruined the stars??? they won the stanley cup and have constatly been in the top of the nhl for quite sometime...i hate his guts too but u have to give the guy some credit

eagles_victory
02-06-2008, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by coach
he ruined the stars??? they won the stanley cup and have constatly been in the top of the nhl for quite sometime...i hate his guts too but u have to give the guy some credit They have lost out in the first round the last 4 years that Stanley Cup was long ago. Have you ever seen the Brett Hull Stars jersey in Applebees in Palestine?

coach
02-06-2008, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
They have lost out in the first round the last 4 years that Stanley Cup was long ago. Have you ever seen the Brett Hull Stars jersey in Applebees in Palestine?

i wouldnt say ruin them though and yes i have lol i actually sat next to brett at a ranger game once

firstdown
02-06-2008, 04:47 PM
he ruined the stars??? they won the stanley cup and have constatly been in the top of the nhl for quite sometime...i hate his guts too but u have to give the guy some credit

Hicks is a terrible owner. He is not worried about winning he is worried about making a dollar. See our other two owners of Dallas pro sports teams to get an idea of what I think a good owner is.

TOM HICKS IS A BUM

coach
02-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by firstdown
Hicks is a terrible owner. He is not worried about winning he is worried about making a dollar. See our other two owners of Dallas pro sports teams to get an idea of what I think a good owner is.

TOM HICKS IS A BUM

is your name john mark wilson by any chance?

firstdown
02-06-2008, 04:50 PM
is your name john mark wilson by any chance?

who? no.

Txbroadcaster
02-06-2008, 05:11 PM
While I am not the biggest Tom Hicks fan..he gets a bad rep from Ranger fans

When he first bought the team he spent, and spent, and spent, and spent..Had a top 5 payroll..and guess what, it was a bust, so he decided to tear it down and rebuild..that does not happen overnight

All I ever hear is Texas did not go after a pitcher...It is not that easy..Texas has made offers to some of the best pitchers in the game..and they were turned down.

The biggest complaint I have with Hicks was letting John Hart ruin the team...now I was onboard with Hart at first, the guy built a winner in Cleveland in his tenure. But he set the franchise back 5 years IMO

Now, Texas is slowly building..Their Farm system was rated 4th and they have a ton of young talent.

firstdown
02-06-2008, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
While I am not the biggest Tom Hicks fan..he gets a bad rep from Ranger fans

When he first bought the team he spent, and spent, and spent, and spent..Had a top 5 payroll..and guess what, it was a bust, so he decided to tear it down and rebuild..that does not happen overnight

All I ever hear is Texas did not go after a pitcher...It is not that easy..Texas has made offers to some of the best pitchers in the game..and they were turned down.

The biggest complaint I have with Hicks was letting John Hart ruin the team...now I was onboard with Hart at first, the guy built a winner in Cleveland in his tenure. But he set the franchise back 5 years IMO

Now, Texas is slowly building..Their Farm system was rated 4th and they have a ton of young talent.

While he did pay for A-Rod but other than that who did he pay for that was worth a hoot? He won't keep any talent they develop anyway. He over pays for has beens and loads the team with never haves to get you in the gate. Hey Hicks you want to put butts in the seats bring back dollar beer night.

Txbroadcaster
02-06-2008, 05:22 PM
While he did pay for A-Rod but other than that who did he pay for that was worth a hoot? He won't keep any talent they develop anyway. He over pays for has beens and loads the team with never haves to get you in the gate. Hey Hicks you want to put butts in the seats bring back dollar beer night.

Your making my point..he overpaid for "veteran" players...and when he did alot of media pundits had Texas in the WS A-Rods first year...then it all crashed and crashed hard, so Hicks decided throwing money around was not the best solution..that part he was right...He was wrong in keeping Hart around for so long

firstdown
02-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Hicks changes directions more than the wind. Maybe Nolan will call Cuban and they can put together a group and buy the Rangers. I really like Nolan and the Rangers but I think Hicks is a ... well you know.

coach
02-06-2008, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Your making my point..he overpaid for "veteran" players...and when he did alot of media pundits had Texas in the WS A-Rods first year...then it all crashed and crashed hard, so Hicks decided throwing money around was not the best solution..that part he was right...He was wrong in keeping Hart around for so long

he should have kept a rod

crzyjournalist03
02-06-2008, 06:21 PM
he should have kept a rod

yeah...because he's played for winners wherever he's gone...:rolleyes:

I did research last year that shows that teams who get rid of Arod improve the next year while teams that acquire him lose more games the next...he's a great athlete, but he's never led a team anywhere.

zebrablue2
02-06-2008, 06:25 PM

a-rod was the mistake that put him in the hole the last 5 years, on and off the field. the rangers are on the way back up..

Lion_Addict
02-06-2008, 06:26 PM
I agree with both of you. Hicks is definately not on my "favorites" list. He most definately let Hart stay around and "ruin" alot of things....from the main system on down. I really hope that they can get things turned around very soon.

But I also agree with the comment that Hicks is no "Jones" or "Cuban". In my opinion, they are both excellent owners and truly care about building a winning team. Hicks could definately learn a thing or two from both of these rich fellers.

coach
02-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
yeah...because he's played for winners wherever he's gone...:rolleyes:

I did research last year that shows that teams who get rid of Arod improve the next year while teams that acquire him lose more games the next...he's a great athlete, but he's never led a team anywhere.

what about playing wth the yanks? he has put up mvp type numbers wherever he goes he is THE best player in baseball besides we traded a rod for brad freakin wilkerson that just shows hicks' stupidity