PDA

View Full Version : Frisco Wakeland

kepdawg
02-06-2008, 03:41 PM
I was looking at the 4A numbers for Denison's new district and saw that Wakeland had 1455! I knew they would be moving up to 4A, but that's a lot of kids for a 3A school to have!

coachkiss
02-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Still got mule-whipped, or donkey-stomped, or whatever the new nomenclature is by Celina.

kepdawg
02-06-2008, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by coachkiss
Still got mule-whipped, or donkey-stomped, or whatever the new nomenclature is by Celina.

We here on the Down Low prefer Donkey Stomped! :D

Old Tiger
02-06-2008, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
We here on the Down Low prefer Donkey Stomped! :D Depends on the score. It could have been a donkey show.

Old Tiger
02-06-2008, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Depends on the score. It could have been a donkey show. I just checked the score and it was 36-0 making it a donkey show that Celina put on Frisco Wakeland. :(

kepdawg
02-06-2008, 05:38 PM
I just checked the score and it was 36-0 making it a donkey show that Celina put on Frisco Wakeland. :(

I don't know what a donkey show is and I don't think I want to find out!

BILLYFRED0000
02-06-2008, 09:34 PM
I just checked the score and it was 36-0 making it a donkey show that Celina put on Frisco Wakeland. :(

Well I thought it was a donkey stomp.

We got more points on them than they got yards against our defense.

big daddy russ
02-06-2008, 09:35 PM
Which makes you wonder if a good 2A squad could compete in 4A.

:thinking:

Old Tiger
02-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Well I thought it was a donkey stomp.

We got more points on them than they got yards against our defense. 35+ point victory = donkey show :(

kepdawg
02-06-2008, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Which makes you wonder if a good 2A squad could compete in 4A.

:thinking:

We don't even know if Wakeland can compete in 4A!

JR2004
02-06-2008, 11:06 PM
We don't even know if Wakeland can compete in 4A!

Wakeland is going to get roasted in their new district. Liberty will be the best team in Frisco within two years. The defensive coordinator from Hebron's state championship team, Joe McBride, is the head coach there.

An interesting story about the school is that Coach McBride was allowed to pick out the school colors and mascot and he chose Texas Tech's colors because it's his alma mater. He chose the name RedHawks for the mascot because he wanted to pay some homage to Hebron which has a Hawk for a mascot.

kepdawg
02-06-2008, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Wakeland is going to get roasted in their new district. Liberty will be the best team in Frisco within two years. The defensive coordinator from Hebron's state championship team is the head coach there.

An interesting story about the school is their head coach was allowed to pick out the school colors and mascot and he chose Texas Tech's colors because it's his alma mater. He chose the name RedHawks for the mascot because he wanted to pay some homage to Hebron which has a Hawk for a mascot.

I don't know about Wakeland getting roasted. The district is going to be pretty weak.

JR2004
02-06-2008, 11:21 PM
I don't know about Wakeland getting roasted. The district is going to be pretty weak.

Wakeland has no shot in this district. Liberty is going to wind up with the best athletes in the area just like what happened with Hebron.

kepdawg
02-06-2008, 11:27 PM
Wakeland has no shot in this district. Liberty is going to wind up with the best athletes in the area just like what happened with Hebron.

I don't expect Wakeland to have a shot. But the district is going to be weak. The area Wakeland is in should provide enough athletes to be successful in the long run.

gatordaze
02-07-2008, 06:48 AM

I agree on the Liberty athlete part. They will have a freshman QB next year that throws a beautiful deep ball. He is a 6'3" 190 lb 8th grader that can heave it 60+ yards right now. He plays on my kids select winter team. He was throwing 12 yard outs against the wind on the money the other day.

3afan
02-07-2008, 08:09 AM
I have Wakeland on my softball schedule - at Irving High on 2/22