Aldarius Johnson, WR

Signed today:
Ben Jones, OL
Tommy Streeter, WR
Brandon Washington, OL
Kendal Thompkins, WR

trojan37
02-06-2008, 03:23 PM
Those guys were awesome against Southlake. They have a lot of speed. I don't think I have ever seen a high school with that much team speed all over the field.

Old Tiger
02-06-2008, 03:38 PM
Best HS team I've ever seen. Size and speed everywhere. Sean Spence is the diamond in the rough. He has killer instincts and can lay the wood.

Starburst
02-06-2008, 06:29 PM
Over rated, SLC should of beat them

kepdawg
02-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Starburst

Then why didn't they?

Old Tiger
02-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Over rated, SLC should of beat them Stupid comment of the week nominee.

txhsfball
02-06-2008, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Sean Spence is the diamond in the rough. He has killer instincts and can lay the wood.
hes not that much of a diamond in the rough if he is going to miami

Starburst
02-06-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Then why didn't they?

Too many mental mistakes.

Tre fumbling on the 6 right before halftime
The high snap for a safety

Also
Riley Dodge getting his nose jacked up and having to sit out a couple of drives, one of them the back up misfired on what would have been a TD.

I also believe the MNW defense really didn’t "cramp up" that many times. I think they used that as an excuse for extra time outs.

SLC wasn’t even the best team in Texas this year, and with all that mentioned above stayed within 10 points of them.

Stupid comment of the week nominee.

Well I am glad we are not powering the server with your brain power.

bandera7
02-06-2008, 07:52 PM
I agree with you Starburst. MNW was no doubt good. But not the best HS team I have ever seen. I am still very young and I have seen multiple better teams than them. SLC teams of the past were far better. This years Katy team was better. This years Euless Trinity team may have been better. Katy has had teams in the past that were better.

trojan37
02-06-2008, 08:36 PM

Key word here, SHOULD, but DIDN'T. Their db's were like blankets on the SLC receivers all night. They could have played another quarter and SLC wouldn't have beat them.

Starburst
02-07-2008, 03:36 AM
I guess you seen a different game then I did

Old Tiger
02-07-2008, 03:44 AM
I guess you seen a different game then I did I saw the same game where they didn't let SLC score the ENTIRE SECOND HALF!

DeeStroyer71
02-07-2008, 08:30 AM
Well at least they are ready for college. Both schools have similar environments. I’m sure they will get credit for freshman orientation.

pirate4state
02-07-2008, 11:02 AM
Well I am glad we are not powering the server with your brain power. Nice!! HAHAHAHA

Starburst
02-07-2008, 08:40 PM
I saw the same game where they didn't let SLC score the ENTIRE SECOND HALF!

So let’s forget about the entire first half that was played. SLC beat them selves more then MNW did. If they were so great why didn’t they destroy SLC? With that many recruits going to Miami you would figure they would be invincible. They let a team who did not even get out of the 3rd round hang within 10 points of them. There is no doubt in my mind that Katy would have beaten them.

Like I stated earlier they are over rated.

Emerson1
02-07-2008, 08:54 PM
So let’s forget about the entire first half that was played. SLC beat them selves more then MNW did. If they were so great why didn’t they destroy SLC? With that many recruits going to Miami you would figure they would be invincible. They let a team who did not even get out of the 3rd round hang within 10 points of them. There is no doubt in my mind that Katy would have beaten them.

Like I stated earlier they are over rated.
Did you even see them play?

trojan37
02-07-2008, 09:55 PM
I guess you seen a different game then I did

This is the game I went to see, I didn't watch it on t.v. It looked a lot worse. I'm telling you, MNW could have made it a lot worse than it was.

MNW (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sOuW129r04)

JR2004
02-07-2008, 10:07 PM
Northwestern was far and away better than SLC or any team in Texas this year. Katy wouldn't have beaten them either.

Starburst
02-07-2008, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Did you even see them play?

Sure did, how about yourself? I’m just curious to who you are to question me? You have not had any feed back positive or negative towards this conversation besides asking the asinine question of “Did you even see them play” No I have never seen any of them play, I just wanted to discuss something I have absolutely no clue about. I’m sorry if I didn’t abide by your set of standards officer doofy.

That’s fine JR that is your opinion, just like I have one to. We all have one, but how many of our opinions actually matter? You think they would have beaten Katy...that’s fine, but I however think Katy would have beaten them. Oh well

HEMOTOXIC
02-08-2008, 12:40 AM

I would have love to see NW match up with the mighty Katy Tigers...

Silverback 04
02-08-2008, 11:34 AM
I saw the entire game as well and while MNW did have speed and talent, SLC didn't exactly play their best football. As Liberty Hill knows, the way to beat great speed and individual athleticism is by playing great team ball and being fundamentally sound. SLC normally does that, they didn't and they lost. I don't have much much faith in the whole National Championship for high schools as I've seen too many times that schools and players were hyped as being the greatest of all time, only to get their hineys whipped by someone better (Patriots). MNW was the best team in Florida, lets leave it at that. Polls are for Pudknockers!

NastySlot
02-08-2008, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by DeeStroyer71
Well at least they are ready for college. Both schools have similar environments. I’m sure they will get credit for freshman orientation.

MNW and the Univ. of Miami don't have the same environment..the University of Miami is a top notch private university..with a great law school...........that would be like saying Dallas Roosevelt and SMU have the same environment........and your going to reply with the U has a bunch of thugs............then take a good look at what has happen at our so call premier university the past few season's with its players.

NastySlot
02-08-2008, 12:09 PM
and now to the replys about MNW not being that great......they beat one of the better teams from Texas and I believe they just won the Florida state title for the second year in a row........and believe it or not they do play some pretty good high school ball in Florida (also in Ohio, Mississippi, Penn. and even Louisiana)..........we as Texans tend to be too bias.........fact is SLC (and I have followed SLC football for a while...back to 2A days) didn't get the job done...........they played and lost to a good team...........................as far as other teams in Texas being better who knows............I know this people always argue...83 Daingerfield greatest team ever..........86 Yates 88 Carter..........but who knows...........Daingerfield best I ever saw..........86 Yates rolled everyone except Jones....barely beat them twice.............and Dallas Carter tied Duncanville......needed a big play to beat Marshall ( jessie armstead line up TE and caught TD pass)..................best teams and polls just opinions.

trojan37
02-08-2008, 01:57 PM
We'll get to see the same thing this year. Apparently some more Texas teams are playing some out of state schools this year. Could be interesting, I know Euless Trinity is one of the schools participating in this.

Emerson1
02-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Sure did, how about yourself? I’m just curious to who you are to question me? You have not had any feed back positive or negative towards this conversation besides asking the asinine question of “Did you even see them play” No I have never seen any of them play, I just wanted to discuss something I have absolutely no clue about. I’m sorry if I didn’t abide by your set of standards officer doofy.

That is what it sounds like.

If SLC played their best game they still lose because they couldn't handle the amount of athletes MNW had. There is a reason they signed 8 players to a the university of miami.

Old Tiger
02-08-2008, 03:59 PM

Like I stated earlier they are over rated. That's why there are two halves to a game brother.

Also it was tied 21-21 at the half.

MNW had a lot of turnovers and mess ups too.

Wasn't Tre and Riley hurt in that game they lost in playoffs by 2 points, right?

Starburst
02-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Emerson

That’s what what sounds like to you? That’s great they had 8 athletes sign with Miami, but they still let SLC hang within 10 points of them. You would figure a team with 8 athletes going to play at Miami they would of just blown SLC away. Abilene had how many athletes sign to play D1 ball...much less sign with Miami? Like I stated earlier they are/were over rated.

Go Blue

Exactly its not like they just blew SLC out of the water, with 8 athletes going to Miami you would think these guys would have hung 50 on them. And for the game to be tied up at half you have to consider 1) SLC fumbled at the 6 yard line right before halftime (still part of the entire game right) and 2) SLC had a mental mistake that cost them a safety. You take those away and it’s a totally different game. I agree they did have some mistakes themselves, but remember they had 8 players sign with Miami they should not have made those kind of mistakes and let a team like SLC hang with them.

I think it was just Riley who was hurt and could not play. However I could be wrong though.

LH Panther Mom
02-08-2008, 08:18 PM
:thinking: :thinking: I wish I could put my finger on it.

trojan37
02-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Emerson

That’s what what sounds like to you? That’s great they had 8 athletes sign with Miami, but they still let SLC hang within 10 points of them. You would figure a team with 8 athletes going to play at Miami they would of just blown SLC away. Abilene had how many athletes sign to play D1 ball...much less sign with Miami? Like I stated earlier they are/were over rated.

Go Blue

Exactly its not like they just blew SLC out of the water, with 8 athletes going to Miami you would think these guys would have hung 50 on them. And for the game to be tied up at half you have to consider 1) SLC fumbled at the 6 yard line right before halftime (still part of the entire game right) and 2) SLC had a mental mistake that cost them a safety. You take those away and it’s a totally different game. I agree they did have some mistakes themselves, but remember they had 8 players sign with Miami they should not have made those kind of mistakes and let a team like SLC hang with them.

I think it was just Riley who was hurt and could not play. However I could be wrong though.

Dodge played. Didn't you see him throw those interceptions? It doesn't matter how many kids you have that are going to play DI ball, the team that makes the fewest mistakes will win, and on that day it was MNW.

ToroChingon
02-08-2008, 08:21 PM
"U" is the only college name most of them can spell.

LH Panther Mom
02-08-2008, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
It doesn't matter how many kids you have that are going to play DI ball, the team that makes the fewest mistakes will win, and on that day it was MNW.
Oh, thank you! :clap: :clap:

Old Tiger
02-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Emerson

Go Blue

I think it was just Riley who was hurt and could not play. However I could be wrong though. When two great teams meet up games will be close and mistakes will be made, no one is perfect even if you are winning games. You also talk like SLC was no good this year when they only lost 2 games! Hell they only lost 3 games since they have been in 5a. MNW was a better team that day and they are a better team than any team in Texas. If they played Katy the RB wouldn't get no where because the big DT, Forston, would be blowing up the middle the entire time just as he did against SLC and that is why they couldn't run the ball that game.

Emerson1
02-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
Dodge played. Didn't you see him throw those interceptions? It doesn't matter how many kids you have that are going to play DI ball, the team that makes the fewest mistakes will win, and on that day it was MNW.
Yep, it was dodge who just happened to have a terrible game against the best team he has ever faced, had nothing to do with the fastest secondary he saw all season.

trojan37
02-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Yep, it was dodge who just happened to have a terrible game against the best team he has ever faced, had nothing to do with the fastest secondary he saw all season.

Fast secondary, fast linebackers and linemen, Heck I bet their cheerleaders can run fast, too!