PDA

View Full Version : Scott to Colorado

kepdawg
02-06-2008, 12:53 PM
Oh, well!

BreckTxLonghorn
02-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Enjoy your new Escalade. Good thing it has heated seats....

KIDDING!

kepdawg
02-06-2008, 01:05 PM
So I guess it's McGee and Ogbo... this season?

Does anyone else have a real chance at competing for a large number of carries?

Will any of the freshman have an impact?

BullFrog Dad
02-06-2008, 01:19 PM
million

Txbroadcaster
02-06-2008, 02:14 PM
I read on Orangebloods.com that one of their reporters, Jason Suchomel, who we turn to often here, was kept out of Darrell Scott's press conference by his mother, Alexis.

Now internet reports are saying that mother was very influential in her son deciding on Colorado.

This sounds very fishy. Why bar a reporter who flew all the way out to California from a press conference unless there are certain questions you don't want asked?

http://recruitingbuzz.beloblog.com/archives/2008/02/interesting_footnote_on_darrell_scott.html

==============================================

hmmm..wonder what that is about

kepdawg
02-06-2008, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I read on Orangebloods.com that one of their reporters, Jason Suchomel, who we turn to often here, was kept out of Darrell Scott's press conference by his mother, Alexis.

Now internet reports are saying that mother was very influential in her son deciding on Colorado.

This sounds very fishy. Why bar a reporter who flew all the way out to California from a press conference unless there are certain questions you don't want asked?

http://recruitingbuzz.beloblog.com/archives/2008/02/interesting_footnote_on_darrell_scott.html

==============================================

hmmm..wonder what that is about

Yeah, I just saw that.

Also saw that one of the bloggers said Texas had been Perrillouxed.

I didn't think the Scott situation was anything like the Perriloux situation.

Txbroadcaster
02-06-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Yeah, I just saw that.

My comment under the Perrilouxed blog was first one saying I dont think it is the same thing

Adidas410s
02-06-2008, 02:23 PM
Yeah, I just saw that.

Far from it. Colorado has been in the lead for a long time. Texas made a good run at the kid but his family wanted him at CU. It's closer, Hawkins has that program on the rise, and his uncle plays football there too.

I don't blame them from barring a UT reporter from the conference. His questions are going to be Texas geared...and once the kid has made his decision he shouldn't have to answer to Texas.

Txbroadcaster
02-06-2008, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

I don't blame them from barring a UT reporter from the conference. His questions are going to be Texas geared...and once the kid has made his decision he shouldn't have to answer to Texas.

That is still very rare to ban a reporter, unless the family was afraid he would answer something like, I wanted to go to UT, but my family did not

kepdawg
02-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Far from it. Colorado has been in the lead for a long time. Texas made a good run at the kid but his family wanted him at CU. It's closer, Hawkins has that program on the rise, and his uncle plays football there too.

What would a Texas reporter ask that would be a problem?

Crow22
02-06-2008, 02:43 PM

Why not? The University of Texas is the be-all, end-all. This young man should have to answer for his transgression of not signing with the Lord's Institute of Higher Learning....aka The University of Texas. BY GOD!!!

typical sip fans reaction...

Adidas410s
02-06-2008, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Crow22
Why not? The University of Texas is the be-all, end-all. This young man should have to answer for his transgression of not signing with the Lord's Institute of Higher Learning....aka The University of Texas. BY GOD!!!

haha...thanks for saying what I wanted to say! ;)

Adidas410s
02-06-2008, 02:49 PM
What would a Texas reporter ask that would be a problem?

First you don't sign with Celina...now you won't sign with Texas??? What the hell is your problem boy??? Why do you hate Texas???

kepdawg
02-06-2008, 02:51 PM
First you don't sign with Celina...now you won't sign with Texas??? What the hell is your problem boy??? Why do you hate Texas???

If something like that was asked I would have no problem with them asking the reporter to leave.

JasperDog94
02-06-2008, 02:58 PM
typical sip fans reaction... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JasperDog94
02-06-2008, 02:59 PM
If something like that was asked I would have no problem with them asking the reporter to leave. Exactly. The guy flew all the way out there. At least afford him the courtesy of being in the room.

Adidas410s
02-06-2008, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Exactly. The guy flew all the way out there. At least afford him the courtesy of being in the room.
He CHOSE to fly out there...they CHOSE to not allow him in. Life is about choices...to each their own.

kepdawg
02-06-2008, 03:14 PM
He CHOSE to fly out there...they CHOSE to not allow him in. Life is about choices...to each their own.

:doh:

Txbroadcaster
02-06-2008, 03:23 PM

Your right..and the choice by the mother to ban him makes it LOOK fishy...already enough rumors going around about him picking CU and she could have helped alot be NOT banning him..now it just leaves open the door to conjecture that something is wrong

Old Tiger
02-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Something I heard is that Colorado had a 6 figure job set up for his mother.

Stownhorse
02-06-2008, 03:27 PM
One player isnt gunna make that big of a damn difference. Im over it already.

cshscougar08
02-06-2008, 03:34 PM
Big time signing for Colorado. Dan Hawkins is staring to get things going in Boulder. I'm betting Colorado will be a very good team within the next few years. Especially with Scott and Cody Hawkins both there for 2 years together. Should make things interesting in the Big 12 North.

Old Tiger
02-06-2008, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Big time signing for Colorado. Dan Hawkins is staring to get things going in Boulder. I'm betting Colorado will be a very good team within the next few years. Especially with Scott and Cody Hawkins both there for 2 years together. Should make things interesting in the Big 12 North. dude their not better than kansas or missouri. He'll only be there for three years.

cshscougar08
02-06-2008, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
dude their not better than kansas or missouri. He'll only be there for three years.

I didn't say now. I meant in the future, as Hawkins builds up the program, they will be a contender in the North. It starts with recruiting and now that he is signing players like Scott, more will follow. Just like he did at Boise St.

LH Panther Mom
02-06-2008, 03:43 PM
The Austin radio guys I heard were speculating this morning LONG before the announcement that he would actually choose CU.

JasperDog94
02-06-2008, 03:46 PM
He CHOSE to fly out there...they CHOSE to not allow him in. Life is about choices...to each their own. You're correct. It was their choice. A poor choice to not offer common courtesy, but it was their choice.

Adidas410s
02-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
You're correct. It was their choice. A poor choice to not offer common courtesy, but it was their choice.
:weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

JasperDog94
02-06-2008, 04:52 PM
:weeping: :weeping: :weeping: No skin off my back. I was just stating my opinion. But thanks for the concern.:rolleyes: :kiss: :kiss:

buff4life
02-06-2008, 05:13 PM

typical ignorant comment