PDA

View Full Version : Sam McGuffie might NOT commit to Michigan

Adidas410s
02-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Multiple reports out that McGuffie is considering not signing today. He took a visit to Cal over the weekend and now isn't sure what he wants to do.

NastySlot
02-06-2008, 12:49 PM
he better make sure he met with the real coach tedford.

Sweetwater Red
02-06-2008, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Multiple reports

Multiple reports? Like National Enquirer?:confused:

Name legitimate sources or are you just spreading vicious rumors.:thinking: :foul: :flaming: :mad:

Macarthur
02-06-2008, 03:39 PM
Don't be surprised if he ends up in College Station.

Stownhorse
02-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur

I'll just be cursing him if he does.

Old Tiger
02-06-2008, 03:42 PM
McGuffie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adidas410s
02-06-2008, 03:42 PM
Unfortunately....that's an aggie pipe dream.

LH Panther Mom
02-06-2008, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
he better make sure he met with the real coach tedford.
LOL! :clap: :clap: :D

Crow22
02-06-2008, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Unfortunately....that's an aggie pipe dream.

According to the Houston Chronicle, he stayed at home today because Cal and A&M have caused him to delay his signing. His fellow teammate told the Chronicle that he talked to him this morning and that he said he was considering A&M and Cal (along with Michigan). So you can say its a pipe dream all you want but if it happens, what are you going to say then?

Old Tiger
02-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Crow22
According to the Houston Chronicle, he stayed at home today because Cal and A&M have caused him to delay his signing. His fellow teammate told the Chronicle that he talked to him this morning and that he said he was considering A&M and Cal (along with Michigan). So you can say its a pipe dream all you want but if it happens, what are you going to say then? I'm going to guess it's down to Cal and Michigan.

Adidas410s
02-06-2008, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Crow22
According to the Houston Chronicle, he stayed at home today because Cal and A&M have caused him to delay his signing. His fellow teammate told the Chronicle that he talked to him this morning and that he said he was considering A&M and Cal (along with Michigan). So you can say its a pipe dream all you want but if it happens, what are you going to say then?

(per Rivals.com)

Cypress (Texas) Cy Fair running back Sam McGuffie was scheduled to sign his LOI with Michigan this morning. However, after a visit to California this past weekend, McGuffie was considering the Golden Bears. As of 11 am CT, McGuffie has told us he is not signing today and will delay his decision between Michigan and Cal.

Macarthur
02-06-2008, 04:12 PM
He may go to Cal or Michigan, but A&M is in the mix. I'll telling you they are in the mix.

Adidas410s
02-06-2008, 04:15 PM
He may go to Cal or Michigan, but A&M is in the mix. I'll telling you they are in the mix.
You're hoping they're in the mix...

from McGuffie himself:

“"I like Coach Tedford a lot, and the offense out there is great," McGuffie told Rivals. “And then the Michigan recruits have been calling me and talking to me too. I'm really familiar with the guys there. But Cal gave me something to think about."

"I may make a decision today — I may take my time."

Macarthur
02-06-2008, 04:17 PM
They are in the mix. Again, he may not end up there, but they are in the mix.

For the record, I could care less if he ends up at A&M.

Macarthur
02-06-2008, 04:28 PM
BTW, it was Dave Campbell on the radio in Houston that is one of the sources that says it's A&M, Cal or Mich.

Adidas410s
02-06-2008, 04:29 PM
BTW, it was Dave Campbell on the radio in Houston that is one of the sources that says it's A&M, Cal or Mich.
Read his magazine and decide how reliable his information is. They HAVE to include A&M in the discussion for it to be on Houston radio.

Old Tiger
02-06-2008, 04:35 PM
A&M is not in the discussion obviously.:rolleyes:

Macarthur
02-06-2008, 04:40 PM
Fox in houston has it posted on their website.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pages/Sports/Det...geId=6.9.1

as well as the Houston Chronicle

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5518370.html

need another source?

Old Tiger
02-06-2008, 04:42 PM

need another source? Your fox houston page is temporary unavailable. Face it, quit dreaming, it's down to Cal and Michigan.

Adidas410s
02-06-2008, 04:46 PM

need another source?
Find me a source that's NOT from the Aggie Media HQ.

Macarthur
02-06-2008, 04:52 PM
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pages/Sports/Detail?contentId=5696272&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=6.9.1

It's there.

What exactly is your problem, dude?

You think you know more about the inner workings of McGuffie's thoughts more than two Houston media sources and Dave Campbell? Frankly, you're continued attitude makes you look like a real jackass.

Again, No one is saying he's a lock to A&M, but they are in the mix again. And frankly, some would say they've been back in the mix for some time now.

Old Tiger
02-06-2008, 04:56 PM
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pages/Sports/Detail?contentId=5696272&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=6.9.1

It's there.

You think you know more about the inner workings of McGuffie's thoughts more than two Houston media sources and Dave Campbell? Frankly, you're continued attitude makes you look like a real jackass.

Again, No one is saying he's a lock to A&M, but they are in the mix again. And frankly, some would say they've been back in the mix for some time now. I'd trust information from Rivals before those sites.

Adidas410s
02-06-2008, 05:05 PM

It's there.

Again, No one is saying he's a lock to A&M, but they are in the mix again. And frankly, some would say they've been back in the mix for some time now.
All I'm saying is provide a source that's NOT an Aggie source. It's commonly held that the Houston media is very pro-A&M. The article you're linking to doesn't even mention Cal...yet McGuffie is only talking Cal and Michigan. Besides, newspapers and TV stations are the worst sources of information. They have little to no first hand info and they get their info hours and often times a day or two AFTER it's available through premium recruiting sites.

If you spend enough time on recruiting sites and you will see that A&M was out of the picture a while back for McGuffie. He's provided numerous quotes that he was going to Michigan. Then once Cal made a late push in the past 2 weeks he's said that he really likes Tedford and it's a hard decision for him. Not once has he brought up A&M when talking to people from Rivals or Scout in recent weeks. It was Michigan all the way...then I'm going to visit Cal but I'm still committed to Michigan...then I really like Cal and don't know what to do today so I'm just going to wait. Where again did he mention A&M again???

Take off the maroon glasses and look at the facts. You think that I'm being a jackass because you can't answer my questions honestly. You prefer to stick to "well this pro Aggie newspaper says this" and "this pro Aggie TV station says this"...yet you can't provide one bit of unbiased, first hand inform that says he's interested in A&M.

Once you can show me a quote where McGuffie says he's interested in A&M...then I'll believe it. Until then, I'll stick to the multiple quotes of:

“"I like Coach Tedford a lot, and the offense out there is great," McGuffie told Rivals. “And then the Michigan recruits have been calling me and talking to me too. I'm really familiar with the guys there. But Cal gave me something to think about."

"I may make a decision today – I may take my time."

IHStangFan
02-06-2008, 05:07 PM
seriously who gives a rat's back side if he does or doesn't go to A&M....The Ags don't necessarily need him anyway...the last two years they've beat UT w/out him (and we all know that's what its all about there at College Station). Besides A&M already has a nice power/speed backfield combo. So...again....who cares!?

Macarthur
02-06-2008, 05:22 PM
The Houston media certainly reports their "local" team to sell papers, but I think it's a bit presumptuous of you to think they are simply making up his interest in A&M. In fact, the article quotes one of his teamates saying that he's still considering A&M!

I would agree that mainstream media isn't always the best info on recruiting. However, this article has quotes from people close to him. There are three sources, one of them being Dave Campbell, yet you refuse to believe that they're even in the mix. Yes, that is being a hard headed jackass.

I think the odds certainly point to him going to Cal or MU, but it just burned my hide that you were so flippant in your dismissal. And again, I do not wear maroon colored glasses. I am not an Aggie.

Adidas410s
02-06-2008, 05:47 PM
The Houston media certainly reports their "local" team to sell papers, but I think it's a bit presumptuous of you to think they are simply making up his interest in A&M. In fact, the article quotes one of his teamates saying that he's still considering A&M!

I would agree that mainstream media isn't always the best info on recruiting. However, this article has quotes from people close to him. There are three sources, one of them being Dave Campbell, yet you refuse to believe that they're even in the mix. Yes, that is being a hard headed jackass.

I think the odds certainly point to him going to Cal or MU, but it just burned my hide that you were so flippant in your dismissal. And again, I do not wear maroon colored glasses. I am not an Aggie.
1. Dave Campbell is past his prime. He's not somebody that's exactly "in the know" near as much as he used to be. His name carries a lot of weight but he's nowhere near as "inside" Texas football as he was when he still ran his magazine.

2. So it's hard to believe that a media outlet that is naturally trying to write about A&M wouldn't slightly modify a story to include A&M to generate interest??? The basis for their claim could simply be, "He visited A&M and at one point expressed interest in A&M...and he never said he WASN'T interested." Of course he MUST be interested in A&M if he hasn't said otherwise.

3. When the kid is quoted today as saying he's deciding between Michigan and Cal (in a link that you posted) I don't think that 3rd hand sources know more about what he's thinking than he does. Having watched 2 kids switch from Tech in the last 24 hours to play with their buddies...I agree that friends can influence him. Of course his teammate would want him to go to A&M. However, until McGuffie says he's interested in A&M then I'm not buying it...regardless of what somebody else says they've heard or been told.

Adidas410s
02-06-2008, 05:52 PM
One other obvious thought...why would McGuffie go somewhere that just signed another top level RB in Cyrus Gray??? :thinking:

LH Panther Mom
02-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
seriously who gives a rat's back side if he does or doesn't go to A&M....
Not me. :)

Macarthur
02-06-2008, 05:56 PM
The source is good enough for ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=3232735

Old Tiger
02-06-2008, 05:58 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=3232735 And ESPN isn't a very good recruiting source yet. Rivals ans Scout are heads and heels better than ESPN recruiting.

Adidas410s
02-06-2008, 06:00 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=3232735

Dispute a direct quote...until then I'm done with this topic:

"I may make a decision today – I may take my time."

zebrablue2
02-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
seriously who gives a rat's back side if he does or doesn't go to A&M....The Ags don't necessarily need him anyway...the last two years they've beat UT w/out him (and we all know that's what its all about there at College Station). Besides A&M already has a nice power/speed backfield combo. So...again....who cares!?

well put...

HippoBaseball05
02-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Man, this Adidas cat has a serious hatred for anything A&M.

:rolleyes:

Old Tiger
02-06-2008, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by HippoBaseball05

:rolleyes: Why because A&M is mad that a tech fan(daddy) is right about McGuffie? Pathetic.

DaHop72
02-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Why because A&M is mad that a tech fan (daddy) is right about McGuffie? Pathetic. Uh, Forrest is there something you haven't told us?:thinking:

:D :D

eagles_victory
02-06-2008, 07:59 PM

:rolleyes: not as much as goblue

Well maybe about the same

Old Tiger
02-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
not as much as goblue

Well maybe about the same I don't hate A&M. :)

big daddy russ
02-06-2008, 08:28 PM
Give me 'till the end of the night. I'll tell you whether or not he's still in the mix at A&M.

And adidas, McGuffie's from Houston. Obviously, Dave Campbell doesn't have to say anything about any Texas schools for it to make the news here. McGuffie's a local celebrity in his own right.

It didn't sound like A&M was in the mix from those reports, but I haven't kept up with the situation lately.

Adidas410s
02-06-2008, 08:33 PM

:rolleyes:
Hatred for A&M??? Please show me where I hate A&M???

Asking for an unbiased source and passing along quotes directly from McGuffie is anything but hating on A&M. I'm simply claiming that McGuffie is considering Cal and Michigan...just as he stated himself today.

Wait...maybe I should write M&A to help you out with your dyslexia. You seem to struggle spelling TECH properly so I'm guessing A&M is just as hard for ya.

coach
02-06-2008, 09:03 PM
i think adidas is just mad bcc he was in a similar situation when he claimed that julio jones was going to tech but then when he made his announcement today there wasnt a tech hat even on the table

Adidas410s
02-06-2008, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by coach
i think adidas is just mad bcc he was in a similar situation when he claimed that julio jones was going to tech but then when he made his announcement today there wasnt a tech hat even on the table
When did I claim that??? I never thought he would end up at Tech. Was I excited when he said he was going to visit??? Of course...I still figured Tech to be a HUUUGE long shot though. Get your facts straight instead of trying to put words in my mouth.

Adidas410s
02-06-2008, 09:35 PM
I'll save you the time...here's what I posted:

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76859&highlight=julio+and+jones

Just passed along rumors that he wanted to go to Tech! Gotta love the fun and games of the internet. ;)

coach
02-06-2008, 09:45 PM
well this is what this guy is saying...he heard that mcguffie might be interested in a&m and nobody was bashing your balls trying to prove you wrong and complaing that there was no source..hell tour info was was hear say off of bs message boards

HippoBaseball05
02-06-2008, 11:30 PM
Wait...maybe I should write M&A to help you out with your dyslexia. You seem to struggle spelling TECH properly so I'm guessing A&M is just as hard for ya. [/B][/QUOTE]

Isn't that how the flag crew spells it when parading around Jones/ATT/O'Reilly/Domino's/Your Name Here Stadium?

LH Panther Mom
02-06-2008, 11:36 PM
:foul: :foul: :foul: Cut the crap, you guys!

Old Tiger
02-06-2008, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:foul: :foul: :foul: Cut the crap, you guys! by "guys" do you mean "kids"

Adidas410s
Wait...maybe I should write M&A to help you out with your dyslexia. You seem to struggle spelling TECH properly so I'm guessing A&M is just as hard for ya.

Isn't that how the flag crew spells it when parading around Jones/ATT/O'Reilly/Domino's/Your Name Here Stadium? [/B][/QUOTE]
Sure doesn't look like it...but then again if somebody at A&M says then it must be true...:rolleyes:

http://bp0.blogger.com/_RcVX8fTYE_8/RuWoXl_7D2I/AAAAAAAAABU/Z2Tip2DVDgI/s1600-h/P9084816.jpg

setxsports
Michigan!!!

Adidas410s
02-06-2008, 11:44 PM
The final quotes given by Michigan guys are the McGuffie was down to Cal and Michigan but that after talking to some Michigan commits again...he stuck with his original commit.

Sorry...I would share the exact quotes but it's premium content!

pirate4state
02-06-2008, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:foul: :foul: :foul: Cut the crap, you guys! I think they are gonna need help! :rolleyes:

big daddy russ
02-07-2008, 02:36 AM
Well, I didn't even need to get to you by the end of the night. Which is good, 'cause I never heard back.