PDA

View Full Version : So, how many Gilmer players signed?

kepdawg
02-06-2008, 12:12 PM
Did all 22 Gilmer players sign with D1 schools today?

DU_stud04
02-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Did all 22 Gilmer players sign with D1 schools today? no, you forgot the ball boy and 3 trainers that also signed. i heard gilmer has 4 on the 8th grade squad that have already verballed with texas. they're huge!

lostaussie
02-07-2008, 08:16 AM
Justin Johnson - Oklahoma
Lamar Harris - Oklahoma
David Snow - Texas
Houston Tuminello - Louisiana Tech
Daniel Jenkins - Missouri
Ross Stevens - Tyler Junior College

Gsquared
02-07-2008, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Justin Johnson - Oklahoma
Lamar Harris - Oklahoma
David Snow - Texas
Houston Tuminello - Louisiana Tech
Daniel Jenkins - Missouri
Ross Stevens - Tyler Junior College
Wow, I thought Harris was goin to College Station this whole time. I Think he will be happy in Norman.

Aesculus gilmus
02-07-2008, 08:55 AM
I think the Johnson cousins talked some sense into him once the coaching change was made.

Adidas410s
02-07-2008, 09:44 AM
how did Tuminello end up at La Tech??? I'm guessing his measureables didn't quite "measure up" to the bigger schools???

Aesculus gilmus
02-07-2008, 09:50 AM
For one thing, Tuminello enrolled in four different high schools over the course of his career.

And I have been told on this board that Baylor DID offer him and he refused to go there. My respect for HT went up after I heard that.

Adidas410s
02-07-2008, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
For one thing, Tuminello enrolled in four different high schools over the course of his career.

And I have been told on this board that Baylor DID offer him and he refused to go there. My respect for HT went up after I heard that.
Why are you glad that he refused to go there? Did Kinne somehow keep Tuminello from moving schools one year? Also, did Briles even keep Kinne on staff? I did notice that his son is now the WR coach.

Aesculus gilmus
02-07-2008, 10:56 AM
Baylor doesn't belong in the Big 12. Not in football, anyhow. I imagine this factored into HT's thinking.

Why enroll at a pathetic, allegedly major university program when one could go to a respectable one which doesn't pretend it's something it is not and never will be.

Briles will not work a miracle any more than the previous five or so coaches who've made the hopeless trek to Waco since the SWC disbanded.

kepdawg
02-07-2008, 10:59 AM
Baylor doesn't belong in the Big 12. Not in football, anyhow. I imagine this factored into HT's thinking.

Why enroll at a pathetic, allegedly major university program when one could go to a respectable one which doesn't pretend it's something it is not and never will be.

Briles will not work a miracle any more than the previous five or so coaches who've made the hopeless trek to Waco since the SWC disbanded.

So it's better to go to LaTech than Baylor? Is that what I'm hearing?

Adidas410s
02-07-2008, 11:08 AM

So La Tech is a more respectable program than Baylor??? Maybe they were 10-15 years ago when they had a high powered offense...but 1 winning season in the past 6 years (that's as far as I could go back on ESPN) isn't exactly a "respectable program."

Aesculus gilmus
02-07-2008, 11:36 AM
I'm sure, had the choice been between UT (particularly with his lifelong friend, G.J., already there) and LaTech, he'd have gone to Austin.

But I do not blame the kid for not wanting to go to Waco. I do not blame ANYONE for not wanting to go to Waco. I guess you must have figured out by now that I do not like Waco. :D