PDA

View Full Version : my awww story from yesterday

DU_stud04
02-06-2008, 12:09 PM
so my son comes home from pre-k yesterday and im cooking him some lunch, then all of a sudden he comes and hugs my leg and tells me, "Daddy, you're my best friend". kinda choked me up, thought i'd share with y'all. The little moments like that, that just make everything just seem right.

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-06-2008, 12:10 PM
Great story. lol

JasperDog94
02-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
so my son comes home from pre-k yesterday and im cooking him some lunch, then all of a sudden he comes and hugs my leg and tells me, "Daddy, you're my best friend". kinda choked me up, thought i'd share with y'all. The little moments like that, that just make everything just seem right. Those are the moments that we as parents live for. I have a four year old daughter myself and those moments are precious.

AP Panther Fan
02-06-2008, 12:20 PM
so my son comes home from pre-k yesterday and im cooking him some lunch, then all of a sudden he comes and hugs my leg and tells me, "Daddy, you're my best friend". kinda choked me up, thought i'd share with y'all. The little moments like that, that just make everything just seem right.

Awww, that even made my eyes water.

You need to be "banking" all of these special moments because they seem to be fewer and farther between in the pre-teen/teenage years.:)

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-06-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm glad everyone is tearing up but I'm pretty sure it's all make believe.

pirate4state
02-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I'm glad everyone is tearing up but I'm pretty sure it's all make believe. Don't ruin it for the believers!!!! :tongue: lol

CenTexSports
02-06-2008, 12:24 PM
My 2 year old grandson had surgery last week. We have custody of him and my wife took him to the hospital and both of us were there to take him home.

A couple of days after the surgey, his other grandmother came to see him and when she asked him how he was doing, he told her:

"Mamaw cut me!"

I had hernia surgery in December and he asked me later that night: "Did mamaw cut you?"

This really upset my wife but everybody else thought it was funny. It took her four days to convince him that a doctor cut him but now when I ask him, he finally says "The doctor cut me!"

Ranger Mom
02-06-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Don't ruin it for the believers!!!! :tongue: lol

I think the boy is his and Crystal's...from their short lived nuptials!!

AP Panther Fan
02-06-2008, 12:27 PM
Don't ruin it for the believers!!!! :tongue: lol

:mad: Well, I thought he was being sincere. I knew the math wasn't right, but more times than not, it isn't these days.

The "while I was cooking his lunch" is probably what should have given it away.:foul:

DU_stud04
02-06-2008, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
:mad: Well, I thought he was being sincere. I knew the math wasn't right, but more times than not, it isn't these days.

The "while I was cooking his lunch" is probably what should have given it away.:foul: hey, i cook! :D

and it's only half day pre-k

pirate4state
02-06-2008, 12:28 PM

The "while I was cooking his lunch" is probably what should have given it away.:foul:

I told him you'd make him pay if ya'll ever meet!! :D

gatordaze
02-06-2008, 12:29 PM
I had a similar and unexpected Awww experience. I was monitoring my kids myspace sites and read in my 13 year olds profile that I was his hero. He never really lets that be known so I was kinda misty!

AP Panther Fan
02-06-2008, 12:30 PM
I told him you'd make him pay if ya'll ever meet!! :D

You darn right, he is now "officially" on my list. ;)

DU_stud04
02-06-2008, 12:31 PM
You darn right, he is now "officially" on my list. ;) :D

AP Panther Fan
02-06-2008, 12:33 PM
:D

Don't be smiling at me.:cool:

DU_stud04
02-06-2008, 12:36 PM
Don't be smiling at me.:cool: http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/mexmustangs04/a_happyme.gif