PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill FB Sked

K-MAC Chuck
02-06-2008, 09:16 AM
A projected schedule for the 2008 football season for LHHS..It’s not known whether the four non-district games would be home or away games - others may have input on that:

Zero Week (Aug. 29): Giddings
Week 1 (Sept. 5): Abilene Wylie (hearing this will be a road game)
Week 2 (Sept. 12): Manor
Week 3 (Sept. 19): Brownwood
Week 4 (Sept. 26): at Fredericksburg*
Week 5 (Oct. 3): vs. Burnet*
Week 6 (Oct. 10): at Ingram*
Week 7 (Oct. 17): vs. Canyon Lake*
Week 8 (Oct. 24): at Wimberley*
Week 9 - Open
Week 10 – vs. Llano*

*Denotes District 8-3A games

Texasfootball2
02-06-2008, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
A projected schedule for the 2008 football season for LHHS..It’s not known whether the four non-district games would be home or away games - others may have input on that:

Zero Week (Aug. 29): Giddings
Week 1 (Sept. 5): Abilene Wylie (hearing this will be a road game)
Week 2 (Sept. 12): Manor
Week 3 (Sept. 19): Brownwood
Week 4 (Sept. 26): at Fredericksburg*
Week 5 (Oct. 3): vs. Burnet*
Week 6 (Oct. 10): at Ingram*
Week 7 (Oct. 17): vs. Canyon Lake*
Week 8 (Oct. 24): at Wimberley*
Week 9 - Open
Week 10 – vs. Llano*

*Denotes District 8-3A games

Outstanding, if our field renovations go a rumor has it, this will be the first game on the new field turf. The renovations are also to include adding on to both stands. Maybe even a new score board.

clemsmarina
02-06-2008, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Outstanding, if our field renovations go a rumor has it, this will be the first game on the new field turf. The renovations are also to include adding on to both stands. Maybe even a new score board.

Awesome!!! Already looking forward to the trip.

Texasfootball2
02-06-2008, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by clemsmarina
Awesome!!! Already looking forward to the trip.

From what I hear, the renovations to the visiting stands may be the most important part. Rumor has it that LH travels very well, and since this seems to be a matchup a lot of people have been wanting to see and it's only about a 2:45 min drive, this could be a record crowd for Bulldog stadium. This is what High School Football is all about.

Silverback 04
02-08-2008, 12:07 PM
While I was a big fan of getting Gatesville off the schedule, I'm not sure I would have opted for Giddings, Wylie, BWood, and Manor. Don't mind the Cuero for Giddings trade but would have preferred at least one lackey! Oh well, i guess if you're gonna go, then go big!!

NastySlot
02-08-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Silverback 04
While I was a big fan of getting Gatesville off the schedule, I'm not sure I would have opted for Giddings, Wylie, BWood, and Manor. Don't mind the Cuero for Giddings trade but would have preferred at least one lackey! Oh well, i guess if you're gonna go, then go big!!

your lackey will be manor........i know they had a good year last year......but look at their district last year.

JJ7997
02-08-2008, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Silverback 04
While I was a big fan of getting Gatesville off the schedule

You aint the only one, dont know if I could take another running-up episiode. Remember though, what comes around goes around. Karma, its a b%$*@ !

gtownfan
02-08-2008, 04:36 PM
According to the Giddings Newspaper this week, Liberty Hill will be at Giddings on the 29th!

Old Tiger
02-08-2008, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by gtownfan
According to the Giddings Newspaper this week, Liberty Hill will be at Giddings on the 29th! I might go to that game.

pirate4state
02-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997
You aint the only one, dont know if I could take another running-up episiode. Remember though, what comes around goes around. Karma, its a b%$*@ ! boo hoo play some defense or better yet don't turn the ball over

Old Tiger
02-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
your lackey will be manor........i know they had a good year last year......but look at their district last year. Manor sucks. Easy district last year.

JJ7997
02-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
boo hoo play some defense or better yet don't turn the ball over

I've been quiet for over a month now, and the antagonists havent forgot me. :cool: Its good to still be welcome around here.

Centextrash
02-08-2008, 11:18 PM
You aint the only one, dont know if I could take another running-up episiode. Remember though, what comes around goes around. Karma, its a b%$*@ !

Gatesville was up by 7 at one point....and LH put the subs in 4th quarter...and took a knee inside the 20. You cannot help it if they score 70 points in a 2 quarter span....

The game got out of hand early....I heard a rumor trhat the Gatesville linemen were laughing at the LH kids as they were walking out, thinking it would be easy. Any way, game got out of hand early, then the hornets lied down...LH was not trying to run it up. It is hard not to tell the back up RB to fall down after he clears the line, so he doesn't score.

K-MAC Chuck
02-09-2008, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I might go to that game.

You let us know if you do - I'm sure LHPM and I would like to meet up with you and/or anyone else from the 3ADL board!

K-MAC Chuck
02-09-2008, 07:29 AM
The ‘new’ region surprises most in LHISD moreso than the new district

By Chuck Licata
Independent Sports

The UIL’s realignment holds the same “aura” as March Madness does in NCAA Division I basketball – it’s exciting and one has no idea what to expect when the results are announced.
This year’s realignment results were certainly shocking to some.
Liberty Hill found itself sitting with Burnet, Llano, Wimberley, Ingram Tom Moore, Fredericksburg and Fischer Canyon Lake in the newly-aligned District 8-3A for the next two years (with the alignment taking effect starting this fall for both football and volleyball).
While most of the coaches in the new District 8-3A found the district’s placement in Region I a major surprise, LHHS coach Jerry Vance said he actually saw it coming.
“As I visited with coaches, I though we had a chance of being placed in Region I simply because of the (enrollment) numbers,” stated Vance, whose Panthers and Lady Panthers will play in regional competitions in western cities such as Lubbock and Odessa. “(The district 8-3A makeup) is not a big shock. Still, it was a bit of a surprise being placed in Region I which encompasses about two-thirds of the state of Texas in land mass. When you talk about going from Liberty Hill to El Paso, you’re covering a lot of ground there.”
LHISD Superintendent Dr. Dean Andrews was happy with the district – although he was caught a bit off guard with the new region.
“We’re happy with the realignment and the seven-team district,” Andrews stated. “We were having a difficult time finding opponents for non-district part of schedule so the UIL helped us there. Yes, I was very surprised to be placed in Region I. We’ve been in Region III and IV the past two (realignments) so we may be the only school that’s been in three different regions in six years.
“We’re looking forward to reuniting with the likes of Llano, Wimberley, Burnet and Ingram. Fredericksburg isn’t new to us since we’ve played them in non-district. Canyon Lake is a new school so we don’t know what to really expect from them.”
Andrews and his staff are already planning for the travel “situation” that the new region will present.
“There will be some different obstacles to overcome,” Andrews revealed. “Traveling to Lubbock or Odessa for possible regional competition will be a long trip, but it won’t be much different than traveling to Kingsville as we do right now. But overall, the travel part will be somewhat more challenging than what we have seen in the past.
“One example is when you have to dismiss kids early so they can get to competitions. What people don’t understand is we take three busses each for band and athletics, plus another two trucks and two vans. Overall that’s 10 vehicles out on road. That puts a real crunch on us and we’ll look to make every trip a safe trip and it won’t be made without caution and concern. When you look at amount of gas, it will definitely be costly considering the (rising) price of gas.”
As for the competition in Region I, Vance said, “You look at this region (and you see football teams like) Vernon, which has been in the 3A playoffs every year. Abilene Wylie won a championship a few years ago and they played in the state semifinals this year. You have a legendary school in Brownwood – they’re an awesome program.”
Vance added, “Schools up and down this region play great football and great sports. Our district itself has won the last three state titles (Liberty Hill in 2006-07 and Wimberley in ’05).. Burnet made it to the state finals two years in a row (in 2002-03). Fredericksburg has been a playoff team in Class 4A and Llano made it three rounds deep into the playoffs this past season.”
While the Panthers and Lady Panthers will look west for most of their competition, Vance stopped and reflected on the football competition here in Central Texas.
“You look at Class 3A football throughout Central Texas and you see Bandera won a state championship recently; Wimberley won a state championship’ Burnet’s been in the state finals; and, Hutto made it to the state finals. Class 3A teams in Central Texas play great football. As a coach if you’re on your “A” game then you’re in trouble.”
Vance then thought of one of his current district foes, Hutto, which was bumped up to Class 4A in the new alignment. “Coach (Lee) Penland, I’m pretty sure, is probably happy to be up in Class 4A – he may not be thrilled with the traveling he’ll have to do but boy, (Class) 3A football in Central Texas is about as good as you get right now.”

The competition in the new district will not be relegated to just the athletic field and court, according to Andrews.
“I’m expecting competition for academics to be harder now; there have been a large number of schools from the Lubbock area, in particular, that compete very well in academic pursuits. Academically, our schools are pretty close to those schools except for the fine arts facilities. I look forward to the day our fine arts program has facilities equal to those schools in our district.
“When we look at stadium size, we won’t match up with Burnet, Fredericksburg and Canyon Lake. With Wimberley we’re pretty close, and we’re a little ahead of Llano and Ingram. When people from those schools come they’ll let us know we don’t have the seating capacity they’re used to.”
Andrews then paused to reflect on the district picture – overall – and had nothing but praise for everyone involved.
“Our school board has been tremendous in the support they’ve given,” he started. “Our administrative staff has the children in mind on every decision they make. Each staff member at LHISD – from the teachers to the bus drivers to the cafeteria workers – have been a pleasure to work with; they serve the students whose parents are committed to a better education. We pray daily for wisdom, guidance and direction so we can make this school district exemplary in everything we do.”
Andrews concluded, “I think the greatest support that comes from those parents who entrust us with their children every day. As an employee of the district I want to say think you to everyone who has responsibility here in the district – it’s (those folks who) make this thing a very pleasant experience for every child who attends our school.”

JJ7997
02-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Centextrash
Gatesville was up by 7 at one point....and LH put the subs in 4th quarter...and took a knee inside the 20. You cannot help it if they score 70 points in a 2 quarter span....

You cant explain away the fact that Allman and Gonzalez were still in when LH was up into the 50's. Like there was any real chance Gatesville would come back. I was there and I saw it, although I'm sure there will be a barrage of denial . Which brings me to my next question, why was LH scared to schedule Celina in Pre-district ?

solocam
02-09-2008, 10:38 PM
Liberty Hill afraid to play Celina,Thats the stupidist thing i've heard this year

Panther One
02-11-2008, 02:32 AM
You cant explain away the fact that Allman and Gonzalez were still in when LH was up into the 50's. Like there was any real chance Gatesville would come back. I was there and I saw it, although I'm sure there will be a barrage of denial . Which brings me to my next question, why was LH scared to schedule Celina in Pre-district ?
We had five games this past season in which we had a 40+ point lead after the third quarter. In each of these games, our coaches handled substitutions the same way. Four of the teams continued to battle throughout the 4th. The one you speak of gave up, so take your sob story somewhere else.

Gatesville: 49 point lead after 3rd. Won by 63 and ended with kneel downs inside the 20.
Hutto: 46 point lead after 3rd. Won by 45.
Taylor: 49 point lead after 3rd. Won by 45.
Cameron: 42 point lead after 3rd. Won by 49.
Pleasanton: 42 point lead after 3rd. Won by 42.

And in regards to your other quesiton, I believe solocam summed it up nicely.

Centextrash
02-11-2008, 10:23 AM

Travel.....have you seen the cost of Gas?
If you say meet half-way, then you talking stadium rental fees.
Then what do you do with Sub-varsity...

LH Panther Mom
02-11-2008, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Centextrash
Travel.....have you seen the cost of Gas?
If you say meet half-way, then you talking stadium rental fees.
Then what do you do with Sub-varsity...
Come on. You know we were scared. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Talk about ludicrous! :doh:

buff4life
02-11-2008, 01:34 PM
JJ don't you know LH does no wrong and all other schools just scoop up their mighty poop!!

pirate4state
02-11-2008, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
JJ don't you know LH does no wrong and all other schools just scoop up their mighty poop!! That's right ..... don't forget your place! You missed a spot!

Panther One
02-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
JJ don't you know LH does no wrong and all other schools just scoop up their mighty poop!!
Since we're playing y'all in Week 0 next year...

Getcha poop scoops ready!

crabman
02-11-2008, 09:48 PM
I haven't seen it on here but Devine is open week 10 and then has the "nonexistent" District 30 the first week of the playoffs so they could have three weeks to prepare for their first playoff game. Almost like Ohio State.

pirate4state
02-11-2008, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by crabman
I haven't seen it on here but Devine is open week 10 and then has the "nonexistent" District 30 the first week of the playoffs so they could have three weeks to prepare for their first playoff game. Almost like Ohio State. Will it matter? :p j/k - What do the Warhorses have coming back?

manormustangs
02-11-2008, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Manor sucks. Easy district last year.
rockdale sucks ....easy district besides liberty hill.....everyone else in that district fell offfffffffffff......
liberty hill will beat manor this coming year they are just too good...just stating the truth.....besides manor got moved to a tougher district so liberty hill can prepare manor for that district...