PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell loses to Marlin 31-0

CHS_05
10-25-2003, 09:57 AM
What do ya'll think bout this game??? I think that the Caldwell boys did really good in the first half!!! But now on to Troy!!
Go Hornets...Beat Troy

johnhenryfaulk
10-25-2003, 10:00 AM
I think dem hernets ain't gonna get in the dance. That is what I think......

Chris Hart
10-25-2003, 10:47 AM
Is Marlin going to shutout the entire district over there or what?

Tiger_03
10-25-2003, 11:57 AM
yeah chris I think they will shut out all 18aaa teams this year. I dont think Rockdale ever got inside of the 20 yard line but 2 maybe 3 times.

keep_it_real
10-25-2003, 12:03 PM
Wait to go marlin!!! as if this wasnt excpected

theyoefnshow
10-25-2003, 12:27 PM
Looks like they might have a 5 game streak but you never know.....Lorena isn't a pushover and Cameron just got a taste of what a win is and if they beat Rockdale, then Marlin is do or die and I"d expect them to pull out all the stops.

fb_gurl
10-25-2003, 07:36 PM
The boys from Caldwell played a good game last night. I'm proud of them all. I did get the opportunity to talk to a few of the guys and they were all upset over the loss. I think that they will get their heads screwed on right and pull of the wins for the last to games of the season.

Go Hornets lets beat troy!

CHS_Drummer04
10-25-2003, 11:25 PM
Let's hope so fb_gurl. Now that playoffs are out of the picture, they are fighting for their reputation. GO HORNETS!!! BEAT TROY!!!

CHS_CG
10-26-2003, 01:15 AM
CHS_Drummer04, its not totally out of the pic is it. If we win against both Lorena and Troy we have a chance I do believe. Our boys did a good job and they will a good job next Friday. I believe in you guys, I know you can do it!

GOOD LUCK SWARM BEAT TROY!

cant stop me
10-26-2003, 04:19 PM
i dont see caldwell betting Lorena

hornet_06
10-26-2003, 04:59 PM
CHS_Drummer04:
Now that playoffs are out of the picture, they are fighting for their reputation. GO HORNETS!!! BEAT TROY!!!Play-offs aren't out of the picture yet! we still have two more games to play! if we win both of them we're in the play-offs! good luck guys!

cHs_gUaRd_06
10-26-2003, 07:03 PM
I think the boys played a good game (both teames)- The problem was the Marlin fans... they had NO! right 2 "boo" the band/colorguard/twirlers! That was the sorriest thing I'v ever seen in my life! Shows how much class and maturity yall have!

MARLINFAN
10-26-2003, 08:32 PM
chs guard 06 i dont see why you said marlin fans booed the guard/ twirlerds from caldwell when they were probally better than ours. i didt see or hear any booing from marlin fans. most of the high school students were under the stands by the conecsion stands not paying attention to the bands at all, so thats why i know that any adults from marlin booed your guards when all they do is clap for other bands like other fans from other teams should do to ours

CHS_CG
10-26-2003, 09:54 PM
Well I am in colorguard and when we were walking off to the left at the very end of the stands they boo'd us. It wasnt very many people but you could hear it.

CHS_Drummer04
10-26-2003, 10:00 PM
Well it sure happened MARLINFAN; I was there, in the band. It wasn't the crowed in the middle, but rather on the left side, the side we marched out. I was real appreciative of the clapping and cheering for us, but I lost respect for the Marlin people when those few people booed us. Show some respect; the fans of Caldwell did last year to your band, why did ya'll have to do it to us? And to the play off situation, many stars will have to line up before Caldwell will go to the playoffs. One they must win the next 2 games and two, certain other teams must lose by a certain number of points. The possibility of that happening is slim, but, yes i will say, the Hornets can go to playoffs, its just a very very silm chance. I will still support them, no matter what happens. GO HORNETS!!! BEAT TROY!!!

<small>[ October 26, 2003, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: CHS_Drummer04 ]</small>

HornetMom
10-27-2003, 09:33 AM
Several of us parents were up in the press box filming our performance and I have to say that the fans in front of us were very supportive and seemed to enjoy the show.
But a few rotten apples......there seems to always be some. :(
Thanks to the fans that show their appreciation and to the ones that booed... :p Shame on you.
Now its time to move on to Troy for us and Lorena for Marlin. Good luck to both teams. And good show to both bands. :D :D

faithfuldog
10-27-2003, 01:31 PM
Caldwell has a good team and y'all are one or two steps from being a real contender. good luck on the rest of the season. i happened to be at the marlin game for homecoming festivities and i did not hear any booing from the crowd. i'll bet you guys mistook some lively chatter, ribbing, and re miniscing, etc. among old schoolmates as booing.
Putting down another schools band is something Marlin fans would not do. Keep on keeping on!