PDA

View Full Version : A Miracle! My 15 Year Old Son Beat Me In Chess!!

Phil C
02-05-2008, 11:43 AM
It was the first time he ever beat me for real (when I didn't let him but shhhhhh!). Mistakes are what beat you in this game and I made a big one and didn't watch out for my queen and when he got that he did what he had to do to win which he did. Like his old man he was determined to not let this one get away. I lost but "sniff sniff" I am so proud.

crzyjournalist03
02-05-2008, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
It was the first time he ever beat me for real (when I didn't let him but shhhhhh!). Mistakes are what beat you in this game and I made a big one and didn't watch out for my queen and when he got that he did what he had to do to win which he did. Like his old man he was determined to not let this one get away. I lost but "sniff sniff" I am so proud.

Phil, did you know that Bobby Fisher once sacrificed his queen on the fifteenth move of the game, causing a collective gasp from onlookers, but he still won the game?

Phil C
02-05-2008, 11:53 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Phil, did you know that Bobby Fisher once sacrificed his queen on the fifteenth move of the game, causing a collective gasp from onlookers, but he still won the game? [/QUOTE

I am ashamed to say I didn't know that. Was it a sacrifice or did he carelessly lose the queen like I did?

crzyjournalist03
02-05-2008, 11:59 AM
I'm sorry, it was actually the 17th move and it was a sacrifice...but here's the story and play-by-play! Brilliance!

http://www.bobby-fischer.net/game_of_the_century_chess.htm

Phil C
02-05-2008, 12:02 PM
Brilliant indeed!

Adidas410s
02-05-2008, 12:20 PM
Congrats to your son! :)