PDA

View Full Version : Toughest New Region

booger
02-05-2008, 11:34 AM
New to the site and 3a and was wondering what is the toughest region top to bottom?
I know some regions 1&2 have 3 state winners in the last 2 years and 4 championship games but what region is the toughest to get out of year in and year out?

BOOG

Adidas410s
02-05-2008, 11:41 AM
People would say Region 3 for the past two years...before that it was probably Region 2...for the upcoming 2 years Region 1 is the early favorite.

NastySlot
02-05-2008, 11:47 AM
hard to say....region I has some salty teams....but region III is load with talent and speed.

Rocket Dad
02-05-2008, 11:50 AM
Region 1 has more top 10 type teams, Region 3 is stronger from top to bottom.

Old Tiger
02-05-2008, 02:18 PM
I'm not sold on region I just yet. LH, Brownwood, China Spring, and A. Wylie are my three favorites. Also I am not sold on Burnet yet. One last thing I should throw in is that I think UIL split the teams up throughout the regions fairly and gave a more competitive edge to each. This is how I see it by judging top teams from the regions.

Region I: Abilene Wylie, LH+, China Spring, &Brownwood*.
Region I Bubble: Burnet, Wimberely, Snyder, & Burkburnett.

Region II: Celina+, Paris, Dallas Madison*, Texarakana L-E.
REgion II Bubble:[/i] Dallas Roosevelt, Canton, & Farmersville.

Region III: Gilmer, Jasper, Waco La Vega+, West Orange Stark, Madisonville*, & Navasota
Region III Bubbe:[/i] Tatum, Diboll, Robinson, Palestine, & Carthage.

Region IV: Cuero*, Port Isabel, & Giddings.
Region IV Bubble: Sealy+, Gonzales, Bandera, & Hondo.

* Denotes Division I Favorite in region
+ Denotes Division II Favore in region
(Picks are tenative and subject for change as more information becomes available)

BobcatBenny
02-05-2008, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
. . . Region I: Abilene Wylie, LH+, China Spring, &Brownwood*.
. . .
(Picks are tenative and subject for change as more information becomes available)
Unless Abilene Wylie chokes and misses the playoffs, Brownwood is Div II. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Old Tiger
02-05-2008, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Unless Abilene Wylie chokes and misses the playoffs, Brownwood is Div II. :eek: :eek: :eek: that is why it is subject to change benny ;)

LH Panther Mom
02-05-2008, 02:30 PM
I'm not sold on region I just yet. LH, Brownwood, China Spring, and A. Wylie are my three favorites.
And to think, I actually thought about taking you seriously for a change. :devil: :devil:

BobcatBenny
02-05-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
And to think, I actually thought about taking you seriously for a change. :devil: :devil:
Wow mom, got a little time on your hands? :clap: :clap: :clap:

Old Tiger
02-05-2008, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
And to think, I actually thought about taking you seriously for a change. :devil: :devil: crap, I changed CS at the last second and forgot that I didn't change that part :( Please forgive me great one please!

Texasfootball2
02-05-2008, 03:01 PM
I'm not sold on region I just yet. LH, Brownwood, China Spring, and A. Wylie are my three favorites. Also I am not sold on Burnet yet. One last thing I should throw in is that I think UIL split the teams up throughout the regions fairly and gave a more competitive edge to each. This is how I see it by judging top teams from the regions.

Region III: Gilmer, Jasper, Waco La Vega+, West Orange Stark, Madisonville*, & Navasota

You have to delete Tatum from this list for now. The have to earn their way into respectable contention after the total butte whoppin they took from Gilmer last year.

charlesrixey
02-05-2008, 03:02 PM
Region I, then
Region III
Region IV
Region II

Old Tiger
02-05-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
You have to delete Tatum from this list for now. The have to earn their way into respectable contention after the total butte whoppin they took from Gilmer last year. If you notice there are the elite teams then there are the bubble teams.

lion75
02-05-2008, 04:06 PM

(Picks are tenative and subject for change as more information becomes available) How did Burk make this list after finishing in 3rd place in their district last year and 4th place the year before? Graham and Vernon are consistantly better than Burk.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
02-05-2008, 04:09 PM

Thanks for giving Port Isabel a nod. We've got one helluva Junior class coming up (Sophs currently) with a pretty talented Senior class coming in. Gonna be a real good next couple of years for ol' Port Isabel.

Texasfootball2
02-05-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by lion75
How did Burk make this list after finishing in 3rd place in their district last year and 4th place the year before? Graham and Vernon are consistantly better than Burk.

I would have to agree with lion75:clap:

cshscougar08
02-05-2008, 04:35 PM
I would have to say that Robinson doesn't need to be on this list as well. They are losing a lot again this year. I would have to say that region I is the new toughest, with III right behind. Just because of a couple move-ins from region III last year.

Ranger Mom
02-05-2008, 04:40 PM
I'm not sold on region I just yet. LH, Brownwood, China Spring, and A. Wylie are my three favorites.

So, out of the 4 teams you listed we get to guess what 3 you like best???:confused: