PDA

View Full Version : New District 24 2009 recruiting.

navscanmaster
02-05-2008, 06:17 AM
Dexter Pratt (Navasota) and Chris Whaley (Madisonville) are two of the top prospects at RB in the nation, not to mention the state of Texas. We've heard all about these guys enough, so throw out some your returning players, even if they are only sophomores this year. Who are the best of the best in District 24 next year, and why do they deserve a shot at Division One?

I'll start.

Brandall Jackson, WR Navasota: Had 39 catches in 2007 for 756 yards and 8 TDs as a junior. Wears number 4. Seems to be somewhat overlooked due to Pratt and Stokes well known combo at RB and QB. But Stokes had to have somebody to throw to in order to get his recognition. And this is the man. At 6'1, 190 pounds, probably not as big as most D1 schools would like, but has the hands, blocking ability, speed, jumps and sheer ability to outplay most defenders for a catch, even in double coverage (as witnessed several times this year). Personally, this guy was the most electrifying player on the team IMO, and that is saying a lot on a team with Pratt on the roster.

Highlights: Hearne-Outjumped Hearne defender from behind on an underthrown pass, snatching the ball from Eagle DB's hands, and taking it the rest of the way for TD.
Giddings-After tripping wide open in the endzone and failing to complete a wide open catch that would have brought the Rattlers within a TD, got behind Buffalo DB's and adjusted to make a falling backward catch for a TD that did pull the big blue within a TD.
Jasper-With the Rattlers looking to tie things up with the Bulldogs during an amazing comeback, things got hairy on 4th and long when Jasper's zone defense collapsed on Jackson, yet he hauled in the jumping catch with three defenders within 2 feet of the ball, securing the catch and the first down even with the hits he immediately took.

Rockdale, Cameron, Caldwell, Madisonville, and Taylor, chime in. Rudder is all sophs next year, so they are exempt.

Bull19
02-05-2008, 09:07 AM
talk about having some man crush's.

yoemenkracker30
02-05-2008, 11:26 AM
I would love to see Cameron's Junior QB & RB combo of Stephen Townsend and James Wells have growth spurts here pretty soon, they have promising futures if they keep working hard.....Townsend looked good last year as he was trying to learn the offense, Wells doesn't really have the size right now, but can really get in and out of a hole

NastySlot
02-05-2008, 11:38 AM
Cameron has some really good talent coming up.

Adidas410s
02-05-2008, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
true...true...

navscanmaster
02-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
true...true...

Its called singing a players praises that is overlooked due to a superstar teammate. I grew tired of hearing Will Clay this, Will Clay that, Chris Whaley this, Dexter Pratt that..........besides, the title says new district 24 recruiting...........:rolleyes:

FYOTTTCO

Bull19
02-05-2008, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Bull19

ill ditto myself on this one

runthequarter
02-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
Cameron has some really good talent coming up.

They better. The best team that played in Cameron last year was Bremond in a playoff game.

c-town_balla
02-05-2008, 09:32 PM
...or liberty hill

but hey how about the home team....a playoff team

but o I forgot Cameron is horrible