PDA

View Full Version : What Does Last Night do for Bradys Greatest Qb of all Time Claim

eagles_victory
02-04-2008, 03:14 PM
I think it has to take a hit when you compare it to some other greats who went undefeated in the Super Bowl such as Joe Montana and Troy Aikman (dont get me wrong not at all saying he is the greatest). However, Farve and Elway also lost Super Bowls. Its just usually some of the greatest QB's are known for great SB performances and usually arent one uped by what most would consider an average team in Super Bowl terms. I think another thing that hurts is that Toms best season statistically speaking will be remembered for not winning the Super Bowl

Leopards,class of 75
02-04-2008, 04:29 PM
3 out of 4 Super Bowls is not bad. And remember that Brady did what he had to do to win this game. And he could be back soon to win his 4th ring.

Jason1725
02-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Should be Montana and Bradshaw who both have 4-rings

big daddy russ
02-04-2008, 04:41 PM
Greatest of all-time is tough. If you want to argue rings, gotta go with Otto Graham. If you want to argue best in the Superbowl era, it's tough to say. Johnny Unitas and Joe Montana are widely considered the two best in the current era, and I still don't think Brady's too far behind. If you want to argue best QB overall, Dan Marino's just as good as all the rest even though he never won a championship.

Also, you have to consider the fact that Montana was a system QB. If you put Joe Cool in any other offense, he'd struggle. Didn't have the arm strength that Marino, Elway, and others did. On the flip side, Elway was the perfect quarterback. He could throw the football 80 yards in the air, was as accurate as anyone, and was one of the best scrambling QB's the NFL had ever seen... and he played his entire career with a torn ACL. Still, is he really "greater" than Montana?

It's such a difficult list to make, who's greater than who. How do you determine it? Do you factor in natural ability, the system, the supporting cast, what is it?

In all honesty, Brady's already proven what he can do against some great defenses. Last night was just one game out of many, and as much as I hate him and the Pats I don't think it'll diminish his legacy too much.

Old Tiger
02-04-2008, 05:39 PM
bradshaw sucked.

1. Montana
2. Marino
2a. Favre
3. Brady
4. Unitas
5. P. Manning

Rocket Dad
02-04-2008, 05:59 PM
Bradshaw probably the best ... toughness, passing, scrambling

Gobbla2001
02-04-2008, 06:34 PM
I think Brady did a pretty good job last night considering how insanely well the Giants' front seven played... he did a great job last night with what he had... and I don't remember him throwing an INT which is what always happens under pressure (if he did throw an INT it must have been the one time I was away from the TV)...

Brady still has a lot of playing to do, and I think he's already one of the best of all time... last night doesn't go against him in any way from my point of view (esspecially when you throw a ball 72 yards and it's on target to a receiver in stride, that was just great defense)...

Old Tiger
02-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Rocket Dad
Bradshaw probably the best ... toughness, passing, scrambling worst

SpeedOption
02-04-2008, 07:15 PM
Bart Starr has 5 and is forgotten.

thewyliefan
02-04-2008, 08:16 PM
the best is hard to define if you ask me. everyone of those guys were so good. but w/ brady i say give him another year or 2 and he will THE best of all time. even if he doesnt win his 4th. hes got the whole "i was drafted at the end and went to starter and won a bunch" thing going for him.

PHS Wildcats
02-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
worst

How is Bradshaw the wrost?:eek: :confused:

LH Panther Mom
02-04-2008, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
How is Bradshaw the wrost?:eek: :confused:
He doesn't know. :D

Old Tiger
02-04-2008, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
How is Bradshaw the wrost?:eek: :confused: Sure he won 4 super bowls but that doesn't make him the best all time. Look at his stats. They are no bueno.

LH Panther Mom
02-04-2008, 09:18 PM
Sure he won 4 super bowls but that doesn't make him the best all time. Look at his stats. They are no bueno.
Stats don't win games....I thought you knew that. :p

Old Tiger
02-04-2008, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Stats don't win games....I thought you knew that. :p Your right but neither did Bradshaw. He should be thankful for his RB and that steel curtain defense.

big daddy russ
02-04-2008, 11:26 PM
Sure he won 4 super bowls but that doesn't make him the best all time. Look at his stats. They are no bueno.
Look at Aikman's stats. How many times did he throw 20 TD's? Once? Twice?