PDA

View Full Version : Eli Manning's "The Drive"

turbostud
02-04-2008, 01:18 PM
Should his game winning drive now be considered "The Drive"? Did he just one up John Elway? Elways "the Drive" didnt even happen in a Super Bowl.

crzyjournalist03
02-04-2008, 01:42 PM
I dunno...I told my friend before the game that to me it's always looked like Eli was stuck in puberty. Then at halftime, one of the analysts said that he looked to be "coming of age". I vote for calling it "Eli's Postbubescent Party"!!!

charlesrixey
02-04-2008, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I dunno...I told my friend before the game that to me it's always looked like Eli was stuck in puberty. Then at halftime, one of the analysts said that he looked to be "coming of age". I vote for calling it "Eli's Postbubescent Party"!!!

i still think eli is overrated

Rabbit'93
02-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Eli didn't win the game for the Giants...The D did. Eli just didn't lose it.

Txbroadcaster
02-04-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Eli didn't win the game for the Giants...The D did. Eli just didn't lose it.

Sorry but the game came down to Eli driving his team the length of the field to win it..that is a QB winning the game

Rabbit'93
02-04-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Sorry but the game came down to Eli driving his team the length of the field to win it..that is a QB winning the game Makes sense but I disagree. The defense had more to do with this win than Eli did.

Txbroadcaster
02-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Makes sense but I disagree. The defense had more to do with this win than Eli did.

Maybe..but the D also gave up the TD that put Eli in the role to have to make the comeback

coach
02-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Eli is the MVP and this is why

No disrespect to the effort by the giants defense and strahan and tuck and osi but if u remeber correctly eli drove down the field and took a fourth qrt lead 10-7 then the pats drove down the field to take a 14-10 lead on that giants defense. Now the defense did hold them to 14 points and all those sacks and hurries and blah blah blah but when they were down 14-10 with 2:00 left 3rd and 10 who got them the first down...who made an unbelieable tony romo like play that got away from 4 dl and made a perfect throw to his wr then drove down the field somemore and landed the football beautifully in plaxico's hands for the game winning td..yes the giants d played great but who led the team when they were behind in the fourth qrt?????

slpybear the bullfan
02-04-2008, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by coach
Eli is the MVP and this is why

who made an unbelieable tony romo like play that got away from 4 dl and made a perfect throw to his wr

Don't really agree with that... the perfect throw part. He jacked one up deep and Tyree made an incredibly lucky/skilled catch. Eli did do a fantastic job of getting out of the grasp of the two DL who had grabbed his shirt.

coach
02-04-2008, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Don't really agree with that... the perfect throw part. He jacked one up deep and Tyree made an incredibly lucky/skilled catch. Eli did do a fantastic job of getting out of the grasp of the two DL who had grabbed his shirt.

he made a throw where only his reciever could only catch

big daddy russ
02-04-2008, 04:11 PM
It's a hell of a drive. Every bit as impressive as Elway's drive because he had less time to work with and it was on a bigger stage, even though Elway's drive went almost the whole length of the field. No doubt, Eli came of age last night.

Leopards,class of 75
02-04-2008, 04:24 PM
All I can say is it took everything from every player on the Giants to win that game! I do believe that Eli Manning is the M.V.P., but this was a TEAM win in itself. This is how ALL Super Bowls should be, good till the last second! What a a game and what a season for both of these teams.

turbostud
02-04-2008, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Sorry but the game came down to Eli driving his team the length of the field to win it..that is a QB winning the game
I agree. The D has to be given its props but I think that drive is going to be talked about alot in the future.

piratebg
02-04-2008, 10:54 PM
The Giants D did its part to stop the Patriots. The offense did its job to score more points than the Patriots. If the Giants had scored some defensive TDs or caused a bunch of turnovers that lead to more points, then I'd have to agree with the whole D winning the game. Both teams defenses did a pretty good job slowing down the opposition.