PDA

View Full Version : Abilene Wylie's Schedule!

Texasfootball2
02-04-2008, 09:09 AM
Heard this info this weekend from a very reliable source.

wk zero Vernon
wk one Liberty Hill
wk two Frenship
wk three Waco Lavega
wk four **Still looking for a game***
wk five possible open

District- In no particular order
Snyder
Brownwood
Graham
Sweetwater
Breckenridge

I doubt anyone will play a tougher schedule.

BwdLion_80
02-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Heard this info this weekend from a very reliable source.

wk zero Vernon
wk one Liberty Hill
wk two Frenship
wk three Waco Lavega
wk four **Still looking for a game***
wk five possible open

District- In no particular order
Snyder
Brownwood
Graham
Sweetwater
Breckenridge

I doubt anyone will play a tougher schedule.

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: I can think of one!

BEAST
02-04-2008, 10:07 AM
I can to!

BEAST

runthequarter
02-04-2008, 10:19 AM
San Angelo Lake View

Texasfootball2
02-04-2008, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: I can think of one!

Hey! Is the Brownwood/Liberty Hill game still going to happen? Thought they might cancel since there's a chance of them both being Div 2 in the playoffs.

I will admit that Brownwoods schedule is also very tough, and is probably every bit as tough as Wylie's. But, if you noticed I used the word "tougher" not "toughest" in my statement. Liberty Hill and some of the other District 8 teams may also play a tough schedule that is comparable.

This is going to be one interesting region next year (reg 1). I can't wait:D

LH Panther Mom
02-04-2008, 11:35 AM
And we (LH folks) will have new peeps to "talk to". Fresh meat... :devil: :devil: :p

Sweetwater Red
02-04-2008, 11:35 AM
Hey! Is the Brownwood/Liberty Hill game still going to happen? Thought they might cancel since there's a chance of them both being Div 2 in the playoffs.

I will admit that Brownwoods schedule is also very tough, and is probably every bit as tough as Wylie's. But, if you noticed I used the word "tougher" not "toughest" in my statement. Liberty Hill and some of the other District 8 teams may also play a tough schedule that is comparable.

I'll just be happy if we have the bye week before we play ya'll
this time around. That will give us an extra week to work on our
passing game.:thinking: :D

LH Panther Mom
02-04-2008, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
That will give us an extra week to work on our
I'm thinking now would be a good time to start. :D

BwdLion_80
02-04-2008, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I'll just be happy if we have the bye week before we play ya'll
this time around. That will give us an extra week to work on our

Sweetwater and passing game, that is 2 things that just don't go together! :doh: :doh: :doh:

BwdLion_80
02-04-2008, 11:39 AM

I have not heard anything about it being cancelled. Coach Freeman has said that it was very hard just to find 5 non-district games, I cannot imagine them canceling one that is set up.

Texasfootball2
02-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
I have not heard anything about it being cancelled. Coach Freeman has said that it was very hard just to find 5 non-district games, I cannot imagine them canceling one that is set up.

Just comparing AW and Bwoods schedule

Bwood AW
Burnet Vernon =
Liberty Hill Liberty Hill same
Stephville Frenship =
Waco LV Waco LV same
Manor ???????

District same

I would like to see Liberty Hills schedule. These two are equally tough.

LH Panther Mom
02-04-2008, 11:50 AM

Bwood AW
Burnet Vernon =
Stephville Frenship =
Waco LV Waco LV same
Manor ???????

District same

the Hill:
Giddings
AW
Manor
Brownwood

Texasfootball2
02-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
the Hill:
Giddings
AW
Manor
Brownwood

Very nice. Don't know much about Manor. Is Manor 3A or 4A and what kind of program do they have?

LH Panther Mom
02-04-2008, 12:05 PM
Very nice. Don't know much about Manor. Is Manor 3A or 4A and what kind of program do they have?
4a...they moved up the last alignment.

I haven't seen them play since 2005, so I'm not sure how they are now, other than they won their district this past season, but lost in the first round.

Texasfootball2
02-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
4a...they moved up the last alignment.

I haven't seen them play since 2005, so I'm not sure how they are now, other than they won their district this past season, but lost in the first round.

LH Panther Mom

Do you know if the AW/LH game is in Abilene or LH this year?

LH Panther Mom
02-04-2008, 12:27 PM
LH Panther Mom

Do you know if the AW/LH game is in Abilene or LH this year?
Sorry, no clue. I was only told who.

Adidas410s
02-04-2008, 02:04 PM

Bwood AW
Burnet Vernon =
Stephville Frenship =
Waco LV Waco LV same
Manor ???????

District same

I don't know if Burnet would be on equal footing with Vernon based on the past few years...but it's kinda splitting hairs. I would put Stephenville a notch above Frenship. Frenship is fortunate to "not have to play anybody" in the first few rounds of the playoffs and usually struggles once they play anybody from Wichita Falls going east.

Texasfootball2
02-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I don't know if Burnet would be on equal footing with Vernon based on the past few years...but it's kinda splitting hairs. I would put Stephenville a notch above Frenship. Frenship is fortunate to "not have to play anybody" in the first few rounds of the playoffs and usually struggles once they play anybody from Wichita Falls going east.

Aledo did have to come from behind at the end of the game this year to eliminate Frenship. The last couple of years Aledo and Stephenville have pretty much been toss ups. It is splitting hairs and region one in 4A overall is not very stout, but Frenship can usually play and compete with anybody.

Matthew328
02-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Region 1 in 4A not stout?? I'd say overall Region 1 in 4A the past 2 years was pretty salty

Frenship, Stephenville, Aledo, Everman, WF Rider, Keller Fossil Ridge, Denton Ryan...not a bad group there

Abilene Wylie I saw that Whitehouse has an opening for Week 4.....that would be a great matchup for Abilene Wylie

injuredinmelee
02-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Region 1 in 4A not stout?? I'd say overall Region 1 in 4A the past 2 years was pretty salty

Frenship, Stephenville, Aledo, Everman, WF Rider, Keller Fossil Ridge, Denton Ryan...not a bad group there

Abilene Wylie I saw that Whitehouse has an opening for Week 4.....that would be a great matchup for Abilene Wylie

we play them in hoops every year. They come to the Wylie Catclaw Tourney. I think their roundball coach and Sandifer went to college together.

thewyliefan
02-04-2008, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
we play them in hoops every year. They come to the Wylie Catclaw Tourney. I think their roundball coach and Sandifer went to college together.

i think ive heard that too about them going to school together

Matthew328
02-04-2008, 09:33 PM
Great reason to schedule the game....Whitehouse is a solid 4A program

sweetwater07
02-04-2008, 09:42 PM
our district is a tough one....i'm considering changing my fanhood to wylie...lol

Snyder_TigerFan
02-04-2008, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
our district is a tough one....i'm considering changing my fanhood to wylie...lol

:rolleyes: Why not? Your boyfriend did.

Fair weather fans.

thewyliefan
02-04-2008, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
:rolleyes: Why not? Your boyfriend did.

Fair weather fans.

one day you'll see the error of your ways and join the club:)

eagles72
02-05-2008, 09:08 AM
Not for sure, but I just heard this morning that Canyon will be taking the last spot on Abilene Wylies schedule.

Texasfootball2
02-05-2008, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by eagles72
Not for sure, but I just heard this morning that Canyon will be taking the last spot on Abilene Wylies schedule.

You heard correctly. Found out last night that we will be playing Canyon on wk 4. That rounds out this non district schedule.

Vernon
Liberty Hill
Frenship
Waco LV
Canyon

:foul:

Adidas410s
02-05-2008, 09:28 AM
You heard correctly. Found out last night that we will be playing Canyon on wk 4. That rounds out this non district schedule.

Vernon
Liberty Hill
Frenship
Waco LV
Canyon

:foul:
Maybe they'll play Canyon in Lubbock instead...

Texasfootball2
02-05-2008, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Maybe they'll play Canyon in Lubbock instead...

That would be nice, since we play Waco LV the week before. The week before we play Waco LV. I don't they will both be road games but these two schools are 450 miles apart. We actually had this situation with our past schedule. In 2006 we played Frenship on the road wk 3 and then played Wimberely on the road in wk 4 oddly enough these two schools are also 450 miles apart.:thinking: