Brady
Burnet
Celina
Forney
Madisonville
Marlin
Merkel
Rusk

Congrats and good luck to all ten teams.

Jimbotex40
07-07-2003, 03:18 PM
i hope forney plays against burnet, cuz if we beat them it would mean that we would have the upper hand, cuz we would have beat them at their own game (passing that is). they have an awesome QB and WR and i bet the WR can play some DB too, if needed.

forney proly has a better running game and burnet proly has a better passing game is what im trying to say.

when is this tournament?

i know its in Aggieland, and if its this weekend ill be there cuz im registering for class there.

PPHSfan
07-07-2003, 03:31 PM
Does Celina have a chance to be the first team to win it twice?

They probably don't have the enrollment to win it all this year though do they Old Card? I mean they had a whopping 300 ADM when they won in 2000 against Abilene Coopers 2,389 students HUH? :D

espn1
07-07-2003, 04:09 PM
Yes he can definetly play defense. He made the 1st. Team State Super Team, the only 3A man to do so. McGee the QB made the Second team on Offense (he's plenty good enough to have made the first team). He's the best highschool QB that I have personally ever watched.If my information is right? The Cinco Ranch Tourney is the first, that Burnet has played with all of their players.

<small>[ July 07, 2003, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: espn1 ]</small>

Keith7
07-07-2003, 04:13 PM
Yea i read somewhere that he had 10 ints.
i might be wrong so dont quote me...

And Gainesville should be goin.. they beat celina earlier this year

espn1
07-07-2003, 04:19 PM
The State tourney will be on the 18th. & 19th. of July.

bc 76
07-07-2003, 04:33 PM
Hey ESPN1 they did win that tourney at Cinco Ranch but the teams that were there are no where near the caliber of competion say like Bay City,LaMarque,Texas City,Houston Lamar,Yates,thats where you see real 4.4 speed.But i would like to see Burnet match up against teams like this if i'm not mistaken Forney did real good last year at the State 7-7 tourney.

Chris Hart
07-07-2003, 05:37 PM
bc 76:
Hey ESPN1 they did win that tourney at Cinco Ranch but the teams that were there are no where near the caliber of competion say like Bay City,LaMarque,Texas City,Houston Lamar,Yates,thats where you see real 4.4 speed.But i would like to see Burnet match up against teams like this if i'm not mistaken Forney did real good last year at the State 7-7 tourney.Burnet fared pretty well at last year's state tourney advancing to the final 8 before being eliminated by Katy Cinco Ranch(the eventual champion), and also eliminated the tourney favorite and defending champ Baytown Lee. Although I don't think Burnet's 7 on 7 team is as strong this year.

I expect Forney to make a good showing at the tourney, but even if they did play Burnet and win, I wouldn't say they would have the upper hand. Burnet's game is not passing, and it's not rushing, it's BALANCE and that's something that 7 on 7 doesn't offer. I really expect all the 3A teams to do well this year at state, and they all deserve congratulations already just for qualifying.

3afan
07-07-2003, 08:52 PM
Jimbotex40:
i hope forney plays against burnet, cuz if we beat them it would mean that we would have the upper hand, cuz we would have beat them at their own game (passing that is). they have an awesome QB and WR and i bet the WR can play some DB too, if needed.

forney proly has a better running game and burnet proly has a better passing game is what im trying to say.

when is this tournament?

i know its in Aggieland, and if its this weekend ill be there cuz im registering for class there.if forney plays burnet and beats them it means NOTHING ... if burnet wins it means NOTHING

jason
07-08-2003, 08:10 PM
Keith7:
Yea i read somewhere that he had 10 ints.
i might be wrong so dont quote me...

And Gainesville should be goin.. they beat celina earlier this yearSHOULDA, coulda, woulda...

sinton66
07-08-2003, 08:16 PM
Hey jason, if you guys win it all, don't show Keith a picture of your kids holding the trophy! :D :D :D

3afan2K3
07-08-2003, 08:53 PM
Does anyone know when the next time forney plays?

jason
07-08-2003, 09:39 PM
sinton66:
Hey jason, if you guys win it all, don't show Keith a picture of your kids holding the trophy! :D :D :D ...God forbid the day I ever have kids...

sinton66
07-08-2003, 09:43 PM
Ok, I meant Forney's kids, not necessarily yours . wink

jason
07-08-2003, 10:16 PM
sinton66:
Ok, I meant Forney's kids, not necessarily yours . wink gotcha