PDA

View Full Version : The Rematch: Liberty at Orangefield

noitall
11-08-2003, 03:04 PM
Liberty defeated Orangefield in Liberty last year in the first round of the playoffs. Orangefield was favored coming into the game mainly because of thier good running back Sauceda. Liberty contained him and won a low scoring defensive game. What are your thoughts this year. This game will be played in Orangefield.

St. Ivender
11-08-2003, 03:13 PM
noitall:
Liberty defeated Orangefield in Liberty last year in the first round of the playoffs. Orangefield was favored coming into the game mainly because of thier good running back Sauceda. Liberty contained him and won a low scoring defensive game. What are your thoughts this year. This game will be played in Orangefield.Prediction: Bring your mosquito dope.
Liberty 21
Orangefield 20

lbc05
11-08-2003, 04:25 PM
with oragefield playing a team that we have already played it gives us a good look at how they will play.... they are very tough football team... but for liberty 10-0 wasnt reached without out a little hard work... i believe if liberty plays how they should play this one will be in their favor.. i just dont think there is anyone that can stop our running attack so if we stick to what works we'll be fine... orangefield has a great pass game so we will have to work on containing that.. good luck to both teams!!!!!

RBARKER
11-08-2003, 10:29 PM
Gotta back my 22-3a family . Liberty by 2 TD's. Liberty will be a tough team for Orangfield to contain and likewise for liberty to contain the Orangefield passing attack. The Liberty D is tough though and should prevail. Good Luck panthers

sahen
11-09-2003, 01:05 AM
Liberty should win...but i think it wil be a high scoring affair..Orangefield will have trouble w/ liberty's run cause they had probs last year and liberty is much better on offense and has less turnovers...but Liberty's secondary is questionable and not really been tested too much this year...atleast not in a while...so it will be interesting to see how they do against a passing offense...I still say liberty will win by a couple because if they run like they been running all year they should control the pace of the game....

crunkandfocused
11-09-2003, 04:34 AM
I think this is going to be primarily a defensive game with the best defense coming out on top. I believe OF will have a few big plays giving them 14 points or so, but Liberty will come out on top. OF 14, Liberty 20. Good luck to both teams. GO PANTHERS!

lbc05
11-09-2003, 01:48 PM
definetly going to be a a defensive battle but i look for liberty to put it all together.. we've been playing better and better every week and our hard work has payed off for the regular season... orangefield is a worthy opponent and it will be a great game for the fans.. and lets not forget liberty had 6 road games this season so they are no stranger to goin on the road.. good luck to both teams....

the-O-fence
11-09-2003, 08:58 PM
As long as Liberty can shut down Orangefields passing game then they should come out with a win.

Hupernikomen
11-09-2003, 09:52 PM
the-O-fence:
As long as Liberty can shut down Orangefields passing game then they should come out with a win.I know Liberty didn't have a much of a test through the air during district.

pgamgt1982
11-10-2003, 03:53 AM
Understated predictions. This game will be controlled by Liberty from kickoff til' the buzzer reads 0:00. I'm not even sure if I want to give a score on this game. I will go ahead and say this, Liberty by 3 TD's at the least. There is no way in all of football that O-field will be able to contain anything Liberty attacks on. Liberty will adjust to their somewhat "highly regarded passing attack" and once that occurs its all Smart wants to do. Swiftly will carry for 100+ as well, making the Panther Offense have 350yards on the ground. Not even close.

I'll go ahead and give a score, hmmm

Panthers 42
Bobcats 14

Giving me a 10-1 record on Predictions this season!

CSQB7
11-10-2003, 10:22 AM
I have to give congrats to Liberty on taking district in 22-3a and since yall put a killing on Coldspring where Im from do the same in playoffs and represent for 22-3a. The momentum is going yall way 10-0 keep it going.Liberty by 2 TD's.

Old No. 7
11-10-2003, 10:53 AM
CSQB7:
I have to give congrats to Liberty on taking district in 22-3a and since yall put a killing on Coldspring where Im from do the same in playoffs and represent for 22-3a. The momentum is going yall way 10-0 keep it going.Liberty by 2 TD's.I would like to see the Bobcats win but like you said Liberty's momentum is going. Good luck to both teams. Liberty by 7.

Old Cardinal
11-10-2003, 12:23 PM
Having seen both of these team play. It is obvious that Orangefield has the best team. The Orangefield 7 on 7 trained attack has the ability to enhance the chances to win or lose based on the success of the passing attack. Liberty and OF should be a good game however. It's just kind of balances on if Liberty is lucky enough to squeeze out a win by a few points again.

sahen
11-10-2003, 01:57 PM
well....who gives a flip who has the best 7 on 7 team...this is 11 on 11 now...i dont think it wll be a blowout but liberty has the better 11 on 11 team and its just a matter if they play like it or not...they should win by a touchdown or two

Old Cardinal
11-10-2003, 06:38 PM
To Sahen, Have you seen them both play, or are you just babbling?

noitall
11-10-2003, 07:05 PM
I know they're predicting rain Wednesday thru Saturday so that in itself could have some ramifications on the outcome. I wonder if that is really a word?

FootballFan03
11-10-2003, 07:37 PM
Man I wish I could be at this game. Liberty has had an outstanding year and I congratulate them for that, but I've seen Orangefield play and they are not to be overlooked. They play with a lot of heart and that home field advantage will be a big help. The only thing they have to worry about is the rain. If it is a dry field, I will have to go with Orangefield 21-20.

<small>[ November 10, 2003, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: FootballFan03 ]</small>

BHKrystal06
11-10-2003, 07:48 PM
I wish I could be there too. But of course, I'm stuck going to the BH/H-F game. Oh well, it'll be a good game too. Liberty should pull through the first round with a close victory.

Liberty - 21
Orangefield - 20

exbccards76'smom
11-10-2003, 07:52 PM
If Liberty can shut down the Modica/Hambrick connection, they will win. If not, I will have to go with Orangefield, but it will be close. To all Liberty folk, get there early to get seats. If ya' don't, bring a good chair and mosquito spray.

oldFBballer
11-10-2003, 10:44 PM
Libertys secondary will have a hard time stoping Orangefields passing. Orangefield 21 Liberty 20

sahen
11-10-2003, 10:53 PM
Old Cardinal:
To Sahen, Have you seen them both play, or are you just babbling?No i have not seen them both play BUT for u to say orangefield is a better team than liberty is crazy...My guess is u saw liberty play against bridge city at the beginning of the year in which liberty for some unknown reason was having trouble in the first half of games..they havent done that the last 4 games and have put 2 solid halves together every friday..plus there is also that bit of football wisdom that says a good running attack will beat a good passing attack because the passing game stays off the field...

Xpanther03
11-10-2003, 11:10 PM
rergretfully i will not attend this game... but it has been great hearing the gouge on it. i'm saying liberty of course... because it is my honest opinion that no team of mere mortals can stop the bocamotive/mosstrain team. the offense is solid too. kudos on your perfect season guys... keep the intensity up and you are going to go far. keep the young ones in the program accountable too, make those fools work so liberty can continue to reap the benefits of the countless hours stewart puts you to work... hmm... i smell something burning... i think i left my borf on the grill too long so i gotta jet.

oldFBballer
11-10-2003, 11:36 PM
Everyone is underestimating this Orangefield team. They are better than what most people think.

sahen
11-10-2003, 11:45 PM
everyone does the same about liberty...10-0 and only ranked in matt's poll...thats ridiculous...u dont win every game because u suck...i think they will go a lot farther than predicted in these playoffs...and watch out next year..they r returning most of their players...

<small>[ November 10, 2003, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: sahen ]</small>

Bobkat
11-11-2003, 12:10 AM
I believe that both teams have been underestimated this season. I know Orangefield was picked 5th or 6th in most preseason polls, same as last year. They won some games early in the season that no one gave them a chance to win. They have struggled some the last few weeks, but last week really played with that fire I saw out of them early in the season. If that team shows up, they'll give Liberty all they want.
As far as Liberty goes, I too have been a little shocked that the state wide attention hasn't came to them yet. Anytime a team is 10-0, in any league, they are definetly one to be reckoned with. I haven't seen Liberty play this season, but I saw them last year in the playoffs. They were good then and I know they're better now. So Orangefield has their hands full. Should be a good game. Good Luck to both teams!!!

crunkandfocused
11-11-2003, 01:05 AM
Xpanther03:
i smell something burning... i think i left my borf on the grill too long so i gotta jet.Pass some of that borf this way homie. We should have a Borfmen reunion. lol... would be great.

<small>[ November 11, 2003, 12:07 AM: Message edited by: crunkandfocused ]</small>

sahen
11-11-2003, 01:09 AM
i love the hype for this game...wish i could go but oh well i guess college is more important that football...and the distance it'd be impossible to get from waco to orange in enough time to watch the game because of classes...good luck panthers..show the state why ur 10-0....u can prove urself to them now no more of that 22-3a is a weak district crap

CSQB7
11-11-2003, 11:43 AM
Libert has always had a great D. For the past couple of years we played them they held us low and anybody in the world would tell you we had the #1 offense in state last year but Liberty held Coldspring to 22 points. The only reason we won because we were determined to win and played some great ball in the 4th quarter.22-21 was the score while we averaged 35 points per game. I still think Liberty Will go as far as their momentum take them.Liberty by 2td's www.itemonline.com/articles/2002/11/20/sports/export10379.txt (http://www.itemonline.com/articles/2002/11/20/sports/export10379.txt[/IMG])

CSQB7
11-11-2003, 11:58 AM
BHKrystal06:
I wish I could be there too. But of course, I'm stuck going to the BH/H-F game. Oh well, it'll be a good game too. Liberty should pull through the first round with a close victory.

Liberty - 21
Orangefield - 20I will be going to the HF/BH game myself with my roomate and willbe tuning in to liberty game I really think this young group of men have a chance this year my prediction first round is Liberty by 2TD's and thats that.

the-O-fence
11-11-2003, 12:15 PM
oldFBballer:
Everyone is underestimating this Orangefield team. They are better than what most people think.You are right about that one, Liberty better not go in thinking they can walk all over them because there will be a big suprise.

RBARKER
11-11-2003, 01:16 PM
I will be at the BH/HF game but, would like to listen to this on the radio anyone know if it is being broadcasted? If so what station? Good luck Liberty the Hill is behind you.

BigTex
11-11-2003, 01:55 PM
The OF/Liberty game will be broadcast on KOGT, 1600AM. Problem is they won't reach Lumberton with their signal. :mad:

AggieJohn
11-11-2003, 02:27 PM
BigTex:
The OF/Liberty game will be broadcast on KOGT, 1600AM. Problem is they won't reach Lumberton with their signal. :mad: it'll also be on KSHN 99.9 "SHINE ALL NINE".....yeah for nick vaught and bill buchanan

Xpanther03
11-11-2003, 02:41 PM
in no ways do i think that anyone is underestimating orangefield in this situation. the team knew it would be a tough situation last year, and i'm sure they know this year, whenever you're in the playoffs, you know that you have to play, fight, and win to survive. so the question is who will channel that will to survive into the victory. orangefield is obviously successful at their thing, but the panthers are scrappy and pulling together, should be interesting, keep it posted on here during so i can check. now where did i put my borf-knife.

oak flat
11-11-2003, 03:25 PM
Orangefield has been a pleasent surprise this year, and I would like to congratulate them. However, I feel that Liberty is the much better team and think they will win. Orangefield is from a very weak district and wouldn't have got out of many districts across the state. I hope they play well, but dont feel they will pull it off. Homefield could prove to be big though....... What in the world does 7 on 7 have to do with real football. This is November not July. Newton, Lewisville, Marlin, Converse Judson and many many more arent good in 7 on 7 but usually play through December. Now they have to worry about pass rush, Friday night lights, throwing over the hands of D-linemen. OH yeah, there is no 4 second count either.

RBARKER
11-11-2003, 03:39 PM
explayer2001:

BigTex:
The OF/Liberty game will be broadcast on KOGT, 1600AM. Problem is they won't reach Lumberton with their signal. :mad: it'll also be on KSHN 99.9 "SHINE ALL NINE".....yeah for nick vaught and bill buchananThanks for the info Bigtex & Explayer maybe we can catch some highlights on the way home.

sahen
11-11-2003, 03:41 PM
First of all to oak flat...amen...i have been trying to tell that guy that but he is convinced 7 on 7 has something to do w/ 11 on 11....But most importantly for those of you that will not be attending a game if you want to listen to this game go to www.kshn.com (http://www.kshn.com) and look on the left side of the page...the liberty station broadcasts over the internet so you can listen to it as long as u have media player...oh yah one more thing whenever u listen to the game u have to go into your vol. controls and put only the left speakers on because dayton is on the right side...(it has instructions on the site...but yah if ya wanna hear the game and will be at home go to www.kshn.com (http://www.kshn.com)

AggieJohn
11-12-2003, 02:30 AM
oak flat:
Orangefield is from a very weak district and wouldn't have got out of many districts across the state. Liberty's wasn't too particular tought either...just thought i would point that out

oak flat
11-12-2003, 01:50 PM
Liberty 27

Orangefield 14

Too Fat
11-12-2003, 02:08 PM
Liberty's district is not all that strong either.
Barbers Hill is down this year. Anahuac beat Barbers Hill,and Bridge City should have beat Liberty if not for a last second pass.Orangefield beat both Anahuac and Bridge City. Yes Huffman beat Orangefield,but they could not match up to Huffmans size. Liberty plays a different style of offense. Huffman plays smash mouth football.Liberty is not as physical as Huffman giving Orangefield a chance to win. Orangefield should have beat them last year. Both district
are not that strong either team would be luck to get pass the 2nd round.

<small>[ November 12, 2003, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: Too Fat ]</small>

sahen
11-12-2003, 02:14 PM
HAHAHAHA "Liberty is not as physical as Huffman".....I HOPE you go to the game if you really believe that...watch the Linebackers for Liberty....Moss and Havard..ask your QB, RB's, and WR's after the game how physical they are.....Then ask you defense how they liked Swift running over them play after play...i have heard a lotta stuff on this board about liberty but i cant let this one sit you dont have a clue how liberty play's....they run the option every play and run it down your throat...their defense is known for knocking people out....if you dont think they r physical you have a shocker waiting to happen...they may not blow out orangefield but i can promise you that they will play more physical than any team you have played this year...thats how they win by overpowering you both offensively and defensively

dean-r-duke
11-12-2003, 02:31 PM
OOOOHHHH, TOO FAT I THINK SAHEN IS CALLING YOU OUT!!!!! LETS JUST KEEP IT CLEAN AND LET THESE TWO TEAMS PLAY AND LET THEM DECIDE WHAT THE OUTCOME IS.... :p

sahen
11-12-2003, 02:35 PM
not calling him out....just correcting...i wish i could go to this game...::sigh:: guess im stuck listening to it over the internet

Too Fat
11-12-2003, 02:41 PM
I didn't say anything about their defense. I talked about their style of offense. Thank you very much.They are pretty good on Defense. They are not as big and over powering as Huffman. The option is a finesse style offense. Liberty is not know for anything more than being a first round pretender.

<small>[ November 12, 2003, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: Too Fat ]</small>

sahen
11-12-2003, 02:46 PM
yah...and their offense runs it down your throat..they play smashmouth football too...thank you very much...

<small>[ November 12, 2003, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: sahen ]</small>

Too Fat
11-12-2003, 02:54 PM
That overpowering team just got luck against Bridge City

Too Fat
11-12-2003, 02:56 PM
Dean-R-Duke Why don't you shut your pie hole!!!!

Too Fat
11-12-2003, 02:59 PM
Sahen Must be an Explayer who hasn't gotten over the fact that he has graduated, and is no longer apart of the team.

AggieJohn
11-12-2003, 03:09 PM
Too Fat:
I didn't say anything about their defense. I talked about their style of offense. Thank you very much.They are pretty good on Defense. They are not as big and over powering as Huffman. The option is a finesse style offense.Liberty is not know for being more than a first round contenderFirst round contender, yeah we have kind of sucked it up for the last 5 or so years before last year.....but hmm..let me see that was against newton...like to see yall try to play against a great newton squad that posted a couple of state titles i think and went 4 deep at least for forever.......we could get past first round if we played 4-6 teams that barely skidded into the first round every year...don't knock it..you know it's true....oh and liberty's defense has never been as big as Huffmans...those are cornfed boys.....but they've allways been well conditioned and outlasted them in the late quarters..and with the exception of this year i think the last 4 or so yearsa have been rompings....hmm.....yeah...check your stats

sahen
11-12-2003, 03:09 PM
i didnt even graduate from liberty...u sure r talking about a lot of things you dont know about....the reason that team barely beat bridge city was because at the beginning of the year they were having turnover probs and all in the first half..they couldnt put 2 halves together...the last 4 or 5 games (starting w/ barber's hill) they have put 2 halves together every friday...as i assume they will against orangefield...and i assume they will run over orangefield because taht is their style...option left, option right, option middle, do it again...and then when least expect it...bomb down the middle for a TD...that is if you can actually contain their run...they'd rahter never throw it if they dont have too...

AggieJohn
11-12-2003, 03:10 PM
Too Fat:
Sahen Must be an Explayer who hasn't gotten over the fact that he has graduated, and is no longer apart of the team.Too Fat must be a current player that thinks that the biggest thing in the world is texas high school football....hmm...i'm sorry poor you

sahen
11-12-2003, 03:11 PM
hey explayer2001 u see where he said "Liberty is not as physical as Huffman"...what ya think of that?

QB85
11-12-2003, 03:15 PM
I watched Liberty vs BH and Huffman vs BH.....let me tell you, Liberty is twice as physical as Huffman!

sahen
11-12-2003, 03:28 PM
finally someone agrees!...i guess for the ones that dont believe they can find out friday night (hopefully)...the panthers shouldnt let us down

AggieJohn
11-12-2003, 03:31 PM
QB85:
I watched Liberty vs BH and Huffman vs BH.....let me tell you, Liberty is twice as physical as Huffman!gracias for the props hill boy!!!woohoo

Too Fat
11-12-2003, 03:59 PM
Considering I'm from Marlin I would welcome the chance to play Newton or Liberty. Good warm up game for state.

<small>[ November 12, 2003, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: Too Fat ]</small>

Too Fat
11-12-2003, 04:03 PM
Just because someone beats BH does not make them physical. BH is not that good this year and will be very lucky to beat HF.

QB85
11-12-2003, 04:11 PM
Did I say just because they beat BH they were physical? No....hopefully Liberty gets a shot at you and you'll find out.

Too Fat
11-12-2003, 04:12 PM
I'm not a big football fan. My true love is baseball.Do ya'll even play baseball in Liberty.

Too Fat
11-12-2003, 04:16 PM
Its one thing to be Physical and 225. Its whole another story to be 320 and Physical. 320 pounds will wear even the toughest kid down.

RBARKER
11-12-2003, 06:13 PM
I am another that have seen both liberty and Huffman play. Liberty is alot more physical than Huffman. Liberty has some Linbackers that will knock the crap out of you. Also Liberty may not run up the middle and play smash mouth football but when they come around the end they are tough to bring down. BH is a little down this year but not a week team by far beating us is not easy and Liberty had to play two good halfs for the victory. Liberty go show the bob cats what District 22-3a is all about!!

bhillfan
11-12-2003, 06:14 PM
i have played against both huffman and liberty and liberty is a physical team, it wasnt so much all of their other plays but what they were saying about the option that got us, swift was more of a threat blocking and he could open a hole on the option and its pretty hard to shut down

sahen
11-12-2003, 06:26 PM
Too Fat:
Considering I'm from Marlin I would welcome the chance to play Newton or Liberty. Good warm up game for state.:) i hope liberty plays marlin or newton myself...cause that would be thanksgiving weekend and i get to go home then...what a great way to spend thanksgiving watching highschool football cause ur team is still in it...plus i'd like for u to see how physical liberty is first hand, against ur team... :)

sahen
11-12-2003, 06:57 PM
Too Fat:
I'm not a big football fan. My true love is baseball.Do ya'll even play baseball in Liberty.Liberty was in the state championship game about 5 yrs ago and lost because of a stupid balk call in the bottom of the 9th...so yes they play baseball here..

FootballFan03
11-12-2003, 07:08 PM
I hate to tell you people from Liberty, but you don't want to play teams like Newton, Marlin, or Bellville. You think your linebackers are physical. Their entire teams are like that. Granted yall have a great team this year and you will probably beat orangefield, but yall aren't on level with the above mentioned teams.

noitall
11-12-2003, 07:12 PM
The team they had the year before may have been better than that. They went to the final four teams before losing and I heard they had about 11 players that hit homeruns that year

noitall
11-12-2003, 07:15 PM
FootballFan03:
I hate to tell you people from Liberty, but you don't want to play teams like Newton, Marlin, or Bellville. You think your linebackers are physical. Their entire teams are like that. Granted yall have a great team this year and you will probably beat orangefield, but yall aren't on level with the above mentioned teams.I know Newton would be big trouble for us but we can play with Bellville and Marlin. I think Newton would be just to physical for us.

FootballFan03
11-12-2003, 07:19 PM
noitall:

FootballFan03:
I hate to tell you people from Liberty, but you don't want to play teams like Newton, Marlin, or Bellville. You think your linebackers are physical. Their entire teams are like that. Granted yall have a great team this year and you will probably beat orangefield, but yall aren't on level with the above mentioned teams.I know Newton would be big trouble for us but we can play with Bellville and Marlin. I think Newton would be just to physical for us.Well I doubt my team will be in the playoffs as long as yours so hopefully I will be able to see one of those match-ups.

sahen
11-12-2003, 08:00 PM
FootballFan03:
I hate to tell you people from Liberty, but you don't want to play teams like Newton, Marlin, or Bellville. You think your linebackers are physical. Their entire teams are like that. Granted yall have a great team this year and you will probably beat orangefield, but yall aren't on level with the above mentioned teams.I hope that we r in the playoffs long enough to prove you wrong... :) ...but hey if not this year next year is looking pretty bright...this liberty team aint going away...

Xpanther03
11-12-2003, 11:49 PM
wow... i missed a lot... first round pretender, seeing as we downed OF in the first round last year when they had their stud running back in... i would say that we are most definitely not pretenders... true i did graduate, but i still like football, so let's see, fatty (not you daniel b.)... liberty is going to beat the crap out of people... the reason they get the triple option so well around the end is because, of course, the offensive line knows how to block people and put them on their back to allow that containment... the defense is of course as stout as i've ever seen it... and i went to every homegame for 12 years... so if you haven't seen them play, don't say anything... and huffman can't have been too physical, because they obviously did not get the victory. but i don't know everything... i just think that liberty is going to go far with the intensity that this year's team brings... catch you dudes later.

Too Fat
11-13-2003, 08:58 AM
As far as may-be the second round. Liberty is good,but everyone of there games were pretty close this year.They have been just one bad break away from losing at least 3or4 game. Liberty is good,but very beatable. When I think of powerhouse football programs Liberty doesn't come to mind.

Tackle75
11-13-2003, 09:54 AM
To whomever said Liberty couldnt hang in with Bellville or Marlin.

Man, you obviously didnt watch the playoffs last year. Liberty was within a few bad plays of knocking off Bellville in the 2nd Round. The Second Round my friend.

And considering pretty much the same team is intact, but with more experience, I think Liberty is looking forward to a rematch with Bellville.

So maybe you better watch out, cause even though Liberty doesnt get the press coverage or points rankings, they play hard nosed, tough football, and welcomes anyone to come and get roughed up.

Tackle75
11-13-2003, 10:06 AM
What is this stuff about the Option Offense being a finesse offense. I dont think I have ever heard such rediculousness in my life. I mean, doesnt the option embody the total "tough, rough-em up, stuff it down your throat type offense" .

I dont think i have ever heard anyone say the option is finesse. Man this guy must not know a whole lot about football, because the only finesse offense I know, doesnt really exist in HS football,with maybe the exception of a team like Lumberton, who passes like 70% of the time,

So, check up on your football stuff, fat man

AggieJohn
11-13-2003, 11:02 AM
Too Fat:
Just because someone beats BH does not make them physical. BH is not that good this year and will be very lucky to beat HF.hmm..okay..fact remains you've never seen BH or HF in person...nor have i seen marlin....i respect that team for having such a hard schedule....but both teams have never faced each other or seen each other so wall we have is stats to compare with....which we know don't mean crap come game time...good luck panthers...as the cheerleaders said....gig'em

AggieJohn
11-13-2003, 11:07 AM
Too Fat:
I'm not a big football fan. My true love is baseball.Do ya'll even play baseball in Liberty.Enter J.R. Pickens, enter Rob Kirkland, enter Josh Cross, enter Josh Sullivan, enter Josh Goodwin, enter Cody Fielder, enter Jesse Pennington, enter Keith Strahan, enter Steven Havard, enter Aaron Jordan(haha, had to do it), enter state runner up in 99,state 3a Player of the year in J.R., enter consecutive playoff appearances since like 95....yeah...we play baseball...

yonsony
11-13-2003, 11:16 AM
yo to fat after liberty beats orangefield you will see that liberty is a powerhouse with greet tradition. good luck to orangefield but not going to happen

AggieJohn
11-13-2003, 11:18 AM
FootballFan03:
I hate to tell you people from Liberty, but you don't want to play teams like Newton, Marlin, or Bellville. You think your linebackers are physical. Their entire teams are like that. Granted yall have a great team this year and you will probably beat orangefield, but yall aren't on level with the above mentioned teams.Liberty gives props to their LB's alot..but their whole team is studs....not a one is know in the community for being "jordan shipley" god like status....they all know their underdogs....they'll always be...always have...they're not expecting to be the pick for anything...frankly i think they like it like that....think about it, if they play marlin or newton, "who ever rooted for Golith?"...that's my point, when no gives you credit the whole season and you STILL perform the whole season..that's something to be scared of going up against in the playoff....liberty could hang against Marlin, could hang against newton....this team is good enough to win D2 provided they secure small areas of weakness...i.e. secondary and special teams....good luck panthers...

yonsony
11-13-2003, 11:39 AM
Too Fat, you seem to be hung up on Orangefield for some reason, yet you say you are from Marlin. Are you the shepherd over the sheep at Orangefield or what? Move on to other topics or admit you are from Orangefield and quit messing with people. How about you tell us some info on Marlin like who you played pre-district.

smokey
11-13-2003, 11:55 AM
Hey Yonsony, this guy Too Fat is probably another one in the long line of non-athletes from Orangefield still trying to regain some credibility. I grew up in that area and believe me Orangefield is not famous for athletes except for a pole vaulter and a pitcher. Their football team is good because of a few key positions, but Liberty will pound that defensive line and win a close game. Bobcats, get out the pole vault sets!

yonsony
11-13-2003, 12:18 PM
hey smokey i'm an old wo-s 86 so i know alittle about those want-a-be chain gangers over at orangefield. how is orangefields defense this year? have you seen them play

Too Fat
11-13-2003, 01:55 PM
Orangefield Defense is terrible. They couldn't stop a pee-wee team from scoring. They just may be the worst coached defense in 3A. I'm not from Orangefield,and you wouldn't be worthy to carry my jock. But as bad as OF plays defense, their basketball team is the worst.

Too Fat
11-13-2003, 02:01 PM
Somebody needs to wake up and quit smoking crack. Liberty good enough to win D2 give me a break.

Too Fat
11-13-2003, 02:04 PM
I think Smokey and Yonsony are lovers!!!

Too Fat
11-13-2003, 02:19 PM
Tackle75 If you think Liberty's style of offense is smash mouth you must not pay much attention to their blocking scheme. Just because they give the ball on the dive alot,and its up the middle.Doesn't make them a smash mouth football team. I know smash mouth football and liberty is no smash mouth football team. I also know a smart person when I hear one and you sir are not very smart.

smokey
11-13-2003, 02:47 PM
Yonsony- This too fat guy is hung up on us now. i do not give a d**n about orangefield sports and really nobody does, but why is he constantly talking about them. You being an old WO Stark guy, I bet you guys can not wait to kick their butts next year.

oak flat
11-13-2003, 02:55 PM
Too Fat, is anybody any good in your opinion, or is everybody sorry, and stupid. You dont back anybody, but bash everybody. You may need to step back and look in the mirror.

Too Fat
11-13-2003, 03:59 PM
The topic is about Orangefield & Liberty. if you are checking it out you must care if you don't then go to a new site. I can't help it Orangefield is the only team in Orange county to make the playoffs. WOS just wish they could beat Nederland. If you can't play with the big boys just quit and go down the street and play with the little boys.Marlin will roll all over WOS that will be another good warm up game for State!!!

Too Fat
11-13-2003, 04:00 PM
Oak Flat anybody but you and your team

Tackle75
11-13-2003, 04:24 PM
For you to question my intelligence is entirely absurd. I mean your name after all is too Fat. That tells me right there, just about how smart yo8u are.

Anyhow, yes liberty is a Smashmouth, run it hard type team.

How would you know otherwise, I mean you dont do any scouting do you? YOu may have heard some things, but that is not true, and yeah maybe about 6-7 years ago when LIberty was able to put up about 40 pts, a game, even 67 one time, they might have been considered finesse.

That is not the case. And besides what does Blocking Schemes have to do with the overall picture.

I mean zone blocking, run blocking, pass blocking, all they really mean in the overall picture, is what type of play you are running,

So, dont question my intelligence mr. Fat

Tackle75
11-13-2003, 04:38 PM
Just curious here, but can someone besides Mr. Fat, tell me what they think a so called Smash Mouth Football team is? I mean we always talk about that all the time. I am just curious if we all really know what it means

Bobkat
11-13-2003, 06:19 PM
To me, smash mouth football is "3 yards and a cloud of dust. Power I or wham formation and just run right at peopel. To me, most people that run this smash mouth type offense usually have huge lines and they just try to wear teams down. I think that's why Too Fat used Huffman as an example. They have that big line and a big tailback. Usually teams with not a lot of speed, but big strong cornfed kids that love to stick it up inside. I think that's what Too Fat was trying to say. Option offense's do just that. They have several option on each play. Hand off to the fullback, pitch to tailback or the QB can keep it. I think that's what he mean't by finesse type offense, you never know who's going to get the ball. In smash mouth usually that big, bruising tailback that picks up those tough yards will get the ball. Just my take!!! Good Luck to Liberty this week.

<small>[ November 13, 2003, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: Bobkat ]</small>

sahen
11-13-2003, 06:22 PM
smashmouth football = running it between the tackles atleast 20-30 times a game and atleast 10 r 15 of those times gaining more than 3 yards :) ..kinda like mr. jeremy swift does?...guys dont get worked up over too fat..he said himself orangefield's defesne sucks...we know what the means for liberty...they think we rnt good cause stewart doesnt run the score up...i think stewart did it on purpose just for this purpose..everyone will underestimate them...just let the game speak to too fat...i knwo i was talkin back the other day to him..but i figured that out...he dont know what he is talkin about so just wait and let him know the final score.... :)

noitall
11-13-2003, 06:24 PM
explayer2001:

FootballFan03:
I hate to tell you people from Liberty, but you don't want to play teams like Newton, Marlin, or Bellville. You think your linebackers are physical. Their entire teams are like that. Granted yall have a great team this year and you will probably beat orangefield, but yall aren't on level with the above mentioned teams.Liberty gives props to their LB's alot..but their whole team is studs....not a one is know in the community for being "jordan shipley" god like status....they all know their underdogs....they'll always be...always have...they're not expecting to be the pick for anything...frankly i think they like it like that....think about it, if they play marlin or newton, "who ever rooted for Golith?"...that's my point, when no gives you credit the whole season and you STILL perform the whole season..that's something to be scared of going up against in the playoff....liberty could hang against Marlin, could hang against newton....this team is good enough to win D2 provided they secure small areas of weakness...i.e. secondary and special teams....good luck panthers...I have to agree with you on this. Our special teams for the most part have been weak all year. I think that they have definitly gotten better the past 3 games or so. The secondary was really exploited last year against Bellville and have given up some big plays this year so it is something to be concerned about. I do believe they are a much better unit than last years and this year we have 2 Sophmores that start for us in the secondary. This week will let us know how far our secondary has come. By the way alot of their problems were the result of no pressure on the quarterback. We need a good pass rush Friday. Our Offense should have no problem scoring close to 30 and our defense should hold them under 20

Xpanther03
11-13-2003, 06:56 PM
ok.. in response to liberty's blocking scheme... i ran it for the last year and our line and blocking backs are about getting people off the line and putting them on their backs after 5 yards of kickin the crap out of them... don't talk about our scheme unless you are willing to go through the chutes with us during offensive periods.

FootballFan03
11-13-2003, 07:14 PM
Look I dont think Liberty is quite as good as they say they are, but to say they are not physical at all is absurd. Teams know exactly what they're going to do on offense, and they haven't stopped it yet so they must be doing something right. The more and more I read these posts the less bias I am against Liberty.

On behalf of the Anahuac Panthers, Good Luck to the Liberty Panthers

crunkandfocused
11-14-2003, 04:02 AM
Too fat, stop being a post whore. You do realize that you can reply to multiple people with only ONE POST! *GASP* Yes yes, it is true. I couldn't believe it at first either, but then I tried it one day and it worked!!! Who'd a thunk it?!

To Xpanther03; hey Bob, what's up? What do ya think about having some BORF for Thanksgiving?

See, too fat. I just replied to both YOU and Xpanther03 in the same post. What an amazing, technological time we live in where I can do something like that. It's breathtaking really.

<small>[ November 14, 2003, 03:03 AM: Message edited by: crunkandfocused ]</small>

dean-r-duke
11-14-2003, 10:32 AM
what in the crap is borf, you guys are freakin weird!!!!! r u homos???? :rolleyes:

oak flat
11-14-2003, 11:03 AM
Fat Boy: I'm glad you said that about Marlin beating WO-S, b/c that just goes to prove to me that you are my friend what they call a complete idiot. Marlin is good but dont go to venture there. And its good that you dream big, but that's what it is a DREAM. As far as you bashing me and my team, heck you bash everybody on here, and by the way, none of them are my teams. I have a few connections with some of them but thats it. And last time I checked Marlin aint the Kansas City Chiefs and they better worry about them Newton Eagles, next weeks warm up game.

Dean-R-Duke, how is everything going on the Hilldebrandt?

smokey
11-14-2003, 11:04 AM
Dean R Duke- Are you one of those non athletes we referred to earlier? Just curious?

JoeBob5009
11-14-2003, 11:04 AM
Liberty will not be able to stop the passing attack of Orangefield. Moss and the other linebacker won't be able to do anything but watch the area's leading WR pass the 1000 yard mark for the season. They'll just have to sit back and watch the balls fly through the air. Oh and by the way Sahen Liberty is highly over rated. That district is very weak. This is the worst team BH has had in the past 10 years if not more. And the rest of the teams are just jokes. Oh and I watched the Huffman game and the fourth down play on the one yard line was a TD but since they played at Liberty they did not get the call. OH by the way the only reason you are talking crap on 7 on 7 is because Liberty would not have a chance in it. 7 on 7 builds confidence, yes its not 11 on 11, but when ORangefield can dominate teams like Port Neches, Nederland, West Orange, and even Ozen every summer it builds confidence in the Kids for the passing game. This area is a prodominately running area, so it took some time for OF to get used to the passing game, but now that they have we are going to be a force to be reconed with. So I hope you can hear your computer real well because Te Orngefield fight song will be playing over and over agian because nobody on your team can stop the pass.

oak flat
11-14-2003, 11:11 AM
Your right JoeBob about the 7-0n-7 building confidnce, but that just goes to prove it has nothing to do with REAL football. Orangefield maybe can compete with those people in the summer, but in the fall it wouldn't be a pretty site with Orangefield playing those you mentioned.

yonsony
11-14-2003, 11:21 AM
As well as Orangefield has thrown it this fall, they should have made it to College Station in the summer. It does take some coaching in the summer though and Orangefield had very little if any. They were very undiscplined in their routes and their attitudes, but that is a result of poor leadership from the sidelines.

sahen
11-14-2003, 11:48 AM
JoeBob5009:
Liberty will not be able to stop the passing attack of Orangefield. Moss and the other linebacker won't be able to do anything but watch the area's leading WR pass the 1000 yard mark for the season. They'll just have to sit back and watch the balls fly through the air. Oh and by the way Sahen Liberty is highly over rated. That district is very weak. This is the worst team BH has had in the past 10 years if not more. And the rest of the teams are just jokes. Oh and I watched the Huffman game and the fourth down play on the one yard line was a TD but since they played at Liberty they did not get the call. OH by the way the only reason you are talking crap on 7 on 7 is because Liberty would not have a chance in it. 7 on 7 builds confidence, yes its not 11 on 11, but when ORangefield can dominate teams like Port Neches, Nederland, West Orange, and even Ozen every summer it builds confidence in the Kids for the passing game. This area is a prodominately running area, so it took some time for OF to get used to the passing game, but now that they have we are going to be a force to be reconed with. So I hope you can hear your computer real well because Te Orngefield fight song will be playing over and over agian because nobody on your team can stop the pass.I know i wasnt gonna say anything else and let the game talk but all i gotta say is what the hell? (please dont ROM me)...yo JoeBob i never said anything to u...but since u said something to me i guess i have to respond....for you to think that 7 on 7 does anything for the season is crazy...and yes you know what liberty cant compete in 7 on 7, why?, because they run the ball 95% of the time...to them 7 on 7 means nothing because they dont have to pass the ball to make it anywhere...i can understand you thinking that orangefield will be able to pass the ball against liberty, very understandable, but i base my opinions on the fact that a 5-5 liberty squad beat that heavily favored orangefield team last year that i believed passed the ball an awful lot more than liberty had seen in past games...the fact is liberty is the better team whether they play like it or not is up to the team when they get to orangefield...i really wish all u other teams could get over urselves enough to realize this (liberty is good now!)...but i guess you wont until u play them...everyone has said all year liberty is gonna loose they rnt that good...they keep winning and i dont see them failing anytime soon...so sitback and watch it will be an interesting game cause all of liberty's games have been interesting but they end up on top....and that is what will happen barring a collaspes this year....oh yah one more thing when you play this team you have to realize they r peaking now...at the beginning of the year there was a lotta juniors who had some experience mixed w/ juniors w/o expeirence and a couple veteran seniors...now you have a team full of verterans who know nothing but how to win...it will be fun and entertaining to see how many yards they can rack up against this orangefield team.....there ya go...my opinion on this team...i was trying to keep it in but u called me out so there it is...have fun at the game but dont get disappointed if you have liberty's fight song memorized by the end of the game....

<small>[ November 14, 2003, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: sahen ]</small>

Too Fat
11-14-2003, 12:30 PM
You guys must not beable to read. I never said Liberty wasn't physical. All I said was that I felt Huffman was more Physical. Like I said 225 and physical is alot different than 320 and physical. Huffman offensive line is huge. It Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

dean-r-duke
11-14-2003, 12:32 PM
TOO FAT GET BACK TO YOUR ED KIDS!!!!!!

sahen
11-14-2003, 01:01 PM
yah..i just read my post and realized that it sounds like i think liberty is never gonna loose...let me set the record straight that i think that they should beat orangefield and probably should win the week after that and then it will get interesting to see how far they can go...i honestly think they have a chance to get to bellville again this year and maybe pull off an upset there but i dont think they will win state unless if they just have a cinderella playoff season...sry about earlier i was just shocked that guy called me out like that after i said let the game talk...but im sure most of yall understand...well good luck to everyone!

JoeBob5009
11-14-2003, 03:46 PM
Yonsonny be down Sandbar at 6:30, if you want some of the coach from the sidelines.

JKLL
11-14-2003, 04:44 PM
I for one am sick and tired of hearing all this crying from liberty about how nobody respects them. Hell, your 10-0 why do care what anyone thinks. waa,waa. enough already! All and I mean all of the direspectful posts on this thread have been about Orangefeild. But ALL of the crying is coming from liberty. Maybe a better attitude will get you respect. Poor poor liberty.

noitall
11-14-2003, 05:30 PM
Let all the trash talking come to an end. No more excuses or anything else. Two excellent teams from Liberty and Orangefield will go at it tonight and the best team will advance to the next round and one will stay home next week. Its been fun reading the posts this week so good luck to BOTH teams and everybody have a injury free game. Please remember to drive safe and enjoy the game. This is what its all about

3AFTNUT
11-14-2003, 05:41 PM
well spoken noitall

3AFTNUT
11-14-2003, 05:42 PM
I hope everyone has game of a lifetime

AggieJohn
11-14-2003, 06:14 PM
noitall:
Let all the trash talking come to an end. No more excuses or anything else. Two excellent teams from Liberty and Orangefield will go at it tonight and the best team will advance to the next round and one will stay home next week. Its been fun reading the posts this week so good luck to BOTH teams and everybody have a injury free game. Please remember to drive safe and enjoy the game. This is what its all aboutso liberty's brining two excellent teams....had to do it!..haha