PDA

View Full Version : Giants Defensive Coordinator Steve Spagnuolo

JR2004
02-03-2008, 10:19 PM
If he's not named the head coach in Washington this week after today's performance by his defense I'll be in complete shock. No way there's anyone else that should even be in the running after the job his defense did today. I don't think Dan Snyder could show his face in public ever again in DC if he passes on this guy.

Diocletian
02-03-2008, 10:56 PM
they should give him Garret money and keep him to take over after Tom retires, they can't possibly let this guy run off

JR2004
02-03-2008, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian
they should give him Garret money and keep him to take over after Tom retires, they can't possibly let this guy run off

Well when the owner making the offer can have a contract starting out a 5 million or more per season you've probably got to take that offer. I can see him taking a Washington team with an equally good defense deep in the NFC playoffs. I say he's the head coach there no later than a week from today.

I'm sure there's a temptation there to stay in New York, but Coughlin is probably there for at least three more seasons and Spagnuolo is already in his late 40's. I don't see him waiting for a job when he's as hot a commodity as he's going to ever be right now.

pirate4state
02-03-2008, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
If he's not named the head coach in Washington this week after today's performance by his defense I'll be in complete shock. No way there's anyone else that should even be in the running after the job his defense did today. I don't think Dan Snyder could show his face in public ever again in DC if he passes on this guy.

Dan Snyder wants Fossil. LOL. I say, let him have him!!! :clap: :devil:

JR2004
02-03-2008, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Dan Snyder wants Fossil. LOL. I say, let him have him!!! :clap: :devil:

haha...They're already scheduled to talk to Spagnuolo. If they hire Fassel I may have to camp outside Redskin Park and protest. I'm sure I wouldn't be alone...lol.

pirate4state
02-03-2008, 11:03 PM
haha...They're already scheduled to talk to Spagnuolo. If they hire Fassel I may have to camp outside Redskin Park and protest. I'm sure I wouldn't be alone...lol. I'd loooooooooove it ........... ROFL ROFL

STANG RED
02-03-2008, 11:31 PM

Yeah but Dan Snyder is famous for making lots of bone head decisions. Taking Fossil over Spagnuolo will be his next one. It just fits his pattern.