PDA

View Full Version : Why does everybody hate Celina and Brownwood?

kepdawg
02-03-2008, 09:10 PM
People don't like those 15 state championships?

Buccaneer
02-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Who hates Brownwood?

Old Tiger
02-03-2008, 09:15 PM
I don't think people hate Celina. I just think they have a strong dislike for the attitude of some of the posters from those towns.

kepdawg
02-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
Who hates Brownwood?

I thought everybody did!

kepdawg
02-03-2008, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I don't think people hate Celina. I just think they have a strong dislike for the attitude of some of the posters from those towns.

I thought everybody had to sign an agreement that they hate Celina to remain a member of 3ADL!

Old Tiger
02-03-2008, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I thought everybody had to sign an agreement that they hate Celina to remain a member of 3ADL! Was that the fine print in the rules agreement that I had click "agree" to 17 times.

CHSfan
02-03-2008, 09:21 PM
I thought everybody did!

i like brownwood...kool people,good friends from there!

SpeedOption
02-03-2008, 09:22 PM
I just think they have a strong dislike for the attitude of some of the posters from those towns.

True, very true.

kepdawg
02-03-2008, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by CHSfan
i like brownwood...kool people,good friends from there!

I like Brownwood too!

CHSfan
02-03-2008, 09:24 PM
I like Brownwood too!

well good for you..

BuffyMars
02-03-2008, 09:25 PM
well good for you..

ahhhh.....there is the love.

CHSfan
02-03-2008, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by BuffyMars
ahhhh.....there is the love.
now that i read that i kinda sound like a b word...but i was not being sarcastic...lol whoops

BuffyMars
02-03-2008, 09:28 PM
now that i read that i kinda sound like a b word...but i was not being sarcastic...lol whoops

lol. my bad.

BobcatBenny
02-03-2008, 09:32 PM
Once you have Brownwood you can never go back!

Or so I have heard. :eek: :D Or what Kep told me? :)

boudreaux
02-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Thats just wrong Benny. Im sure someone will catch it?

injuredinmelee
02-03-2008, 10:15 PM

amen

and dont leave out Snyder. I have nothing but the utmost respect for Bwood.

bobcat1
02-03-2008, 10:15 PM
LMAO at BB. :clap: :clap: :clap:

JR2004
02-03-2008, 10:34 PM

You're right...It's definitely the posters, but Kep knew that before he made this thread. :) All the bandwagoners and jockriders who moved there and then act as if they've lived in Celina their entire life. The new fans are what ruin it for the Celina people who have been there through a thick and thin. I have no problem with the old Celina fans or their team. The new "sharp as a bowling ball fans" are why I don't root for them.

I have no problem with Brownwood as long as their fans aren't obnoxious (which they don't seem to be for the most part). I grew up with a guy whose dad played in Brownwood and enjoyed the times I've been out that way.

Old Tiger
02-03-2008, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
amen

and dont leave out Snyder. I have nothing but the utmost respect for Bwood. Word....snyder, ha!

Ranger Mom
02-04-2008, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
You're right...It's definitely the posters, but Kep knew that before he made this thread. :) All the bandwagoners and jockriders who moved there and then act as if they've lived in Celina their entire life. The new fans are what ruin it for the Celina people who have been there through a thick and thin. I have no problem with the old Celina fans or their team. The new "sharp as a bowling ball fans" are why I don't root for them.

I have no problem with Brownwood as long as their fans aren't obnoxious (which they don't seem to be for the most part). I grew up with a guy whose dad played in Brownwood and enjoyed the times I've been out that way.

I couldn't have said it better myself....it has NOTHING to do with their tradition or championships.

I haven't seen a Brownwood poster that has turned me off to their team yet!

bobcat1
02-04-2008, 06:26 AM

So it is because of people like me that got a new job in Frisco and decided on Celina as a place to live because of the Church, Community, Schools, and Athletic department that make you hate Celina?:dispntd: :dispntd:

Bandwagoners, maybe, but you would have moved to the same town given the opportunity I had. So put a sock in it pal. I think you and the rest of the haters know deep down why the hate is there. You just can't seem to whip those Orange wearing kids and coaches now can you? (Well except that one time when the purple wearing downlow:inlove: darlings beat the orange wearing :tongue: villains of the downlow in the last 6 seconds with their only fieldgoal of the season)

Go ahead and hate me but you gotta love them kids.

By the way I don't hate Brownwood. I have a friend in Stephenville that does though. :D

3afan
02-04-2008, 06:54 AM

agree with that ....... I admire Bwood and Celina, but yes some of the posters are arrogant and condenscending at times

then again, its certainly not limited to those specific posters ...

runthequarter
02-04-2008, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
yes some of the posters are arrogant and condenscending at times
then again, its certainly not limited to those specific posters ...

Thats for sure 3Afan, thats for sure.

Lion_Addict
02-04-2008, 09:39 AM
Most of us aren't obnoxious or arrogant, or at least I hope we don't come off as being that way. We are very passionate about our program and just want our kids to be successful, and that is ON & OFF the field. We are proud of what our school and program have accomplished. With that being said, we're gonna kick the crap outta ya'll! JUST KIDDING!!! We all are very aware that this is gonna be one heck of a tuff season. I just hope for an exciting, memorable season without injuries. GO LIONS!

charlesrixey
02-04-2008, 09:45 AM

i lived there for a long time, so i think i count

i like brownwood, but does my vote count if i am from celina?;) :D

Ranger Mom
02-04-2008, 09:54 AM
I just hate being told that I "hate" a team or am jealous because I didn't cheer for them at a certain game.

Yeah...I was cheering for Liberty Hill in 2006...that didn't mean I "hated" Celina.

As far as THIS past season and the championship game, I couldn't have cared less who won, if the truth be known.

If I had a good friend from Celina whose kid played, like I do with LH Panther Mom, then it may have been completely different!!

Txbroadcaster
02-04-2008, 09:55 AM
I think Celina hating is in a different class than others and here is why

First..of course it is because they win...After a team starts being a powerhouse the detractors will always come out of the woodworks. Just how it is

BUT SOME and I say only SOME Celina FANS bring it on their self, and this is how

Celina fans like to play BOTH the we are a powerhouse AND oh poor us, small school, No athletes card.

Cannot have it both ways. Your either a dynasty who can beat anyone at anytime, or your a spunky school, but IMO you cannot be a spunky dynasty lol.

Also the few Celina fans who somehow bring Celina football into other threads that are not talking about Celina can annoy people, just like people get annoyed at UT-A&M talk and Snyder-Sweetwater talk in threads they dont belong in

LH Panther Mom
02-04-2008, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
(Well except that one time when the purple wearing downlow:inlove: darlings beat the orange wearing :tongue: villains of the downlow in the last 6 seconds with their only fieldgoal of the season)

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JR2004
02-04-2008, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lol...Didn't know that guy still posts here. Good to see nothing has changed.

LH Panther Mom
02-04-2008, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I haven't seen a Brownwood poster that has turned me off to their team yet!
Just wait until some unrelated person drags your team into an unrelated thread. :eek: :eek: ;)

Lion_Addict
02-04-2008, 10:36 AM
LH Panther Mom, saw that you left a message on our board.....welcome. One question.......HOMERS?????

LH Panther Mom
02-04-2008, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
LH Panther Mom, saw that you left a message on our board.....welcome. One question.......HOMERS?????
LOL! It was a joke, hence the ;) . I would certainly expect that from ANY teams' website. :) I actually said in October that I'd like to see us schedule you guys. I wonder if our coaches read this. :D

schedules (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=73255)

Lion_Addict
02-04-2008, 10:52 AM
LOL! It was a joke, hence the ;) . I would certainly expect that from ANY teams' website. :) I actually said in October that I'd like to see us schedule you guys. I wonder if our coaches read this. :D

schedules (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=73255)

I took it as a joke. Just messin witcha, trying to fit in.....being the new "kid"(at 39 years of age) on the block.

LH Panther Mom
02-04-2008, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
I took it as a joke. Just messin witcha, trying to fit in.....being the new "kid"(at 39 years of age) on the block.
It's all good. Welcome! :)

BobcatBenny
02-04-2008, 03:51 PM
It's all good. Welcome! :)
Then there are those that will take a perfectly good hatin' thread and hijack it and try to turn it into a love fest! :p

Mustangpride09
02-04-2008, 06:25 PM
The fact that Brownwood recruited during the Gordon Wood era probably doesn't help.

SpeedOption
02-04-2008, 07:17 PM
No worse then Moore at Celina.

cshscougar08
02-04-2008, 09:32 PM
I think a lot of it has to do with winning all the time. And it's not necessarily the winning, but how their fans go about talking about winning. I know in prep for the state game this year, a lot of Celina fans were talking some big smack saying that CS didn't have a chance. They would pull out the "We've won 7 championships, beat that," card. And that annoys me. When teams consistently win, I don't have an issue with it. But when fans of that team, or members of that team go out and start boasting about it, then I have an issue with it. That's why I don't like Celina, because a couple of fans went and shot their mouths off. And it's sad how a couple of people can ruin the reputation of an otherwise respectable community. Happens with us all the time. People shoot their mouths off and cause people to hate us because of it. But you just gotta face the fact that some people will always dislike others. There isn't a team out there that everyone loves. Something will always cause someone to hate another team. Just my thoughts.

Ranger Mom
02-04-2008, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
I think a lot of it has to do with winning all the time. And it's not necessarily the winning, but how their fans go about talking about winning. I know in prep for the state game this year, a lot of Celina fans were talking some big smack saying that CS didn't have a chance. They would pull out the "We've won 7 championships, beat that," card. And that annoys me. When teams consistently win, I don't have an issue with it. But when fans of that team, or members of that team go out and start boasting about it, then I have an issue with it. That's why I don't like Celina, because a couple of fans went and shot their mouths off. And it's sad how a couple of people can ruin the reputation of an otherwise respectable community. Happens with us all the time. People shoot their mouths off and cause people to hate us because of it. But you just gotta face the fact that some people will always dislike others. There isn't a team out there that everyone loves. Something will always cause someone to hate another team. Just my thoughts.

I agree!! Which is why I am glad Greenwood has only 2 consistent posters...and GWOOD is REALLY nice!!:)

Actually...I have only seen 2 different teams play in a State Championship game 2 times.....and that is Liberty Hill (the past 2 years) and Celina!!:eek:

I saw the Liberty Hill/Celina game and the year before, purposely chose to leave Texas Stadium after the Katy/SLC game (with 3A Tatum and Hutto playing next) to drive to Mesquite to see Celina and Paul-Pewitt play!!

Old Tiger
02-04-2008, 09:47 PM
I agree!! Which is why I am glad Greenwood has only 2 consistent posters...and GWOOD is REALLY nice!!:)

Actually...I have only seen 2 different teams play in a State Championship game 2 times.....and that is Liberty Hill (the past 2 years) and Celina!!:eek:

I saw the Liberty Hill/Celina game and the year before, purposely chose to leave Texas Stadium after the Katy/SLC game (with 3A Tatum and Hutto playing next) to drive to Mesquite to see Celina and Paul-Pewitt play!! I'm consistent :)

Ranger Mom
02-04-2008, 09:50 PM
I'm consistent :)

Consistently annoying??:confused:

:p :inlove: :kiss:

BobcatBenny
02-04-2008, 11:47 PM
Hey RM,
Have I mentioned to you that Celina has 8 State Championships? :D :eek: :devil:

Love,
Benny

Old Tiger
02-04-2008, 11:48 PM

:p :inlove: :kiss: at least i'm consistent! :mad:

Ranger Mom
02-05-2008, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Hey RM,
Have I mentioned to you that Celina has 8 State Championships? :D :eek: :devil:

Love,
Benny

Not this week you hadn't!!

Thanks!!:thumbsup:

pirate4state
02-05-2008, 10:43 AM

I agree. Sinton has that problem (boastful fans) around this time of year! :D I don't care if people hate us. I mean, is it really that big of a deal? If you want to boast, then boast, BUT don't turn around and start :weeping: and/or :foul: because certain posters don't like you & never show support for your team. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: You can't have it both ways! Either act like you've been there before or act like an ass. :)

Rocket
02-05-2008, 11:12 AM

Good post... However, I would like shed some light on the "We have 7 State Championships beat that" card. Most teams that have 5+ state championships (sorry Stephenville - you aren't included), no matter how long ago it was still carry a STRONG tradition and football following because of the rich tradition established in the past; AND most of those teams have established programs (though they may have down years) they EXPECT to win and have full confidence they WILL win. Is it right to use that CARD, no, but it is simply trash talking. Most of these fans respect the game and respect their opponents. I think most of it revolves around the desire for respect and an unhealthy dose of pride. We all have pride and want other teams to respect us to a point. These teams with STRONG and RICH tradition want to make sure you know that you better respect the tradition, and that usually goes hand in hand with winning, winning, winning... I hope this makes sense...

Old Green
02-05-2008, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
Good post... However, I would like shed some light on the "We have 7 State Championships beat that" card. Most teams that have 5+ state championships (sorry Stephenville - you aren't included), no matter how long ago it was still carry a STRONG tradition and football following because of the rich tradition established in the past; AND most of those teams have established programs (though they may have down years) they EXPECT to win and have full confidence they WILL win. Is it right to use that CARD, no, but it is simply trash talking. Most of these fans respect the game and respect their opponents. I think most of it revolves around the desire for respect and an unhealthy dose of pride. We all have pride and want other teams to respect us to a point. These teams with STRONG and RICH tradition want to make sure you know that you better respect the tradition, and that usually goes hand in hand with winning, winning, winning... I hope this makes sense... It makes sense to to me. Well said:clap:

pirate4state
02-05-2008, 11:28 AM
Good post... However, I would like shed some light on the "We have 7 State Championships beat that" card. Most teams that have 5+ state championships (sorry Stephenville - you aren't included), no matter how long ago it was still carry a STRONG tradition and football following because of the rich tradition established in the past; AND most of those teams have established programs (though they may have down years) they EXPECT to win and have full confidence they WILL win. Is it right to use that CARD, no, but it is simply trash talking. Most of these fans respect the game and respect their opponents. I think most of it revolves around the desire for respect and an unhealthy dose of pride. We all have pride and want other teams to respect us to a point. These teams with STRONG and RICH tradition want to make sure you know that you better respect the tradition, and that usually goes hand in hand with winning, winning, winning... I hope this makes sense...

Makes perfect sense. Too bad those fans don't post on here. ;)

BwdLion_80
02-05-2008, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

But I do!:thinking: :clap: ;) ;)

pirate4state
02-05-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
But I do!:thinking: :clap: ;) ;)

:clap: So far I haven't seen anything that would annoy me out of you! Let's keep it that way. :D

Rocket
02-05-2008, 12:13 PM

Right... what I am trying to say is that those people who may "talk trash" constantly- deep down inside respect the game and their opponents. At least in my case and BwdLion_80's, we may trash talk, but it is all in fun and simply trying to get some good conversation going. If everybody is just patting each other's behinds all day and saying "you are good, no you are good, ok we are both good", it is fun to do a little ranting and jabbing to get some activity and fun reading... I have always said that the worse thing about messagboards and email is that the tone of it is all up for interpretation... and this can really mess up what the post is trying to say. And then there are some that you can pick up the tone plain and clear... ;)

BobcatBenny
02-05-2008, 12:22 PM
OK, I obviously like to tease and have fun here on the 3ADL.

I love to set people up and then bust on 'em, or just be straight annoying, attempt to be funny. . . etc. etc. etc.

But I will point this out. There are all sorts of attitudes and personalities on here. In my opinion, one of the leading reasons anyone dislikes any team or fans of a team is probably over sensitivity. Or . . . your communities football program sucks! :D

When Celina football starts sucking, then I too will become overly sensitive and scream for everyone else to become less than excellent as well. :eek: :eek: :eek:

pirate4state
02-05-2008, 12:23 PM
Right... what I am trying to say is that those people who may "talk trash" constantly- deep down inside respect the game and their opponents. At least in my case and BwdLion_80's, we may trash talk, but it is all in fun and simply trying to get some good conversation going. If everybody is just patting each other's behinds all day and saying "you are good, no you are good, ok we are both good", it is fun to do a little ranting and jabbing to get some activity and fun reading... I have always said that the worse thing about messagboards and email is that the tone of it is all up for interpretation... and this can really mess up what the post is trying to say. And then there are some that you can pick up the tone plain and clear... ;) I understand perfectly what you are trying to say. All I'm saying is it's fine if you dish it out, but you better be prepared to take it when it comes back around.

and "you" is a general you

FWIW - I don't hate Brownwood. I wouldn't have any reason to hate them.

JR2004
02-05-2008, 12:55 PM

They don't? Who knew... ;)

Rocket
02-05-2008, 01:15 PM
I don't hate any fan or any team. I just strongly dislike people that think that Brownwood is going to lose or that their team can beat Brownwood.. ha ha :nerd: jk

Texasfootball2
02-05-2008, 01:24 PM
I don't hate any fan or any team. I just strongly dislike people that think that Brownwood is going to lose or that their team can beat Brownwood.. ha ha :nerd: jk

WE ARE GOING TO BEAT YOUR BUTTES IN SOCCER TONIGHT!:foul:

I know soccer is the same as a four letter word on this board, so please except my sincere apology moderators. :D

JR2004
02-05-2008, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2

I know soccer is the same as a four letter word on this board, so please except my sincere apology moderators. :D

Communist sport.

Texasfootball2
02-05-2008, 01:33 PM
Communist sport. :weeping: :mad: :bigcry:

Sweetwater Red
02-05-2008, 01:40 PM

Wylie DOES have a soccer team? They must have had an influx
of hispanics move in.:thinking:

Post not directed at you Texasfootball2.;)

pirate4state
02-05-2008, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

I don't even know where to start!!! :doh:

Txbroadcaster
02-05-2008, 01:48 PM

If I was you I would try left....Right?

JR2004
02-05-2008, 01:49 PM

Yes you do!

Sweetwater Red
02-05-2008, 02:00 PM

That post was meant as total sarcasm and directed towards only
one individual.

DU_stud04
02-05-2008, 02:01 PM
cheese.

pirate4state
02-05-2008, 02:11 PM
That post was meant as total sarcasm and directed towards only
one individual.

Maybe a PM was in order? :thinking: :thinking:

pirate4state
02-05-2008, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
If I was you I would try left....Right?

sssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - it hurts to laugh! :inlove:

Sweetwater Red
02-05-2008, 02:12 PM
Maybe a PM was in order? :thinking: :thinking:

Now I'm having to use PM's to explain myself to those that
matter.

DU_stud04
02-05-2008, 02:15 PM
all my friends wear their chanclas when they play.... they say "it's to help their feet breef."

:D

BobcatBenny
02-05-2008, 02:18 PM
matter. Come on Red, I matter. :(

nobogey72
02-05-2008, 02:35 PM
I HATE BROWNWOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because they have an Underwood's and Abilene doesn't. And when you're driving through and try eat there, or even get there at 5:00 before a 7:30 game, the line is too long. I also hate Brownwood because they have a nice, big, pretty lake. Abilene has 2 small, red, cosmetically challenged lakes. As for Celina, I don't even know where it is. So I can't hate them, yet. I also HATE my 9th grade Science teacher. She gave me a C on my fire prevention poster, and it was clearly a B+ or even A-. That was in 1968 and I'm still pissed. So, Ms. Liggon, if you happen to be reading this, you old wrinkled, worn-out ol' witch..... I haven't forgotten. I also hate people who have strong dislikes for others.:p :p :D

LH Panther Mom
02-05-2008, 02:38 PM
matter.
I'm pretty sure I "got it". ;) (Some of us keep up... :D )

charlesrixey
02-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Having been on message boards since before the first of four consecutive state titles in 1998, i remember when no one really cared about celina

That year, the Bobcats beat the defending champion Stanton Buffs 9-0 in the semifinals and 3,000 yard rusher Chris Harris and Elysian Fields 21-0 in the championship game.

Of course, 14-2 Celina was dismissed as only the 4th best team in 2A that year, behind 12-3 Omaha Pewitt (the D1 Champion), 12-2 Brookshire Royal, which lost to pewitt by two in the title game, and 13-1 Mart, which lost to Royal by two in the semis.

not much has changed

Ironically, the Bobcats have been favored by most ranking sites and personalities only twice in 9 championship games (2001 and 2007).

They have also only been #1 in the AP Poll (at any point in the season) twice in my memory--in 1995 (before the district 13-9 loss to Pilot Point) and in 2001, before their 4th consecutive state title.

Despite this lack of respect amongst pollsters, many people still CARED about Celina, but only to accuse them of recruiting or playing a weak schedule. Those are the most common things i've heard in more than 10 years of posting.

Why does everyone hate Celina? the same reason they won't hate them when they are no longer a juggernaut--people love to hate winners, especially when the are so consistent and rarely ever lose.

Unfortunately, what it does take away from is the accomplishments of the teams and players that worked so hard to get celina to where it is now. Back then, in small school north texas, Celina had alternated with Pilot Point as the dominant school since the early 1970's (largely due to GA Moore). Pilot Point is no longer hated, but Celina's ability to continue and expand on that success in such a dominating fashion in the later 1990's and to today didn't earn them too many supporters outside of collin/grayson/denton counties (although many fans of past teams we've played still follow us).

What i've discovered is that anyone that actually goes to a celina game, especially in the playoffs, has nothing but good things to say about the program, players, teamwork and sportsmanship of the Bobcats.

for them, celina isn't about fans on a message board, just like with other big programs like SLC, Katy, Brownwood, or Austin Westlake, et al..., it's about a group of kids, who've worked hard class after class, to maintain an extremely high level of achievement year after year

Texasfootball2
02-05-2008, 03:09 PM

I gotta tell Sweetwater Red, I just got back in here a read all the comments. Still laughing actually.

DaHop72
02-05-2008, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey

What i've discovered is that anyone that actually goes to a celina game, especially in the playoffs, has nothing but good things to say about the program, players, teamwork and sportsmanship of the Bobcats.

But there is that bobcat1 guy.:devil: :devil:

charlesrixey
02-05-2008, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72

notice i didn't say 'fans'

no fans are perfect!:D

BEAST
02-05-2008, 03:21 PM
Having been on message boards since before the first of four consecutive state titles in 1998, i remember when no one really cared about celina

That year, the Bobcats beat the defending champion Stanton Buffs 9-0 in the semifinals and 3,000 yard rusher Chris Harris and Elysian Fields 21-0 in the championship game.

Of course, 14-2 Celina was dismissed as only the 4th best team in 2A that year, behind 12-3 Omaha Pewitt (the D1 Champion), 12-2 Brookshire Royal, which lost to pewitt by two in the title game, and 13-1 Mart, which lost to Royal by two in the semis.

not much has changed

Ironically, the Bobcats have been favored by most ranking sites and personalities only twice in 9 championship games (2001 and 2007).

They have also only been #1 in the AP Poll (at any point in the season) twice in my memory--in 1995 (before the district 13-9 loss to Pilot Point) and in 2001, before their 4th consecutive state title.

Despite this lack of respect amongst pollsters, many people still CARED about Celina, but only to accuse them of recruiting or playing a weak schedule. Those are the most common things i've heard in more than 10 years of posting.

Why does everyone hate Celina? the same reason they won't hate them when they are no longer a juggernaut--people love to hate winners, especially when the are so consistent and rarely ever lose.

Unfortunately, what it does take away from is the accomplishments of the teams and players that worked so hard to get celina to where it is now. Back then, in small school north texas, Celina had alternated with Pilot Point as the dominant school since the early 1970's (largely due to GA Moore). Pilot Point is no longer hated, but Celina's ability to continue and expand on that success in such a dominating fashion in the later 1990's and to today didn't earn them too many supporters outside of collin/grayson/denton counties (although many fans of past teams we've played still follow us).

for them, celina isn't about fans on a message board, just like with other big programs like SLC, Katy, Brownwood, or Austin Westlake, et al..., it's about a group of kids, who've worked hard class after class, to maintain an extremely high level of achievement year after year

Very well said. I could not agree more.

BEAST

JR2004
02-05-2008, 03:26 PM
[/color]

I personally don't hate Celina. However, I don't care for the jockriders and bandwagon fans who flood this and other message boards and talk about Celina as though they've been there for years and years instead of just weeks and weeks. It's the FANS you have representing your school here (not all as I've previously mentioned the good ones on here like yourself, OrangeDefense and Bruce) that make people root against them. The idiocy of the few is the cause of so much negativity directed towards Celina.

There's teams I don't like that AREN'T winning titles.

I don't like Pinkston. Pinkston isn't that successful in football, but I can't stand them and I don't root for them to win, EVER.

Kimball is a yearly flameout in football as is Skyline more often than not. I don't like either of them.

The Purple Tigers from Lincoln...Nothing could make me like the Purple Tigers and they have only had two good runs in the last 15 years in football.

I don't care for Marble Falls and they haven't been good at football since I was in high school.

I didn't like Burnet when they won and I didn't like them when they were an also-ran in the mid-90's. Then again Marble and Burnet were rivals for my high school so that might explain why I don't root for either to win.

LH Panther Mom
02-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Good grief.....I personally don't hate any team, regardless of who they are. There are teams that I don't necessarily care if they win or not, but whoopdi-do.

And rixey, sorry, but if you've never received any "what the hell are you doing here watching this game?" looks, then I can't convince you that it's "just" on a MB.

Texasfootball2
02-05-2008, 03:28 PM

not much has changed

Man:D the whole time I was reading this I thought you were talking about Abilene Wylie:thumbsup: Darn! your talking about Celina:clap:

Just kidding charlesrixey:hand: I totally agree with you also:cheerl:

charlesrixey
02-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Good grief.....I personally don't hate any team, regardless of who they are. There are teams that I don't necessarily care if they win or not, but whoopdi-do.

And rixey, sorry, but if you've never received any "what the hell are you doing here watching this game?" looks, then I can't convince you that it's "just" on a MB.

I have received those looks (not since 2002), but when you are talking about WINNING programs, there is a difference. Unless the school itself has a history of bad sportsmanship (not going to name any examples), there was a lot less vitriol about fandom before the internet

Rivalries, for sure, have always been vicious, but the high school level arguments that used to only be heard in school have made their way onto what was a more adult conversation in the early years of the internet and before.

the longer Liberty Hill is successful, the more apparent it will be

pirate4state
02-05-2008, 03:51 PM
you wanna know what's funny?

everyone knows Sinton had a crappy football season 1-9, worst ever, if memory serves and yet some of the Mathis fans felt the need to make up a shirt that read:

front:

picture of the Jolly Roger with their zip code underneath it

back:

Home of the REAL Pirates
the score from this years game
Sinton ___ Mathis ___ (don't feel like looking it up but something like 39-14)
and the date

Now, c'mon......that is just ridiculous. You want me to be impressed with a win over our program? Get a win against us when we are actually winning some games! Morons!

that's just some of the stuff we have to deal with down in weak region IV :D

JR2004
02-05-2008, 03:53 PM

everyone knows Sinton had a crappy football season 1-9, worst ever, if memory serves and yet some of the Mathis fans felt the need to make up a shirt that read:

front:

back:

Home of the REAL Pirates
and the date

Okay that's just funny right there.

cshscougar08
02-05-2008, 03:53 PM

[/color]

Great post. Yes this is one of the main reasons why. But, like I said in my post, those few fans tend to ruin it for the whole community. I have no doubt that Celina is a great, upstanding community where people respect each other and where their fans have nothing but respect for their opponents. And the players are the same way. However, the few talks I've had with Celina fans on these message boards have made me think that Celina fans have NO respect for their opponents and think that every football team in the state is inferior to themselves. Sadly, these few fans have totally ruined by opinion of the name CELINA as a whole. I know there are good people in Celina and that respect is one of the main characteristics. But these few fans ruin it for me. And that's unfortunate. So in other words, I don't have any opinion over Celina, but the few fans that I've encountered (not on here) have made me think of Celina as a bunch of arrogant people. But posts like yours sway me otherwise. :)

Ranger Mom
02-05-2008, 03:56 PM
Personally, I don't care enough about ANY team (other than my own) to HATE them.

But....the one Celina game I went to where I sat on their side.....I had the misfortune to sit around "not the nicest" people I have ever met!!

Were they from Celina?? Who knows? They were wearing orange though!!

That was my first introduction to Celina, when they were still in 2A....didn't leave me all warm and fuzzy, that's for sure!!

As far as here, there are some Celina posters that I really like and some that I think are as arrogant and condescending as those I met at that game!!

Same goes for some posters of other schools too....just not in as great a number!!

Basically...I don't hate Celina because I have to care to hate...and I don't!:)

pirate4state
02-05-2008, 03:58 PM
Okay that's just funny right there.

:D

BwdLion_80
02-05-2008, 04:06 PM
:clap: So far I haven't seen anything that would annoy me out of you! Let's keep it that way. :D

Yes maam!;) ;) ;) ;)

BwdLion_80
02-05-2008, 04:08 PM

OH YEAH!!!!:mad:

I will be there tonight and see for myself! That is if it does not rain!:thinking:

Texasfootball2
02-05-2008, 04:12 PM
OH YEAH!!!!:mad:

I will be there tonight and see for myself! That is if it does not rain!:thinking:

Okay, so you will be one of the 150 people in the stands, and in soccer all the fans are on one side. If you care too, I would like to put a face with your downlow sig. My son is a senior on the soccer team.

BwdLion_80
02-05-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72

Because they have an Underwood's and Abilene doesn't. And when you're driving through and try eat there, or even get there at 5:00 before a 7:30 game, the line is too long. I also hate Brownwood because they have a nice, big, pretty lake. Abilene has 2 small, red, cosmetically challenged lakes. As for Celina, I don't even know where it is. So I can't hate them, yet. I also HATE my 9th grade Science teacher. She gave me a C on my fire prevention poster, and it was clearly a B+ or even A-. That was in 1968 and I'm still pissed. So, Ms. Liggon, if you happen to be reading this, you old wrinkled, worn-out ol' witch..... I haven't forgotten. I also hate people who have strong dislikes for others.:p :p :D

:p :p :p :p :p :p :hand:

pirate4state
02-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Yes maam!;) ;) ;) ;) :thumbsup:

:o i totally forgot our conversation about that other school (which will remain nameless) ---- i can't keep all you new posters straight, but i will now commit your username to my limited memory so this doesn't happen again :nerd: :D

charlesrixey
02-05-2008, 04:19 PM
Great post. Yes this is one of the main reasons why. But, like I said in my post, those few fans tend to ruin it for the whole community. I have no doubt that Celina is a great, upstanding community where people respect each other and where their fans have nothing but respect for their opponents. And the players are the same way. However, the few talks I've had with Celina fans on these message boards have made me think that Celina fans have NO respect for their opponents and think that every football team in the state is inferior to themselves. Sadly, these few fans have totally ruined by opinion of the name CELINA as a whole. I know there are good people in Celina and that respect is one of the main characteristics. But these few fans ruin it for me. And that's unfortunate. So in other words, I don't have any opinion over Celina, but the few fans that I've encountered (not on here) have made me think of Celina as a bunch of arrogant people. But posts like yours sway me otherwise. :)

hence the power of the internet

if you went to the title game, i hope your experience of the other 99.5% of fans was good.

Sometimes success can go to the head of fans, of all teams that win. Certainly we have our own, but i hope that instead of trying to prove something that has already been proven, they will not take for granted what this last 13 years has given us.

BobcatBenny
02-05-2008, 04:19 PM
. . . Basically...I don't hate Celina because I have to care to hate...and I don't!:)
And you told me you cared! LIAR! :mad:

Sweetwater Red
02-05-2008, 04:24 PM

Anybody that tells you they care about Celina that isn't wearing
orange is probably lying.:thinking: :D :devil:

cshscougar08
02-05-2008, 04:30 PM
hence the power of the internet

if you went to the title game, i hope your experience of the other 99.5% of fans was good.

Sometimes success can go to the head of fans, of all teams that win. Certainly we have our own, but i hope that instead of trying to prove something that has already been proven, they will not take for granted what this last 13 years has given us.

I'm in the band so I'm at every game. Actually didn't interact with any fans at the game. Didn't get a chance to either. I agree success goes to peoples heads all too easily. We have those people here in China Spring as well. It's unfortunate, but just part of sports.

Ranger Mom
02-05-2008, 04:32 PM

Step away from the orange kool-aid!!:dispntd:

BobcatBenny
02-05-2008, 06:17 PM
Step away from the orange kool-aid!!:dispntd:
Oh Ranger Mom! I luv uuuu truuuulllyyy!
http://www.actwin.com/toaph/life/rascals/alfalfa2.jpg

AP Panther Fan
02-05-2008, 06:46 PM

front:

back:

Home of the REAL Pirates
and the date

Now, c'mon......that is just ridiculous. You want me to be impressed with a win over our program? Get a win against us when we are actually winning some games! Morons!

that's just some of the stuff we have to deal with down in weak region IV :D

hahaha...we had to go into overtime to beat you. That should either make you feel better or make me feel much worse, either way...;) :D

Originally posted by nobogey72

I also HATE my 9th grade Science teacher. She gave me a C on my fire prevention poster, and it was clearly a B+ or even A-. That was in 1968 and I'm still pissed. So, Ms. Liggon, if you happen to be reading this, you old wrinkled, worn-out ol' witch..... I haven't forgotten. I also hate people who have strong dislikes for others.:p :p :D

:D Best post on this ridiculously long thread.

bobcat1
02-05-2008, 08:25 PM

You know I will be the villain, right Hops? I can fade the heat alright. Bring it you weak whinners.:D

BobcatBenny
02-05-2008, 09:03 PM
I am just going to go ahead and set the record straight on this.

I do not hate Celina.

I like Celina! :inlove:

SpeedOption
02-05-2008, 09:05 PM
Enlightening

DaHop72
02-05-2008, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I can fade the heat alright. Bring it you weak whinners.:D http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us) That's right bobcat, tell them don't sing it, just bring it.

:devil:

Emerson1
02-05-2008, 10:53 PM
Personally, I don't care enough about ANY team (other than my own) to HATE them.

But....the one Celina game I went to where I sat on their side.....I had the misfortune to sit around "not the nicest" people I have ever met!!

Was that the game in mesquite?

bobcat1
02-05-2008, 11:10 PM
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us) That's right bobcat, tell them don't sing it, just bring it.

:devil: What Hops said! Littluns bunch up and you biguns line up. :D

Ranger Mom
02-06-2008, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Was that the game in mesquite?

Yeppers!