PDA

View Full Version : Navasota schedule out?

Gsquared
02-03-2008, 08:02 PM
I wanna see it.

HEMOTOXIC
02-03-2008, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
I wanna see it.

There is a tentative schedule, of course, but, I am not sure when they are going to say. I see that the Rattlers play Palestine in week 1 @ Rattler Stadium

striker
02-03-2008, 11:17 PM
Heard possible games with Bellville, Palestine, Henderson, and Hearne.

Gsquared
02-04-2008, 07:57 AM
I like the first three but I dont think Hearne is going to belong on the same field as the Rattlers next year.

HEMOTOXIC
02-05-2008, 12:13 AM
I like the first three but I dont think Hearne is going to belong on the same field as the Rattlers next year.

Hearne played Navasota tough last season. However, I wish the Rattlers would have scheduled a team like Burnet, Liberty Hill, Jasper, or even another high powered offensive team. Navasota's defense will be the key to the Rattler's success in 08. Everyone knows how high powered LH offense is and Jasper showed the Rattlers some good stuff in the playoffs. Burnet, if they are the Burnet of old, have the potential to be high powerd also.

Any event, the Rattlers will make the best of every game situation and will not over look the Eagles of Hearne.

Go Snakes!

navscanmaster
02-05-2008, 05:12 AM
Well, anyway around it, you won't hear the old "so and so was scared to play us, so we had to settle for Hearne" junk that is running rampant this time of year on the board. It really don't matter what happens in predistrict since the district record decides playoffs. They are all kids out there, and most will all play their hearts out regardless of the opponent. Besides, Palestine and Henderson, if they turn out to really be our opponents for the next two years, will be good matchups. Practically like playing two 4A teams in predistrict.

HEMOTOXIC
02-05-2008, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Well, anyway around it, you won't hear the old "so and so was scared to play us, so we had to settle for Hearne" junk that is running rampant this time of year on the board. It really don't matter what happens in predistrict since the district record decides playoffs. They are all kids out there, and most will all play their hearts out regardless of the opponent. Besides, Palestine and Henderson, if they turn out to really be our opponents for the next two years, will be good matchups. Practically like playing two 4A teams in predistrict.

Palestine is now 3A. But one 4A team is cool, although I wish that it were Brenham.

navscanmaster
02-05-2008, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Palestine is now 3A. But one 4A team is cool, although I wish that it were Brenham.

PRACTICALLY like playing two 4A teams in predistrict

Knew that already. Just opining that since Palestine only dropped down a few years ago, and is still a large 3A, it is like playing two 4As.

PHS Wildcats
02-05-2008, 08:56 PM
I'm glad we schedule you guys, now I have a reason to check out your new stadium. We come to Navasota in Week 1.
:clap:

navscanmaster
02-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
I'm glad we schedule you guys, now I have a reason to check out your new stadium. We come to Navasota in Week 1.
:clap:

Wildcat stadium:
10,000 seats, awesome pressbox setup, plenty of room for visitors. Does it have turf yet?
Rattler stadium:
5,000 seats, itsy-bitsy pressbox, visitors beware. Turf and Video scoreboard rescue it from being below average for 3A.

PHS Wildcats
02-05-2008, 11:58 PM
There's a school board board meeting set for 2/11. At that time, they will introduce a new head coach, in all likelihood, it will be interim head coach Booker Bowie, and i think vote on getting turf and video scoreboard, as of now, we don't have it,

texasjeremy
02-06-2008, 10:01 AM
Knew that already. Just opining that since Palestine only dropped down a few years ago, and is still a large 3A, it is like playing two 4As.

Yeah, Palestine has the mindset, facilities, and depth of a 4A school, so it is like playing a 4A school.

Gsquared
02-06-2008, 10:49 AM
I like Palestines stadium. The pressbox ajoining the school is pretty cool. Wait, is ajoining a word?

boudreaux
02-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Nice place. Groveton considers all games there a home game. Decently run regional track meet. With soccer Id turf it.

PHS Wildcats
02-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Thanks, That stadium was built in 1980 and still ONE OF the nicest stadiums in the state. Now if there was only a way to fix the parking problem. We had a down yr last yr, because of all the young players play for the 1st time, but we should be a lot better this yr.

navscanmaster
02-07-2008, 01:40 AM
Thanks, That stadium was built in 1980 and still ONE OF the nicest stadiums in the state. Now if there was only a way to fix the parking problem. We had a down yr last yr, because of all the young players play for the 1st time, but we should be a lot better this yr.

Looking forward to a quality matchup.:clap: :clap:

Gsquared
02-07-2008, 07:57 AM
Im gonna have to go ahead and put a Navasota game on my schedule.

navscanmaster
02-07-2008, 08:56 AM
Im gonna have to go ahead and put a Navasota game on my schedule.

Come on down! Always glad to have more people watching a game. Maybe you could make the Rockdale game, since we all know who will be attending that one.... :devil:

Gsquared
02-07-2008, 09:15 AM
Come on down! Always glad to have more people watching a game. Maybe you could make the Rockdale game, since we all know who will be attending that one.... :devil:
Wierd things happen when im around GoBlue

navscanmaster
02-07-2008, 09:23 AM
Wierd things happen when im around GoBlue

Just slap his hand and tell him "NO" next time!:D

PHS Wildcats
02-07-2008, 09:01 PM
I figure that with the stadium holding 5k, should we get there early, we usaully bring about 3 or 4k for away games.

HEMOTOXIC
02-08-2008, 12:44 AM
I figure that with the stadium holding 5k, should we get there early, we usaully bring about 3 or 4k for away games.

Well you all better get there extra early. Traffic is a nightmare getting in and out. The visitors side only seats 1500 although it may be expanded by next season.....Of course, that is just hear say....We all know how that can be in a small town.....

Go Snakes!

navscanmaster
02-08-2008, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Well you all better get there extra early. Traffic is a nightmare getting in and out. The visitors side only seats 1500 although it may be expanded by next season.....Of course, that is just hear say....We all know how that can be in a small town.....

Go Snakes!

For what it ended up costing, we might as well have done equal side concrete structures.:D

Gsquared
02-08-2008, 08:07 AM
Just slap his hand and tell him "NO" next time!:D
I tried that in Giddings, I told him I wasnt that kinda guy but P4S kept eggin him on.