PDA

View Full Version : Jasper?

Gsquared
02-03-2008, 07:46 PM
What are the dogs going to have coming back? That Gilmer/Jasper game could get me on the road. In Jasper this year or Gilmer?

setxsports
02-03-2008, 07:47 PM
In Tyler. Jasper has quite a few players back and should be even better.

Gsquared
02-03-2008, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by **********
In Tyler. Jasper has quite a few players back and should be even better.
Ahh ok, wonder if it will be the Thursday night game of the Classic.

kepdawg
02-03-2008, 09:08 PM
I guess Thursday would work, but Saturday would be nice!

Gsquared
02-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I guess Thursday would work, but Saturday would be nice!
Guess I know whos goin with me to that game. Wanna stop by the McDonalds in Lindale before the game? :eek:

JasperDog94
02-03-2008, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Ahh ok, wonder if it will be the Thursday night game of the Classic. I hope not...:(

waterboy
02-04-2008, 08:35 AM
Gilmer has played in the Classic every year since it started, and it has always been the Thursday night game. I don't see that changing this year. Gilmer Thursday night, John Tyler Friday night, a 4A matchup as the early Saturday game, and Tyler Lee on Saturday night is the way it has been played. I would definitely prefer the Friday night or Saturday day game, too.

DU_stud04
02-04-2008, 08:53 AM
Guess I know whos goin with me to that game. Wanna stop by the McDonalds in Lindale before the game? :eek: ill go if we can stop at the whataburger off of 323(i think) entering tyler. thats a pretty cool whataburger.

Gsquared
02-04-2008, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
ill go if we can stop at the whataburger off of 323(i think) entering tyler. thats a pretty cool whataburger.
Thats the one with all the Elvis stuff right?

DU_stud04
02-04-2008, 09:24 AM
Thats the one with all the Elvis stuff right? i guess.... i remember it looking 70ish....mostly remember the bike tank art..... some cool stuff.

JasperDog94
02-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Gilmer has played in the Classic every year since it started, and it has always been the Thursday night game. I don't see that changing this year. Gilmer Thursday night, John Tyler Friday night, a 4A matchup as the early Saturday game, and Tyler Lee on Saturday night is the way it has been played. I would definitely prefer the Friday night or Saturday day game, too. :( Guess I won't be able to make the game then...:bigcry: :dispntd: :dispntd:

waterboy
02-04-2008, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
:( Guess I won't be able to make the game then...:bigcry: :dispntd: :dispntd:
Come on man ....... you can make it. It'll be hard making it to work that Friday, but it's just one day. We need those classy Jasper fans there.

pirate4state
02-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
:( Guess I won't be able to make the game then...:bigcry: :dispntd: :dispntd: If you know THIS far in advance, why couldn't you take a vacation day? :thinking:

That's what us crazies would do! :p

kepdawg
02-04-2008, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
If you know THIS far in advance, why couldn't you take a vacation day? :thinking:

That's what us crazies would do! :p

Not everybody's crazy like you!

I don't see why they'd invite Jasper and have them play on Thursday.

Aesculus gilmus
02-04-2008, 06:26 PM
Why not? In 2006 they invited a team from Vegas (Bishop Gorman) to play on Thursday night.

I very much doubt if LV BG made it to class the next day unless they went to the school named after Gorman in Tyler.

kepdawg
02-04-2008, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Why not? In 2006 they invited a team from Vegas (Bishop Gorman) to play on Thursday night.

I very much doubt if LV BG made it to class the next day unless they went to the school named after Gorman in Tyler.

I was speaking from the perspective of fan attendance. I doubt many LV fans were making the trip regardless so the day wouldn't matter. I think Thursday versus Saturday will make a significant difference in the number of Jasper fans in attendance.