PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Wharton-Cuero

Old Green
11-15-2003, 01:41 AM
Best game I have seen in a long time.
Ist half was a defensive battle. Cuero scored first then Wharton to make it 7-6. that's the way it stayed the first half.
Right before half, Cuero was on the 4 yd. line about to score when Schumacher was intercepted in the end zone by Wharton to kill the drive.

Second half started off with Cuero receiving the Kickoff. First play from scrimage Cuero fumbled and a Wharton player picked up the fumble and ran 50 yyds. for the score to make it 12-7 Wharton.

From there it was a foot race with 7 lead changes.
Gobblers had a chance to tie it up with about 50 seconds left on the clock with a fieldgoal but it was blocked leaving the score 32-29.
Like it was said by many. This game would come down to who made the most mistakes. Wharton didn't make any. Cuero did.

Congratsto Wharton on a well deserved win and congrats to both teams for entertaining us with a hard fought game.

RiverRatDad
11-15-2003, 04:25 AM
Thanks Old Green. This was one of the best high School games I've watched. I know it is an old, repeated saying, but it was a shame a team had to go home after tonight. Cuero got beat, but they were not losers. Cuero has a classy team and classy fans. The Mean Green will be tough to contend with in the future. GO WHARTON TIGERS!

Old Green
11-15-2003, 06:27 AM
RiverRatDad:
Thanks Old Green. This was one of the best high School games I've watched. I know it is an old, repeated saying, but it was a shame a team had to go home after tonight. Cuero got beat, but they were not losers. Cuero has a classy team and classy fans. The Mean Green will be tough to contend with in the future. GO WHARTON TIGERS!Thanks for the Compliment RRD. The young Gobblers played their hearts out as Well did your Tigers. They exceeded what was expected of them. :)
It was a good game.
Someone Had to Lose. Good Luck to the Tigers :)

<small>[ November 15, 2003, 05:32 AM: Message edited by: Old Green ]</small>

Old Green
11-15-2003, 06:28 AM
<small>[ November 15, 2003, 05:33 AM: Message edited by: Old Green ]</small>

Pudlugger
11-15-2003, 07:12 AM
My congratulations to Wharton. I was wrong on my prediction yesterday and I apologize! I guess from the way ya'll played, ya'll have consistancy along with the flash and talent afterall. This is a team that is peaking at just the right time and you can't judge them from earlier perfomances. [I should have known bbetter since that is also the situation for La Grange.] I wish you luck and sincerely believe Burnet is going to be tested if they play ya'll next week.

bd62
11-15-2003, 08:06 AM
wow what a game. congrs. wharton and good luck rest of the way.
cuero played hard and with a lot of heart. class coaches and class kids.

SintonFan
11-15-2003, 12:19 PM
Sorry about the loss Cuero. With that young team of yours your future looks very bright, indeed. :cool:

Specklebelly
11-15-2003, 01:19 PM
Wow, looks like my prediction was right on. Both teams brought their A game and the Tigers prevailed. This appears to have been a great game and a great win for Wharton.

As for Cuero, its a good thing you dont play in District 28 I guess. Making the playoffs in our district would even be a stretch. Just kidding, your team has nothing to hang your head about. You had a great season in what was supposed to be a rebuilding year. With some hard work in the offseason, you just might be the team to beat in R4 next year.

LogieJoeBean001
11-15-2003, 01:25 PM
Congratulations Wharton Tigers. Wish I could have been there to support my team, but was home with a sick child.

Thanks to all on the congrats. We appreciate it. From what I'm reading, it sounds like both teams brought their game. In situations like this, it is sad that somebody has to lose. Work hard, Cuero, and things will come together.

whtfbplaya
11-15-2003, 09:17 PM
Old Green
[QB]

Like it was said by many. This game would come down to who made the most mistakes. Wharton didn't make any. Cuero did.

QB]I have to disagree with you here Old Green, Wharton made pleanty of mistakes but pure talent got them by this week. If we want to beat Burnet we have got to do alot better on both sides of the ball.

Old Green
11-16-2003, 06:25 PM
whtfbplaya:

Old Green
[QB]

QB]I have to disagree with you here Old Green, Wharton made pleanty of mistakes but pure talent got them by this week. If we want to beat Burnet we have got to do alot better on both sides of the ball.You are right whtfbplaya. :)