PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell, Cameron, Rockdale - Pre Season

Milk That Cow
02-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Anybody know what their Pre-Season schedule looks like?

yoe64
02-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Camerons is Connally, lexington, Lorena, and Gatesville

idk about the other two.

ProudHornetMom
02-03-2008, 01:58 PM
I thought that the pre season schedule could not be announced until after February 22...the deadline for district appeals and contracts.

buff4life
02-03-2008, 02:00 PM
thats probably when they are finalized but coaches can tell and talk about it...

Milk That Cow
02-03-2008, 03:10 PM
Now, I'm starting to believe the talk around Buffalo Country that Cameron really was scared to play Giddings...

That's a cupcake/creampuff schedule if I've ever seen one. A 2A Lexington team who lost a lot of folks from last year. An average Connally team, and Gatesville/Lorena Teams who were horrible last year...

It's not like they would play Giddings in the Bi-District since they are in a whole nother region...

I look forward to seeing the Caldwell and Rockdale schedules, and see if they look like they are running from the Buffs as well...

that is all...

SpeedOption
02-03-2008, 03:30 PM
the Yoeman dont want no Buffalo. No way no how.

King_LeYoeNidas
02-03-2008, 07:43 PM
Remind me again why Cameron (or anyone else) would be afraid to play an overrated one man team who is now without their one man show? Giddings was an average team with an above average player who made it happen for them. Their lack of a state title year in and year out proved that. Liberty Hill (dispite the score) destroyed them last year and humbled Fitzhenry who did NOTHING against the Panthers. Cameron has played Giddings for years now. Don't expect that to change just because they happen to not play each other one reallignment. It has happened before.

CHS_CG
02-03-2008, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
Remind me again why Cameron (or anyone else) would be afraid to play an overrated one man team who is now without their one man show? Giddings was an average team with an above average player who made it happen for them. Their lack of a state title year in and year out proved that. Liberty Hill (dispite the score) destroyed them last year and humbled Fitzhenry who did NOTHING against the Panthers. Cameron has played Giddings for years now. Don't expect that to change just because they happen to not play each other one reallignment. It has happened before.

Dont you remember.. thats the rules of 3a.. Its only right for every team near Giddings to be afraid to play them.

King_LeYoeNidas
02-03-2008, 09:14 PM
odd....last team we played Giddings they choked and got outcoached and outplayed......

boudreaux
02-03-2008, 10:11 PM
Cameron has fallen off a lot.

ProudHornetMom
02-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Caldwell's tentative pre season games:

Bellville
Waco Connally
Splendora
Sheppard (will play at neutral site)

c-town_balla
02-03-2008, 10:24 PM
its alil difficult to keep up a 24-3 record over two years

We had a bunch of big headed super athletes in 2006....that choked

We had a few overachievers in the last class that played x10 better than anyone expect

NastySlot
02-04-2008, 12:21 PM
Cameron I believe has a very talented soph...class so look for good things in the near feature.

sicem74
02-04-2008, 12:39 PM
wow....scared to play giddings....i mean we did beat them twice...why play them again...haha come on now guys...and yea 24-3 is pretty impressive

Milk That Cow
02-04-2008, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
Caldwell's tentative pre season games:

Bellville
Waco Connally
Splendora
Sheppard (will play at neutral site)

With the exception of Bellville, the rest of these games are over 90 miles from Caldwell...

And Giddings is right down the road...

It would be interesting to know who is avoiding who....

buff4ever
02-04-2008, 01:05 PM
well, we have been 24 - 2 for the record over the last 2 years and I think 9 - 3 the year before that, can't recall right now.

But, I can say that these teams being caldwell and cameron didn't want to play giddings this year.

My opinions on why are in no particular order, but you can prolly put it together.
1. This team dislikes somethings about our program, and can't manage to beat us.

2. This team and us have played for years and traded licks quite evenly, however happen to be on the decline right now.

Giddings can't get anyone close to play us, hence the wharton, la vernia, waco robinsons in our schedule for this year. We will be doing some driving as will our opponents before district. We will be a playoff team, but not as dominant as we have the past few years, atleast untill next year or so. I can't tell you why teams don't want to play us around here, I have an idea, just won't say it on here. (and no it is not the sportmanship of the PLAYERS)

King_LeYoeNidas
02-04-2008, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
well, we have been 24 - 2 for the record over the last 2 years and I think 9 - 3 the year before that, can't recall right now.

But, I can say that these teams being caldwell and cameron didn't want to play giddings this year.

My opinions on why are in no particular order, but you can prolly put it together.
1. This team dislikes somethings about our program, and can't manage to beat us.

2. This team and us have played for years and traded licks quite evenly, however happen to be on the decline right now.

Giddings can't get anyone close to play us, hence the wharton, la vernia, waco robinsons in our schedule for this year. We will be doing some driving as will our opponents before district. We will be a playoff team, but not as dominant as we have the past few years, atleast untill next year or so. I can't tell you why teams don't want to play us around here, I have an idea, just won't say it on here. (and no it is not the sportmanship of the PLAYERS)

you do realize we've beaten you guys year in and year out so "can't find a way" is totally invalid. You lose.

buff4ever
02-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
you do realize we've beaten you guys year in and year out so "can't find a way" is totally invalid. You lose.

Are you looking at the past 5 years, or the grand scheme. I am looking back at least to the early 90's. And yes you are playing Lexington instead of giddings. I think I know what you are doing. Mainly living off the past few years for your current view of your team instead of recognizing what is going on right under your nose.

buff4life
02-04-2008, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by sicem74
wow....scared to play giddings....i mean we did beat them twice...why play them again...haha come on now guys...and yea 24-3 is pretty impressive

34-5 is pretty impressive also...and yay two years...all you do is live in the past...we're talking about the present

buff4ever
02-04-2008, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
34-5 is pretty impressive also...and yay two years...all you do is live in the past...we're talking about the present

I don't think he is going to get it. I am just glad that even though no one around here wanted to play us for whatever reason that we are not playing lexington. That would be an all time low, cameron is stooping.

ProudHornetMom
02-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Break ups are hard aren't they? ;) And hard to tell who broke up with who. ;)

And I thought the Buffers would come be homers for Caldwell. Sigh. :(

Milk That Cow
02-04-2008, 08:22 PM
I don't think he is going to get it. I am just glad that even though no one around here wanted to play us for whatever reason that we are not playing lexington. That would be an all time low, cameron is stooping.

I agree it is "embarrassing" that Cameron has scheduled Lexington again, but...

Navasota did schedule 2A Hearne again too...

If you are a powerhouse there is no earthly reason you should be scheduling a 2A school unless they are state championship bound...

Hearne and Lexington are just average 2A schools right now...

cameron91
02-04-2008, 09:22 PM
first of all buffs , the last two time cameron meet up with you guys I do believe yall lost both games :hand: and as far as cameron puttin 2a team on their preseason schedule.where the love from last year when they had two 4a teams on their schedule plus a private 5a school from Dallas. yes yall did have two good years in a row :clap: . as far as history goes between the buffs and yoemen since 90 , we're 9 - 5 against yall. so you're still our lil hwy 77 brotha. if you want some more history I'll drop some by your feet and pick it up if you're not scared.

3a team most wins since 2000 - 2007

13th. Giddings 69-28 :clap:
25th. Cameron 64-32 :(

1988 - 2007

16th. Cameron 150-78 :clap:
22th. Giddings 143-80 , seem like someone is falling and can't get up.

1978- 2007

8th. Cameron - 248-98

no top 25 for giddings :D

1968-2007

4th Cameron 313-132

still no giddings in top 25 :eek:

buff4life
02-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by cameron91
first of all buffs , the last two time cameron meet up with you guys I do believe yall lost both games :hand: and as far as cameron puttin 2a team on their preseason schedule.where the love from last year when they had two 4a teams on their schedule plus a private 5a school from Dallas. yes yall did have two good years in a row :clap: . as far as history goes between the buffs and yoemen since 90 , we're 9 - 5 against yall. so you're still our lil hwy 77 brotha. if you want some more history I'll drop some by your feet and pick it up if you're not scared.

3a team most wins since 2000 - 2007

13th. Giddings 69-28 :clap:
25th. Cameron 64-32 :(

1988 - 2007

16th. Cameron 150-78 :clap:
22th. Giddings 143-80 , seem like someone is falling and can't get up.

1978- 2007

8th. Cameron - 248-98

no top 25 for giddings :D

1968-2007

4th Cameron 313-132

still no giddings in top 25 :eek:

:clap: :clap: :clap: YAY!!! you mean a 5A TAPPS private school not close to the true 5A enrollment and two mediocre 4A losses...hmmm...and if yall had that much success against us why not play now?

ANSWER: scared to hurt record because ya'll won't be able to brag anymore

Old Tiger
02-04-2008, 10:02 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: YAY!!! you mean a 5A TAPPS private school not close to the true 5A enrollment and two mediocre 4A losses...hmmm...and if yall had that much success against us why not play now?

ANSWER: scared to hurt record because ya'll won't be able to brag anymore damn. facts are facts.

Giddings doesn't have Dock or Brock
Cameron doesn't have much either

Give me Giddings +10

yoemenkracker30
02-04-2008, 11:11 PM

wow...mediocre 4a teams huh? if i remember correctly, both teams made playoffs and lbj lost in OVERTIME by a field goal to eventual state champ rosenberg lamar in i believe what was the regional finals.....yeah, pretty mediocre

Old Tiger
02-04-2008, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by yoemenkracker30
wow...mediocre 4a teams huh? if i remember correctly, both teams made playoffs and lbj lost in OVERTIME by a field goal to eventual state champ rosenberg lamar in i believe what was the regional finals.....yeah, pretty mediocre yea me too

cameron91
02-04-2008, 11:17 PM
Bubba , the last two times WE MEET speak for this conversation.Bubba , those 4 a team you bumbin your gums on , LBJ went 4 rounds deep losing to the state champs in overtime. Fredricksburg lost in the second round , they haven't missed the playoff in 10years. Your facts is shooting blanks. Anyone can say this team is scared to play that team , but how many times have yall played lexington since 87.. ;) thats right 1 time :D , so before you start knocking them but some history and facts behind your story it it will sell more.yall are closer to them , why want yall put them on your schedule. are yall scared to play'em.. i think so :hand: , if you can play la grange and smithville why not play lexington. don't want lil brotha beatin yall up.

Big Blue - Rockdale beat cameron 1 time in how many years. before you put on a cheer leader uniform and down talk on cameron , you know your daddy is when it comes to football:clap: one play off apperance in 20 yrs doesn't make you a POWERHOUSE.

Old Tiger
02-04-2008, 11:20 PM

Big Blue - Rockdale beat cameron 1 time in how many years. before you put on a cheer leader uniform and down talk on cameron , you know your daddy is when it comes to football:clap: one play off apperance in 20 yrs doesn't make you a POWERHOUSE.

???????

cameron91
02-04-2008, 11:29 PM
my bad.. kinfolk i was hott at buffalot..i'll take back what i said..i like rockdale..:D soory about that..

c-town_balla
02-05-2008, 12:15 AM
I don't get how it is embarrassing to play Lexington....in 06 it was an excellent game with a 2a school who went 4 rounds deep....and then this year we beat them fairly easily but it was a good test that set us up for the year....and o....by the way Lexington puts us up against a rivals.com 4* and a a &m commit

Im embarrassed to play such opponents

Old Tiger
02-05-2008, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
I don't get how it is embarrassing to play Lexington....in 06 it was an excellent game with a 2a school who went 4 rounds deep....and then this year we beat them fairly easily but it was a good test that set us up for the year....and o....by the way Lexington puts us up against a rivals.com 4* and a a &m commit

Im embarrassed to play such opponents it is an aggy committ :D

Lexington has good athletes. Majority of them were in the 2007 class.

buff4ever
02-05-2008, 12:24 AM
Wow, I only remember playing lexington in baseball and basketball. At no time in the last 30 years could they play us in football.

I have said it, I will say it again, really simple here...

You are not the two teams that beat us the last two times we played. The team that you are is scared to face the buffalo.

If we played lexington SINCE 1987, I would be surprised; but I have been wrong before.

c-town_balla
02-05-2008, 12:25 AM
alrite ....well games are usally two year contracts....o well I wish we didn't embarrasse Cameron , Milam County, 18-3a, Region
III, 3a and the UIL by scheduling a team so terrible that they were district champions the two years we played them and a quaterfinalist the first year

yoemenkracker30
02-05-2008, 12:28 AM
you're right nick....what were we thinking

Old Tiger
02-05-2008, 12:33 AM
alrite ....well games are usally two year contracts....o well I wish we didn't embarrasse Cameron , Milam County, 18-3a, Region
III, 3a and the UIL by scheduling a team so terrible that they were district champions the two years we played them and a quaterfinalist the first year shame on cameron :(

yoemenkracker30
02-05-2008, 12:35 AM
incompetent people down there in cameron....they might as well schedule teams like milano, thorndale, buckholts, and ben arnold school of the blind

Old Tiger
02-05-2008, 12:39 AM
incompetent people down there in cameron....they might as well schedule teams like milano, thorndale, buckholts, and ben arnold school of the blind True. I know thorndale is the best team in Milam County:rolleyes: Or at least that's what they thought in the mid 90's when they ran their mouths after their two state championchips. I'll give them baseball though :(

Cameron people you should be ashamed of your town and athletic program for scheduling those teams! :(

sicem74
02-05-2008, 12:41 AM
1968-2007

4th Cameron 313-132

still no giddings in top 25 :eek: [/B][/QUOTE]

wow so we are a better program then giddings...aint that somethin...no top 25....wow..

c-town_balla
02-05-2008, 12:45 AM
I wish we could schdule:
Hutto...so bad WE beat em
Hempstead....2a shame shame and a forfit....kinda embarassing
Houston Kashmire....a would call this a very very bad version of LBJ....embarassing
Midway....wow kinda like a bad Fredriskburg
Wimberly...ok

but I sugest maybe....just maybe that you kinda look at yourself before you call us an embarassment

yoemenkracker30
02-05-2008, 12:47 AM
d-bo

buff4ever
02-05-2008, 12:52 AM
okay, done and you should still be embarrassed. :D :D :D :D

cameron91
02-05-2008, 12:57 AM
sometimes fact just doesn't lie..their is only one 3 A team in centex or Brazos Valley in the past 20 yrs has a winning record against cameron ..thats Marlin.. 7-6 .. now if thier is one team I would like to cameron play year in and year out this would be the team.i wonder what the buffs will look like now since fritz is gone. we know what yall are like when he's not playin 0-2 :eek:

Old Tiger
02-05-2008, 12:59 AM
Who was the last team to shut Giddings out?:cool:

c-town_balla
02-05-2008, 01:01 AM
well....I figured out how to piss off cameron people....call em an embarassment

cameron91
02-05-2008, 01:02 AM
rockdale 26-0 in 2004
caldwell 25-0 in 2004 :D

Old Tiger
02-05-2008, 01:05 AM
rockdale 26-0 in 2004
caldwell 25-0 in 2004 :D true. prior to brock giddings was not to bueno. then he came and made them muy bueno. :)

cameron91
02-05-2008, 01:09 AM
what do i get for winnin , can a broth get a 8 pcs hot spicy from Brokshire Bother :D with some red kool aid...

Old Tiger
02-05-2008, 01:16 AM
what do i get for winnin , can a broth get a 8 pcs hot spicy from Brokshire Bother :D with some red kool aid... hell bro if i'm buyin that i'm eatin at least half of that. speaking of which I may go to get that at lunch, haha. got the cherrry koo laid already

cameron91
02-05-2008, 01:24 AM
say as long as that chicken comes from cameron B.B. haven't tasted rockdales yet..

Old Tiger
02-05-2008, 01:25 AM
say as long as that chicken comes from cameron B.B. haven't tasted rockdales yet.. i heard camerons BB went down hill since charles foster left. lol

I think the recipe is universal so it'll taste good regardless.

cameron91
02-05-2008, 01:34 AM
naw..mane..miss shirly has that shick 'on ...poppin and krackin.. mane I drive from pflugerville every sunday just to get a batch of ms shirly shick'on.. hell i'll been down their sat , go fishing so maybe I'll stop in Rockdale and try theirs.. but i want to stop in milano and get me a double meat chezze burger from the truck stop:D

Old Tiger
02-05-2008, 01:35 AM
naw..mane..miss shirly has that shick 'on ...poppin and krackin.. mane I drive from pflugerville every sunday just to get a batch of ms shirly shick'on.. hell i'll been down their sat , go fishing so maybe I'll stop in Rockdale and try theirs.. but i want to stop in milano and get me a double meat chezze burger from the truck stop:D the truck stop is only open 24 hours on friday and saturday now.

cameron91
02-05-2008, 01:41 AM
:mad: I guess its will be BB 20pcs for us..just hope the fish is biting at sugarloaf..if not I will be:D

Old Tiger
02-05-2008, 01:46 AM
:mad: I guess its will be BB 20pcs for us..just hope the fish is biting at sugarloaf..if not I will be:D I'm sure a case of beer will always be biting if the fish aint ;)

buff4ever
02-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
true. prior to brock giddings was not to bueno. then he came and made them muy bueno. :)

Go Blue, you have stepped off in a big one here.

Just to address the meat of your post, Giddings has been to the quarter finals with brock on the team TWICE, In the 5 years prior to his or his father's existance in giddings we had been to the semi-finals TWICE. I am just wondering myself where exactly brock took us that we hadn't been other than his own fame, which he deserved. Giddings was use to being everywhere they we have been over the last few years before the fitzs got here. The expectations for this years seniors were higher than the quarter finals, so go figure.

NOW, to adress your alma mater that has only beat giddings like once or twice in 20 years, what does your opinion say for yourself. Back when I played we had a 9 in a row streak and a 11 out of 12 running against you guys.

YOU GOT SOME SPLAINING TO DO MY FRIEND!:D

buff4ever
02-05-2008, 09:52 AM
In the last 8 or 9 years 4 quartfinal births and 2 semi births by giddings, which of either cameron or rockdale can say that. The 10 years before that we were a one to two rounder almost every year (maybe not 3 of them). Giddings has been something to reckon with for at least the past 20 years, and a few years in the 80's with a couple of quarter final births back then as well.

Johnny Utah
02-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Go Blue, when I was in the Rock, 90-96, we never beat Giddings. Happened to tie them in 95 because Ortega was hurt(if he played we beat them, lost to Burnet in Bidistrict), could not play. They have always had some really good teams. Tough area to win in for sure!!! Go Tigers!!!

Johnny Utah
02-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Oh, Giddings, Bellville, La Grange and Sealy in REGION 4!! Look out!!!

yoemenkracker30
02-05-2008, 11:22 AM
kinda interesting how we go from football to chicken lol

c-town_balla
02-05-2008, 12:14 PM
hey john...we play and beat a team quite a bit to be scared of them...like I just wish we werent 11-4 and since 1986 against this team that is clearly so domonant and terrifiing that team go out of there way to not play them......im jus sayin dog

also
21-20

rockdale80
02-05-2008, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Go Blue, when I was in the Rock, 90-96, we never beat Giddings. Happened to tie them in 95 because Ortega was hurt(if he played we beat them, lost to Burnet in Bidistrict), could not play. They have always had some really good teams. Tough area to win in for sure!!! Go Tigers!!!

I think my junior year was the first time we beat Giddings in 18 years....:)

Johnny Utah
02-05-2008, 12:24 PM
How goes it Rockdale80??? My buddies at Sealy are excited about region 4. Go Tigers!!!

pirate4state
02-05-2008, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
How goes it Rockdale80??? My buddies at Sealy are excited about region 4. Go Tigers!!! :twitch: :cool: :D

yoemenkracker30
02-05-2008, 12:47 PM
hey john...we play and beat a team quite a bit to be scared of them...like I just wish we werent 11-4 and since 1986 against this team that is clearly so domonant and terrifiing that team go out of there way to not play them......im jus sayin dog

also
21-20

you're right

87 TIGER
02-05-2008, 02:49 PM
Rockdale's pre dist.
Lampassas
Llano
Marlin
Austin Johnston

Scrimmage Robinson & Giddings

Old Tiger
02-05-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
Rockdale's pre dist.
Lampassas
Llano
Marlin
Austin Johnston

Scrimmage Robinson & Giddings Wow pretty easy :( Only one that jumps out is Llano. Marlin should be down.

cameron91
02-05-2008, 03:05 PM
it's funny how , they ( buffs ) start talkin about cameron runnin from them .. now they have to jump on rockdale :D

Buff4ever : if you want to compare playoff stats I got'em and I drop them off to you if you like.

Giddings : just got on the map since 2004 ..b/4 that yall was just another team from Lee County..I'm still wondering why yall don't play Lexington..:thinking:

c-town_balla
02-05-2008, 03:23 PM
ok is that austin johnson or LBJ
cause I have no idea why anyone would play johnson

Old Tiger
02-05-2008, 03:24 PM
ok is that austin johnson or LBJ
cause I have no idea why anyone would play johnson Same here. I'm hoping it is LBJ :(

87 TIGER
02-05-2008, 03:30 PM
no it's jonson.
pre dist got messed up, we had Caldwell & Madisonville, and Elgin in pre dist then when the dist came out we had to scramble. Were also saving a spot for Cameron thinking they were going 2a

buff4life
02-05-2008, 03:41 PM
you're right

yall need to get some stats straight before yall try to brag...get together like "yoemen" would you little robinhoods and get it right...we've never said we have been better than yall in the past, we're saying yall are scared to play us NOW in the PRESENT

and the 21-20 should be Giddings 20 Cameron 7 Refs 14

Old Tiger
02-05-2008, 03:43 PM
yall need to get some stats straight before yall try to brag...get together like "yoemen" would you little robinhoods and get it right...we've never said we have been better than yall in the past, we're saying yall are scared to play us NOW in the PRESENT

and the 21-20 should be Giddings 20 Cameron 7 Refs 14

Giddings 20
Derek Evans 21 :D:D:D

buff4life
02-05-2008, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Giddings 20
Derek Evans 21 :D:D:D

i think he had 14 they scored on a fake field goal to somebody

Old Tiger
02-05-2008, 03:45 PM
i think he had 14 they scored on a fake field goal to somebody I thought he scored all of them? I could be wrong

c-town_balla
02-05-2008, 04:17 PM
he scored em all

Milk That Cow
02-05-2008, 06:12 PM
Well, none of the these teams are playing a remotely tough preseason schedule...(Only One Playoff Team- and it's a 2A- on all three schedules)

I guess I'm most disapointed in Cameron because I thought they were better than that...

Caldwell has never really won anything.

Rockdale had a brief but very strong string in the mid-70's...

But, Cameron has been a Statewide Powerhouse for Decades, yet they have fallen off the map the last couple of years and this schedule makes me wonder how far they have they fallen and can they get back up...

CALDWELL SCHEDULE
Bellville
Waco Connally
Splendora
Sheppard

CAMERON SCHEDULE
Waco Connally
Lexington
Lorena
Gatesville

ROCKDALE SCHEDULE
Lampassas
Llano
Marlin
Austin Johnston

buff4life
02-05-2008, 07:08 PM
I'm hoping the Rockdale game is vs. LBJ not the no show Johnston rams

cameron91
02-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Milk the Cow : what does fallen off mean in buff talk..lets go back as see where has cameron fallen off..

2004 - lost to jasper in round 3
2005 - lost to hutto in round 4
2006 - lost to Waco La Vega in round 1
2007- lost to Waco La Vega in round 1 ..this was a very young team but over acheived the whole season..wasn't even picked to make it to the playoff but did anyways..

Giddings :

2004 - didn't make the playoffs..was playing basket ball in November..
2005 - lost in round 3
2006 - lost in round 4 - fritz was hurt didn't play most of the game
2007 - lost in round 2 or 3 - fritz didn't play...

so if you add these up with both come out with 9 rounds of playoof history in the last 4 yrs..that just about even .. but if yall lost in round 3 this year ..then yall win 10-9;) .. so lookin at this i can say..giddings is not a good team without fritz , you proved in the last two years..how good will this team be.. not as good as 05,06 or 07 ..so be ready for a down year. we all have'em cameron has had two in a row and will bounce back this year.

buff4life
02-05-2008, 07:16 PM
Milk the Cow : what does fallen off mean in buff talk..lets go back as see where has cameron fallen off..

2004 - lost to jasper in round 3
2005 - lost to hutto in round 4
2006 - lost to Waco La Vega in round 1
2007- lost to Waco La Vega in round 1 ..this was a very young team but over acheived the whole season..wasn't even picked to make it to the playoff but did anyways..

Giddings :

2004 - didn't make the playoffs..was playing basket ball in November..
2005 - lost in round 3
2006 - lost in round 4 - fritz was hurt didn't play most of the game
2007 - lost in round 2 or 3 - fritz didn't play...

so if you add these up with both come out with 9 rounds of playoof history in the last 4 yrs..that just about even .. but if yall lost in round 3 this year ..then yall win 10-9;) .. so lookin at this i can say..giddings is not a good team without fritz , you proved in the last two years..how good will this team be.. not as good as 05,06 or 07 ..so be ready for a down year. we all have'em cameron has had two in a row and will bounce back this year.

dear wash out...milk that cow has not stated his affiliation with Giddings and has an outsiders opinion...not in buff talk..its REAL TALK...that is all

cameron91
02-05-2008, 07:40 PM
talks like a buff smell like a buff then its a Buff...:D

buff4life
02-05-2008, 07:41 PM
only kidding cameron only kidding...all opinions are respected around here, they just may not all be right :D

cameron91
02-05-2008, 07:45 PM
i know bro..just hate this time of the year no football..just fishing :D

loaded
02-05-2008, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
Well, none of the these teams are playing a remotely tough preseason schedule...(Only One Playoff Team- and it's a 2A- on all three schedules)

I guess I'm most disapointed in Cameron because I thought they were better than that...

Caldwell has never really won anything.

Rockdale had a brief but very strong string in the mid-70's...

But, Cameron has been a Statewide Powerhouse for Decades, yet they have fallen off the map the last couple of years and this schedule makes me wonder how far they have they fallen and can they get back up...

CALDWELL SCHEDULE
Bellville
Waco Connally
Splendora
Sheppard

CAMERON SCHEDULE
Waco Connally
Lexington
Lorena
Gatesville

ROCKDALE SCHEDULE
Lampassas
Llano
Marlin
Austin Johnston

Didn't Marlin and Llano make the play-offs? I thought that Llano went 3 or so rounds.

Milk That Cow
02-05-2008, 11:02 PM
I've been a Buffalo and partial Tiger for a long time...

But, I've always followed Rockdale(especially) and Cameron because I've got some relatives and many friends who live down there...

Again, Rockdale is Rockdale, they are just happy to be playing anybody...

But, Cameron ya'll are better than that...

The last two years The Yoe are barely playing .500 ball...
Haven't won a playoff game...
And let Rockdale Destroy ya'll in the Battle of the Bell game...

but hey, it's just my humble opinion...

Milk That Cow
02-05-2008, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by loaded
Didn't Marlin and Llano make the play-offs? I thought that Llano went 3 or so rounds.

Marlin Did Not make the Playoffs...

But Llano did...

Sorry, my bad...

buff4life
02-06-2008, 12:37 AM
well that settles it...Milk That Cow is affiliated with me now

cameron91
02-06-2008, 12:41 AM
well , i can see where you're comin from..IMO I think Cameron , needs to go back to the WING T or Power I ..the WING T gave Cameron the history it has now..in 88 we went to the POWER I , don't know how long they ran it but we ran it real dayum good.This spread , needs to find away out of cameron. but thats just thinkin out loud :thinking: , but i do have to give the ball coach credit for pullin a rabbit out of his hat this year.but if you look at liberty hiil , giddings and celina..they just run the ball. how can you get ready for a team in 3-4 days who run a offense that you see once a year. like they say if you can't beat'em ..join'em:D

buff4ever
02-06-2008, 09:09 AM
it's funny how , they ( buffs ) start talkin about cameron runnin from them .. now they have to jump on rockdale :D

Buff4ever : if you want to compare playoff stats I got'em and I drop them off to you if you like.

Giddings : just got on the map since 2004 ..b/4 that yall was just another team from Lee County..I'm still wondering why yall don't play Lexington..:thinking:

Funny how you say that we just got on the map in 2004, and in the immediate 5 years before that we made it to the semifinals twice, further than we have been in the most rescent four years. I just pointed that out earlier on this thread and mentioned that it was pre-fitzhenrys.

We are used to winning, we will reload for sure, we have some great young talent in the program. You must not have wanted to compare round of the play offs in the last 8 years, that might not have equalled you with us I guess.:D :D

Bull19
02-06-2008, 09:16 AM

cameron91
02-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Buffs : it still the same as the last 4 years..but here are the numbers :

Cameron :

2000 : lost in the 4th round
2001 : lost in the 1st round
2002 : lost in the 2nd round
2003 : didn't make the play offs

Giddings :

2000 : lost in the 1st round
2001 : lost in the 5th round
2002 : lost in the 1st round
2003 : lost in the 1st round

just like 2004-2007 we're even or you're 1 up..2000-2003 you're one more round ahead of us.like i said , we do need to play each other..but cameron is not scared of yall never have and will never be.you can say cameron is scared of yall all you want but facts is fact last two time we meet we won.i still can say yall are scared to play lexington
:D

buff4ever
02-06-2008, 01:04 PM
go back one more year and find a another 5th round by us.

Inside info is that you guys didn't want to schedule us. This is why we travel so much during pre-district.

I will go out on a limb here and say surrounding communities don't like our coach or something, b/c like I said we will be competitive as usual next year, but not the same hype and expectations as the last two.

HOWEVER WE MAY BE AS GOOD. Had a couple of freshmen and many sophmores on varsity.

OH WELL, the truth will prolly never come out. The fact is that caldwell and cameron were approached and we are scheduling la vernia, robinson and wharton????????

buff4ever
02-06-2008, 01:07 PM
By the way, I wouldn't call us scared to play anyone. We are traveling to far extremes to play 3a and 4a teams.

ALSO, we scheduled LH for week 0, THE ALMIGHT TWO TIME DEFENDING STATE CHAMPS.

Are you seriuosly asking us to put lexington in w/ LH, Elgin, Wharton, La Vernia and Robinson? You can have lexington.

loaded
02-07-2008, 09:37 AM
From what I hear, Rockdale's schedule was set the day before re-alignment and then completely changed. It did look like this:

week 0: Bay City (In kick off classic @ Round Rock Stadium)
week 1: Cameron (thought they would be 2A)
week 2: Madisonville
week 3: Elgin
week 4: Smithville or Taylor

Bay City wanted Rockdale to travel to Bay City the second year and Rockdale wanted to meet at a nuetral site so that game was cancelled Thursday afternoon. Friday after re-alignment, Bay City called back and said that they would meet the second year half way, but Rockdale had already given Llano their word, so thay did not back out. With Cameron and Madisonville ending up in thier district, that left holes for the first 3 weeks. When Elgin was called to confirm what was already agreed upon, they changed their mind Friday morning when they found a different opponent, which left Rockdale no one. Which leaves us with:

week 0: Llano
week 1: Lampasas
week 2: Marlin
week 3: Austin Johnston (hoping that they have a team)

JJ7997
02-07-2008, 10:17 AM

ALSO, we scheduled LH for week 0, THE ALMIGHT TWO TIME DEFENDING STATE CHAMPS.

Says it all right there. Yall might as well have scheduled Thor, God of thunder, you might have had a better chance of winning. :D

yoemenkracker30
02-07-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by JJ7997
Says it all right there. Yall might as well have scheduled Thor, God of thunder, you might have had a better chance of winning. :D

is LH returning a lot of people?

buff4ever
02-07-2008, 02:46 PM
is LH returning a lot of people?

You should be more worried about what Lexington got back, that would hurt if they slip up on you!:D

cameron91
02-07-2008, 10:03 PM
lol :clap: ..worry about lexington is like yall worring about smithville...