PDA

View Full Version : Wimberly to Canyon, Texas

Gontex
02-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Isn't Canyon the site for the Region I regional tournament? I googled it and it said 518 miles. I can't believe the UIL would do something like that. Man, I would throw the games before I would want to make a trip like that. I guess that would eliminate the old yellow dogs for that one wouldn't it?

kepdawg
02-02-2008, 07:12 PM
It looks like right now winter is in Lubbock and spring is in Odessa.

I don't know what it will be for the new alignment though.

Adidas410s
02-02-2008, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
It looks like right now winter is in Lubbock and spring is in Odessa.

I don't know what it will be for the new alignment though.
That's what it's been going back to at least 1998. Not sure about before then.

GreenMonster
02-02-2008, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
That's what it's been going back to at least 1998. Not sure about before then. This goes back as far as I can remember which is late 80's. Basketball regional is always at TTU and track regional is always at Ratliff.

STANG RED
02-02-2008, 11:46 PM
Wouldnt surprise me to see them make some changes, with the way the region has shifted. Abilene would make a lot more sense than Lubbock or Canyon now. I assume all the schools in each region vote on these things dont they?

kepdawg
02-02-2008, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Wouldnt surprise me to see them make some changes, with the way the region has shifted. Abilene would make a lot more sense than Lubbock or Canyon now. I assume all the schools in each region vote on these things dont they?

Just like they vote on which districts and regions they get put in!

LH Panther Mom
02-02-2008, 11:56 PM
Heck, track Regional was in Odessa even when I was in school. :eek: :eek: (Yes, we did have track back in the dinosaur ages. :p ) I can't see that Abilene would really be centrally located. Sure, it's closer for some of us, but you've got the Panhandle to consider, plus the FAR West Texas schools.

What, if anything, is held in Canyon?