PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood Schedule (all 10 games)

bwdlionfan
02-02-2008, 06:39 PM
Not completely set in stone, but should be something like this:

Burnet @ Alamodome Aug 30
Waco Lav Vega@Bwood
Stephenville @Bwood
@Liberty Hill
Open
Manor @Bwood
@Abilene Wylie
Breckenridge @Bwood
@Graham
Sweetwater @ Bwood
@Snyder

kepdawg
02-02-2008, 06:43 PM
That looks like fun!

formermbcouns
02-02-2008, 07:54 PM
Brownwood in 3A. Those words just don't seem to go together. I still find it hard to believe they dropped down...seems just a bit unfair to the rest of 3A...LOL.

STANG RED
02-02-2008, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
Not completely set in stone, but should be something like this:

Burnet @ Alamodome Aug 30
Waco Lav Vega@Bwood
Stephenville @Bwood
@Liberty Hill
Open
Manor @Bwood
@Abilene Wylie
Breckenridge @Bwood
@Graham
Sweetwater @ Bwood
@Snyder

Thats one brutal as hell schedule! But if they survive it, they'll be more than ready for the playoffs. That is, IF there's enough healthy kids to still field a team. Man this district is going to beat each other up something awful.

Emerson1
02-03-2008, 12:02 AM
Geez, they could be 4-6 or 3-7 and still be a legitimate team to go all the way

BobcatBenny
02-03-2008, 12:09 AM
Wow! Looks like they will be traveling to Snyder in the decisive game for the District Championship. :D

STANG RED
02-03-2008, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Wow! Looks like they will be traveling to Snyder in the decisive game for the District Championship. :D

Certainly possible. No doubt it will have some kind of playoff implications attached to it. My bet is, nearly every last game in this district will have heavy playoff implications in them. Every team had better pile on every point they can when they get the chance in every district game, cuase they may become very important after that last game. Somebody could easily end up staying home over just a point or two.

75009Football
02-03-2008, 12:44 AM
I was sure hoping Celina could introduce themselves early but seems it'll have to wait, for a while.

runthequarter
02-03-2008, 01:42 AM
Burnet @ Alamodome Aug 30 L
Waco LaVega@Bwood W
Stephenville @Bwood L
@Liberty Hill W
Open
Manor @Bwood W
@Abilene Wylie L
Breckenridge @Bwood W
@Graham W
Sweetwater @ Bwood W
@Snyder W

7-3, 4-1 dist

Panther One
02-03-2008, 02:04 AM
Don't be shocked if Brownwood loses to Liberty Hill and/or La Vega. Those have been two of the best teams in 3A the past two years and will be again next year. We'll definitely be looking forward to the Lions visit to Liberty Hill.

Lion_Addict
02-03-2008, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by formermbcouns
Brownwood in 3A. Those words just don't seem to go together. I still find it hard to believe they dropped down...seems just a bit unfair to the rest of 3A...LOL.

Now that's funny, an I'm not even gonna comment on the "unfair part.....:p

Lion_Addict
02-03-2008, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by 75009Football
I was sure hoping Celina could introduce themselves early but seems it'll have to wait, for a while.

I was hoping for the same thing. If we wouldn't have had the Ville already scheduled for week 3 it would have happened. But man, we have really missed that rivalry. If you haven't had the pleasure of attending a Brownwood vs. Stephenville matchup under the lights on a Friday night, you have missed something really special. One of the great rivalry games in the state of Texas!

WOS87
02-03-2008, 10:35 AM
Yikes!! :eek: That's quite a schedule....

9 out of 10 opponents were playoff teams in '07 including 1 state champ, 2 state semifinalists and 1 quarterfinalist.
5 out of 10 were district champs

The combined W-L from '07 is 93-32 including records of 14-0, 13-1, 12-3, 11-3, 10-2, 10-2, 8-3, 7-5, 5-6 & 3-7

Any idea who has the lead in enrollment for the district?? Wylie and Brownwood have got to be real close. It's a bit early to make a prediction on which will be tougher next year, the D1 or D2 playoffs.... It appears there will be minefields in both brackets in Region 1.

The 4 best teams (in my opinion) out of the 11 that are dropping down are all in Region 1.

Brownwood (6-4) and Fredericksburg (7-5) are the only teams dropping that actually had a winning record last season.... but Estacado (6-7) and Burnet (5-6) will both be looking to make good runs as well.

Rocket
02-03-2008, 11:35 AM
Abilene Wylie will be big school. By 50 plus...
Brownwood has always scheduled the best possible in pre-district. It makes for high levels of intensity each Friday. We don't back away from a fight.

Liberty Who? Looking forward to letting the rest of 3a understand just what happened when Brownwood dropped. Scheduling them should let them know its ours now. Sorry... Ha Ha

LH Panther Mom
02-03-2008, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
Liberty Who? Looking forward to letting the rest of 3a understand just what happened when Brownwood dropped. Scheduling them should let them know its ours now. Sorry... Ha Ha
Wow! :eek: :eek: :eek: :doh: :doh: This could be fun. :D :devil:

Panther One
02-03-2008, 11:58 AM
Liberty Who? Looking forward to letting the rest of 3a understand just what happened when Brownwood dropped. Scheduling them should let them know its ours now. Sorry... Ha Ha Brownwood is just full of comedians.

slingshot
02-03-2008, 03:24 PM
See what we've had to deal with the last few years?:rolleyes: Now everybody gets a taste... They're good--not as good as they think--but good (in football that is, pretty weak in all other sports).

Panther One
02-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
See what we've had to deal with the last few years?:rolleyes: Now everybody gets a taste... They're good--not as good as they think--but good (in football that is, pretty weak in all other sports).
Yeah, we won the Brownwood baseball tournament last year and didn't even make the playoffs.

Old Tiger
02-03-2008, 03:35 PM

Liberty Who? Looking forward to letting the rest of 3a understand just what happened when Brownwood dropped. Scheduling them should let them know its ours now. Sorry... Ha Ha That's what WO-S thought also:doh: :doh:

bwdlionfan
02-03-2008, 05:03 PM
Brownwood went to the quarterfinals last year in baseball, and start this season ranked #18 in 4A.

STANG RED
02-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Abilene Wylie will be big school. By 50 plus...
Brownwood has always scheduled the best possible in pre-district. It makes for high levels of intensity each Friday. We don't back away from a fight.

So how do you look in Orange? I ask only because Celina fans are allowed to be this arrogent on this board.:rolleyes:

Well at least they dont have to look back into the ancient archives to find their championships.:p

BwdLion_80
02-03-2008, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED

Well at least they dont have to look back into the ancient archives to find their championships.:p

Now look who is talking! Our championships might be ancient, but at least we have some to look back on. Oh wait, Sweetwater has ONE, don't they. It is ancient too, right?

BILLYFRED0000
02-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
Now look who is talking! Our championships might be ancient, but at least we have some to look back on. Oh wait, Sweetwater has ONE, don't they. It is ancient too, right?

I got news for you. If LH is close to what they were this year it won't be a game. It would not be with us either. La Vega is a year to year team and not a program. Not sure what you will get. You already know AW. Just remember that Gilmer beat AW 28 21 then LH steamrolled Gilmer 38 14 and the game was not that close.
LH has a 23 game streak going and they can hold their own with you believe me.

BwdLion_80
02-03-2008, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I got news for you. If LH is close to what they were this year it won't be a game. It would not be with us either. La Vega is a year to year team and not a program. Not sure what you will get. You already know AW. Just remember that Gilmer beat AW 28 21 then LH steamrolled Gilmer 38 14 and the game was not that close.
LH has a 23 game streak going and they can hold their own with you believe me.

Excuse me for not understanding what the he!! you just posted, but what exactly does anything about LH have to do with what I posted in regards to the what the poster from Sweetwater posted?

Brownwood knows that LH and C are good, I, for one, have never questioned that. Why does it seem that anytime anything is posted about anything other than LH or C someone from LH or C has to post something that brings up LH or C?

WOS87
02-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
That's what WO-S thought also:doh: :doh:

And WO-S has had a lot more recent success than Brownwood. We've got 2 titles and 4 championship appearances since the Lions last played in the finals.

Heck, Sweetwater's even won a title more recently than Brownwood has.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Giddings beat Waco Midway 28-14 last season? The same Midway that beat Brownwood 36-22 just 4 or 5 weeks later to keep them out of the playoffs?

;) ;) ;) Ahh... it's nice finally NOT being the new kid on the block.

WOS87
02-03-2008, 08:37 PM
Why does it seem that anytime anything is posted about anything other than LH or C someone from LH or C has to post something that brings up LH or C?

Welcome to our world!

:( :( :( :(

ProudHornetMom
02-03-2008, 09:42 PM

Shhhhh...I say let's all sit back quietly and let Rocket be surprized when Brownwood plays that unknown Liberty who team. :rolleyes:

As for owning the rest of 3A...you've gotta get out of district and region first. Gotta give you credit for coming through the dl door kicking with bravado.;)

STANG RED
02-03-2008, 10:55 PM

But I wasnt the one on here spouting off about how great we are either, and how we are going to run rough shod over 3A.
Just keep on thinking 3A is going to be a pushover, and youll find yourselves setting out the playoffs again. You know what its like to set home during the playoffs dont you? Yeah I thought so.

Black_Magic
02-04-2008, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
But I wasnt the one on here spouting off about how great we are either, and how we are going to run rough shod over 3A.
Just keep on thinking 3A is going to be a pushover, and youll find yourselves setting out the playoffs again. You know what its like to set home during the playoffs dont you? Yeah I thought so. I dont get it where Any region I 4A west of DFW area would think they are superior. not to take anything away from them but I would think the 3A vs 4A records would speak for it. I know Snyder Played several 4A Play off teams( Beat Estacado and Beat Herford, and Beat Amarillo PD ) all playoff teams. How did BWood do in the 4A playoffs last year? Also wondering howmany returning starters they have from 07??:thinking:

pirate4state
02-04-2008, 11:29 AM
The schedule looks good, the rest of what has been posted on this thread is just funny! :D

....and so it begins :D

Texasfootball2
02-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Excuse me for not understanding what the he!! you just posted, but what exactly does anything about LH have to do with what I posted in regards to the what the poster from Sweetwater posted?

Brownwood knows that LH and C are good, I, for one, have never questioned that. Why does it seem that anytime anything is posted about anything other than LH or C someone from LH or C has to post something that brings up LH or C?

WELL HERE WE GO:thumbsup: LET THE TRASH TALKING BEGIN:D

AN WE HAVE APPROXIMATELY 210 TO THE BEGINNING OF WEEK ZERO!

icu812
02-04-2008, 12:09 PM
Just curious but why does a town with a population of around 20,000 have 3A numbers? We've got 2,500 in Van.

bwdlionfan
02-04-2008, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by icu812
Just curious but why does a town with a population of around 20,000 have 3A numbers? We've got 2,500 in Van.

When you've got a town of 20,000 people in a county of 38,000 people, but there are 7 schools in the county, you aren't going to have real big schools.

LH Panther Mom
02-04-2008, 12:15 PM
27.5% under the age of 18, 12.8% from 18 to 24, 19.2% from 45 to 64, and 16.2% who were 65 years of age or older.

The majority in those age groups won't have high schoolers.

Texasfootball2
02-04-2008, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
When you've got a town of 20,000 people in a county of 38,000 people, but there are 7 schools in the county, you aren't going to have real big schools. \

Brownwoods population is predominately an older generation with the exception of the Howard Payne students who do not count. Early has had affect on the Bwood enrollment lately.

Sweetwater Red
02-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Just curious but why does a town with a population of around 20,000 have 3A numbers?

They've figured out Wylie's strategy.:thinking: :devil:

Looking4number8
02-04-2008, 12:22 PM
Our community has an over abundace of retired people... Walmart is never short of greeters!!

Guess we have more older people and people live a little longer around here just because we have something to live for ...BROWNWOOD FOOTBALL!

;)

Acrually like a previous poster said, there are a lot of schools in our county. Our school district in almost only Brownwood City Limits. Most of the outer areas are districted to other schools.

LH Panther Mom
02-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by lookingfornumbe
Our community has an over abundace of retired people... Walmart is never short of greeters!!

Been there....agree. ;)

Lion_Addict
02-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
They've figured out Wylie's strategy.:thinking: :devil:

Now that was funny.....:clap: