PDA

View Full Version : La Grange Gels

Pudlugger
09-26-2003, 11:17 PM
The Leopards are back! LG 51 Hempstead 7
no turn-overs D shuts down the run completely. The new offensive line owns the line of scrimmage, I liked what I saw tonight. Manor is next, get ready for a very fast and worthy opponent Leps, 'cause it all counts now. :cool:

eye of the tiger
09-26-2003, 11:18 PM
Sounds like the Leopards are ready. Congrats on the big win.

lepfan
09-26-2003, 11:25 PM
They did not seem as flat as they have been! Hempstead got very frustrated and wanted to get a little dirty...but we stopped them.

Gobbla2001
09-26-2003, 11:33 PM
Way to go, Leps, knew you'd gel...

lepfan
09-26-2003, 11:41 PM
Pud, tell them about the 54 yard pass to #8 Ulrich for the TD

<small>[ September 26, 2003, 11:42 PM: Message edited by: lepfan ]</small>

Pudlugger
09-26-2003, 11:46 PM
lepfan:
Pud, tell them about the 54 yard pass to #8 Ulrich for the TDAnderle hit Travis Ulrich over the middle on a deep route for a perfectly executed 54 yard TD. Anderle has found his range and the receivers are all catching the ball. Maybe the new offensive line has something to do with this, as he had plenty of protection and picked out the receivers in a calm and cool fashion. Go Leps, Beat Manor!!! :D

KL3
09-26-2003, 11:57 PM
Oh man, La Grange stomped Hempstead. We should all be worried about La Grange now.

Gobbla2001
09-27-2003, 12:01 AM
Wouldn't grade this La Grange team under their HC on the early season games... Stumbled against Gonzales in '00 (who was knocked out of the first round of the playoffs) during pre-district and ended up being crowned, dang, what was it? State Champions? Yah, that's it...

Don't underestimate this LG team...

Pudlugger
09-27-2003, 12:03 AM
KL3:
Oh man, La Grange stomped Hempstead. We should all be worried about La Grange now.LOL! It was how they "stomped" Hempstead that counts. This was a very well played game with almost no errors which tells me the team is ready for District. Hempstead has some fine individual athletes just didn't get anything going all night. It is hard to move the ball with 3 or 4 purple shirts on your back. Now KL3 go back to the Library and study! :D

SintonFan
09-27-2003, 12:21 AM
Congrats on the win Leps. Looks like yall are definately ready for district. Good job!

IBRINGTHEHAT
09-27-2003, 01:12 AM
First off, I would like to ask exacty how Hempstead got "dirty". The personal fouls that were called were really really weak. To Pudlugger I appreciate the comments (Your son played very well, it's a wonder he doesn't play more.). Oh and Pud, how did you like the kickoffs my big butt got to run back?

lepfan
09-27-2003, 01:21 AM
Late hits... ya'll really wanted to deck our guys when we were taking the knee at the end... :confused: usually if a team takes the knee the defense will not try to kill them...good game IBTH...glad to see we got out without injuries

IBRINGTHEHAT
09-27-2003, 01:32 AM
Ok, i can see on that where you are coming from lep. How about that one kid from your team who was helped off the field, is he ok?

Specklebelly
09-27-2003, 01:43 AM
I wouldn't think that things in La Grange have sank to the point where they have to make posts tooting their own horn about whipping Hempstead. But then again, Ive been wrong before.

lepfan
09-27-2003, 01:58 AM
IBRINGTHEHAT:
Ok, i can see on that where you are coming from lep. How about that one kid from your team who was helped off the field, is he ok?#64 Hickle is ok...he is a tough one...he was on the bottom of that large pile... eek!

lepfan
09-27-2003, 02:00 AM
Specklebelly:
I wouldn't think that things in La Grange have sank to the point where they have to make posts tooting their own horn about whipping Hempstead. But then again, Ive been wrong before.What are you talking about??? :confused:

Pudlugger
09-27-2003, 06:41 AM
Specklebelly:
I wouldn't think that things in La Grange have sank to the point where they have to make posts tooting their own horn about whipping Hempstead. But then again, Ive been wrong before.Wrong again too! LG played a great game and it is alright to say so on this board. If Rice wins nobody objects to your posts so why take a shot at me. :rolleyes:

<small>[ September 27, 2003, 06:42 AM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

Pudlugger
09-27-2003, 06:48 AM
IBRINGTHEHAT:
Ok, i can see on that where you are coming from lep. How about that one kid from your team who was helped off the field, is he ok?He played the whole game. In the first half he wore #70 and was right OT. When Schramm got hurt (lacerated forearm) coach put him in as Right TE and he was #88 (for Chief Woodman:not illegal since he was changing from interior line to a receiver). You lined up opposite him about half the time with big #65 the other half. He had a good night I thought. Thanks for the nice remarks and good luck in your district. You may catch somebody napping and surprise some folks.
ps Yes I liked your runbacks, good hard hitting! See my post to you earlier on that. :)

lepfan
09-27-2003, 07:24 AM
Pudlugger:

Specklebelly:
I wouldn't think that things in La Grange have sank to the point where they have to make posts tooting their own horn about whipping Hempstead. But then again, Ive been wrong before.Wrong again too! LG played a great game and it is alright to say so on this board. If Rice wins nobody objects to your posts so why take a shot at me. :rolleyes: Don't you just hate it when people do that? He must have a problem with LG...maybe he should get therapy or hey, my motto is build a bridge and get over it!

punt
09-27-2003, 11:39 AM
Never was a doubt in my mind that the LG staff would bring the team along and will be clicking at district time. Seen it year after year. The LG qb is quite an athlete, moves like a pg in basketball. What do you do when he is contained, seemed like he was the the guy you depended on for most of your gains. Say Hat, you had 3 chances to be a hero and score on kickoff returns. How come you didn't turn on that blazing speed and go for it? Hang in there Cats, nobody in the state has a tougher schedule with Newton, LG, Bellville, Sealy and Navasota to play.

IBRINGTHEHAT
09-27-2003, 01:27 PM
Well punt to be honest I reached back for my turbo chargers but they just were not there. Guess that was from being tired from playing everything except kickoff (Thats my excuse anyway!! LOL). I know Pud sees it in me, he told me so, but I hope all the fans in LaGrange know i really love this game and thats what keeps me going. Good luck to the leps, you guys are going to turn some heads this year.

Pudlugger
09-27-2003, 01:44 PM
punt:
Never was a doubt in my mind that the LG staff would bring the team along and will be clicking at district time. Seen it year after year. The LG qb is quite an athlete, moves like a pg in basketball. What do you do when he is contained, seemed like he was the the guy you depended on for most of your gains. Say Hat, you had 3 chances to be a hero and score on kickoff returns. How come you didn't turn on that blazing speed and go for it? Hang in there Cats, nobody in the state has a tougher schedule with Newton, LG, Bellville, Sealy and Navasota to play.Actually Cody Wilson #33 and John Hernandez #5 both rushed for over a 100 yards each. I'd
think the running game was pretty balanced when you look at the rushing stats.

lepfan
09-27-2003, 02:50 PM
IBRINGTHEHAT:
Well punt to be honest I reached back for my turbo chargers but they just were not there. Guess that was from being tired from playing everything except kickoff (Thats my excuse anyway!! LOL). I know Pud sees it in me, he told me so, but I hope all the fans in LaGrange know i really love this game and thats what keeps me going. Good luck to the leps, you guys are going to turn some heads this year.You had a good game...good luck in the upcoming games and keep your head up!!! :D

punt
09-27-2003, 03:28 PM
Pud, the other backs did look good. What do you think about your kicking game, kickoffs and PAT's as you didn't show much of your punting game.

lepfan
09-27-2003, 04:09 PM
punt:
Pud, the other backs did look good. What do you think about your kicking game, kickoffs and PAT's as you didn't show much of your punting game.PAT's need LOTS of practice!!! (don't you agree) :rolleyes:

Pudlugger
09-27-2003, 04:27 PM
punt:
Pud, the other backs did look good. What do you think about your kicking game, kickoffs and PAT's as you didn't show much of your punting game.Our kicker is in his first season and the deep snapper and holder also are doing this for the first time so we have had problems with consistancy. At the 'Dome last week #9 Chavarria hit 6 0f 7 PATs. Last night on the first attempt the snap was fumbled, he missed on the second and fourth wide, made the third and fifth and had the sixth attempt blocked, going 2 for 6. Coach wanted him to ground kick on kick-offs to prevent the big return(a problem for the Leps and a real strategic thing that Coach V has about football). I should point out that it was the short kick-offs that won the 2000 La Grange-Marlin game with two fumbles in a stiff breeze! I think Chavarria is real close to putting it all together. Now that the Lep offense is scoring big he is getting more attempts and is settling down, as are the deep snapper and holder. I think we'll be OK in district and for sure by play-offs. :cool: