PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwaters upcoming year

Stangs325
02-02-2008, 12:59 AM
any predictions?? any kids you see stepping up this year in the few main roles they lost??

DU_stud04
02-02-2008, 01:09 AM
rufus should do good..... cant really think of anyone else they have. no one caught my eye last year.

Snyder_TigerFan
02-02-2008, 01:31 AM
I think it's going to be another "rebuilding" year for Sweetwater.

I hate that term in high school football.

Stangs325
02-02-2008, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
I think it's going to be another "rebuilding" year for Sweetwater.

I hate that term in high school football.

rebuilding?? how do you figure?? this is the season many fans have been waiting on

Old Tiger
02-02-2008, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Stangs325
rebuilding?? how do you figure?? this is the season many fans have been waiting on I can tell.

Stangs325
02-02-2008, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I can tell.

can tell what?

Old Tiger
02-02-2008, 01:38 AM
can tell what? That this is the year that sweetwater fans have been waiting for.

Snyder_TigerFan
02-02-2008, 01:39 AM
rebuilding?? how do you figure?? this is the season many fans have been waiting on

Oh. That was the excuse last year. I was just getting it warmed up for this year.:devil:

Stangs325
02-02-2008, 01:39 AM
That this is the year that sweetwater fans have been waiting for.

it is

Stangs325
02-02-2008, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
Oh. That was the excuse last year. I was just getting it warmed up for this year.:devil:

ha i guess we'l see come district

Old Tiger
02-02-2008, 01:43 AM
it is is it?

Stangs325
02-02-2008, 01:50 AM
is it?

it is..why wouldnt it be??

Old Tiger
02-02-2008, 01:53 AM
it is..why wouldnt it be?? I don't know....you tell me.

Stangs325
02-02-2008, 01:54 AM
I don't know....you tell me.

there is no reason why i wont be..because it is

Old Tiger
02-02-2008, 01:54 AM
there is no reason why i wont be..because it is I need more reasoning before I buy into the S'water hype.

Stangs325
02-02-2008, 02:00 AM
I need more reasoning before I buy into the S'water hype.

come to the first game and youl see

Old Tiger
02-02-2008, 02:02 AM
come to the first game and youl see That is a LONG drive.

Stangs325
02-02-2008, 02:03 AM
That is a LONG drive.

read the paper then haha

Old Tiger
02-02-2008, 02:14 AM
read the paper then haha I guess I'll wait to watch them in the state game since this is the year for them :)

Stangs325
02-02-2008, 02:20 AM
I guess I'll wait to watch them in the state game since this is the year for them :)

yeah you could..i just didnt think you wanted to wait that long

Old Tiger
02-02-2008, 02:21 AM
yeah you could..i just didnt think you wanted to wait that long If they'll be as good as you say they will I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

DU_stud04
02-02-2008, 05:19 AM
rebuilding?? how do you figure?? this is the season many fans have been waiting on many fans have been waiting for THIS season? who? their parents? i havent heard of anything exciting since holsey came back from his injury last year.... before that was the game before vernon in 2006. we all know what that was like.

i hear the mighty mights were good last year.... how many more years till they reach high school?

Stangs325
02-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
many fans have been waiting for THIS season? who? their parents? i havent heard of anything exciting since holsey came back from his injury last year.... before that was the game before vernon in 2006. we all know what that was like.

i hear the mighty mights were good last year.... how many more years till they reach high school?

haha all i can do is laugh and im going to say it like ive said it in previous posts..if you know nothing about this topic why post something??

STANG RED
02-02-2008, 01:01 PM
I would love to hear some insights Stangs325. I dont have any kids in school anymore and dont really know many that are. Last year ended up better than I expected and the team was certainly much better later in the year than at the beginning for sure. I know we had a very young team and will have many returners but I know Holsey is graduating so I dont know who the QB candidates are. I have a lot confindence that our defense will be solid, but I'm less confident about the offense. Give me a little insight here to get excited about. Who do we need to watch out for? Who is going to step up and make an impact? Why do think this team will be better than last years? If Jackson and/or Hunt leave, will it affect the team adversley? You claim this is the season WE have been waiting for, so now tell US why.

Stangs325
02-02-2008, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I would love to hear some insights Stangs325. I dont have any kids in school anymore and dont really know many that are. Last year ended up better than I expected and the team was certainly much better later in the year than at the beginning for sure. I know we had a very young team and will have many returners but I know Holsey is graduating so I dont know who the QB candidates are. I have a lot confindence that our defense will be solid, but I'm less confident about the offense. Give me a little insight here to get excited about. Who do we need to watch out for? Who is going to step up and make an impact? Why do think this team will be better than last years? If Jackson and/or Hunt leave, will it affect the team adversley? You claim this is the season WE have been waiting for, so now tell US why.

haha ive been waiting for someone to ask me that question. but this is why. on defence they are only losing mccoy at safety and unless nobodys reads the paper then everyone knows how many all district, all state, and superteam, and all the other awards the players on that defence got. To start off with on defence since you want me to go into so much detail. Adamez is not going to be stopped on the d line. Hes been there since a sophmore and along with mccann recieved the most awards and honors on defence. as far as libebackers. your going to have senior rufus mccan ( if youve never heard of him, you must not read the paper or watch the news ) and senior fields. And then the youngest part of the defenece this last year was the secondary, but in my opinion they were who improved the most and they are going to be hard to throw on this year. As long as we can find someone to step up in Mccoys place at safety our defnece should be one of the best. And as for offence there losing qb holsey fb davis rb mccoy wr wallace and a few on the line. But the thing about it is all these players backups who will be the starters this year got numerous amounts of playing time. The backfield is going to consist of mccann fields and jackson. You asked who was going to step up..Daniel Jackson is going to be one of the biggest suprises next year at running back. he came in this year unheard of and had an outstanding year. You also asked about the qb spot. That will be goin to birdwell. He came out of no where last year , much like jackson, filling in for the injured holsey and had mutiple rushing and passing tds in the first 3 games, he even had a recieving td once holsey came back at qb. and what most people dont know unless you read the stats in the newspaper is that it took holesy till the 2nd to last game of the year to get as many passing yards as birdwell got in his 3 games to play. and that leads me to your last question and this is by far the biggest one and has the most talk going. "What if jackson leaves". either way there going to do good if just depends. if he stays then the other teams wil know what is coming and we'l just have to run right over them. if he leaves then we can finaly go in a direction weve never gone, and thats called passing. YES sweetwater fans. i said passing haha. the only thing i wished..is that andrews was on sweetwaters schedule

Snydertigersrul
02-02-2008, 01:25 PM
haha ive been waiting for someone to ask me that question. but this is why. on defence they are only losing mccoy at safety and unless nobodys reads the paper then everyone knows how many all district, all state, and superteam, and all the other awards the players on that defence got. To start off with on defence since you want me to go into so much detail. Adamez is not going to be stopped on the d line. Hes been there since a sophmore and along with mccann recieved the most awards and honors on defence. as far as libebackers. your going to have senior rufus mccan ( if youve never heard of him, you must not read the paper or watch the news ) and senior fields. And then the youngest part of the defenece this last year was the secondary, but in my opinion they were who improved the most and they are going to be hard to throw on this year. As long as we can find someone to step up in Mccoys place at safety our defnece should be one of the best. And as for offence there losing qb holsey fb davis rb mccoy wr wallace and a few on the line. But the thing about it is all these players backups who will be the starters this year got numerous amounts of playing time. The backfield is going to consist of mccann fields and jackson. You asked who was going to step up..Daniel Jackson is going to be one of the biggest suprises next year at running back. he came in this year unheard of and had an outstanding year. You also asked about the qb spot. That will be goin to birdwell. He came out of no where last year , much like jackson, filling in for the injured holsey and had mutiple rushing and passing tds in the first 3 games, he even had a recieving td once holsey came back at qb. and what most people dont know unless you read the stats in the newspaper is that it took holesy till the 2nd to last game of the year to get as many passing yards as birdwell got in his 3 games to play. and that leads me to your last question and this is by far the biggest one and has the most talk going. "What if jackson leaves". either way there going to do good if just depends. if he stays then the other teams wil know what is coming and we'l just have to run right over them. if he leaves then we can finaly go in a direction weve never gone, and thats called passing. YES sweetwater fans. i said passing haha. the only thing i wished..is that andrews was on sweetwaters schedule

Snyder sixth graders went undefeated and won the Colorado City Super Bowl. I can't wait for that group to get to high school.

:rolleyes:

Stangs325
02-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Snyder sixth graders went undefeated and won the Colorado City Super Bowl. I can't wait for that group to get to high school.

:rolleyes:

haha if you wana get into that..this group of seniors this year won the abilene pee wee supperbowl when they were in 6th grade then went undefeated in 7th and 8th grade.

DU_stud04
02-02-2008, 02:43 PM
haha all i can do is laugh and im going to say it like ive said it in previous posts..if you know nothing about this topic why post something?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Old Tiger
02-02-2008, 02:45 PM
state in 08 for sweetwater! watch out snyder, brownwood, graham, and a. wylie.

Snydertigersrul
02-02-2008, 06:29 PM
All I know that Snyder's streak of district championship will grow by two in the next two years.

Stangs325
02-02-2008, 08:55 PM
All I know that Snyder's streak of district championship will grow by two in the next two years.

haha i think you need to read what i left DU_stud04

DU_stud04
02-02-2008, 11:25 PM
haha all i can do is laugh and im going to say it like ive said it in previous posts..if you know nothing about this topic why post something?? you're what.... 15 right? just because you can play ncaa on easy doesnt mean you know football.

D. Jackson is a hard runner, hopefully sweetwater can beef up some kids for the line. Rufus is a power runner, wont ever see him try to hit the corner though. Kenneth Norman, been expecting big things from him, his name has alot of history with sweetwater mustangs through his dad. id like to see them throw it more to Keifer Adamez, he does his part on defense. Bo Bugarin is another one to look out for, it sure would have been nice to see his older brother come back after his knee injury his sophomore year, kid was good on the line. who else do they have for linebacker besides mccann? hopefully the defense can score some because the offense pretty much lost everything.

the offseason better be a hard one in sweetwater, they need to get bigger and defiantly faster as a team, they dont have nearly the team speed other schools have.

STANG RED
02-02-2008, 11:37 PM

Which once again proves how little you know.:rolleyes:

Emerson1
02-02-2008, 11:55 PM
And as for offence there losing qb holsey fb davis rb mccoy wr wallace and a few on the line.
First, it's offense and defense.

The QB was all Sweetwater had, the RB ran maybe a 4.6 40. Obviously no good power back, as I saw them 1st and goal from the .5 yard line and get stopped 4 runs in a row.

They should be rushing to get a 4th playoff spot in for 4a so they have a chance of making them.

the offseason better be a hard one in sweetwater, they need to get bigger and defiantly faster as a team, they dont have nearly the team speed other schools have.
This man knows football

Stangs325
02-03-2008, 12:16 AM
you're what.... 15 right? just because you can play ncaa on easy doesnt mean you know football.

D. Jackson is a hard runner, hopefully sweetwater can beef up some kids for the line. Rufus is a power runner, wont ever see him try to hit the corner though. Kenneth Norman, been expecting big things from him, his name has alot of history with sweetwater mustangs through his dad. id like to see them throw it more to Keifer Adamez, he does his part on defense. Bo Bugarin is another one to look out for, it sure would have been nice to see his older brother come back after his knee injury his sophomore year, kid was good on the line. who else do they have for linebacker besides mccann? hopefully the defense can score some because the offense pretty much lost everything.

i take it you never watched any of there games this year?? there offense is gone?? there backfield is going to be almost unstopable. and of course mccan wont hit the corner. hes going to be starting at fullback. jackson and fields wil be at the running backs and birdwell at qb. all of these showed what they can do this year. And the other linebackers besides mccan are bugarin fields and holsey. and as for the older bugarin. hes graduating early. so seeing how the offense lost a qb fb and 1 rb. i wouldnt quite say they lost everything

o yeah and by the way i play on heisman haha :)

Old Tiger
02-03-2008, 12:17 AM
i take it you never watched any of there games this year?? there offense is gone?? there backfield is going to be almost unstopable. and of course mccan wont hit the corner. hes going to be starting at fullback. jackson and fields wil be at the running backs and birdwell at qb. all of these showed what they can do this year. And the other linebackers besides mccan are bugarin fields and holsey. and as for the older bugarin. hes graduating early. so seeing how the offense lost a qb fb and 1 rb. i wouldnt quite say they lost everything

o yeah and by the way i play on heisman haha :) an offense is either unstoppable or not. There is not grey area there.

Emerson1
02-03-2008, 12:54 AM

o yeah and by the way i play on heisman haha :)
They must not of been that great if they couldn't win the starting jobs last year.

Is this how I was when I was 13 and posting on here?

DU_stud04
02-03-2008, 01:23 AM

o yeah and by the way i play on heisman haha :) offensive line is a pretty big deal.... also a 6'4'' receiver hurts a bit too even if you dont throw to him. i saw a few of the games, from the scrimmages where i first noticed jackson (and the 8 inches of rain), Decatur in the bowl, stephenville vs a struggling Bridgeport team to the loss to Vernon yet again. usually you'll find 2-3 players playing both ways of the ball at most..... not uncommon in the lower classifications, but from what your saying, it looks like sweetwater is gonna keep all 11 on the field for the whole game.

Stangs325
02-03-2008, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
They must not of been that great if they couldn't win the starting jobs last year.

Is this how I was when I was 13 and posting on here?

thats ridiculous. most of them did start and why would they start if they had seniors ahead of them?? but i guess youl see when the season start

Emerson1
02-03-2008, 10:20 AM
thats ridiculous. most of them did start and why would they start if they had seniors ahead of them?? but i guess youl see when the season start
Well then fire your coach for starting a lesser talent just because he was a senior

DaHop72
02-03-2008, 10:58 PM
This is the year Sweetwater fans have been waiting on.:thinking: :thinking: And Coach Hunt and Coach Jackson both applied for the Andrews job. Yeppers, they must be loaded. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

boudreaux
02-03-2008, 11:04 PM
Maybe when they drop to 2A some day. And they will someday. Jobs are in and around the cities.

STANG RED
02-03-2008, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
This is the year Sweetwater fans have been waiting on.:thinking: :thinking: And Coach Hunt and Coach Jackson both applied for the Andrews job. Yeppers, they must be loaded. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Maybe they finaly realized the talent is better than their 3 play offense, and its time to get out of the way.:p
Andrews in that district ought to be good for 8 or 9 easy wins the next couple of years, no matter who their coach is.

DaHop72
02-03-2008, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Maybe they finaly realized the talent is better than their 3 play offense, and its time to get out of the way.:p http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Actually I hear Stangs325 is going to take over the Mustangs this year.

:doh: :doh:

STANG RED
02-03-2008, 11:19 PM
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)

:eek: God help us!!!:D

Stangs325
02-03-2008, 11:48 PM

or maybe because the coaches are leaving is the reason its the season theyve been waiting on. did you think of that??

Stangs325
02-03-2008, 11:50 PM
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)

haha thats funny

DaHop72
02-04-2008, 09:21 AM
haha thats funny It would appear with your knowledge of the coming season that you would be the best choice.:rolleyes:

Sweetwater Red
02-04-2008, 10:08 AM

Coach Jackson is from Seminole. His parents still live there. He's
looking to get closer to home. I'm sure getting a raise from
55K to 80K has something to do with it too.

Coach Hunt is tired of being a brides maid. He's been an asst.
coach for the last 25 years. I'd be looking too.

DaHop72
02-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

coach for the last 25 years. I'd be looking too. But why would anyone want to leave the juggernaut that Stangs325 has described.;) ;)

Sorry Red, I think you guys now have you own version of our 325.:doh:

Sweetwater Red
02-04-2008, 10:25 AM
But why would anyone want to leave the juggernaut that Stangs325 has described.;) ;)

Either that or yours has two different IP addresses.:thinking: :devil:

VWG
02-04-2008, 10:29 AM

coach for the last 25 years. I'd be looking too.

:eek:
Sweetwater AD/HC only pays around $55k year???? Dang, that is low compared to some other 3A schools. I think Iowa Park is around the $60k range, and I know Sandifer at Wylie banks in over $80k per year. WFISD pays around $60k for all their HC (Old High, Rider, Hirschi).

Black_Magic
02-04-2008, 10:52 AM

coach for the last 25 years. I'd be looking too. Guy from Little field is getting that Andrews Job....:rolleyes:

DaHop72
02-04-2008, 10:53 AM
Either that or yours has two different IP addresses.:thinking: :devil: :thinking: :thinking: Nope, he's already used one of them on 2010.:D

Sweetwater Red
02-04-2008, 10:58 AM
:thinking: :thinking: Nope, he's already used one of them on 2010.:D

Yeah, he's ours. He's posted things that I don't think yours is
aware of where Sweetwater is concerned.:(

DU_stud04
02-04-2008, 02:40 PM
But why would anyone want to leave the juggernaut that Stangs325 has described.;) ;)

Sorry Red, I think you guys now have you own version of our 325.:doh: did someone call? http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/mexmustangs04/Juggernaut-2.gif

Sweetwater Red
02-04-2008, 02:47 PM
did someone call? http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/mexmustangs04/Juggernaut-2.gif

Get 'em.:D

DaHop72
02-04-2008, 03:03 PM
did someone call? http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g115/mexmustangs04/Juggernaut-2.gif Just describing the team that Stangs325 says that the entire town of Sweetwater has been waiting on.

There is no words that can describe the "real juggernaut", he's kind of a big deal and people know him.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DaHop72
02-04-2008, 03:03 PM
Get 'em.:D As for you, crawl back into your cubicle. :devil: :devil:

DU_stud04
02-04-2008, 03:04 PM

There is no words that can describe the "real juggernaut", he's kind of a big deal and people know him.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: thats what she said. :thumbsup:

Sweetwater Red
02-04-2008, 03:26 PM
As for you, crawl back into your cubicle. :devil: :devil:

Not you. stangs325 when he comes out tonight.:nerd:

Stangs325
02-04-2008, 07:47 PM

haha yall are funny. im done with this thread. i guess we'l just have to wait and see how the season plays out

DaHop72
02-04-2008, 07:49 PM
haha yall are funny. im done with this thread. i guess we'l just have to wait and see how the season plays out :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DU_stud04
02-04-2008, 07:52 PM
haha yall are funny. im done with this thread. i guess we'l just have to wait and see how the season plays out :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

SpeedOption
02-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Basketball way before Thanksgiving.

Old Tiger
02-04-2008, 08:02 PM
:(

sweetwater07
02-04-2008, 09:44 PM
come to the first game and youl see

i won't waste my gas.....if sweetwater makes playoffs THEN i MIGHT consider watching them play....

i see yet another rebuilding year at Sweetwater this year...ohh and look out for Brownwood and Wylie!!!

Old Tiger
02-04-2008, 09:46 PM
I was hoping Sweetwater would go all the way. :(

sweetwater07
02-04-2008, 09:50 PM

are you 325.... but now a sweetwater fan???:thinking: :thinking: :doh:

Stangs325
02-04-2008, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
are you 325.... but now a sweetwater fan???:thinking: :thinking: :doh:

what?? i dont get it?? and i have a question about your earlier post. how is it going to be another rebuilding year?? most of the seniors starting have been on varsity since their sophmore year and all the others that will be reciveing playing time got plenty of playing time last year to be ready for this year.

Butkus
02-05-2008, 09:12 AM
what?? i dont get it?? and i have a question about your earlier post. how is it going to be another rebuilding year?? most of the seniors starting have been on varsity since their sophmore year and all the others that will be reciveing playing time got plenty of playing time last year to be ready for this year. Well youngun it pears ta ole Butkus that u might wanna listen to some of tha old fellers on this hear board less people on hear start ta compare u ta ole loopy.:thinking: